Scripture says "in His Name, the Gentiles will trust" - what will 'Evolutionist Gentiles' trust in Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think I've nailed it (but then I often think I've nailed something): Jesus said "if then you being evil, are still able to give good gifts to your children, how much more will God give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?" (gospels, from memory). This is key! Evolution needs something to pass on to the next generation - something simpler, more genuine, more direct, as is responsibly hard.

That's what Jesus ensures: that the giving won't stop! That Evolutionists will have something great to pass on!

If they cannot be responsible, what room to interpret Evolution is there, constructively?

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
[...]

If they cannot be responsible, what room to interpret Evolution is there, constructively?
From being responsible, we have "doing the best you can, with what you have".

If at the end of your life, you have evolved as much as you can, and you are still human, that is no skin off your nose!

We must learn from this, if we are to face our enemy!

Let them say "it is folly!", let them wonder "how else can it be?", but if in the end we stand for the Cross, how great is our victory?!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In boldness in the Lord, I say "Design is able to sweep evolution, along with it"!

If then Evolution is swept along with Design, how shall we not praise the Designer? And with what purpose will we fail to purpose and not praise the Designer along with it?

We have the greater Word, Lord be praised!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm starting to get my head around a response, based on scripture.

First, Jesus says "don't swear by a hair on your head, for you cannot make one white or black" (Matthew 5:36)

Then Jesus says "if you cannot do the least, why are you anxious for the rest?" (Luke 12:36)

All that is needed then, is some expression from Jesus about Word becoming a defence - and we have a verse in Revelation that says "He will destroy the anti-Christ, with the sword that proceeds from His mouth" (Rev 19:21) and a verse that says "the Word that I have spoken, will judge anyone that does not believe" (John 12:28) and again a verse not to cast "your pearls before swine, lest they trample them underfoot" (Matthew 7:6): all this adds up to a question in my mind, that is, "is there anything that would save the fool, from thinking greater foolishness is an escape?" I think fundamentally, when Jesus speaks, He speaks to the fool - the problem we have with Evolution, is that the presumption "more will be said", the exact same problem Paul had with the Greeks, who said "what you said is nothing new" (paraphrase, letters from memory). What is interesting is that the right word, in principle, would get the Evolutionists over the line - that is, from forgetting the word of God, to remembering it (I think that is where the Holy Spirit will have the most influence, in terms of Evolution.

I guess what we want to do is get Evolutionists across the line, before its too late. Evolving in Hell, is never going to get you out of Hell.

Maybe that's it? Maybe the final Word we need is Luke 16:19 "even if you see someone rise from the dead, you won't believe, if you have not believed the Law of Moses and the Prophets"?

It's hard to imagine leaving someone in Hell, but if Word required credibility to be believed, the wise thing to do, would be keep our interpretation of that Word equally credible? If then, they want "Hell" let them have it: we are called to higher, not arguments with fools!?

I think I've nailed it (but then I often think I've nailed something): Jesus said "if then you being evil, are still able to give good gifts to your children, how much more will God give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?" (gospels, from memory). This is key! Evolution needs something to pass on to the next generation - something simpler, more genuine, more direct, as is responsibly hard.

That's what Jesus ensures: that the giving won't stop! That Evolutionists will have something great to pass on!

Sorry I missed your follow up to my comment. It would help if you used the "Rely" function so people are alerted that you have "Replied."

Anyway...you are off on a tangent about evolution which simply does not exist and cannot exist, because time is an illusion.

Just as it is written of we who are made in God's "image" are composed of the same elements of the universe--it's all just an "image" and a form of godly media just as the Word is--all of which was "before the foundation of the world." Meaning God created an "image" and gave a revelation by image and Word, of what actually existed before He created the "image" of it--it's an illusion. The purpose of which is to reveal all to all "but each one in his own order"--just as it is written. And we, we are characters made of the same pixels as the media, as if by the light of a Projector (capital P)--"Let there be light"..."Camera, action, roll'em!"

Oh, and none of what I have told you is merely what I "believe"--I have told you what is true from God.

Last edited:

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have nailed a pretty direct hit, here: members of a species, are preconfigured to respond the way their species responds.

The argument goes that God prepared the evolution of the species, to be derived from the species, for the purpose of a whole slew of adapations.

What identifying that we are preconfigured does, is give a context in which all our adaptations (or adjustments) can take place.

What is special about "us", is special about our species!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And again, here is a truer word: benign mutations, allow for more adaptation than corrupt mutations.

A true Evolutionist, would recognise that not all mutations are created equal, I think.

At some point, you stop allowing mutations, because you don't want them to interfere - benign mutations have the advantage that you can overstep them quite predictably and without consequence (whereas corrupt mutations could become cancerous).

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The priority of the moment, is the thing, I think - "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God", every day there is a reason for "Evolution" to respond, towards God or against Him. What we need to figure out is what makes us ready to receive the word of God (I think meditation is key, but that is not a scientific stipulation). You might laugh, but if an Evolutionist said "Today I am waiting for my selection pressure" every day of his life, he would ultimately come to be respected for his faith.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A gathering of preconfigurations, isn't going to evolve, because its preconfigured to remain preconfigured.

The caterpillar is always going to become a butterfly, no matter how many times it makes the transition to butterfly.

Understanding the connection between prepared and preconfigured would be advantageous, but scientists would have to admit, that when you start with dirt, the outcome is not better than dirt.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think it was Martin Luther King that said "faith is climbing the stairs when you don't see the top of the staircase".

I want some sort of confession like this, from Evolutionists? Jesus was prepared to be humble, why can't they be?

If they don't, it will be more like "Evolution is assuming you are on the top floor, before you've counted how many steps you need to make, to get there"

:D

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It makes sense to look at Evolution from God's perspective, I think.

When you get to Heaven, does God say "I appreciate you, what you will be"? Or "no matter what you will be, I appreciate you"?

When on Earth, does God say "now change, before I appreciate you"? Or "I appreciate you, now change"?

All of these things may be true, depending on who He is speaking to, but none of them change the species, as long as the change remains small. Therefore, for them all to be true, the variation of them all must be guided by a common design.

I propose therefore, that God creates an "Arch-Design" for the species, of which the individuals receive their own "design".

Our design belongs to us, but our Arch-Design belongs to God.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Part of working this out (the balance between Creation and Evolution) is identifying how we come into agreement, with what was already professed to have been coming. We are predetermined, in God, that can't change; but our agreement with how we are predetermined, does change. This is a mystery; we will be known as we knew ourselves in God. Therefore, if it is our manner to develop integrity - whether we believe in God or not - then when we are revealed in God, we will be revealed to be one that developed integrity. Evolution can't change that - we will always be the one that developed integrity and shared our integrity in God. The world hates this, but there is nothing that can be done about it, if we surrender to the One for whom all integrity can be made. Jesus is that One.

So then, if we are known to reveal integrity, and we reach Heaven and dutifully share that greater integrity, more integrity will be found. This is too late for Evolution to do anything other than be what it was, until it is next to nothing. If people still want almost nothing, despite the opportunity to develop integrity with me, the one that develops integrity need not condemn these people, their having almost nothing will put them in want of something, which is down to their word or the Devil's, whichever it is that has the greater sin. Therefore as Jesus said "My word will judge them" so they will be judged.

What this contest with the Devil doesn't change, is that the integrity that is revealed, is revealed as a choice - a necessary part of the puzzle, as far as Evolution is concerned. If Evolution ignores the choice, the Evolution is not true. That is a choice. What the Devil can do about that, is for anyone to guess, being a commitment to sin, regardless. So it will be, at some point, that the Devil will covet choices like it, that he may create an imitation. This is just the inevitability of the contest between Heaven and Hell. It will not be necessary to define or determine integrity again, integrity will already be established. Neither, if the one that develops the integrity trusts Jesus, will it be possible to bring that one into disrepute. Evolution of integrity, will have to be of the choice granted by integrity. This is an immutable fact, in no way does the integrity of it have to be more established in the way of Evolution, other than to say, that interacting with other values may affect the balance of integrity remaining - that it remains in some degree, will be beyond question.

I hope this has provoked your thought, that you are beginning to wonder "what manner of integrity, do I want?" "do I have the right balance of integrity?" - I myself struggle with these questions, and am constantly trying to work out, where the balance of integrity is best "committed to". I could go on about the relationship between commitment and integrity, but I will leave it there.

God bless.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Balance will vary, but commitment will grow (selah)

Which of these is more important to Evolution? You may never get more than more balance from balance, but the soul says "Grow!"?

Varying your commitment, may create more integrity - trust that!

Last edited:

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As long as you believe something, without giving other people a choice, you (your soul) gets sick.

It's not wrong to focus someone on the choice you are giving them, but leaving them with no way out, makes you ill (physically ill).

In this we must model Christ, that we go to the cross, where our faith can no longer be used to abuse those in the world (but where they have choice and the freedom to leave it behind).

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It bears telling that something the Gentiles won't receive is "more mutation". If you take a mutation and try to mutate it, you don't find your Evolution is more empowered, you find that your Evolution is consistently as rejected. You don't find that adaptations compound, with the pressure to respond on the basis of more and more mutation. You just have no purpose for mutation but to reject it. Jesus said let your "yes be yes and your no no" in terms of mutation we must let our contiguity be contiguity and our separation separation - whatever is mid these is of the unholy one. We don't want unholy Evolution, that is the point.

Someone with an unholiness about them, can't make intelligent sense. For this we should be depending on God.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I've actually come to the conclusion that what the world wants, is the glory they saw on the cross.

Like there is a scramble in Hell, to be like Jesus, before the suffering starts.

Weird right?

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The important thing is that God gives people this strong delusion (called "Evolution") for a reason and they are always going to pervert that reason. There is no desire in God to trap people who have this belief. What is constructive then, is relating to Jesus in some way - that adds to the emphasis of that belief. It is tricky work, because adherents of Evolution can easily trap you if you are tempted by the idea that we came from monkeys - in some gradual way.

The idea that we came from monkeys is not a powerful one, in the same way that taking the mark of the anti-Christ is not enticing, but it is undertaken anyway, because they would rather live a lie than be accountable to God. What is remarkable is that God is forbearing in so many ways, when what is praise to Him is treated as next to nothing. I think that's where most believers get a little angry! We don't expect everything to go our way, but we certainly hold out for greater praise to give to God - in a word we are "deserving"! It is something that God can reward, that's true, but the mystery in the meantime as to what the reward will be, is hard to wait for.

Maybe what we need to do, in the meantime (before an answer to Evolution is discovered) is learn to be patient and understanding - that would make sense. God can empower any time He likes, but it is a ready heart that He longs to answer. If we simply arrive at a conclusion that is in contrast to Evolution, we have not really won anyone over. It will be far better to understand what it is that Evolution wants, and why and how it can be served. After all, waiting for change to come about is an act of patience - undoubtedly something God can reward, even if He gets very little praise. What if Evolution encouraged people to "multi-task"? Would that be a good thing? Sometimes it feels like talking with Evolutionists is an act of multi-tasking in itself (what do you believe, what do they believe, how do they both change - all questioned at once). You can see it takes thought, at any rate.

If you have any thoughts of your own, to add: please share! I have been inspired by my fellow believers before, I don't doubt it will happen more often as time goes on.

God bless.
You mentioned taking it seriously post 1, then your next post it's a delusion? constructive dialog?

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get that you think there is a degree of relativity, to what you believe God has done. Also I understand that you believe that this world was created for good and evil to be revealed. I think what is lacking is a sense of context, that Evolution will force your hand, if you don't discern in some way, what it is that is most likely to become an example of excellence (for a given species).

I don't want Evolution to force my hand, but I am afraid it will.

At least, Evolution would force my hand, if it were not for God determining above and beyond Evolution what it is that is asked of me.
Man was created from dirt, bible doesn't mention the process how that happened, there is a couple of ways it happened. The third could be a possibility with or without the other processes.

1. instant human
2. from the things that dirt is made from.
3. a parable

Number two seems more logical imo.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

So "Evolution" has become a sort of black box to me - I don't really know what to say to something that is essentially an unpredictable double pendulum; it neither recognises male and female, nor does it predict survivability, for example. But I started to draw on scripture and think "maybe the answer doesn't have to come from me"; as in, I started to think, maybe there is structure in the Bible, that can serve as an answer, to Evolution: that will be far better than anything I could dream up.

One particular scripture, says "in His Name, the Gentiles will trust". I can lay hold of that, as a promise, specifically for "Evolutionist Gentiles" - there will be something that Evolutionists trust of Jesus, that they won't trust anyone else for (I don't know what it is, but it will be something!). For one thing, they can't complain that Jesus is not a "species", because we have the faith (the "Christian" faith); for another thing, it must be said that His Lineage was a Perfect Lineage. Surely that counts for something!

There is a possibility that the answer, to Jesus' contribution to the Gentile gene pool,, will be simply cold - because Jesus doesn't count that love will necessarily survive all that is hurled at it. In other words, people may just prefer "lawlessness" over any "Christian" answer that requires hard work (basically!). I don't even really know what to guess, myself: is it Jesus living or dead, that makes the difference? Is it a warning or a blessing, that Jesus hung on that cross? These are not necessarily important questions (more-so than any other is important) but they are constructive questions - questions that reveal something about the person answering them.

So I am sort of fielding this here, so that you can pick at it and maybe give me some pointers or suggestions,, as to what angle I should take, if at all: is there a better scripture? is the approach blunt enough, to be inclusive but also constructive? You can see from this that I am taking it seriously - one of the insults made against me is that I am not really attempting to learn "Evolution" - but I just wonder if maybe I am trying to use a shield of faith meant for standing opponents (you know in the sense that they say "you can't take it lying down").

Thanks for your help.
Gentiles is non Jewish which the Bible was referring to, Christians are Gentiles.