Should a Christian smoke marijuana?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is it legal in Denmark? We all wish it was legal in Australia because the rubbish they are trying to peddle through the legal system here is often watered down rubbish, probably peddled to make some quick money. I have a friend who was prescribed legal MC and it doesn't even smell like the real deal. It is utterly useless. Not saying all suppliers do this, but with big pharma in charge, nothing would surprise me. They demonized this plant for almost a century until people started to wake up to its medicinal properties. Now they want to jump on the bandwagon without admitting that they had been lying about it for decades. What a hide!

Not all strains are high in THC so are useful medicinally without making you high. Just the difference it makes to kids with epilepsy is enough to convince me. It can make such a difference to so many people, there is no valid reason to keep classifying as a dangerous drug....yet it remains on that list. So frustrating!
It's the Dutch who have an open attitude to Drugs for many years.

When I say my mum is Danish, the majority of people in Australia think Danish is Dutch. My mum would have a fit to be related to as Dutch, her era do not look up to the Dutch at all and the Dutch attitude to Drugs especially.

But I think that the Dutch can teach the world how to deal with Drugs better than anyone else.

In Australia we have a culture and I believe the USA has much the same attitudes regarding Dope and it's comes from an un informed view point that has been dished up by the Political.

From what I have come across in the 80's is that the Dutch children 16 and upwards were not interested in Drugs at all, Dope was nothing like a taboo subject, that we had and we had a culture were if something was wrong to do it, made many young people want to try smoking Dope ?
We had advertising on TV not to do it and this was the point that I seen so many people got into doing it. before the do not smoke Dope adds on TV the people I knew who did was bugger all and then it boomed right their with the advertising not to. That's a fact.

No one becomes a addict to Dope, it's just some people who have issues or fools who go on to the hard stuff. but I would say around 90 % who smoked dope play with it for a while and then gave it up. just grew out of bothering or maybe once in a blue moon.

But the Dope that people smoke nowadays is not like such was in the 80's at all, this stuff is a bad drug nowadays especially the synthetic rubbish, only a retard takes that crap.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Idk. I think for some people weed can make them more contemplative. I'm not going to condemn anyone for smoking weed if their conscience permits it. But I think it is objectively better (godly) to be without anything that alters the mind.

McFearless

Nov 16, 2021
Denmark(Copenhagen)
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark
Is it legal in Denmark? We all wish it was legal in Australia because the rubbish they are trying to peddle through the legal system here is often watered down rubbish, probably peddled to make some quick money. I have a friend who was prescribed legal MC and it doesn't even smell like the real deal. It is utterly useless. Not saying all suppliers do this, but with big pharma in charge, nothing would surprise me. They demonized this plant for almost a century until people started to wake up to its medicinal properties. Now they want to jump on the bandwagon without admitting that they had been lying about it for decades. What a hide!

Not all strains are high in THC so are useful medicinally without making you high. Just the difference it makes to kids with epilepsy is enough to convince me. It can make such a difference to so many people, there is no valid reason to keep classifying as a dangerous drug....yet it remains on that list. So frustrating!

I would simply advice people to grow it themselves, if the supply is terrible where they live. It’s great not to support the criminal society with money and you get your own stuff, so you always know the effects of the strain used. Australia should be a great place to grow it.
It’s not legal here, but we have Christiania, where the police are trying to close down the market, they have been trying to close it for more than 30 years now, still no success..

McFearless

Nov 16, 2021
Denmark(Copenhagen)
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark
I see nothing wrong in why the Germans wanted the land back, that was stolen from them when they were sold out after WW1.

The borders that were created were done by spastics or Devils, East Prussia was being undermined totally by devils in fact and the UK are guilty of turning a blind eye to all that, not to mention the UK hide the facts and will not bring up the issue because the UK is guilty of playing cunning filthy games with the trash Polish Government, that did not have the peoples interest at heart, be it the Polish people or East Prussia, so clearly they were being manipulated. not to mention the Polish people were discarded by the UK one the UK got their way for war.
W Churchill was only a lap dog for Lord Rothschild, who planed creating the whole War, WC said what the intent of the whole war was all about in 1965 before he died.
Rothschild's dominate over the UK Monarch and the UK Monarch lived in total fear of the power that Lord Rothschild had.
The UK Monarch were threatened by Rothschild and he made a speech to that effect openly, that he cared not for the puppet that sat on the Throne ! and all ! Lord Rothschild had the power to do what ever he wanted to do, Total Power over the world and the USA were his lap doge as well. Because he controls all the Money. So he can destroy who and what ever Nation he wants and manipulate all due to such fear.

If the UK Monarchy had said, off with Lord Rothschild head. they could not of done it and to do so would be the end of the UK Monarch.

Clearly Hitler was also a dog for Lord Rothschild as well, Hitler's sister said he went to the UK before he got into the political Party position, but the UK demand to reject this totally, because it makes total sense that Hitler is in with the plan and fact is that Hitler could never got to the positions that he did, but for a hand up by Rothschild and his crew. They funded the Nazi Party and all and helped build Germany up and empower them for War and then Hitler was the biggest idiot, who was working to try and get as many German killed with the most stupid tactics one could think of.

Hitler did not care about the German people at all, for he wanted them all dead. he said so ! to fight to the very last man and WC said the same trash of the UK people.
And were did Germany and the UK end up, Totally stomped on by Rothschild's, because as WC said, We wanted to win markets ? it's as simple as that. Money and power to dominate over everyone, by playing all for fools.

All the idiots were pitted against one and another ! That's the oldest trick in the book.

Then we have Rothschild's openly claim that the State of Israel is all his baby ! his creation ! That was set in play too win after WW2 and Hitler was the key to it all, as without his part in the game, such a State would not exist today and that's a fact.

Are you being serious?
Rothschild?
I’ve heard that Napoleon Bonaparte never really died and that he was actually abducted by aliens, given eternal life and perfect imitation skills, released back to earth, so he could mimic all the world leaders.
It would surprise most people, that there is only two person’s attending the climate conferences, Napoleon Bonaparte, moving very swiftly between the video frames, making it look as if all the leaders in the world are there, but they’re not. It’s only Napoleon and Greta Thunberg - the rest of the people there is really just Napoleon acting and moving between frames.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It is historically well known, and written of by many spiritual leaders of that era, that the vast majority of people who attended church at all did so for solely social reasons, and remained unconverted. The churches themselves were merely means by which business men could make acquaintance with new customers, the women folk socialize, put on shows of piety to impress their peers. Spirituality itself was in serious declension in the early 19th century, hence the great success of the later 'great spiritual awakening' that affected the whole nation. Therefore 'smoking' by women and men after church was nothing that should be referenced to as a more enlightened attitude that later progressed to be distasteful due to "vogue causes'. At that time smoking was being prescribed by doctors to ward of emphysema and bronchitis. Smoking became less "fashionable' when the true medical impacts became known, firstly by enlightened spiritual leaders to whom the holy Spirit revealed the truth before the medical fraternity woke up.
I agree about the health issue we now know of; but the great preacher Spurgeon smoked; he reckoned it helped his gout condition.

Reactions: michaelvpardo

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I agree about the health issue we now know of; but the great preacher Spurgeon smoked; he reckoned it helped his gout condition.
you have mentioned this before farouk. I guess it's your justification!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But he was wrong. His error didn't justify smoking for anyone else. It didn't even justify smoking for himself, it was nothing more than an opinion to justify his addiction. As I said, his gout would have been quite treatable with a change in diet.
PS and I'm a little concerned that you would use his error and addiction to justify smoking today.

Reactions: LouisWilliams

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
But he was wrong. His error didn't justify smoking for anyone else. It didn't even justify smoking for himself, it was nothing more than an opinion to justify his addiction. As I said, his gout would have been quite treatable with a change in diet.
PS and I'm a little concerned that you would use his error and addiction to justify smoking today.
He lived in a different era and it would be legalism to impose judgmental assessment retrospectively on a great man of God from the 19th century.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Today is my 12th day of being off marijuana. Im 34 years old and to tell everyone the truth weed has destroyed my life. I was a young kid that already had some anxiety and depression. As i reached my teen years i fell into strongholds of smoking weed and a bad lustful habit

But God is much more powerful then our strongholds are. Although Im still battling lust I am growing in that area and I have no desire to smoke weed anymore. I have faith God will finish what he has begun, praise the Lord! I am so grateful that God gave me the persistence to spend time in the word everyday. I prayed that I wouldnt get a seared conscience as these sins were a nightly habit for many years. I was a prisoner to them

I would urge all Christians and non Christians to stay away from marijuana in almost all circumstances with the exceptions of medical conditions like seizures

Unfortunately i think the legalization of recreational marijuana is having a bad effect on society. Sometimes Ill go to the park and Ill see parents smoking weed while they have their young children with them. I smell it often even while im driving. People will say its harmless and non addictive but ask them how they feel when they go a night or a few nights without it. I dont say this to bash them, i have much compassion for anyone who struggles with any type of strong hold or bad habit. I know how difficult it can be

After about 4 or 5 days i felt much better. For quite some time i had a suppressed appetite and i would be cold all the time. I no longer feel that way. Im eating about 2.5 times more now and trying to gain some weight back. Im 5'11 and only 140 pounds right now.

Sober life is great, i enjoy waking up early, praising God and working out. I have wanted to live life this way for a long time. I am very thankful for what God is doing in my life
@JazzyJeff15 Glad that quitting has helped you. I do think that if prayer and Bible study becomes really deeply ingrained as daily habits, there very desire to go back to the former habit can greatly diminish.

Reactions: JazzyJeff15

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Idk. I think for some people weed can make them more contemplative. I'm not going to condemn anyone for smoking weed if their conscience permits it. But I think it is objectively better (godly) to be without anything that alters the mind.
@friend of Godly contemplation relates more to prayer and the Scriptures.

I do think that more could probably be done to enhance marijuana for medical use. There was a video about a young lady who was the Pain Society of Vancouver's first vending machine customer. (Whether she was a bona fide patient, I don't know...)

McFearless

Nov 16, 2021
Denmark(Copenhagen)
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark
Greta Thunberg and Napoleon have in common ? they are both Nuts.

Rothschild's own half of the world's wealth.
Not to mention that Pope Frances regards Lord Rothschild as his superior openly, the Popes god in fact. as such was displayed on TV in front of the world in fact.
Pope Frances has his underlings come to him as he sits in the Chair and they come to him and kiss the ring on his finger in order to show their obedience and devotion to him.
Now Pope Frances did just that on TV to Lord Rothschild.
So Lord Rothschild has Pope Frances as his personal nigger in fact. Frances says what do you want my Master !

Now remember when the Pope was killed before signing off on the agreement with Hitler's Germany, looks like that Pope was not doing as he was told to do and another took his place to sign the agreement.

There is a Order within the RCC that are worldly bastards and they are called Jesuits and Pope Frances is a Jesuit, such is called the Black Pope and this Order should never be let to become a Pope, such has been said for generations is taboo.
But now we have one a Black Pope now, such a one is Carnal, and of this world ? and that is what this Pope plays to that drum. he is an Anti-Christ ! so no wonder he crawls up to Lord Rothschild the Major Bank of the world as his god. such as that are a works based religion, like that of the Jews.
They think that they are going to bring in the Kingdom. The NWO ! The Kingdom of Man ! and his gods, Idols ! They want the Kingdom but they do not want Jesus Christ in it. That's clear.
They have their own Jesus. but he is not the Christ. because they do not want a Christ of Salvation, because to the Carnal such is nonsense, for they lack the Holy Spirit or reject such in fact.

Rothschild says Jump and Pope Frances says how high, Lord Rothschild says just keep jumping till I tell you to stop. not to mention the RCC is not the only Church that plays to the tune of the Rothschild's, all of them do nowadays in fact.

What to do about the zombies?
-I just ask. Will there be a vaccine against zombienism and will zombinism be worse than communism? Who really knows, and would I take it, probably, who really knows? Was Rothschild a communist or was he a capitalist and can one be both?
Is Pope Francis a lizard-people-person?
Just curious, I learned a lot online..

Last edited:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
He lived in a different era and it would be legalism to impose judgmental assessment retrospectively on a great man of God from the 19th century.
You are quite correct, and because we can in hindsight recognize the folly of his ways, we therefore ought to hesitate in using him as an example to follow, or use his behavior as justification for smoking today, whatever his excuse for doing so is that not so?

Reactions: LouisWilliams

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if a follower of Christ has chronic pain and knows they have a weakness for opioids?
Can, or should, a new believer, a recovering Fentanyl addict, use cannabis while they recover?
I maintain that the best drug is no drug, since they all have side effects.
Then there is addictive behavior.
Why did God create Cannabis? Was He trying to make people sin?
People commonly call Cannabis "weed", but its a cultivated plant that does reseed itself, but doesn't easily spread and doesn't readily grow in the midst of other growth as weeds do, so we can safely assert that God saw that it was good in chapter 1 of Genesis. Did God give us all things to enjoy or just some things?
For that matter, why do we have these verses in proverbs:

6 Give strong drink to him who is perishing,
And wine to those who are bitter of heart.
7 Let him drink and forget his poverty,
And remember his misery no more.
Proverbs 31:6-7

Did God extend this grace only to unbelievers and deny it to His church?

I know from first hand experience that there are negative consequences to drug use, yet the vast majority of Christianity uses medications for health problems. If the use of drugs is forbidden (as sorcery) then this must apply to those medications as well. Maybe the Christian scientists have gotten it right, but I don't see liberty in such regulation at all. Do you?

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey if you do something and your peace leaves you, chances are God does not approve of it. That’s how I operate. If I do something bad I feel absolute guilt. That is how Holy Spirit works. His law is written on our hearts.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hey if you do something and your peace leaves you, chances are God does not approve of it. That’s how I operate. If I do something bad I feel absolute guilt. That is how Holy Spirit works. His law is written on our hearts.
@Mantis I appreciate Hebrews 9.14:

"How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?"

Reactions: Mantis

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Mantis I appreciate Hebrews 9.14:

"How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?"
so what are you doing farouk, promoting these dead works?

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why did God create Cannabis? Was He trying to make people sin?
People commonly call Cannabis "weed", but its a cultivated plant that does reseed itself, but doesn't easily spread and doesn't readily grow in the midst of other growth as weeds do, so we can safely assert that God saw that it was good in chapter 1 of Genesis. Did God give us all things to enjoy or just some things?
For that matter, why do we have these verses in proverbs:

6 Give strong drink to him who is perishing,
And wine to those who are bitter of heart.
7 Let him drink and forget his poverty,
And remember his misery no more.
Proverbs 31:6-7

Did God extend this grace only to unbelievers and deny it to His church?

I know from first hand experience that there are negative consequences to drug use, yet the vast majority of Christianity uses medications for health problems. If the use of drugs is forbidden (as sorcery) then this must apply to those medications as well. Maybe the Christian scientists have gotten it right, but I don't see liberty in such regulation at all. Do you?
My point is...only use a drug if you absolutely have to. But if you have to, don't feel condemned. My problem is with misuse...specifically, my past misuse. I am not anti-drug...in fact, I think it's high time we, as a society, started treating addicts better. I'm not suggesting condoning self-abuse, but each person is valuable.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My point is...only use a drug if you absolutely have to. But if you have to, don't feel condemned. My problem is with misuse...specifically, my past misuse. I am not anti-drug...in fact, I think it's high time we, as a society, started treating addicts better. I'm not suggesting condoning self-abuse, but each person is valuable.
@Truman I think the pharmaceuticals - raking in their huge profits - ought to do more to exploit medical benefits of marijuana (although they seemingly have a vested interest in not doing so...)