Should a Christian smoke marijuana?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’d like to know who in history was the first idiot who thought that inhaling burning vegetation is a cool idea - especially given that you have to overcome your body telling you how stupid it thinks it is to inhale the smoke, by making you cough and gag - by forcing yourself to inhale until your lungs give up telling you it’s a bad idea, and you stop coughing and hacking.

I guess they were the first masochist.

I’m also curious how they convinced others it’s a good thing, so that it caught on,

I know that someone will probably say it started as an occult ritual, or some such.
My mother -in law has a old indian recipe book. It has a lot of medicinal remedies in there too.
I forget the name of it.
At the back is a section on tobacco leaf. Before they injected it with insecticieds and poison,
they would smoke it to relieve chest congestion, because it would make you cough and loosen up the phlem.
Whether that's true or not I don't know.
I hardly cough, but when I do... it cleans a lot out.
My eyes, my nose.. everything starts watering and sneezing..
on those rare occasions like swallowing liquid the wrong way, must have gone down the wrong pipe...
hugs

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely NO ONE on this thread is condoning getting high or driving while impaired... yet some chose to bring this up anyways... "sigh"
What comes to mind here is ... WALK a mile in my moccasins....

Until and unless someone is confronted with REAL excruciating physical pain on a constant and daily basis... I don't think their opinion on such matters is worthy to be heard. COMPASSION... MERCY.... is so lacking in the modern day Christian world.... It seems to have been replaced with arrogance and pride.

I made a valid point, and Gods word on getting drunk or high being a sin, is not an OPINION.

The original use of the noxious weed was only to get high, and for the vast majority of users of it, that’s their sole reason for using it - which is the obvious reason that fact comes up every time - just like bringing up the topic of booze always results in talking about drunkenness.

As to pain control, they used alcohol as a pain killer at one time, but God won’t accept a drunkards excuse on judgment day that they used it for pain relief - and the same thing with those who do get high all the time and then use pain relief as their excuse - and that is the point I made.

Shalom Aleichem

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I made a valid point, and Gods word on getting drunk or high being a sin, is not an OPINION.

The original use of the noxious weed was only to get high, and for the vast majority of users of it, that’s their sole reason for using it - which is the obvious reason that fact comes up every time - just like bringing up the topic of booze always results in talking about drunkenness.

As to pain control, they used alcohol as a pain killer at one time, but God won’t accept a drunkards excuse on judgment day that they used it for pain relief - and the same thing with those who do get high all the time and then use pain relief as their excuse - and that is the point I made.

Shalom Aleichem

I'm curious, do you have the same view concering opiates and anti-depressants? Tranquilizers, stuff like that?

Much love!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I was not thinking of you when I made my comment. BUT.... since you have made a comment anyways.

You seem to have a real issue with drunkards... I suspect you would like the prostitutes even less... From my experience of working with street people and addicts... GOD is crazy in love with them... and it is supposed to be our job as CHRISTIANS to shine a bright light of HOPE to them.... THE stories they could tell.. the trauma they have experienced... the intense pain they feel... to the point of despair. NO one has a clue... and NOT many seem to even care.

I used to see the street preachers at the corner yelling HELL and DAMNATION at the 'SINNERS'... It didn't do a thing for me expect repulse and infuriate me.

Guess to each their own.... I do not take any kind of marijuana.... but I am impressed with the science behind this stuff... the strains are amazing. The science is amazing.... That was my POINT.

Last edited:
Reactions: FHII

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My mother -in law has a old indian recipe book. It has a lot of medicinal remedies in there too.
I forget the name of it.
At the back is a section on tobacco leaf. Before they injected it with insecticieds and poison,
they would smoke it to relieve chest congestion, because it would make you cough and loosen up the phlem.
Whether that's true or not I don't know.
I hardly cough, but when I do... it cleans a lot out.
My eyes, my nose.. everything starts watering and sneezing..
on those rare occasions like swallowing liquid the wrong way, must have gone down the wrong pipe...
hugs
have you got pipes zig zig... and with all that coughing, watering and sneezing it’s a good thing you’ve got no teeth otherwise you’d spit them too.

Reactions: Ziggy

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was not thinking of you when I made my comment. BUT.... since you have made a comment anyways.

You seem to have a real issue with drunkards... I suspect you would like the prostitutes even less... From my experience of working with street people and addicts... GOD is crazy in love with them... and it is supposed to be our job as CHRISTIANS to shine a bright light of HOPE to them.... THE stories they could tell.. the trauma they have experienced... the intense pain they feel... to the point of despair. NO one has a clue... and NOT many seem to even care.

I used to see the street preachers at the corner yelling HELL and DAMNATION at the 'SINNERS'... It didn't do a thing for me expect repulse and infuriate me.

Guess to each their own.... I do not take any kind of marijuana.... but I am impressed with the science behind this stuff... the strains are amazing. The science is amazing.... That was my POINT.

No, God, not me, has an issue with any Christian who is a drunk, a thief, an adulterer, a liar, etc, and sends them to hell, warned Paul. 1 Corinthians 6:9-11.

I just let people know the facts.

But since sexual sin or stealing wasn’t the topic, but getting high from a drug - which is exactly like getting drunk - I used the obvious connection of those two drugs for my comments. Duh.

And I doubt that theres much pain relief from maryjane, because certainly CBD oil is a joke - there’s no pain relief from that, it’s all hype.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, God, not me, has an issue with any Christian who is a drunk, a thief, an adulterer, a liar, etc, and sends them to hell, warned Paul. 1 Corinthians 6:9-11.

I just let people know the facts.

But since sexual sin or stealing wasn’t the topic, but getting high from a drug - which is exactly like getting drunk - I used the obvious connection of those two drugs for my comments. Duh.

And I doubt that theres much pain relief from maryjane, because certainly CBD oil is a joke - there’s no pain relief from that, it’s all hype.
Well there you go Curtis... Make yourself a coffee and give yourself a cookie... LOL

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Did you actually get it ??? I did NOT.... and I made a fool of myself by actually including an image of a pair of moccasins... to which he then replied... he was playing with me... Just like a cat does with a mouse... LOL

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Did you actually get it ??? I did NOT.... and I made a fool of myself by actually including an image of a pair of moccasins... to which he then replied... he was playing with me... Just like a cat does with a mouse... LOL

Mocha-sins
Moccasins :p

images

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
:p
Mocha-sins
I don't believe you got it on your own... YOU looked up the answer.... YOU cheater.... YOU ARE a cheater...

And in my defence.... WHO thinks like that before the day has even begun??? Those are 10 am thoughts... not 3 am ones...

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
:p
I don't believe you got it on your own... YOU looked up the answer.... YOU cheater.... YOU ARE a cheater...

And in my defence.... WHO thinks like that before the day has even begun??? Those are 10 am thoughts... not 3 am ones...

I did actually get it, I didn't get it straight away though, I rarely have mochas but I do like them haha

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I did actually get it, I didn't get it straight away though, I rarely have mochas but I do like them haha

Alright alright, I did cheat looking up the spelling of Mocha but that's all. :p

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Alright alright, I did cheat looking up the spelling of Mocha but that's all. :p
Sadly.... I did NOT get it... but I only drink COFFEE... not that designer stuff... He played with me like a cat with a mouse I tell ya!

Speaking of which... huge cat fight just happened.... Man those beasts are loud when they are fighting... FIRST time I have heard that in the 6 years I have lived here.

Edit.... in the spirit of staying on topic... I think one of the cats was HIGH.... There... I am NOW on topic... LOL

Reactions: Josho

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Stated differently, perhaps, so you really do think their testimonies are indeed credible?
I believe that these people have chosen NOT to take narcotics for pain and chosen to take marijuana instead. Of which I have absolutely no opinion on... I tend to live my own life and let others' live theirs... Enough busy body Christians around...

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I believe that these people have chosen NOT to take narcotics for pain and chosen to take marijuana instead. Of which I have absolutely no opinion on... I tend to live my own life and let others' live theirs... Enough busy body Christians around...
@Addy Oh I agree with that! :)