Should a Christian smoke marijuana?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

McFearless

Nov 16, 2021
Denmark(Copenhagen)
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark
Yes many people do mistake the Dutch and Danish for being one in the same.
My mum is Danish and she has a brother in Denmark so I do still hear about what goes on in Denmark.

I remember my grand mother in her 80's was spat on by a Islamic brat riding by on a push bike as she waited for a bus, lucky for him my grand dad was dead, or he would of killed him.
My grand dad did do buildings for the richest 1% in Islamic County's. he despised them as the most cunning of all creeps you could deal with apart from the wealthy Jews who were cut from the same cloth. he said it was like dealing with someone with rabies.

Denmark's culture has been destroyed by Islam nowadays, most of the Shops have been over run by such people and the good food that the Danish once made is getting harder to get.
I remember the great food that the true Danish people would make over here, but that's nothing like the quality what it once was now, let alone if you can get it.

1. Every culture is changing always.
- Denmark was a pretty undeveloped country after the world war, and we were lucky to have friends across the Atlantic(USA) who helped us with Marshall Help. A very large percentage of our population used to be farmers working in the field, but since technological developed (with the help of you guys) our society changed.

If anyone would blame any country for competing with Danish food, we should blame Americans, Italians, The French, the Japanese, The Thai but not the Germans (they make terrible food). :)

Danish food is doing better than ever in History! I know that old people are always talking about the old days, they always forget how terrible things was.
Today: The World’s 50 Best Restaurants | The List and Awards

Denmark has the two best restaurants in the world we are nr. 1 with Noma (Short for: Nordisk Mad) and we have Geranium on the 2nd place right in our backyard.
We are only 5.500.000 people and we have the best restaurants in the world. The Alchemist (restaurant) couldn’t be a part of many of these competitions because it’s too expensive and have a 3 year waiting list.

Traditional Danish food: Pork in a hundred different ways, potato’s and gravy. We was never a gastronomic country or had a rich food culture before today.
We shouldn’t blame Islam for changing Denmark, we should blame: The internet, USA for helping us develop, technological development world wide (mostly USA again), the fact that we have a gigantic middle class.
Ethnic Danes are usually too rich and well educate to get motivated by the salary earned in a hotdog booth.

Remember: the old generation in Denmark was the ones who just rolled over, when the Germans came. We didn’t even put up a fight. They were also the ones who didn’t want to work with farming and therefore invited polish and Turkish (Muslim) guest workers to Denmark, workers the Danes treated horribly.

I study political science and your claims regarding Danish culture is simply flawed. When Danes were farmers we were largely Christians, when we became rich and cities expanded, people started to worship money. Our cultural change has nothing to do with Islam. It does however has something to do with our wealth and love of money and Denmark’s fall to atheism..

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Aunty Jane

I couldn't quote your post as it was more than a thousand characters, and it wouldn't post so I had to cut out your post, and just post mine unquoted.

I remember that movie Refeer Madness years ago when I was a teen, while I agree with you Aunty Jane as I always do, you always speak the truth and back it up with facts.

Yes Big Pharma will get you on medications they get Doctors to get you on, they even give you free samples given to them by Big Pharma, I know as I am a walking pharmacy because of my ailments, diabetes, anxiety, cholesterol, even though I'm 6'1" and weight about 177 lbs and eat healthy, I still have to take Cholesterol medication because of my diabetes.

I have nothing against the use of medical marijuana if prescribed by a doctor, the legalization of pot as we call here in the US, is not for medicinal use but for getting high, while Big Pharma makes millions on getting people hooked on meds, there are certain medications that are needed that our government has made it hard for legitimate people in pain to obtain, certain levels of pain cannot be eased with marijuana, the pain I was in after surgery would not have been eased with marijuana, they cut bone out of my shoulder, opiates are a necessary evil for people in severe pain, our government has limited the the prescription of that medication, I've heard horror stories of people with cancer having to suffer because they either cut back the dosage or have cut them off their supply, the suffering I went through was some what of a horror story, 15 measly pills after cutting bone out of someone's body is nothing, especially the low dose they gave me.

I had a friend whose mother had bone cancer and they would have to drill into her bones for samples or something like that he explained to me, and they would not prescribe her opiates, that's how bad it's gotten here in the US, I'm all for natural medications, but sometimes you need pharmaceuticals like opiates, and legitimate people in severe or chronic pain shouldn't have to suffer because of dope fiends who abuse the medication, they'll get their fix regardless while the legitimate person in pain suffers, yet they'll legalize marijuana for recreational use, so people can get high, and when they do legalize it it's only at the State level, technically it's still illegal at the Federal level, the Federal Government is the law of the Country and supersedes over State level, I don't really understand how that is, but that how it works in America.

I've had three surgeries in my lifetime, a broken leg, shattered my tibia and Fibula bone on my right leg, that required four surgeries and the whole time during those surgeries I was on some kind of opiate, they had to insert metal rods which my leg wouldn't take to and kept rejecting the metal so they had to withdraw the metal rods and screws, they had me on morphine drip while in the hospital, then switched me to Dilaudid and then Oxycontin I believe 80mg E.R., which they sent me home with a script for, before switching me over to Tramadol a synthetic opiate, I never got hooked, took my meds as prescribed.

I then had another surgery about three years ago where I had Parotid Tumor removed from behind my right jaw and ear, where I was under for about 8 hours, that's how big the tumor had gotten, I was in the hospital overnight being given a dose of Percocet 10/60 which is 10mg Oxycodone and 650mg of Tylenol, every four hours, a month before I even went into surgery I was given three scripts to fill before I went into the hospital for surgery so I could have them ready at home when I got out of the hospital, one was a script of 90 pills of Percocet 10/650 and the other was an antibiotic to prevent infection and another to prevent blood clots, took my meds as prescribed, never got hooked, I doubt it medical marijuana would have relieved the extreme pain I had with those three surgeries, the third surgery, my shoulder surgery, the government had clamped down on the amount of opiate pain pills that could be given to a patient at the current time, which I had on February of this year, I was out of work for two months and suffering, because of the Dope fiend I had to suffer after my supply of low dose 15 pills ran out.

What I'm trying to tell people on here Aunty Jane, is that people will abuse anything if they have those intentions, be it alcohol, prescription drugs and also marijuana, the government should not interfere in a Doctor's choice of medication nor should the pharmacies, if people choose to be irresponsible and abuse their meds then shame on them, but the burden and suffering should not be put on legitimate patients in pain or mental illnesses and the person be made to suffer because of the addict, who will not go to a doctor if he is cut off but will go see his local dope dealer to get his opiates and so forth.

Despite the government cutting down on opiate scripts, the pandemic is still around, heroine addicts are still getting their heroine, most of the times being substituted with Fentanyl, depending on what part of the country you are in, Fentanyl which is deadlier than heroine is more readily available than heroine in landlocked areas of the U.S., here on the East Coast where I'm from they have the ports, that have a steady supply of heroine so it's easier to get than say the Midwest, don't get me wrong there is still Fentanyl on the streets but the addict who knows his dealer can still get the real stuff.

I've tried natural herb medications for sleep,and they never worked, never, my doctor had to put me on Ambien, I suffer from insomnia due to my anxiety and stress, so I can't sleep and had no choice but to be prescribed Ambien, it's the only thing that works, I'm also prescribed tranquilizers for my anxiety, it's so bad, I have no choice or I'd be jumping out of my skin everyday I have to go to work, it's just how I am.

Am I against marijuana for medical use prescribed by a doctor? No. Am I against the legalization of marijuana for recreational purposes? Yes.

Medical marijuana is not something new it's been around for a long time, but the legalization for recreational use is new and people will abuse that too, as they don't have to worry about getting caught with it because it's legal, and from what I heard they have such potent strains being fabricated with a higher percentage of THC, that some people have become psychotic or extremely paranoid to the point they kill themselves.

Opiates are natural too, they are made from the poppy plant, let's legalize that or cocaine that's made from the Coca leaf, we'll be one big Nation of happy drug fiends, getting our fixes when ever we want without worry or repercussions of the law.

Last edited:

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Aunty Jane "for anxiety and depression and especially for epilepsy in children."

Treatment for anxiety? I was always so scared when I smoked it. Nope.
I know people who have mental addictions to pot. Two of them were delivery drivers. We had a customer call and complain that the driver was stoned when he came to her house , and we talked to him and he said he couldn't work without it.
It affects driving as well. I couldn't drive using it.

Suffered major depression for years and hospitalized for it twice (Once for 3 months. I missed Christmas) A pill that increased the serotonin level and some therapy. Pot makes it harder to function. My serotonin pill never did that. Off the ground running ...

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Aunty Jane "for anxiety and depression and especially for epilepsy in children."

Everyone’s response to medication is different. What works for one doesn’t always work for another.
There are strains of cannabis deliberately developed today that are specifically designed for stoners. That is not beneficial for anyone.
My concentration is on the cannabis pharmacies who have experts in the different strains for medical use. Correct dosage too is key to getting the desired results. It’s not a one size fits all medicine.

I know people who have mental addictions to pot.
Cannabis is not physically addictive but can create a psychological dependence. It relieves stress and anxiety in many people and it’s that relief that people cannot live without. I know that many who suffer with PTSD can gain relief from cannabis. It helps them relax enough to sleep without the nightmares.

I am not one to recommend it for recreational use, but when the benefits are demonstrated in an individual, like the Parkinson’s patient or children with epilepsy, we should not let misinformation about this medicine keep it from those who need it. Cancer patients particularly benefit from it. Chemo makes them so ill that many die from malnutrition because, feeling so ill, they refuse food. Cannabis stimulates appetite and allows the patient to keep their weight up. It also helps with pain management. It should be removed from its ‘schedule one’ classification because it has proven to be a very effective medicine and is not addictive.

Suffered major depression for years and hospitalized for it twice (Once for 3 months. I missed Christmas) A pill that increased the serotonin level and some therapy. Pot makes it harder to function. My serotonin pill never did that. Off the ground running ...
I am glad that you got some relief from another natural substance. It’s the artificial chemical drugs that concern me.
My husband suffered from Huntington’s Disease and he was put on a cocktail of drugs which resulted in many trips to the hospital by ambulance because he reacted so badly to many of those medications.
I thank God that his nightmare is over. He is at peace now.

I personally take no drugs at all, only vitamins, and supplements....and I eat healthy. Diet and lack of exercise is what kills more people than anything. Fast food was the worst thing ever invented. And if you look at the risk factors for C19, it’s obesity, lack of essential vitamins like Vitamin D, and zinc....and poor immune system function as a result. It is so sad to me that people are digging a grave with their teeth....:(....and big pharma is fleecing people without giving them real medicine.....ongoing ‘treatments’ for symptom control are not cures. Symptomatic relief is not getting to the cause.

My homeopath is my ‘doctor’. She diagnoses my problem, and gives me real medicine that allows my body to heal itself. My chiropractor keep my bones where they need to be and I function pretty well for an old gal.
I just wish medicinal cannabis was more readily available where I live.....doctors are reluctant to prescribe it because of all the red tape and because of their education that only pharma drugs are medicine. As a drug, cannabis presents very little threat to overall health, unlike alcohol, which is freely available but causes way more damage to health and property than cannabis ever could. Try telling people that they can’t have their other drug of choice....:eek:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Am I against marijuana for medical use prescribed by a doctor? No. Am I against the legalization of marijuana for recreational purposes? Yes.
I agree with that, but no one is going to stop it because so many in high places (excuse the pun) smoke it themselves. This is what makes it all so hypocritical.

Medical marijuana is not something new it's been around for a long time, but the legalization for recreational use is new and people will abuse that too, as they don't have to worry about getting caught with it because it's legal, and from what I heard they have such potent strains being fabricated with a higher percentage of THC, that some people have become psychotic or extremely paranoid to the point they kill themselves.
People will always abuse drugs because these are an ‘escape hatch’ from a world that many find too hard to live in. Most drug addicts are self-medicating depressives. Alcohol is the legal drug of choice and it creates more harm than cannabis ever could. Like other legal drugs, if abused, it destroys the liver.

Opiates are natural too, they are made from the poppy plant, let's legalize that or cocaine that's made from the Coca leaf, we'll be one big Nation of happy drug fiends, getting our fixes when ever we want without worry or repercussions of the law.
Opiates are addictive, cannabis is not. Our endocannabinoid system is designed for this medicine, which has been used by man for thousands of years.
Endocannabinoid System: A Simple Guide to How It Works

Opium and cocaine were used in many medicines in the early days....because they worked.
The stigma attached to the cannabis plant for the last 70 odd years, was created by those who wanted to sell you something that would make them rich. You can’t patent a plant, so they had to take a component and synthesise it in order to patent it. Once they “own” it, they can charge whatever they like for it.

Cannabis only works as a whole plant medicine. All the components work together, which is why smoking it gives relief to so many people. Cannabis oil, made out of the bud is also whole plant medicine.
Do you know about the patent system? Some research on that can be very enlightening....

McFearless

Nov 16, 2021
Denmark(Copenhagen)
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark
And as a general point:
Legalism in Christianity is just as bad as lawlessness.
If you want to get away with something...it's a sin no matter what.
If you pride your christian walk because of some kind of abstinence you have fallen off the path.

I know a church that “tried to get away with” feeding the poor. The government quickly stopped them, since it was illegal to feed the poor.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
1. Every culture is changing always.
- Denmark was a pretty undeveloped country after the world war, and we were lucky to have friends across the Atlantic(USA) who helped us with Marshall Help. A very large percentage of our population used to be farmers working in the field, but since technological developed (with the help of you guys) our society changed.

If anyone would blame any country for competing with Danish food, we should blame Americans, Italians, The French, the Japanese, The Thai but not the Germans (they make terrible food). :)

Danish food is doing better than ever in History! I know that old people are always talking about the old days, they always forget how terrible things was.
Today: The World’s 50 Best Restaurants | The List and Awards

Denmark has the two best restaurants in the world we are nr. 1 with Noma (Short for: Nordisk Mad) and we have Geranium on the 2nd place right in our backyard.
We are only 5.500.000 people and we have the best restaurants in the world. The Alchemist (restaurant) couldn’t be a part of many of these competitions because it’s too expensive and have a 3 year waiting list.

Traditional Danish food: Pork in a hundred different ways, potato’s and gravy. We was never a gastronomic country or had a rich food culture before today.
We shouldn’t blame Islam for changing Denmark, we should blame: The internet, USA for helping us develop, technological development world wide (mostly USA again), the fact that we have a gigantic middle class.
Ethnic Danes are usually too rich and well educate to get motivated by the salary earned in a hotdog booth.

Remember: the old generation in Denmark was the ones who just rolled over, when the Germans came. We didn’t even put up a fight. They were also the ones who didn’t want to work with farming and therefore invited polish and Turkish (Muslim) guest workers to Denmark, workers the Danes treated horribly.

I study political science and your claims regarding Danish culture is simply flawed. When Danes were farmers we were largely Christians, when we became rich and cities expanded, people started to worship money. Our cultural change has nothing to do with Islam. It does however has something to do with our wealth and love of money and Denmark’s fall to atheism..
Hi @McFearless As per the title of the thread, any comments also on the them of marijuana?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

I know people who have mental addictions to pot. Two of them were delivery drivers. We had a customer call and complain that the driver was stoned when he came to her house , and we talked to him and he said he couldn't work without it.
It affects driving as well. I couldn't drive using it.

@Cassanda So it scared you to do it? and so maybe it made it all harder for you to cope with depression?

McFearless

Nov 16, 2021
Denmark(Copenhagen)
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark
Hi @McFearless As per the title of the thread, any comments also on the them of marijuana?

I find it hard to talk to other Christians about many things especially law or things stigmatized by their governments. Some Christians have equated society’s way with God’s way and that makes it really hard to discuss cannabis.
I believe that God created the plant so we may use it and I even believe it’s mentioned in the Bible (kaneh bosem)
Genesis 1:29
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat

I think cannabis is great and I think that God meant for us to use it - it falls under the “herb bearing seeds” category and I think the stigmatization is horrible.
I don’t think there is anything sinful about it. Many Christians are so uptight, maybe they just need to loosen up a little..

Reactions: Aunty Jane

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I find it hard to talk to other Christians about many things especially law or things stigmatized by their governments. Some Christians have equated society’s way with God’s way and that makes it really hard to discuss cannabis.
I believe that God created the plant so we may use it and I even believe it’s mentioned in the Bible (kaneh bosem)
Genesis 1:29
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat

I think cannabis is great and I think that God meant for us to use it - it falls under the “herb bearing seeds” category and I think the stigmatization is horrible.
I don’t think there is anything sinful about it. Many Christians are so uptight, maybe they just need to loosen up a little..
@McFearless So do you prefer to smoke it or use it in tablet form?

Interesting comment about Genesis 1.29.

McFearless

Nov 16, 2021
Denmark(Copenhagen)
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark
@McFearless So do you prefer to smoke it or use it in tablet form?

Interesting comment about Genesis 1.29.

I’ve never tried the tablet form, so I don’t know. I have however baked a cake (when I was 18) and served it to my family (they knew) at a pay per view boxing event at home. It didn’t exactly start the party, I can say that much.

I only use natural cannabis, I don’t want to try the synthetic stuff.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I’ve never tried the tablet form, so I don’t know. I have however baked a cake (when I was 18) and served it to my family (they knew) at a pay per view boxing event at home. It didn’t exactly start the party, I can say that much.

I only use natural cannabis, I don’t want to try the synthetic stuff.
@McFearless So you prefer just to smoke it in pure and natural form, then?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Should a Christian be judging those who do?

McFearless

Nov 16, 2021
Denmark(Copenhagen)
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark
@McFearless So you prefer just to smoke it in pure and natural form, then?
I don’t mind extract or hashish but it has to come directly from the plant. I use roasted (dried) tobacco to help it burn.

I can however advice anyone who is going to try it, to have a soda or juice around. People who accidentally smoke too much, quickly get better if they get easily obtained sugar.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Cassanda So it scared you to do it? and so maybe it made it all harder for you to cope with depression?
It made me paranoid. Not a good medicine for depression.

From WebMD:

"It May Affect Your Mental Health

Not everyone’s experience with marijuana is pleasant. It often can leave you anxious, afraid, or panicked. Using pot may raise your chances for clinical depression or worsen the symptoms of any mental disorders you already have. Scientists aren’t yet sure exactly why. In high doses, it can make you paranoid or lose touch with reality so you hear or see things that aren’t there.'
How Marijuana Affects Your Mind and Body

Might be ok for some, but not everyone

Reactions: Aunty Jane

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I don’t mind extract or hashish but it has to come directly from the plant. I use roasted (dried) tobacco to help it burn.

I can however advice anyone who is going to try it, to have a soda or juice around. People who accidentally smoke too much, quickly get better if they get easily obtained sugar.
@McFearless I see...

Anyway, so you still would recommend that smoking it is the best, most effective way to take it?

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, i never thought it was ok for me. I thought it was gonna be fun, like going out and tying one on...