Should I even ask this? Probably not. Am I going to? Of course :)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
Why do you think God created us?

Looking at this it's a pointless question since no one actually knows for sure, but I can't help myself. I have to ask. :rolleyes:

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be in a selfless relationship with Him and His creation.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
For his glory, the crown jewel of all creation as mirrors of light we reflect the Son.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
snr5557 said:

Looking at this it's a pointless question since no one actually knows for sure, but I can't help myself. I have to ask. :rolleyes:
God does what pleases Him. We were made because we please Him.

My rational thought tells me it's the same reason Adam wanted Even. The same reason Adam and Eve want children. That is the reason God made angels. That is the reason God made us. God wants someone in heaven who is after His own heart without coercion. God wants family!

Quantrill

Nov 29, 2013
Texas
snr5557 said:

Strange presentation. You establish at the first that it is 'pointless'. And that 'no one has the answer or knows'. But you ask.

Why do you assume no one knows?

Quantrill

Reactions: DaDad

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
snr5557 said:

Why wouldn’t anyone know for sure?

It’s simple we are to do God’s Judgements in the earth according to His will expressed in His Commandments to men. God didn’t give us dominion in the earth over all living things in the earth just so we can consume it for our pleasure.

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
Mr.Bride said:
Do you know why God created us?
Of course not, I don't think anyone can truly know, since it's not written in the Bible as the exact reason of why God created us. Unless anyone here can give me a verse with God's reason or reasons.

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
snr5557 said:
Of course not, I don't think anyone can truly know, since it's not written in the Bible as the exact reason of why God created us. Unless anyone here can give me a verse with God's reason or reasons.
You don't know your purpose for living? The whole Bible screams why we're here. I mean look at the way godly people lived throughout the Bible. They are there as examples for us..You don't think we are created to follow Jesus?? To take up your cross and die daily?? Oh there are many verses for you my friend. You just have to accept them...Blessings

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
Mr.Bride said:
You don't know your purpose for living? The whole Bible screams why we're here. I mean look at the way godly people lived throughout the Bible. They are there as examples for us..You don't think we are created to follow Jesus?? To take up your cross and die daily?? Oh there are many verses for you my friend. You just have to accept them...Blessings
Personally, I agree more with KingJ, God created us to create a family, to have companionship with beings like Himself.

From the way I read what you originally said, you think God created us to be His cheerleaders. That He created us so that He would have people constantly praise Him.

I agree that we should praise Him, but that's not our sole reason for existing. He doesn't need our constant praises, He is not insecure in Himself, but He loves that we love Him. And in what family is it wrong to not love and praise those who had created you? So, I believe that God created us to create a family, but...I'm sure you disagree :D

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why does a musician play? Why does an artist paint? Why does an athlete compete? I think it has something to do with God's own self-expression of his power, brilliance, goodness, creativity and love. What we can be sure of is that it is not because God lacked anything or desired something that was missing in him or from him. I do not think it was because he was lacking "family" or was feeling the need to be praised more.

Reactions: River Jordan

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
Oh we ain't cheerleading my friend. We are here to rule and have dominion over the earth like it was in Eden. The same way Jesus walked, that's how we are to walk. To put Christ on display. To have the literal life of Jesus Christ manifested in our mortal bodies. Cheerleaders?? Me and my Father are one...

Present your bodies a living sacrifice...Roman 12:1

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
Wormwood said:
Why does a musician play? Why does an artist paint? Why does an athlete compete? I think it has something to do with God's own self-expression of his power, brilliance, goodness, creativity and love. What we can be sure of is that it is not because God lacked anything or desired something that was missing in him or from him. I do not think it was because he was lacking "family" or was feeling the need to be praised more.
Interesting idea, I hadn't thought of that before...

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with wormwood.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
snr5557 said:
Genesis 2:15 "And the Lord God took the man,and put him into the garden of eden to dress it and to keep it."

It seems God had other things to do so he hired adam to watch the garden while he was away.

Quantrill

Nov 29, 2013
Texas
snr5557 said:
What good would giving you a verse do when you believe the Bibe is a forgery and full of errors. You wouldn't believe any verse given you. So, again, why do you assume no one knows?

Quantrill

Reactions: DaDad

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The old "Penny Catechism" answer was:

"God made me to know him, love him and serve him in this wold and to be happy with him forever in the next."