Should a Christian smoke marijuana?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I goes to the kitchen, right? I turns on the kettle and sticks my head out the door. And what do I see? Weed! It seems like every other back yard has weed growing in it!
I look out the window the other day and there's a squirrel laying on the top of the fence, 15 feet from me, and he's just laying there, looking at me. He looked stoned! Don't tell me they like weed, too! Gimme a break!
Yep, that's about right. They finally legalize weed, and the only creature who doesn't like it is me!
I tell ya, it's tough being me! Lol :)
CB - Don't you dare get an emoji with red eyes!

Reactions: amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I goes to the kitchen, right? I turns on the kettle and sticks my head out the door. And what do I see? Weed! It seems like every other back yard has weed growing in it!
I look out the window the other day and there's a squirrel laying on the top of the fence, 15 feet from me, and he's just laying there, looking at me. He looked stoned! Don't tell me they like weed, too! Gimme a break!
Yep, that's about right. They finally legalize weed, and the only creature who doesn't like it is me!
@Truman the Levite So do you buy the pain relief medical usage idea of marijuana, now that's it's widely legalized?

Reactions: Truman

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
PS: Does anyone know whether, like nicotine, marijuana can come in very low doses? because this would all be part of the equation, I guess...

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Later in the day, I looks out across the way, and what do I see laying on top of the fence? A squirrel! He's just laying there, looking fat! You'd think he'd be afraid of hawks! He didn't appear to have a care in the world!
I've noticed lately that the squirrels around here seem to be unusually fat. People have traditionally put out food for them. What are they doing, putting out Twinkies now? Smh!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Later in the day, I looks out across the way, and what do I see laying on top of the fence? A squirrel! He's just laying there, looking fat! You'd think he'd be afraid of hawks! He didn't appear to have a care in the world!
I've noticed lately that the squirrels around here seem to be unusually fat. People have traditionally put out food for them. What are they doing, putting out Twinkies now? Smh!
@Truman the Levite We have squirrels in our backyard; not sure what they have been ingesting, though...

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Low-dose marijuana? You'd have a hard time selling it in my neighborhood!
Nicotine? I hear it makes a good pesticide.
A favorite is called, "Poppers." You mix weed and tobacco together and smoke it in a bong.
I hear these people say things like, "I don't smoke cigarettes," and, "Weed is not a drug, it's an herb."
Sigh!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I would have to say one of the downsides, it's not a matter of if, but when they legalize recreational marijuana in Australia, pot smokers are going to stink up the towns...

Crazy stuff when you consider many people are trying to clean up the environment and get rid of pollution, but then want to allow more smoking, which pollutes the surrounding air.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I would have to say one of the downsides, it's not a matter of if, but when they legalize recreational marijuana in Australia, pot smokers are going to stink up the towns...

Crazy stuff when you consider many people are trying to clean up the environment and get rid of pollution, but then want to allow more smoking, which pollutes the surrounding air.
@Josho: A historian has noted that some people seem capable of wanting to ban smoking but legalize marijuana...

Reactions: Josho and Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I just looked out back and who do I see? Our local bushy-tailed pot-head. This time He's sitting on the fence. Just staring into empty space. I could almost hear his thoughts: "What's hapnin, man?" His tail was a mess!
Then he scratched his face like crazy. I hope someone's not growing poppies! They do say that weed's a gateway drug.
I can see it now: Gangs of squirrels hanging out down by the neighborhood methadone clinic, following the junkies home, and when Jones is noddin' out, they sneak in and swipe his stash!
Squirrels are squirrelly enough, they don't need any help!

Reactions: Josho

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I just looked out back and who do I see? Our local bushy-tailed pot-head. This time He's sitting on the fence. Just staring into empty space. I could almost hear his thoughts: "What's hapnin, man?" His tail was a mess!
Then he scratched his face like crazy. I hope someone's not growing poppies! They do say that weed's a gateway drug.
I can see it now: Gangs of squirrels hanging out down by the neighborhood methadone clinic, following the junkies home, and when Jones is noddin' out, they sneak in and swipe his stash!
Squirrels are squirrelly enough, they don't need any help!
Interesting....@Truman the Levite

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
PS: @Josho Realtors don't like it either when a house they are trying to sell has had cannabis plants growing in the roof....

Reactions: Josho

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
have you got pipes zig zig... and with all that coughing, watering and sneezing it’s a good thing you’ve got no teeth otherwise you’d spit them too.
My dad used to have an old corncob pipe.
I have no idea if it's still hiding among all the hoarding clutter around the property. I suppose it could be, but I'm not interested in looking lol.
I was saying, I hardly cough at all. But when I do, it's explosive lol.
I can spit pretty good even without teeth.
:D
And whistle too
:cool:
Hugs

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My dad used to have an old corncob pipe.
I have no idea if it's still hiding among all the hoarding clutter around the property. I suppose it could be, but I'm not interested in looking lol.
I was saying, I hardly cough at all. But when I do, it's explosive lol.
I can spit pretty good even without teeth.
:D
And whistle too
:cool:
Hugs
@Ziggy Of course, you inhale tobacco, don't you? so do you think there is likely any comparison with doing it with marijuana? or is it likely apples and oranges, in your view?

Taga Chan

Aug 20, 2021
Colombo
www.taga.cc
Faith
Christian
Country
Sri Lanka
What if a follower of Christ has chronic pain and knows they have a weakness for opioids?
Can, or should, a new believer, a recovering Fentanyl addict, use cannabis while they recover?
I maintain that the best drug is no drug, since they all have side effects.
Then there is addictive behavior.

If you take something too much it’s not good. If you take too much sugar, you’ll get diabetic. If you get too much oil, salt, you’ll get sick.

It’s nothing related to your religion.

Same applies to marijuana (but I don’t recommend or promote marijuana).

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
If you take something too much it’s not good. If you take too much sugar, you’ll get diabetic. If you get too much oil, salt, you’ll get sick.

It’s nothing related to your religion.

Same applies to marijuana (but I don’t recommend or promote marijuana).
@Taga Chan So is marijuana readily available in Sri Lanka? I think it has been in some countries for many years; and if so you likely have already made your decision as to whether it would help you or not.

Good point there about moderation.

Reactions: Taga Chan

Taga Chan

Aug 20, 2021
Colombo
www.taga.cc
Faith
Christian
Country
Sri Lanka
@Taga Chan So is marijuana readily available in Sri Lanka? I think it has been in some countries for many years; and if so you likely have already made your decision as to whether it would help you or not.

Good point there about moderation.

Marijuana is illegal to use in Sri Lanka but people are using it secretly. Few decades ago Marijuana was not illegal in Sri Lanka.

Reactions: farouk