Secession in California

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Money is not evil.
The love of money is evil.
Money can do a lot of good if used wisely.
ah, but see, dollars are not even money though; they are promissory notes
promises to repay a debt. JFK got murdered for attempting to print money, and Lincoln got murdered for the same reason, essentially. Greenbacks were the first thing to go after he went. Real greenbacks, not the fake ones

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
They will try again, and frankly I don't blame them.
Quebec has a totally different culture than the rest of Canada.
Been there many times and love that province.
As far as financially.....they can handle it.
Lots of natural resources and many different industries there.

Did you not read all the financial demands they were making for leaving???
They wanted to leave...but at the expense of the rest of Canada.
But maybe you were too young to remember :p lol

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Money is not evil.
The love of money is evil.
Money can do a lot of good if used wisely.

Tut tut...depends what your definition of "money" is. The Romans used salt. Some use cows or chickens. "Money" MUST have a value.
The paper money has no value at all, it is a con. There is no Gold behind it any more. Paper money be it the English pound, or western dollar..used to have gold behind it.. " Pay the bearer of this not five dollars in gold". Much lighter than caring gold coins. Everyone was happy...it worked while there was gold behind it to back it!!
If every one who held notes went tomorrow to withdraw their dollars in gold ...oh whoops...all the gold has vanished.
There is no gold in Fort Knox it's been gone for years...

Reactions: Truth

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Stranger....thanks for the response. :)
That is what I thought re what I hear and read and experience with democrats .
Just be happy that you are in Texas and not in Western Canada with the evil clown who is destroying our country...it spoiled his day when Trump got in....but he is doing a good job of bringing in total ruin all by himself!!! :(

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember this: Without prosperity there will be no education, medical services, social services, etc etc. Just ask people in countries where there is no prosperity.

So? Prosperity doesn't guarantee an education, medical services, social services, etc. The form of government you live under may be prosperous at the expense of the citizens.

If the education you get is contrary to what you believe, what good is it?

People in countries where there is no prosperity are the product of their own failed beliefs about God, and how they should live in the world. That is why they are all now trying to get to those countries which have a correct view of God and a correct view on how we should live. But they don't change their views. Thus an atheistic liberal left seeks them as voting power. Enlarges their numbers. And the country's, where these immigrant people go to for refuge, they in turn destroy.

Would you sell your son or daughter to the immigrants beliefs and way of living? Your grandson, or granddaughter? That is what people do when they forget what their country is based on and what it cost to get it that way and then they in turn give it away for fear of upsetting the prosperity applecart.

Prosperity means nothing if you can't live your live as you want and as you want for your children to inherit. There is always a cost.

Stranger

Reactions: Helen

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ok, I'm not going further into this.
I have been running my own business since 1976 and doing very well thank you.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But maybe you were too young to remember :p lol

I remember it very well. I'm 72 years old btw.
My age on my profile is wrong and I can't change it.
I love Quebec, I love the people and I love the culture.
If they want to go on their own that's fine to me.
Heck I would support it.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I remember it very well. I'm 72 years old btw.
My age on my profile is wrong and I can't change it.
I love Quebec, I love the people and I love the culture.
If they want to go on their own that's fine to me.
Heck I would support it.

And in the 80's I was so hoping Alberta could split and join Montana.
There was much talk and meetings...but to no avail.
But I must say I was hoping Jean Charest would have made it to PM..I liked him. Pity that he lost it.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hopefully we'r going to Quebec again this summer.
Reminds me a lot of Europe.

Last summer did not get past Saskatchewan.
We have friends in Alberta. Spend time there.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Last summer did not get past Saskatchewan.
We have friends in Alberta. Spend time there.

Poor Saskatchewan...such a boring Province.
Where in Alberta are your friends?
I would probably like Quebec historically...that is one thing I do miss in the West. Having grown up in England until I was 34 , I miss the history, I miss Honeysuckle and the gardens of England...I miss the ocean where we lived...Alberta has it mountains and lakes but I prefer beauty of rolling hills, and ocean. Sigh :oops:

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Busby and Oyen in Alberta.

Actually Saskatchewan is nice if you know where to go.
We spend a week near Foam Lake and Indian Head.
Just north of these two towns is a very nice area worthwhile exploring.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Busby and Oyen in Alberta.

Actually Saskatchewan is nice if you know where to go.
We spend a week near Foam Lake and Indian Head.
Just north of these two towns is a very nice area worthwhile exploring.

Good to know...I've only seen the south...I have heard that the north has lakes and hills.
But, as God chose North Battleford for the awaking wave of the "Latter Rain" revival movement in the 40's...it must be a good place. :)

Reactions: Triumph1300

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems to me a good education teaches us how to think - telling us what to believe is indoctrination. So, ‘what good is education that Is contrary to what you believe’ is a meaningless statement.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Conservatives in California are seeking to divide California into two states. The liberalism of the coastal cities which rule over all of California is tyrannical they said.

I hope they succeed. It is just a matter of time before secession must be allowed, or an all out civil war will occur. The divisions are too great to overcome in this country.

Liberals already resort to killing conservatives in mass shootings. And that is when conservatives are the ones in power. Think what it will be when the liberal atheistic left gets it back.

Stranger

Any state can be divided, by Consent of the States legislature AND Consent of the Congress.

So, it hinges on Consent of said two bodies.

People may want to keep a keen eye on the progress of action between the State and Congress decisions. Be such a decision agreeable to divide; A man could create a flag making business, and might do well, with only having to contend with China being their competition. :(

God Bless,
Taken

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any state can be divided, by Consent of the States legislature AND Consent of the Congress.

So, it hinges on Consent of said two bodies.

People may want to keep a keen eye on the progress of action between the State and Congress decisions. Be such a decision agreeable to divide; A man could create a flag making business, and might do well, with only having to contend with China being their competition. :(

God Bless,
Taken

Really? Any state can be divided? Back in 1860 any state could secede. But the U.S. government wasn't going to let that happen.

No, what it hinges on is how much the people want it. My opinion is that if you don't allow for the separation peacefully, you will experience the separation due to war. I think it is inevitable.

Stranger

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? Any state can be divided? Back in 1860 any state could secede. But the U.S. government wasn't going to let that happen.

No, what it hinges on is how much the people want it. My opinion is that if you don't allow for the separation peacefully, you will experience the separation due to war. I think it is inevitable.

Stranger

It will create new welfare states - white people voting against their own interests and yet, living off the government and failing to see the hypocrisy

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It will create new welfare states - white people voting against their own interests and yet, living off the government and failing to see the hypocrisy

Oh, the white people secede and it creates more welfare states. No kidding. Why? Because the white people arn't supporting the third world peoples any more. What a revelation that is. What would the third world people do without welfare state? All the more reason to secede.

Stranger

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Secession is not the same thing as dividing a State.

Secession is when a State attempts to withdraw from the Unitiy of the Federation.

Dividing of One State, does not mean, inclusion to withdraw from the Unitiy of the Federation. It simply means One State would become divided, and Two "individual" States would become part of the Unitiy of the Federation. Jurisdictional boundardies, would be changed. And Each individual State would have it's own governments, Constitution, laws, Governing powers, citizens, etc.

Yes.

what it hinges on is how much the people want it.

No. It begins with what the People want.
There is no Legal status, until the State Legislature and Congress Agree such division will commence.

My opinion is that if you don't allow for the separation peacefully,

It's not about peacefully, but rather about protocol per the established Law.

The established Law is the US Constitution.
States can have their own Constitutions, which may not supersede the US Constitution.

God Bless,
Taken