Sola Scriptura - does this foundation make you a heretic

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just scripture and no Holy Spirit, head knowledge. Just scripture with the Holy Spirit, heart knowledge.
Can anyone love God without the Holy Spirit living in them? How can anyone love God without knowing how much God loves them?

This is directed at any human based agencies. The spirit is given to believers so, unless a believer using scripture alone cannot receive the spirit....

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said:
"Or the one that we are to go to when our brother sins against us. The one that decides if he is to be treated like a pagan or tax collector, just like scripture says to do."

Does the Catholic Church excommunicate now-a-days?
Hi tabletalk,

I don't know. I also don't care. The process of excommunication is between the person and The Church.

I wonder if Protestant Churches have ever or currently excommunicated?

Scripture clearly articulates The Church's the power to excommunicate. When they do excommunicate they do it with the authority that Jesus gave them.

IHS...Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have not

The question you ask is not a reply to the question posed in this thread. Let it be asked again;
IF someone such as myself were to say that my understandings for God, Christ and salvation are entirely founded on "Sola Scriptura" does this mean that in other peoples views I could be considered a heretic?

Then you deny the words of God;
Sola Scriptura
was/is a founding principle for protestant Christians and is found as a principle in scripture itself;
2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

Jesus Christ has come in the flesh

It is a shame that you do not see the will of God in scripture....

Gen 9:5 Besides that, I will demand an accounting for your lifeblood. I will demand an accounting from every living creature; and from each man I will demand an accounting for the life of his brother. Anyone shedding man’s blood, by man will his own blood be shed, for in God’s image He made man.

Genesis 25:22 And the children struggled together within her; and she said, If it be so, why am I thus? And she went to enquire of the Lord. 23 And the Lord said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb...

Psalm 139: Your eyes even saw me as an embryo; All its parts were written in your book Regarding the days when they were formed, Before any of them existed.

“Looking at Old Testament law from a proper cultural and historical context, it is evident that the life of the unborn is put on the same par as a person outside the womb.”
John Jefferson Davis, Abortion and the Christian (Phillipsburg, NJ: Presbyterian & Reformed, 1984), 52.

Exodus 21:22 “If men should struggle with each other and they hurt a pregnant woman and she gives birth prematurely but no fatality results, the offender must pay the damages imposed on him by the husband of the woman; and he must pay it through the judges. But if a fatality does occur, then you must give life for life...

Isaiah 44:24 "Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, and the One who formed you from the womb...

Num 35:29 These things will serve for you as a statute for judgment throughout your generations in all your dwelling places. 30 “‘Whoever kills a person should be put to death as a murderer on the testimony of witnesses; but no one will be put to death on the testimony of just one witness.

Luke 1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost: 42And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb. 43And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? 44For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

Exodus 20:13 Thou shalt not kill.

Psalm 127;3 Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

Your implication that there isn't any reprisal for the taking of the life of an unborn child in the old testament laws is without foundation.

You are from an age far removed from the ancient Hebrew language and understanding and because you do not see your modern delineation of a baby (being defined in the same way as you perceive it) in the biblical record you feel confident in indirectly implying that God had less than human morals.

You're implication denigrates God in an attempt to support the works of men.
Hi,

I don't see in any of those passages you provided that states abortion is a sin or murder. What you quoted talks about LIVING creatures and taking of a LIFE and shedding MANS blood and babies struggling or moving in the womb with the suggestion that it is just an EMBRYO (not even a baby). In fact, scripture tells us when we become alive and obtain our soul. It is when we take our first breath: And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

You should FULLY QOUTE Exodus and read passages 22-24 to put it in context. It says an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth. What did Jesus say about that? “You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. Jesus made the eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth null and void. Therefor Exodus 21:22 is null and void.

Psalm 127 says children are the reward or THE FRUIT of the womb. Children are not unborn babies. A born child is the reward.

None
of your passages say that a baby in the womb is a life with a soul.

I do not think that God has "less than human morals". That is a silly statement. I am only quoting God and God said we became LIVING SOULS when He gave us the breath of life. According to scripture if you aren't breathing you aren't alive and you don't have a soul. Babies in the womb don't breath.

I hope now you can see why sola Scriptura is not a workable theory?

IHS...Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Church is the true body of Christ which I seek. If as you say that I can be saved without belonging to a sect then you admit that I can be saved and never join your sect.

And the answer is "yes"

You can be saved without joining a "sect", however, once you have been given the Truth and you deny that truth you are in danger of hell. I have already given you some of that Truth. Please choose wisely.

I wish I could be you; it would make life easier. Decide what I believe today IS the truth and 3 months from now change my mind and have a new truth and know I am always right. However, since scripture clearly tells us that The Church has the authority to declare The Truth then I will stick with scripture and The Church.

You are very clever. Your "yes" answer is an answer to one of my questions. I actually chuckled a little bit when I read your response. Very cute.

Even though was a clever/cute response your response also shows me you do not care to have as serious conversation so I will move on.

IHS...Mary

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi tabletalk,

I don't know. I also don't care. The process of excommunication is between the person and The Church.

I wonder if Protestant Churches have ever or currently excommunicated?

Scripture clearly articulates The Church's the power to excommunicate. When they do excommunicate they do it with the authority that Jesus gave them.

IHS...Mary

Yes, Protestant Churches do excommunicate.
I think it was Kepha who indicated that there was a change in Canon law in 1983 which essentially stopped the formal excommunication processes in the Catholic Church. I had questioned the anathemas and excommunication decrees in the Second Council of Nicaea and wondered if they were acted upon now-a-days. I think he said no, and anyway they were only directed towards Catholics.
Thanks.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see in any of those passages you provided that states abortion is a sin or murder.

Of course you don't. you want to take a designation of man and assert that God didn't make an application for that designation. You feel empowered by man to disrespect God.

What you quoted talks about LIVING creatures and taking of a LIFE and shedding MANS blood and babies struggling or moving in the womb with the suggestion that it is just an EMBRYO (not even a baby).

What I showed refers to mankind whether they are grown or still considered children born or unborn. The most specific verse of the law that I showed you that deals directly with the unborn living child is;

Exodus 21:22And if men struggle with each other and strike a woman with child so that the child comes forth, yet there is no injury, he shall surely be fined as the woman's husband may demand of him; and he shall pay as the judges decide. But if there is any injury, then you shall appoint as a penalty life for life

It specifies that if the child comes forth without injury then the matter is a simple fine however, if there is an injury of the child then it is an eye for an eye because the same laws apply to all mankind born or unborn. This is where knowing the ancient Hebrew language and social system keeps the intended meaning correct.

In fact, scripture tells us when we become alive and obtain our soul. It is when we take our first breath: And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

In fact, scripture defined when MANKIND became a living soul at the beginning. Note that it does not say "the man" it does in fact say "the Lord God formed man" and such is confirmed when you look at Eves formation because God did not "breath into her nostrils the breath of life" since the life was already in the blood from Adam; Leviticus 17: For the life of the flesh is in the blood

You should FULLY QOUTE Exodus and read passages 22-24 to put it in context. It says an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth. What did Jesus say about that? “You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. Jesus made the eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth null and void. Therefor Exodus 21:22 is null and void.

And you should really understand the context of what Christ is saying in that verse. You are not to resist the one who is evil. If an evil person causes the abortion of a living child in the womb you are not to take vengeance on them because it is written;
Matt 18:19 ...avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
However, if you choose to take the life of an unborn child then you have become the one who is evil and God will have vengeance against you. The penalty for the crime will never go away. All that has changed between OT and NT is defining who the avenger will be.

Psalm 127 says children are the reward or THE FRUIT of the womb. Children are not unborn babies. A born child is the reward. None of your passages say that a baby in the womb is a life with a soul.

The verses below say fairly clearly that children are children whether born or yet to be born
Romans 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
Matt 24:19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
Luke 1:15 ....and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

And since the life given from the beginning is now in the blood then the children are indeed alive and have a soul as we can see in the written record;
Hosea 12:2The LORD hath also a controversy with Judah, and will punish Jacob according to his ways; according to his doings will he recompense him.3 He took his brother by the heel in the womb, and by his strength he had power with God...

As can clearly and easily be discerned in the scripture below the child of Elisabeth which was still in her womb leaped for joy.
Luke 1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost: 42And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb. 43And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? 44For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

Do the not yet living express joy? do the not yet living or the soulless get the Holy Ghost?

Luke 1:15“For he will be great in the sight of the Lord; and he will drink no wine or liquor, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit while yet in his mother’s womb

The veil is thick over your eyes.

I do not think that God has "less than human morals". That is a silly statement. I am only quoting God and God said we became LIVING SOULS when He gave us the breath of life. According to scripture if you aren't breathing you aren't alive and you don't have a soul. Babies in the womb don't breath.
I hope now you can see why sola Scriptura is not a workable theory?

You maybe Quoting God but just as satan quoted God you have twisted the intent and meaning to fit what you want it to mean. There is no scripture that states that the unborn are not alive or soulless but there are those that show just the opposite which is referenced above.
It seems you are also not informed by science on fetal breathing in the womb, not that it really matters since life is in the blood and not in the first breath;

Did you know......that a fetus practices breathing for months before birth?
Fetal breathing movements are episodic and irregular, interspersed with periods of apnea [1], and in humans they become detectable by ultrasound at 10-11 weeks gestation [2, 3]. Fetal breathing movements become more regular and uniform as gestational age increases [4]. Breathing movement frequency increases until the 10 weeks before birth, when periods of apnea increase...

...The first recorded observations of intrauterine breathing movements in a human fetus were made in 1888 by the German doctor von Ahlfeld. He and his student, Weber, used a kymograph to record 'periodic, rhythmic intrauterine fetal movements' that they attributed to breathing motions [8]. Many of their contemporaries dismissed the theory that these were fetal breathing movements because no one had ever visually observed such movements in a fetus. In 1911 another German scientist, Reifferschied, published simultaneous kymograph recordings of fetal breathing movements, maternal respiration, and maternal pulse [8]. He noted that these actions all occurred at different rates. Although the scientific community remained skeptical, his measurements would later prove to be remarkably accurate....

...Fetal breathing movements stretch the lungs and move fluid in and out of the lungs. Mechanical stretch upregulates the release of serotonin via mechano-sensitive channels [12], which promotes differentiation of epithelial cells. Stretch also increases epithelial cell proliferation....
Fetal Breathing Movements - University of South Alabama College of Medicine, Mobile & Gulf Coast, Alabama (AL)

Scaling analysis of paces of fetal breathing, gross-body and extremity movements

....Fetal breathing movements have been thought of as a complex phenomenon with a composite, progressive pattern of development during gestation [15]. The onset of fetal breathing occurs at about 10 weeks of gestation. It has been shown from the observations made over 24 hr that at 24-28 weeks of gestation, fetuses breathe about 14 % of the time [16] and by 34 to 40 weeks breathing increases to about 30% of the time [17]. From 25 to 32 weeks, episodes of shorter breaths decrease and those lasting for more than 30 s increase...
Scaling analysis of paces of fetal breathing, gross-body and extremity movements

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
However, if you choose to take the life of an unborn child then you have become the one who is evil and God will have vengeance against you. The penalty for the crime will never go away.
yikes, what? the consequences will never go away, but the penalty is death, and it will go away when one confesses their sin and rebounds, isn't this right?

I'm assuming that i'm assuming too much here, and you were prolly speaking about someone oblivious of grace or whatever.
All that has changed between OT and NT is defining who the avenger will be.
hmm

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yikes, what? the consequences will never go away, but the penalty is death, and it will go away when one confesses their sin and rebounds, isn't this right?
I'm assuming that i'm assuming too much here, and you were prolly speaking about someone oblivious of grace or whatever. hmm

Why yes you can be forgiven, if you repent of the evil you have done and turn from doing evil but the fact remains that if you do not then God will avenge every evil act that Christ's blood has not covered;

New testament on turning from evil
1 Peter 3:8And finally, being all of one mind, having fellow-feeling, loving as brethren, compassionate, courteous, 9not giving back evil for evil, or railing for railing, and on the contrary, blessing, having known that to this ye were called, that a blessing ye may inherit; 10for ‘he who is willing to love life, and to see good days, let him guard his tongue from evil, and his lips — not to speak guile; 11let him turn aside from evil, and do good, let him seek peace and pursue it; 12because the eyes of the Lord [are] upon the righteous, and His ears — to their supplication, and the face of the Lord [is] upon those doing evil;’

Old testament on turning from evil
Ezekiel 18:20The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
21But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die. 22All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live. 23Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?
24But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die. 25Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal? 26When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die. 27Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive. 28Because he considereth, and turneth away from all his transgressions that he hath committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die. 29Yet saith the house of Israel, The way of the Lord is not equal.

Same message in both covenants.

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course you don't. you want to take a designation of man and assert that God didn't make an application for that designation. You feel empowered by man to disrespect God.

What I showed refers to mankind whether they are grown or still considered children born or unborn. The most specific verse of the law that I showed you that deals directly with the unborn living child is;

Exodus 21:22And if men struggle with each other and strike a woman with child so that the child comes forth, yet there is no injury, he shall surely be fined as the woman's husband may demand of him; and he shall pay as the judges decide. But if there is any injury, then you shall appoint as a penalty life for life

It specifies that if the child comes forth without injury then the matter is a simple fine however, if there is an injury of the child then it is an eye for an eye because the same laws apply to all mankind born or unborn. This is where knowing the ancient Hebrew language and social system keeps the intended meaning correct.

In fact, scripture defined when MANKIND became a living soul at the beginning. Note that it does not say "the man" it does in fact say "the Lord God formed man" and such is confirmed when you look at Eves formation because God did not "breath into her nostrils the breath of life" since the life was already in the blood from Adam; Leviticus 17: For the life of the flesh is in the blood

And you should really understand the context of what Christ is saying in that verse. You are not to resist the one who is evil. If an evil person causes the abortion of a living child in the womb you are not to take vengeance on them because it is written;
Matt 18:19 ...avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
However, if you choose to take the life of an unborn child then you have become the one who is evil and God will have vengeance against you. The penalty for the crime will never go away. All that has changed between OT and NT is defining who the avenger will be.

The verses below say fairly clearly that children are children whether born or yet to be born
Romans 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
Matt 24:19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
Luke 1:15 ....and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

And since the life given from the beginning is now in the blood then the children are indeed alive and have a soul as we can see in the written record;
Hosea 12:2The LORD hath also a controversy with Judah, and will punish Jacob according to his ways; according to his doings will he recompense him.3 He took his brother by the heel in the womb, and by his strength he had power with God...

As can clearly and easily be discerned in the scripture below the child of Elisabeth which was still in her womb leaped for joy.

Do the not yet living express joy? do the not yet living or the soulless get the Holy Ghost?

Luke 1:15“For he will be great in the sight of the Lord; and he will drink no wine or liquor, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit while yet in his mother’s womb

The veil is thick over your eyes.

You maybe Quoting God but just as satan quoted God you have twisted the intent and meaning to fit what you want it to mean. There is no scripture that states that the unborn are not alive or soulless but there are those that show just the opposite which is referenced above.
It seems you are also not informed by science on fetal breathing in the womb, not that it really matters since life is in the blood and not in the first breath;

Did you know......that a fetus practices breathing for months before birth?
Fetal breathing movements are episodic and irregular, interspersed with periods of apnea [1], and in humans they become detectable by ultrasound at 10-11 weeks gestation [2, 3]. Fetal breathing movements become more regular and uniform as gestational age increases [4]. Breathing movement frequency increases until the 10 weeks before birth, when periods of apnea increase...

...The first recorded observations of intrauterine breathing movements in a human fetus were made in 1888 by the German doctor von Ahlfeld. He and his student, Weber, used a kymograph to record 'periodic, rhythmic intrauterine fetal movements' that they attributed to breathing motions [8]. Many of their contemporaries dismissed the theory that these were fetal breathing movements because no one had ever visually observed such movements in a fetus. In 1911 another German scientist, Reifferschied, published simultaneous kymograph recordings of fetal breathing movements, maternal respiration, and maternal pulse [8]. He noted that these actions all occurred at different rates. Although the scientific community remained skeptical, his measurements would later prove to be remarkably accurate....

...Fetal breathing movements stretch the lungs and move fluid in and out of the lungs. Mechanical stretch upregulates the release of serotonin via mechano-sensitive channels [12], which promotes differentiation of epithelial cells. Stretch also increases epithelial cell proliferation....
Fetal Breathing Movements - University of South Alabama College of Medicine, Mobile & Gulf Coast, Alabama (AL)

....Fetal breathing movements have been thought of as a complex phenomenon with a composite, progressive pattern of development during gestation [15]. The onset of fetal breathing occurs at about 10 weeks of gestation. It has been shown from the observations made over 24 hr that at 24-28 weeks of gestation, fetuses breathe about 14 % of the time [16] and by 34 to 40 weeks breathing increases to about 30% of the time [17]. From 25 to 32 weeks, episodes of shorter breaths decrease and those lasting for more than 30 s increase...
Thank you for making my point: Sola Scriptura is not a workable theory.

IHS....Mary

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for making my point: Sola Scriptura is not a workable theory. IHS....Mary

You can deny my response and you can even deny the spirit guided truth revealed by scripture
2 Timothy 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

As I showed scripture has not failed anyone who can discern its message. All that is needed was already given in the apostles time to keep the faithful and the warnings for what to expect when any attempt would be made to add to it;

Colossians 2:6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. 8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Jude 3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. 4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Psalm 19:7 The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple. 8 The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes. 9 The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether. 10 More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb. 11 Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.

As the spirit says what God's people need to;
2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can deny my response and you can even deny the spirit guided truth revealed by scripture
2 Timothy 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

As I showed scripture has not failed anyone who can discern its message. All that is needed was already given in the apostles time to keep the faithful and the warnings for what to expect when any attempt would be made to add to it;

Colossians 2:6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. 8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Jude 3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. 4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Psalm 19:7 The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple. 8 The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes. 9 The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether. 10 More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb. 11 Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.

As the spirit says what God's people need to;
2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
I am not denying anything. I gave you the spirit guided truth revealed in scripture. Accept it or deny it. Your decision.

IHS...Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any time....
whatever happened to you moving on? was it more like a question than a statement? You seem to have some problems with those two concepts
I have moved on. I have given you the truth about the sola Scriptura theory. You can accept it or deny it.

Since there was no question mark at the end of my sentence that means it was a statement. Is that the concept you are talking about? Basic sentence construction? And you suggest I have a problem with a concept? Hmmmm.....I still love you even though you are TRYING to be condescending toward me.

IHS...Mary

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have moved on. I have given you the truth about the sola Scriptura theory. You can accept it or deny it.

and yet here you are still posting.... You have given the opinion of men in direct opposition to the Spirits recorded assertions.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and yet here you are still posting.... You have given the opinion of men in direct opposition to the Spirits recorded assertions.
What I have posted is not a discussion about sola Scriptura. I have moved on. You haven't.

There were three questions in my post (#333). Are you going to answer them?

Curious Mary

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I have posted is not a discussion about sola Scriptura. I have moved on. You haven't.
There were three questions in my post (#333). Are you going to answer them? Curious Mary

your questions are nothing that deal with the OP

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
takes one to know one i guess huh

Indeed had I not begun by error and then been corrected I would not have known however, if one knows the masters voice and changes their ways as Paul did then God will not hold your errors against you. As a son or daughter of God we should expect correction. If you do not get any correction then you should be worried.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
your questions are nothing that deal with the OP
Dear dear KBCid,

You mean kind of like the questions you asked in post #175, 179, 218, 224, 303, 332????

Are you the pot calling the kettle black? A hypocrite? I hope not. So, once again I ask:

Since there was no question mark at the end of my sentence that means it was a statement. Is that the concept you are talking about? Basic sentence construction? And you suggest I have a problem with a concept?

Mary