Satan desires to destroy us and God desires to save us!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was reading Romans 7 today and noticed these verses that seem to point out that Satan is at war with the Saints to steer them to their demise and hell. And God is with us to deliver us to salvation. Paul had a messenger of Satan, a thorn in his flesh. And I think he noticed that and reflected it here. He is talking about how the flesh desires evil, but the spirit desires good. But I think it sounds like Satan is at work in these verses:

Romans 7:21 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was reading Romans 7 today and noticed these verses that seem to point out that Satan is at war with the Saints to steer them to their demise and hell. And God is with us to deliver us to salvation. Paul had a messenger of Satan, a thorn in his flesh. And I think he noticed that and reflected it here. He is talking about how the flesh desires evil, but the spirit desires good. But I think it sounds like Satan is at work in these verses:

Romans 7:21 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.
Paul was a fine honest example for us Dev, and comforts us with those words. Most of us struggle with our own thorns in the flesh, so when we see a born again Christian admitting it is a struggle for him as well, we don't feel so depressed about our wrongful desires. He gives us strength to overcome our struggles.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've heard people describe that you can let Satan attack you by engaging in sinful things and such. I think that will attract temptation perhaps which could lead to more sinning, but that isn't like being harassed by Satan. But the truth is always clear, when you serve the Lord you are an enemy to Satan and he fights against us for that.

I always liked this scripture in Jude demonstrating that God has power over him:

Jude 1:9 “Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.”

So I think a good prayer is to petition the Lord to deliver us from Satan and his harassment.

Last edited: