should christians be members of a political party

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

should christians be members of a political party

• yes, why

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • no, why

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • yes, if it is a christian party, why

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • maybe, why

• don't know, need to think on it, why

• Total voters

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
American Christianity.

Disagrees with Christ, the aposltes, and the apostolic fathers... But atleast it doesn't disagree with America's founding fathers!

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
We don't change things by trying to tell the government what laws to put in. We don't strive with flesh and blood!

If we really lived as the church Jesus Christ came to build, full of love and the Spirit, we would change the world simply by that life. But in North America, we don't, and then we are surprised the world is falling to pieces.

Christ doesn't change the world by laws, that is the most basic thing of spiritual understanding.

Christ changes things by his life in people that is made manifest and that they walk by. I fear that if we do not understand this, we do not know Him, have not experienced him and the powers of the world to come.

Those who believed that they can or could change the system had three hundred years to do it. But instead of it getting better in terms of the U.S being a Godly Nation it is going farther away from that. One cannot impose Godliness on people.....it must be the people's free choice and will otherwise (to borrow from what Jesus said) it is like a white wash tome. It may make some of us feel good but not God……He sees the mind. I believe that the way God is going to cause people in this Country to seek Him is that He is going to take much of His blessings away......He is going to reduce this Nation to a has been.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
This is why. Do you want to waste your time and spin your wheels on a cause that in their case has already been lost? But rather Spend the time building faith in God alone.

Isiah 34
1 Come near, you nations, to hear; And heed, you people! Let the earth hear, and all that is in it, The world and all things that come forth from it.
2 For the indignation of the Lord is against all nations, And His fury against all their armies; He has utterly destroyed them, He has given them over to the slaughter.
3 Also their slain shall be thrown out; Their stench shall rise from their corpses, And the mountains shall be melted with their blood.

No one else will survive what is coming but those with real faith.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
So I guess that Christians should just sit back and let the other religions put their rulers in office and start Sharia Law, worship of Buddha or living sacrifices for the witches..and I guess we should just sit back and let the government decide that God has no place in the world and remove the word from our lips...so if guess we sit back and hide in our little world and wait to go to jail for speaking the name of the Lord, for being on Christian boards, for going to church for reading Christian material....Mercy I will pray for Jesus to come get me before it all happens...Cause it is coming fast...

Amen and Amen, sir.

The prevailing attitude in this thread is cowardice.

Spiritual cowardice. Political cowardice. Abdication of civic responsibility and moral cowardice. Fear and laziness spawned by the gutless attitude that participation in the community is somehow a violation of the mandate of Christ to be mindful of the Almighty in all things. If Christians cannot or will not participate in administration of the world as it now is, then they shall surely not be appointed to minister over anything more important than the city dump in the Kingdom to come. They have buried their talents and those talents will be removed by the Judge of All Things. Strange how all manner of scripture is quoted to support cowardice except this one. It is a spiritual principle that is active today and tomorrow. Beware ye who dwell in couches and lazy boys. The font on my screen may be black, but the tone is yellow.

I am a student of history and can say with all clarity and sincerity and truth that there has never been a greater rush to avoid responsibility by the citizens of any nation in history. America today is inhabited by the children of sodom and Ichabod, both equally determined to deny and avoid the standards of morality and citizenship. If you live here your DUTY is to uphold the law and to enforce good behavior (morality?) and standards of ethics at home, at work, in the neighborhood, in the community and in national government. To do less is to endorse the destruction of our nation. Does anyone care? Not here apparently.

How can one persuade a coward to lose his fear and his attitudes of self preservation that in the end will not save but destroy him? I know not, except to call it what it is......the sin of neglect. It will be judged, not by me but by Him who judges the works of all men (or the lack of works as the case may be..)

but that's just me, hollering from the choir loft....

PS
You can go back to sleep now. Here endeth the rant.

Stan

Jul 19, 2012
Calgary, Alberta, CA.
Like anything in our lives, our involvement in our profession should reflect Jesus. That doesn't mean we try to legislate people's morality, it means we do our best to work well at what God has us involved. Be the best garbage man you can be. Be the best janitor you can be. Be the best congressman you can be. Doing your job well, does NOT mean preaching to people. As God gives you opportunities, take them, but remember to DO your job.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
We are very fortunate in Canada to have a Prime Minister who is Christian. He is also an economist by trade , not a lawyer like most politicians.

It has been a long haul for him but he has turned our country in the right direction.

Strat

Mar 25, 2012
Amen and Amen, sir.

The prevailing attitude in this thread is cowardice.

Spiritual cowardice. Political cowardice. Abdication of civic responsibility and moral cowardice. Fear and laziness spawned by the gutless attitude that participation in the community is somehow a violation of the mandate of Christ to be mindful of the Almighty in all things. If Christians cannot or will not participate in administration of the world as it now is, then they shall surely not be appointed to minister over anything more important than the city dump in the Kingdom to come. They have buried their talents and those talents will be removed by the Judge of All Things. Strange how all manner of scripture is quoted to support cowardice except this one. It is a spiritual principle that is active today and tomorrow. Beware ye who dwell in couches and lazy boys. The font on my screen may be black, but the tone is yellow.

I am a student of history and can say with all clarity and sincerity and truth that there has never been a greater rush to avoid responsibility by the citizens of any nation in history. America today is inhabited by the children of sodom and Ichabod, both equally determined to deny and avoid the standards of morality and citizenship. If you live here your DUTY is to uphold the law and to enforce good behavior (morality?) and standards of ethics at home, at work, in the neighborhood, in the community and in national government. To do less is to endorse the destruction of our nation. Does anyone care? Not here apparently.

How can one persuade a coward to lose his fear and his attitudes of self preservation that in the end will not save but destroy him? I know not, except to call it what it is......the sin of neglect. It will be judged, not by me but by Him who judges the works of all men (or the lack of works as the case may be..)

but that's just me, hollering from the choir loft....

PS
You can go back to sleep now. Here endeth the rant.

You would think they would at least care enough about their children to try and preserve the freedoms and opportunities for their children that they had....i agree,all the high and holy talk is just an excuse for cowardice and laziness....the lofty ones who are just so above it all...it appears we have more to be thankful for from the pagans and unbeleivers.

Brother James

Jun 2, 2008
Melbourne, FL
In my state, you have to declare a party in order to be able to vote in a primary partisan election. In my county, members of one party hold all offices, so if you want to have any say at all in who is elected to local offices and the U.S. House, you have to register as a member of that party. Why would a Christian be obligated not to participate in domocratic processes? Most people who have ever lived had to live under the complete control of an emperor or king or dictator or other tyrant. God has blesses American Christians to live in a place where they are allowed a say in how they are governed? Should they throw that blessing away as if it is nothing?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think being politically active and joining a political party can be mutually exclusive.

mandygirl

Aug 15, 2012
Texas
I definately think Christians need to be concerned about politics as far as pro-life and traditional marriage caindates go. We are republican but the truth is that I'd vote for anybody who is right on those issues and its usually the republican.

Ruth

Jan 26, 2009
I voted no. The US government is not blessed by God. They have turned away from God.

God does ordain governing authorities, that does not mean those in authority will be a blessing to its citizens, they very well may be a punishment to the country they are in authority over.

If you want moral change in the US, it is not through government, but through God's people. Laws do not change peoples hearts toward God, sharing His gospel does this.

Gods children are to help the poor, the sick, the orphans and the widows, to visit those in jail, etc. the US government is not the "church"

The Holy Spirit has told me to come out of this evil system and having nothing to do it with it, other than submitting to its authority when it pertains to civil laws.

Eltanin

Aug 22, 2012
SEMO
It does not require affiliation with a political party to cast a vote. I think it is important to vote, so I register as independent. I have never voted a straight party ticket. There is not a candidate out there that I can agree 100% with, so I have to choose those who I believe are the best out of the options presented...

I think Christians should not be idle in regards to government elections, but I think they should approach it on a personal level, not on the organizational level. Because just like political parties, an organization is not going to hold a 100% representation of most of the members belonging to that organization... At the same time, a larger an organization gets, the less it represents on the individual level... The loudest, most violent, and generally most irrational end up being the voices for the organization. Just as in politics.

Even politicians understand this. In a couple of conversations I have had with a couple different elected officials, they have told me that they will largely disregard an official organizational letter in regards to an issue in lieu or public action. If several individuals within their districts have enough concern in regards to a topic to make a personal, individual effort to voice their concerns to their office, they listen... These politicians value individual opinion much more than they value the opinion of an organization.

When we do not get involved, we are giving the adversary free reign to take over... But that also goes for when we let organizations speak for us... I believe we do our part when we do our own work in regards to our responsibility to our nation.

Strat

Mar 25, 2012
It does not require affiliation with a political party to cast a vote. I think it is important to vote, so I register as independent. I have never voted a straight party ticket. There is not a candidate out there that I can agree 100% with, so I have to choose those who I believe are the best out of the options presented...

I think Christians should not be idle in regards to government elections, but I think they should approach it on a personal level, not on the organizational level. Because just like political parties, an organization is not going to hold a 100% representation of most of the members belonging to that organization... At the same time, a larger an organization gets, the less it represents on the individual level... The loudest, most violent, and generally most irrational end up being the voices for the organization. Just as in politics.

Even politicians understand this. In a couple of conversations I have had with a couple different elected officials, they have told me that they will largely disregard an official organizational letter in regards to an issue in lieu or public action. If several individuals within their districts have enough concern in regards to a topic to make a personal, individual effort to voice their concerns to their office, they listen... These politicians value individual opinion much more than they value the opinion of an organization.

When we do not get involved, we are giving the adversary free reign to take over... But that also goes for when we let organizations speak for us... I believe we do our part when we do our own work in regards to our responsibility to our nation.

I agree in regard to our own repsonsability,however math being the cruel science that is even more so in a nation of some 300,million affiliations are sometimes needed,otherwise it is best to just assume the Manna from heaven veiw of politics..with that said we are in a most miserable state since the large majority of our fellow citizens can only count to two in the realm of politics.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Another quick comment from my perspective ......

The best nations (in my opinion) have had Christian leadership most of the time throughout history. Britain and all its holdings , USA & Canada, Free Europe etc.

The communist countries (atheist leaders) and some middle east (religious leaders) are far from good (my opinion).

In summary , I feel that it is desirable for politicians to have personal christian values ... but not to use the government position as a pulpit or an enforcement tool. More as guidance to make the proper political decisions that are best for the citizens..

Something like that

Vote carefully my friends.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel manipulated by wedge issues and I think political parties thrive on exploiting voters by over blowing the significance of wedge issues.

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
New Hampshire's North Woods

I've registered independent all my voting life. I usually vote for the person and not the party. This time I just can't see voting for the rich and powerful (Romney and his kronie) because republican policy always ends up as "uncontrolled capitalism" and it's what got us into this hole. We always have a recession after 8 years of republicanism.

Ruth

Jan 26, 2009
when you vote you are voting for the party, you are promoting what they stand for. Do you really believe the president works alone, no he submits to his political party (not the people like they are suppose to).

Your vote does not matter. Both parties are under the control of the banks, large corporations, the elite, the UN and Satan.

As Jesus warns His people in Rev. 18, He warns His children again today, get out of the evil government world systems.

Jesus: "Come away from her (Babylon, America, the UN), my people.
Do not take part in her sins,
or you will be punished with her." Rev. 18

surrender only what is do by law, but do not support its wicked ways, and when you cast that vote, you are of the world, not the Spirit.