Scripture is not the last word.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You absolutely don't see the fruit involved, and just because you have a posse` of similarly deceived behind you pointing fingers, just tells me that there are more here who have not got the gift of spiritual discernment- because they reject sound doctrine and have itching ears.
You are biased in favour of the person being judged, very likely because you hold to a similar theology as does he.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The evil is what is compelling people on stage to scream , "Oil !! Oil" or to fall down in laughing fits and gyrating like snakes on the ground.
Not everything that happens in meetings like that is the Holy Spirit. Demons tend to manifest also, to try to dissuade people from believing in the work that God is doing.

I have found that being able to laugh freely in a setting like that has brought freedom to my soul in other areas.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And neither is that what I have done.

But I would say that everything that happens in church isn't necessarily going to have a precedent in the Bible.

Isa 43:19, Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.
You are correct , you have not exactly stuck to my words & you have not comprehended my post, but have added to it your own imaginings.
The pentecostal church has added a strange fire, like what Pastor John MacArthur addresses.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are correct , you have not exactly stuck to my words & you have not comprehended my post, but have added to it your own imaginings.
The pentecostal church has added a strange fire, like what Pastor John MacArthur addresses.
John MacArthur is only a fallible man; and not to be worshiped.

It has been said that there is going to be a civil war in the body of Christ; from my perspective this will not happen because of those who are accused of having strange fire, but because of the accusers. Iow, those who are accused are not the ones picking a fight.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What imaginings?

It may be that I have not comprehended your post. So tell me, just what was it that you were trying to say?

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It has been said that there is going to be a civil war in the body of Christ; from my perspective this will not happen because of those who are accused of having strange fire, but because of the accusers. Iow, those who are accused are not the ones picking a fight.
First, that is an insulting and completely bogus insinuation claiming anyone worships Pastor John MacArthur because I referred to him in this topic, so is that civil war notion, so is calling it picking a fight.
Btw, MacArthur & his guest Pastors did a GREAT JOB in the Strange Fire conference by addressing this counterfeit demonic spirits that is being hoisted as the Holy Spirit in the Pentecostal movement. I'd rather ruffle a bunch of feathers & cause egos to get indignant then see a whole waft of people leading others to hell.
Secondly , & those carrying on with Strange Fire need to be reproved with scripture--it's Biblical to do so.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see any strange fire in the Pentecostal Movement...those who say that there is, are seeking to draw a line in the sand and create further division in the body of Christ.

I know I have seen some blasphemous posts in recent days that amounted to blasphemy of the Holy Ghost...one in which there was a false interpretation given to tongues that amounted to saying that the person was praying to the Lord of darkness and referring to coca-cola and other trivial things that are in the media, and the interpretation sounded more like gibberish than the glossolalia itself (it would be funny if the consequences weren't so serious for the people who did it).

When tongues are spoken in, it is a sign to them which believe not.

To attribute the gift of tongues to satan to me is identifiable as the unpardonable sin; because tongues is a gift of the Holy Ghost.

But if you will post the conference that you are speaking of, I will listen to it.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Scott,

In John 16:13 Jesus is talking to his Apostles and that statement is meant for them ONLY. It is not meant for every Christian for all eternity that the Spirit will come and guide them into all truth. That is a why there is sooooo much division in Christianity because everyone thinks they are being personally guided by the Spirit. Some of them then start their own churches and deceive others into believing that what they are preaching is the truth.

Mary
No. See John 17:20-23 as Jesus continues on to include all who believe in Him.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quoting out of context scripture verses does not validate your claims of additional revelation. We knew you were quoting verses that have nothing to do with "the same way" as Christ. Sorry, they are not even close to anything. They are fragmented and random, not spiritual.
try praying for a basic spiritual understanding that has seemed to elude you so far.:(:confused::oops:
Thank you for your confession of knowing that I was in fact quoting scripture, and for joining your fellow in failing the test of all spirits.

But for those who are reading on who might be taken in by your evil doings...No, anyone who wants to do a study to know the actual truth of Jesus' or the apostle's quotes of scripture, will find that they in fact were often quoting "fragments" "out of context" contrary to what was considered the correct context of the time. Like I said, "The same way." Those who accused them, of course were wrong...and now you have become the naysayers of the present day, the behavior of which Jesus addressed in the scriptures - you should read it.

Also, it is indeed most biblical that the scriptures are quoted in fragments, just as Jesus and the apostles did. For "we see through the glass dimly."

Last edited:

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ScottA,

[Thank you for your confession of knowing that I was in fact quoting scripture,]

You misquoted scripture in that it was not on topic.
like this:
6 And the sea coast shall be dwellings and cottages for shepherds, and folds for flocks.

Good verse, but has nothing to do with our discussion
[and for joining your fellow in failing the test of all spirits.]

Those Christians you mock all confess Jesus Is Lord. They post sound theology. The use verses correctly.
[But for those who are reading on who might be taken in by your evil doings.]

Calling out false teaching and false posts is not an evil doing, but speaking the truth in love. We do not want to see you mislead or encourage others into your errors.

[..No, anyone who wants to do a study to know the actual truth of Jesus' or the apostle's quotes of scripture, will find that they, in fact, were often quoting "fragments" "out of context" ]

The Lord Jesus Christ never took anything "out Of context" .This suggestion is very wicked.

[contrary to what was considered the correct context of the time.]
of course, the people were not saved

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[..No, anyone who wants to do a study to know the actual truth of Jesus' or the apostle's quotes of scripture, will find that they, in fact, were often quoting "fragments" "out of context" ]

The Lord Jesus Christ never took anything "out Of context" .This suggestion is very wicked.
While I am unaware of any time that the Lord took anything out of context, it should be clear that Matthew quoted from Hosea 11:1, a scripture in which God's son, referred to Israel, and applied that statement to Jesus as being God's son.

Mat 2:14, When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt:
Mat 2:15, And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.

quoted from

Hos 11:1, When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt.
Hos 11:2, As they called them, so they went from them: they sacrificed unto Baalim, and burned incense to graven images.

In the original context in Hosea 11:1, the context clearly bears out that the son God called out of Egypt is Israel;

But Matthew, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, takes it out of context and applies the statement to Jesus' early stay of childhood in the country of Egypt.

Also, if you take a wild look at 2 Corinthians 9:6, I believe that you will see that the immediate context refers to financial sowing reaping and supports prosperity doctrine; but if you want to put a more orthodox spin to it you have to compare it to Luke 8:11 according to the spiritual hermeneutic found in 1 Corinthians 2:13, taking it out of its immediate context and instead applying the topical context.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just now went back and read the posts that I had not yet seen that were posted before my moniker was mentioned in this thread...

This is why 'Scripture alone' is so important.
"He has spoken to me…" is not from God (including the chuckling); it is from the deceitfulness of your own heart.

Jesus said,

Jhn 10:27, My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

You are 100% correct we know nothing of you. But what we do know is God speaks to us via His word, the Bible. If I want to hear from Him, I open my bible and read.

I Love the prophets of Old and I know how they spoke , what purpose they served

These words are reminiscent of what the Pharisees said to the man blind from birth that was healed by Jesus:

Jhn 9:28, Then they reviled him, and said, Thou art his disciple; but we are Moses' disciples.
Jhn 9:29, We know that God spake unto Moses: as for this fellow, we know not from whence he is.
Jhn 9:30, The man answered and said unto them, Why herein is a marvellous thing, that ye know not from whence he is, and yet he hath opened mine eyes.
Jhn 9:31, Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

speaking of Jesus...and by extension, His servants who labour to bring sight to the blind through the preaching of sound doctrine.

this is why there is a "NEW TONGUE" in the body. the same tongue, just "NEW" which the Holy Ghost teach, because many have not heard it before, Mark 16:17 "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues".

Acts 1:16 "Men [and] brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus".

the Holy Ghost been speaking through men. the same tongue, but "NEW" things taught.

PICJAG

Mat 13:52, Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

First, that is an insulting and completely bogus insinuation claiming anyone worships Pastor John MacArthur

I also did not claim that anyone was worshiping John MacArthur...but if you are offended by the statement that I did make, know that when you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, the one that barks the loudest is the one that got hit...so if the shoe fits, wear it!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You absolutely don't see the fruit involved, and just because you have a posse` of similarly deceived behind you pointing fingers, just tells me that there are more here who have not got the gift of spiritual discernment- because they reject sound doctrine and have itching ears.
Actually, my "posse'" are people who do have spiritual discernment and who know ugly when they see it. They also saw @Preacher4Truth's ugly demeanor before I did; and I put him on Ignore for a season at their suggestion. Of course the love of Christ constrains me now to seek his soul that it might be saved; so I have taken him off of Ignore at the prompting of the Holy Ghost.

Sound doctrine can be presented in a manner that isn't ugly, FYI.

But some here, who think that they are the experts on sound doctrine, have never let that doctrine trickle down into their hearts to save them...from such spiritual iniquities as malice, hatred, and bullying.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also did not claim that anyone was worshiping John MacArthur...but if you are offended by the statement that I did make, know that when you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, the one that barks the loudest is the one that got hit...so if the shoe fits, wear it!
I wasn't offended. I see dishonesty. You were the one insinuating Pastor John MacArthur was worshiped. Hope you repent one day.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wasn't offended. I see dishonesty. You were the one insinuating Pastor John MacArthur was worshiped. Hope you repent one day.
Perhaps "worship" is too strong a word...but a word of lesser strength might still be accurate concerning some of his followers.

Also, there is no need to repent since what I am saying is of the truth.

I also did not "insinuate" that he was being worshiped; I only gave an exhortation that if anyone is tempted to venerate him, they ought not to do so; for he is only a man, and fallible.

Last edited: