That's the kjv which I happen to like and read from, but look at the origional Greek in the interlinear which says to each, not every man.
Yes, that's good to bring out, because spiritual gifts aren't given to the unregenerate. So yes, to each.
And just the same, that verse has not been abrogated or qualifed or modified.
1 Corinthians 12:4-14 KJV
4) Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
5) And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
6) And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
7) But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
8) For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
9) To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10) To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
11) But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
12) For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
13) For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
14) For the body is not one member, but many.
Where is the limitation which you express, that the gifts are only given through the laying on of hands, and only by these specific men?
1 Timothy 4:14 KJV
Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.
Here, it's by the laying on of hands by the elders.
Hebrews 2:3-4 KJV
3) How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;
4) God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will
I think that in the place, God reserves the right to give His gifts according to His Own will.