Sex Trafficking

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Young women and girls are in GREAT danger from sex trafficking! It is the fastest growing industry in the US! They can disappear in a heartbeat!

Reactions: Taken and TLHKAJ

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Young women and girls are in GREAT danger from sex trafficking! It is the fastest growing industry in the US! They can disappear in a heartbeat!
Yes, it's deplorable and heartbreaking. What do you suggest?

Reactions: mailmandan

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just answer the question, will you? What the heck was the purpose of your OP? It's beginning to sound mindless.
I hope none of your loved ones disappear because you don't understand.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
This is a debate section of the forum, which usually means there is a question somewhere in the OP to bring about a discussion. The OP is more a statement, difficult to know what you want to debate !
Rita
@Rita In the US, the whole question arguably revolves also around whether law enforcement can in some sense or circumstances be 'bought'. Which also revolves around the whole question of gun control versus the ability of people to defend themselves. (I know the debate is rather different from the way things are in Great Britain.)

R

Rita

@Rita In the US, the whole question arguably revolves also around whether law enforcement can in some sense or circumstances be 'bought'. Which also revolves around the whole question of gun control versus the ability of people to defend themselves. (I know the debate is rather different from the way things are in Great Britain.)
Is that what the OP is about then, because I have no idea how you were able to asses that without any details .........If it is about that. Any law enforcement can be corrupt, no matter what country you live in, or whether you have guns or not. We have sex trafficking here........there are loads of people working to stop it, but all the while we have perverted and sick people who only consider there own needs it will continue. .....
Rita

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Is that what the OP is about then, because I have no idea how you were able to asses that without any details .........If it is about that. Any law enforcement can be corrupt, no matter what country you live in, or whether you have guns or not. We have sex trafficking here........there are loads of people working to stop it, but all the while we have perverted and sick people who only consider there own needs it will continue. .....
Rita
I agree with what you say wholeheartedly, @Rita. Very sad indeed.

The context of the OP was the US, particularly.

Just to put things at a practical level also:

In the UK and the US a woman's purse (British: handbag) might well contain exactly the same items: credit cards, lipstick and (just possibly) cigarettes. But in the US, especially in some areas, she might well also have a small gun for self-defence. This is because the whole social and cultural situation in the US is very different from the UK, in some ways: in the UK, statist politicians are in general believed when they say or imply strongly: Trust the police from the cradle to the grave.

This measure of trust may also exist to some varying extent in the US according to the area and state in question, but also there is a very strong tradition of self-reliance and self-defence with weapons: waiting for the police to arrive (something that the UK politicians expect people to practise everywhere) is not as strongly part of the culture in the US.

It is still unusual for women in the UK to practise at a shooting range, for self-defence readiness.

In the US it is less unusual.

This whole wider subject is deeply sad and grievous; but the social and cultural differences between the US and the UK do also come into to the way it is discussed.

R

Rita

Hmm, we have gun clubs and many have firearms, but they have to be licensed and be locked away. Not sure if many women use the fire clubs or not, will have to ask my son in law ( he is a member of a gun club )
We have all kinds of things in our handbags Farouk ( you will be amazed what you might find !!! Lol )
I don’t think as many people trust the police like they use to, especially in built up areas , but I have never had any reason not to trust them......

No, my point was , I don’t understand how you made the link to police and guns, self defence, when the OP just states that sex trafficking is increasing .....no mention of police, no mention of guns, ect........

Are there stories over there that imply that pressure not to carry guns has brought about this issue of sex trafficking,or perhaps that the police are corrupt and part of the problem.......
Rita

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hmm, we have gun clubs and many have firearms, but they have to be licensed and be locked away. Not sure if many women use the fire clubs or not, will have to ask my son in law ( he is a member of a gun club )
We have all kinds of things in our handbags Farouk ( you will be amazed what you might find !!! Lol )
I don’t think as many people trust the police like they use to, especially in built up areas , but I have never had any reason not to trust them......

No, my point was , I don’t understand how you made the link to police and guns, self defence, when the OP just states that sex trafficking is increasing .....no mention of police, no mention of guns, ect........

Are there stories over there that imply that pressure not to carry guns has brought about this issue of sex trafficking,or perhaps that the police are corrupt and part of the problem.......
Rita
Put it this way, @Rita: In the UK, (bleeding heart?) politicians from Conservatives to Labour would basically say to women who wanted to carry a gun in their handbag: "Oh, how could you want to do such a thing! just wait for the police to arrive."

In the US, especially anyone living in places such as Miami or anywhere near the Arizona desert, etc., might be regarded as basically challenged if they said they believed in taking the sort of advice which says: 'Oh, just wait for the police to arrive'.

Such is the culture that, by way of example in a tragic case, a deaf boy delivering papers was told by a home owner that he didn't want a paper and that he had a gun. Naturally the deaf boy didn't hear and continued to approach. So he was shot dead. And the shooter got away with it, such is the self-defence culture in the US.

In the US, especially in some areas, if a man seems too intrusive, a woman can say, Hey Mister, I'm gonna shoot ya, and a couple of seconds later she may well do so, if he doesn't disappear pronto. And plenty of politicians will back her up, as would public opinion very strongly.

Admittedly this is a little wider than the OP expresses explicitly, but the vastly different culture between the UK and the US is relevant to how this horrible, horrible question would be discussed.

R

Rita

Oh yes, I see that part of it Farouk, but I was under the impression that sex trafficking often picked on very young vulnerable girls, and often they are duped into these awful situations by other means, very subtle ones , manipulated into trusting someone who then turns out to be a go between for those who are the making from selling the girls on and often shipping them out illegally to other countries sometimes, or vis a Versace, it happens in other poorer countries and they are shipped in.............what age are girls allowed to have hand guns in the US , also many of the girls are poor in the first place, or left home ect ( which is what add to their vulnerability in the first place - they have needs that can be manipulated and use to coerce them.
Rita

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The purpose of my original post was to generate communication about sex trafficking and how to prevent losing our loved ones.