Senate passes the same sex marriage protection act...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Frankly this is a useless one ....that can still be challenged before the Supreme Court. My curiousity involves what trash was attached to that legislation? What did this bill cost the American taxpayers that we can't afford?

One thing added was a religious protection amendment ....Can't these people read the Constitution? That is covered already ...Why was there a need for stupidity?

The people on both sides of aisle are simpy useless idiots ....No wonder this country is sliding over a cliff ....

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Frankly this is a useless one ....that can still be challenged before the Supreme Court. My curiousity involves what trash was attached to that legislation?
This is why I started the thread Other Dream Supreme Court Over-Rules?

There are so many now that RvW is gone. I was thinking return God and prayer to the classroom, school events, etc.

EQUAL PROTECTION UNDER THE LAW
Another would be to hold the Federal government accountable for upholding actual federal law, like border security, deportation, etc.

Also rescinding Congress’ exemption of the laws they force in us. They should enjoy the same retirement plans and IRS scrutiny as the rest of us.

There are many others, like the Bill named has to represent the contents but this is a start. Thoughts?
Calling it the "Apple Pie, the Flag & Motherhood" Bill - that no one patriotic can oppose - but its contents are hideous has been a great tool of deception on the American people.

Pork spending is another means by which they perpetrate fraud.

This is why I proposed bills be no more than 1-page long. So, anyone can read it. Bills that are over 2,000-pages long and the leadership calls a vote within hours of the bills release makes a mockery of representative government.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Frankly this is a useless one ....that can still be challenged before the Supreme Court. My curiousity involves what trash was attached to that legislation? What did this bill cost the American taxpayers that we can't afford?

One thing added was a religious protection amendment ....Can't these people read the Constitution? That is covered already ...Why was there a need for stupidity?

The people on both sides of aisle are simpy useless idiots ....No wonder this country is sliding over a cliff ....
More than likely what was attached to it is some kind of legislation that to even speak against it be deemed criminal .
The reason they put the religious protection act in with it
is to sooth others into complying with it thinking they too will have freedom of religoin .
The only freedom of religoin this will protect is those who dont correct sins .
This religoius freedom act itself only protects those who would be all inclusive .
Its a law that is meant to be for the good of all
when in truth its a law that simply will shut down the reminders of truth . ITs not gonna protect
those who would correct . I think folks also forget we were warned that we would have tribulation in this world .
These new laws wont work to the good of true bible believing christains . Cause true christians
dont accept sin being praticed within the church . We know homsexuality is sin
Yet under this law its protected and i bet even to warn against it might be deemed illegal .
Yet under the guise that christains will be protected under the new law they just go with the flow .
When in truth , IT WONT protect the true lambs at all . IT will actually help to convince
even churches to persecute and report anyone in their own congregation who would correct it .
Folks , we must simply cling to Christ , trust not in man nor hope in man . And be prepared
to be persecuted .

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sadly, there is nothing in the constitution that would prohibit same sex marriage or even adult child marriage or even bestiality marriages. And because it is not spelled out, by constitutional mandate the individual states are the ones who decide who can and cannot be married. I( am not saying this is right from a biblical perspective, but from a legal one it is the way it is supposed to work.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Justice Thomas recently said in the past year that the legality of gay marriage could be overturned by the Supreme Court

Both the New York Times and Washington Post published opinion columns on Wednesday warning about the conservative movement’s "ugly uprising" against LGBTQ rights.

The Washington Post's Alyssa Rosenberg feared that conservatives were looking to erase the "more tolerant future" for LGBTQ people in America, while The New York Times’s Charles M. Blow claimed the right was forcing LGBTQ folks into "cultural gay ghettos."

Both columns expressed alarm at the conservative movement’s recent efforts to challenge aspects of the LGBTQ agenda, mentioning the backlash against a new Disney/Pixar movie, Florida's "Don’t’ Say Gay" Bill and conservative opposition to drag queen story hour events for children.

Biden and the dems push that saying drag queens are FUN FUN FUN and kids should be exposed to sexual perversions in their schools.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel reportedly said Wednesday that "drag queens make everything better" and that there should be "a drag queen for every school" during an event in Lansing.

Nessel, who was the first openly gay person elected to statewide office in Michigan, made the comments during a civil rights conference while speaking out against what she describes as efforts to divide Americans, Craig Mauger of The Detroit News reported on Twitter.

Gays encourage sexual depravity as they are evangelizing LGBTQ to little kids

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the protections in this bill, prohibits any state from excercising their laws over a same sex marriage from another state. In other words, that state cannot enforce their own laws over that couple. When Congress does this sort of thing, it invites a law suit constructed to make the case before the Supreme Court. I sometimes wonder if the lobbyists that write these laws intends to stand before the court intentionally ....
Keep in mind .....Congress has removed themselves from making law of any kind. They depend on Lobbyists to do the work for them. It's part of the reason that an Article 5 Constitutional Convention is necessary to reign Congress in and put it back to performing the work orginally intended by the founders. I also support term limits ....do away with the Pelosi, Schumer, McConnell career politicians ...It's past time to clean house ....Too many out of touch fossils roaming the halls of congress ....When the Pharmacy that delivers most of the Prescriptions to Congress, indicated most of the drugs for this crowd were concerning dementia and other age related issues.....house cleaning is the least of the problems in DC .....