Scriptures that trinitarians Don't Want You to Know About - #3

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.” (Rev 20:13)

My Story
What is it like to die?

I first learned about death through a Bible Study. After learning the truth about death and that death is the last enemy that will be conquered, I wanted to learn more. Here’s a few scriptures that may give you some Relief and Comfort.

“For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten.” (Ecclesiastes 9:5)

My Catholic upbringing always taught me that hell was an eternal place of torment and inescapable. This religious teaching never sat well with me. I could never figure out why the God of Love would do such a thing.

Then at my Bible Study, I came across this scripture, “hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.” (Rev 20:13) This blew my mind because it connected the dots for me. See, the priests would take money from the parishioners to pray for their dead loved ones, telling us this might get them out of hell. All the while, preaching that hell is ETERNAL. Did they know something I didn’t, I wondered? This was nothing but a ponzi scheme.

Other scriptures that gave me Relief and Comfort is the good news about the Resurrection. “And I have hope toward God, which hope these men also look forward to, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.” (Acts 24:15) I was elated to learn this about my loved ones that have passed in death.

Then Jesus Christ told his followers, “Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice  and come out” (John 5:28)

Reactions: Wrangler

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
See, the priests would take money from the parishioners to pray for their dead loved ones, telling us this might get them out of hell.

That is bare-faced LIE. The Catholic Church has never taught that.

Why do you propagate such lies about the Catholic Church?

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you mean like Purgatory? Money money money and your dead loved ones will stop burning.
Go to this site and the first thing they ask you for is MONEY... Purgatory

Reactions: theQuestioneer

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you mean like Purgatory? Money money money and your dead loved ones will stop burning.
Go to this site and the first thing they ask you for is MONEY... Purgatory
Those are known as, indulgences.

https://www.catholic.com/encyclopedia/indulgences An indulgence is the extra-sacramental remission of the temporal punishment due, in God 's justice, to sin that has been forgiven, which remission is granted by the Church in the exercise of the power of the keys, through the application of the superabundant merits of Christ and of the saints, and for some just and reasonable motive.

Reactions: BroRando

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice answer... so the Church appears to be replacing Christ by casting judgment.

"For the Father judges no one at all, but he has entrusted all the judging to the Son," (John 5:22)

Reactions: theQuestioneer

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Nice answer... so the Church appears to be replacing Christ by casting judgment.

"For the Father judges no one at all, but he has entrusted all the judging to the Son," (John 5:22)

Another error on your part.

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians are referred to as always speaking in "error"- while church-goers deny their own doctrine!

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to Mungo quoting

“And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.” (Rev 20:13)

and

Is Error??

"Moreover, do not call anyone your father on earth, for one is your Father, the heavenly One." Are you now going to claim Jesus Christ was in Error?

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
According to Mungo quoting

and

Is Error??

"Moreover, do not call anyone your father on earth, for one is your Father, the heavenly One." Are you now going to claim Jesus Christ was in Error?

Yes, you are in error.
Have a nice day.

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Moreover said:
Yes, you are in error.
Have a nice day.

In the First Century, the Apostle Peter was writing, "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ" (1 Peter 1:3)

But I don't see you submitting to the teaching of the 1st Pope... then notice how the Apostle Peter was baptizing those who became believers. By stating, "God hath made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom ye crucified." (Acts 2:36)

"And Peter said unto them, Repent ye, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ unto the remission of your sins; and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." (Acts 2:38)

Is that the reason why the church did away with baptizing in the name of Jesus Christ? Because they think The Apostle Peter was in Error to baptize every one in the name of Jesus Christ? ?

The Apostle Peter or the Church? Another Pope admits to changing the baptismal formula. Catholic Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger: He makes this confession as to the origin of the chief Trinity text of Matthew 28:19. “The basic form of our (Matthew 28:19 Trinitarian) profession of faith took shape during the course of the second and third centuries in connection with the ceremony of baptism. So far as its place of origin is concerned, the text (Matthew 28:19) came from the city of Rome.” — Joseph Ratzinger (pope Benedict XVI) Introduction to Christianity: 1968 edition, pp. 82, 83.

The Catholic Encyclopedia, II, page 263: “The baptismal formula was changed from the name of Jesus Christ to the words Father, Son, and Holy Spirit by the Catholic Church in the second century.

Now I know why the Church refuses to Baptize in the Name of Jesus Christ, but that was changed longer before the 13 Century wasn't it? I can only assume you don't believe in the Name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Last edited: