Spiritual Millennialism is not with Satan shut up

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The devil flees from the saints that resist him today. He will be shut up during Christ's earthly reign, so that no man can say the devil made him do it.

Another new one. Thanks.

Christ casts out the lust of the devil from the hearts of His saints today, and so destroys the works of the devil in our lives.

He then seeks to enter back in through temptation.

During Christ's earthly reign, he won't be seeking to do anything on earth.

True. His spiritual kingdom is now here and for men to be within our hearts.

His earthly kingdom with be ruled by His spiritual law and righteous judgment, and no more the carnal law of men's ordinances.

His everlasting spiritual kingdom will also be for them that come to Him by faith at that time, to walk in His paths.

The clear and repeated teaching of Jesus and the New Testament writers may be new to you but they have been there for centuries.

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I've never even heard of a "spiritual millennium." How unscriptural can you be. Must be a Preterist teaching.
Amills believe the millennium is not post second coming (future) for many reasons. We believe it is the current gospel age where people are set free from satans deception and are transferred into the kingdom of light and there is not a thing he can do to overcome it. His activity in all power of deception is restrained now as 2Thess 2 makes clear.

6 And you know what restrains him now [from being revealed]; it is so that he will be revealed at his own [appointed] time.

7 For the mystery of lawlessness [rebellion against divine authority and the coming reign of lawlessness] is already at work; [but it is restrained] only until he who now restrains it is taken out of the way. 8 Then the lawless one [the Antichrist] will be revealed and the Lord Jesus will slay him with the breath of His mouth and bring him to an end by the appearance of His coming.

9 The coming of the [Antichrist, the lawless] one is through the activity of Satan, [attended] with great power [all kinds of counterfeit miracles] and [deceptive] signs and false wonders [all of them lies], 10 and by unlimited seduction to evil and with all the deception of wickedness for those who are perishing, because they did not welcome the love of the truth [of the gospel] so as to be saved [they were spiritually blind, and rejected the truth that would have saved them].

11 Because of this God will send upon them a misleading influence, [an activity of error and deception] so they will believe the lie, 12 in order that all may be judged and condemned who did not believe the truth [about their sin, and the need for salvation through Christ], but instead took pleasure in unrighteousness.

That should help a lot.

Reactions: Spiritual Israelite

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amillennialism does not teach that Satan is literally shut up in a pit and not able to tempt anyone on the earth. We don't take Revelation 20 literally like you do, so we don't believe it's talking about literally binding a spirit being with a literal chain like you do. You should take some time to research what we actually believe so that you don't waste your time making straw man arguments like this.
The chain came from heaven, the same places Satan came from. Neither one are considered of the earth, earthly. Why would the chain from heaven not bind a being from heaven?

You don't think the last 1992 years literally happened? Your time on earth since the Cross is as literal, as any future time on earth. There is literally no indication in the text of Revelation 20, that this all should be over by the time the Second Coming happens.

Would you also argue that the angels bound in Jude were not literally bound, but have been wrecking havoc on earth all this time? Some people have no issues with Revelation and the symbolism found in it. Why would that be an excuse?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Verse 8) The river of life is seen, Rev 22:1-5
In your other post, I showed how this teaching is proven false.

The living waters going out of Jerusalem during Christ's reign on this earth in Zech 14, cannot be the river of water of life in the New Jerusalem of Rev 22.

The living waters on this earth go into two different seas, to heal one of them, the Dead Sea.

There is no sea on the new earth, especially not a 'recreated' dead one in need of healing.

The river of the water of life does not go out of Jerusalem at all, much less into any sea that is not there.

That pure river in Rev 22 proceeds from the throne of God and the Lamb, only into the street of New Jeruslaem.

I am sometimes amazed at how some people completely miss such obvious contradiction of Scripture, in order to teach their own imagination.

In this case, it's no doubt by your habit of being caught up in so much symbolizing of Scripture, that reading their plains words means nothing to you.

You get so sloppy with words of Scriptures, that you openly contradict their plain simple words.

There is no sea on the new earth, nor river of waters going out of New Jerusalem.

The rivers of waters in Zech 14 and Ezek 47 are during Christ's earthly reign only, and are a foreshadowing of even better things to come in the New Jeruslaem.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does it say that Satan is bound from persecuting people?
It does not say he is bound from anything specific, but that he is simply shut up. He is not partially bound.

Scripture then says the will be loosed to do what he does best: deceive nations, which is by temptation and false doctrine

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say his power has not changed? Have you never read this:

Hebrews 2:14 Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil— 15 and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.
Once again, a misreading of my words. I don't think it's by accident, unless it's just not possible for you to accurately speak of what others say.

The devil has not changed, nor what he seeks to do on earth as a roaring lion, and prince and power of the air.

His power is only taken away by them in Christ Jesus, who resist the devil and overcome his temptations to sin against Christ.

The liberty and power will be shut up off the earth during Christ's reign.

It's not now obviously, since he gives power to his beast to deceive the elect and overcome the saints, if possible by their unfaithfulness to Jesus.

No one claims that! You continue to show your ignorance and waste your time making straw man arguments.
You alter his being shut up, into partial shut upment only.

Does what every man is able to do not affect what Satan is able to do to them?
True. There will be no need for it during Christ's earthly reign.
What in the world are you talking about here? You are a child. You continue to misrepresent what I believe over and over again. I do not believe in OSAS. I believe man is responsible to choose to submit to Jesus and surrender their lives to Him, so I don't know where you are getting your nonsense from. Not from me. Must be from your imagination.
My mistake? You don't believe Christians are uncondemned like the world, even if sinning like the world? You know that there is only no condemnation, for them not sinning with the flesh?

That is talking about something that happened long ago. So, do you think that fallen angels have just been literally chained up for a long time without being able to do anything?
Of course. They are reserved for judgment.

You don't take Scripture literally, and so you don't take the words by their literal meaning.

You don't take God at His word, when you only make them symbols and just figures of speech.

So, the difference is that we disagree at times on what is literal and what is symbolic.
True.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've never even heard of a "spiritual millennium." How unscriptural can you be. Must be a Preterist teaching.
It's not a literal thousand years, but is just as fresh after a week, month, year, decade, as day one of being born again, and resurrected spiritually in Christ.

Even as we die to sin with Him, and are raised together in His likeness of righteousness and true holiness.

The old man dies, and the new man is raised in newness of life.

The spiritual millennialism is figurative in actual days unto the end.

The physical millennium is exactly one thousand years to the day.

Which will also be as but one day, for the Lord and His resurrected saints ruling on earth.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not a literal thousand years, but is just as fresh after a week, month, year, decade, as day one of being born again, and resurrected spiritually in Christ.

Even as we die to sin with Him, and are raised together in His likeness of righteousness and true holiness.

The old man dies, and the new man is raised in newness of life.

The spiritual millennialism is figurative in actual days unto the end.

The physical millennium is exactly one thousand years to the day.

Which will also be as but one day, for the Lord and His resurrected saints ruling on earth.
So you believe in both, not just spiritual? That's better than no actual 1000 years.

Reactions: ewq1938

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you believe in both, not just spiritual? That's better than no actual 1000 years.
Yes I do, and it mystifies me as to why some Christians are so ardently against Jesus reigning over His own earth for a thousand years.

What I am seeing is certain Christians that understand the spiritual nature of all Scriptures, but then go on to do away with the natural sense and real events of Scripture.

Declaring there is no millennial physical reign of Christ on earth, while teaching it's spiritual significance today, is no different than declaring the Red Sea did not part, while teaching it's gospel of deliverance today.

In fact, there's much more Scripture about the Lord's physical reign on earth, than there is about the Red Sea parting, or the sun standing still, or the sundial going backward in time.

I mean, it's one thing to disagree over prophecy of Scripture, but certain Christians seem ready to go to war over it. They certainly do throw around plenty of accusations against those that disagree with them.

Since they've obviously put a lot of time and effort into, it may just be simple knowledge pride.

We know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In your other post, I showed how this teaching is proven false.

The living waters going out of Jerusalem during Christ's reign on this earth in Zech 14, cannot be the river of water of life in the New Jerusalem of Rev 22.

The living waters on this earth go into two different seas, to heal one of them, the Dead Sea.

There is no sea on the new earth, especially not a 'recreated' dead one in need of healing.

The river of the water of life does not go out of Jerusalem at all, much less into any sea that is not there.

That pure river in Rev 22 proceeds from the throne of God and the Lamb, only into the street of New Jeruslaem.

I am sometimes amazed at how some people completely miss such obvious contradiction of Scripture, in order to teach their own imagination.

In this case, it's no doubt by your habit of being caught up in so much symbolizing of Scripture, that reading their plains words means nothing to you.

You get so sloppy with words of Scriptures, that you openly contradict their plain simple words.

There is no sea on the new earth, nor river of waters going out of New Jerusalem.

The rivers of waters in Zech 14 and Ezek 47 are during Christ's earthly reign only, and are a foreshadowing of even better things to come in the New Jeruslaem.
The "Sea" seen in Revelation 21:1 isn't literal oceans of water as you "Falsely Claim"

"Sea" represents "Multitudes Of People", there won't be Multitudes of People in the New Heaven and Earth, the wicked are gone, only the righteous "Few" and "Chosen" will be in the NHNE

Does (The Beast) below rise out of a "Sea" of water, like the creature from the black lagoon "No"! He rise from amongst Multitudes of People

You have been clearly shown this biblical truth, will you continue to teach your error?

Jesus Is The Lord

Revelation 21:1KJV
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Revelation 13:1KJV1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Revelation 17:15KJV
15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "Sea" seen in Revelation 21:1 isn't literal oceans of water as you "Falsely Claim"

"Sea" represents "Multitudes Of People", there won't be Multitudes of People in the New Heaven and Earth, the wicked are gone, only the righteous "Few" and "Chosen" will be in the NHNE

So when God says NO SEA he actually means SOME SEA?

Obviously that is wrong. No sea means NO SEA and it is literal.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I do, and it mystifies me as to why some Christians are so ardently against Jesus reigning over His own earth for a thousand years.

What I am seeing is certain Christians that understand the spiritual nature of all Scriptures, but then go on to do away with the natural sense and real events of Scripture.

Declaring there is no millennial physical reign of Christ on earth, while teaching it's spiritual significance today, is no different than declaring the Red Sea did not part, while teaching it's gospel of deliverance today.

In fact, there's much more Scripture about the Lord's physical reign on earth, than there is about the Red Sea parting, or the sun standing still, or the sundial going backward in time.

I mean, it's one thing to disagree over prophecy of Scripture, but certain Christians seem ready to go to war over it. They certainly do throw around plenty of accusations against those that disagree with them.

Since they've obviously put a lot of time and effort into, it may just be simple knowledge pride.

We know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.

Pride, or a religious demonic spirit.

Matthew 7:
19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Hosea 6:1-3 is a great prophecy of a 1000 years per day

Come, and let us return to the Lord;
For He has torn, but He will heal us;
He has stricken, but He will bind us up.
2 After two days He will revive us; (2000 years)
On the third day He will raise us up, (1000 millennium)
That we may live in His sight.
3 Let us know,
Let us pursue the knowledge of the Lord.
His going forth is established as the morning;
He will come to us like the rain,
Like the latter and former rain to the earth.

Last edited:

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pride, or a religious demonic spirit.

Matthew 7:
19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Hosea 6:1-3 is a great prophecy of a 1000 years per day

Come, and let us return to the Lord;
For He has torn, but He will heal us;
He has stricken, but He will bind us up.
2 After two days He will revive us; (2000 years)
On the third day He will raise us up, (1000 millennium)
That we may live in His sight.
3 Let us know,
Let us pursue the knowledge of the Lord.
His going forth is established as the morning;
He will come to us like the rain,
Like the latter and former rain to the earth.
The rest of the chapter doesn't bring good news though:

Hos 6:4 O Ephraim, what shall I do unto thee? O Judah, what shall I do unto thee? for your goodness is as a morning cloud, and as the early dew it goeth away.
Hos 6:5 Therefore have I hewed them by the prophets; I have slain them by the words of my mouth: and thy judgments are as the light that goeth forth.
Hos 6:6 For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.
Hos 6:7 But they like men have transgressed the covenant: there have they dealt treacherously against me.
Hos 6:8 Gilead is a city of them that work iniquity, and is polluted with blood.
Hos 6:9 And as troops of robbers wait for a man, so the company of priests murder in the way by consent: for they commit lewdness.
Hos 6:10 I have seen an horrible thing in the house of Israel: there is the whoredom of Ephraim, Israel is defiled.
Hos 6:11 Also, O Judah, he hath set an harvest for thee, when I returned the captivity of my people.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rest of the chapter doesn't bring good news though:

Hos 6:4 O Ephraim, what shall I do unto thee? O Judah, what shall I do unto thee? for your goodness is as a morning cloud, and as the early dew it goeth away.
Hos 6:5 Therefore have I hewed them by the prophets; I have slain them by the words of my mouth: and thy judgments are as the light that goeth forth.
Hos 6:6 For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.
Hos 6:7 But they like men have transgressed the covenant: there have they dealt treacherously against me.
Hos 6:8 Gilead is a city of them that work iniquity, and is polluted with blood.
Hos 6:9 And as troops of robbers wait for a man, so the company of priests murder in the way by consent: for they commit lewdness.
Hos 6:10 I have seen an horrible thing in the house of Israel: there is the whoredom of Ephraim, Israel is defiled.
Hos 6:11 Also, O Judah, he hath set an harvest for thee, when I returned the captivity of my people.

Don't forget, the Great Tribulation is for Israel to come to repentance and become saved. Romans 11, 2 Thessalonians 2, Revelation 12 and 13.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't forget, the Great Tribulation is for Israel to come to repentance and become saved.

No, it's not for that nor does scripture show that happening. The GT is a war against Christians, Rev 12-13.

Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Randy I know you better than this surly you can’t actually believe that this is a good argument especially in post number two?

I’m sure that you don’t believe that amils think that we can’t be tempted or that we think that we are already in our new resurrected bodies?
Once you read all of what he is saying he does... then make sense. Men's doctrines that try to say Satan is already bound today, and that we are in the 1,000 years period of Rev.20 which is 'symbolic only', are easily proven wrong simply because Scripture shows still today Satan is still loose walking upon the earth, roaring as a lion seeking whom he may devour (1 Peter 5:8). And that means we still have the battle against sin with us.

The Rev.20 events have not yet begun today, is what it means. Satan is still not yet bound.