• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing new under the sun...

The self righteous, become the pious, become the hypocrites...oh, and what Momma said: "Two wrongs don't make a right."

So...who wants to claim responsibility for the 6 out of 7 churches legacy? Who are their fathers? Oh my!

Nonetheless, what is true...and foretold, is that false teachers shall enter into the church causing strong delusion, and what was to come is not what you expect--just as it is written.

Oh, yeah, and three lefts do make a right--but if you are looking the wrong way, you'll never see it coming!

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Pope doesn't want women to be priests, and he says it's fine to pray to Mary instead of to God, so he doesn't sound very sensible to me..:)

As for Paul correcting people, it's our duty to set them straight-
Paul said- "Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth,and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will" (2 Timothy 2:23-26)

a woman cannot be a father!
A priest is a father!

a man cannot be a mother too ya know!

equal in Christ but with different roles!

we pray to God, thru the intersection of Mary our spiritual mother and the saints our spiritual brothers and sisters

Mary all powerful advocate!
Help of Christian’s!

Mary ever virgin, mother of God, is all powerful in her prayers!

Mary’s prayers are all powerful not cos she is God but because her son is God!

and on becoming man He (Jesus) obeyed his own commandments

you might check out the one that says “honor Thy father and mother”

“My hour has not come”

The time set by almighty God for the public ministry of Christ had not come, Jesus Christ still performed the miracle cos his mother interceded, thus a higher law, “honor thy father and mother” if ANYONE else asked it would NOT have been done!
John 2

and cos of her intercession the disciples believed in Him!
Jn 2:11

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
MOTHER

The Most Important Person on earth is a mother. She cannot claim the honor of having built Notre Dame Cathedral. She need not. She has built something more magnificent than any cathedral -a dwelling for an immortal soul, the tiny perfection of her baby's body. . . The angels have not been blessed with such a grace. They cannot share in God's creative miracle to bring new saints to Heaven. Only a human mother can. Mothers are closer to God the Creator than any other creature; God joins forces with mothers in performing this act of creation. .. What on God's good earth is more glorious than this: to be a mother?

Joseph Cardinal Mindszenty

he was persecuted by the communists in Hungary!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
MOTHER

The Most Important Person on earth is a mother. She cannot claim the honor of having built Notre Dame Cathedral. She need not. She has built something more magnificent than any cathedral -a dwelling for an immortal soul, the tiny perfection of her baby's body. . . The angels have not been blessed with such a grace. They cannot share in God's creative miracle to bring new saints to Heaven. Only a human mother can. Mothers are closer to God the Creator than any other creature; God joins forces with mothers in performing this act of creation. .. What on God's good earth is more glorious than this: to be a mother?

Joseph Cardinal Mindszenty

he was persecuted by the communists in Hungary!
Happy belated Mother's Day!

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..we pray to God, thru the intersection of Mary our spiritual mother and the saints our spiritual brothers and sisters..

When the disciples asked Jesus how to pray, he replied-
“This, then, is how you should pray:
“‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name..." (Matthew 6:9)

I don't see any mention of his mum in there..:)

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Happy belated Mother's Day!
The dark agenda would say happy birthing person day . This age has more pro nouns
than the alphabet has numbers and it grows daily . WE must contend for the true faith .
What GOD made us from birth , IS WHAT WE ARE . PEROID and yeah i say PEROID . But anyone
who argues with that , they aint aruging with me who reminded us , BUT WITH GOD WHO DID IT . PEROID .
TIME to go back to bibles .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the disciples asked Jesus how to pray, he replied-
“This, then, is how you should pray:
“‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name..." (Matthew 6:9)

I don't see any mention of his mum in there..:)
Paul said we pray to GOD through Christ . THE CC is deadly and out of great love for all i must warn and will warn all
FLEE HER and learn those bibles well .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does it make sense to you to pray to God through God?
Paul said it first . WE need to read bibles . The SPIRIT . WHO Do we think the SPIRIT TRULY IS .
Paul says the spirit of Christ and he also says the Spirit of GOD and that we do pray to GOD through Christ .
NOT MARY . PEROID . THE CC is of total darkness and may i not only be dead but may i have suffered the worst
torments imanigable to man , LONG BEFORE I TAKE HER CUP INTO MY LIPS and DRINK of her polluted cisterns .
PEROID . Understand that when i say PEROID it means PEROID . I WONT ACCEPT THE DOCTRINE OF THE CC . I WONT
enter into her covenant , into her chambers . IF it makes anyone feel better , i wont enter most protestant places either
cause they SOLD OUT TOO . PEROID . as in END of discussion . I Dont mean to sound harsh , but i love the peoples
and thus i say OPEN BIBLES and read for yourselves and learn that DOCTRINE .

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Paul said it first . WE need to read bibles . The SPIRIT . WHO Do we think the SPIRIT TRULY IS .
Paul says the spirit of Christ and he also says the Spirit of GOD and that we do pray to GOD through Christ .
NOT MARY . PEROID . THE CC is of total darkness and may i not only be dead but may i have suffered the worst
torments imanigable to man , LONG BEFORE I TAKE HER CUP INTO MY LIPS and DRINK of her polluted cisterns .
PEROID . Understand that when i say PEROID it means PEROID . I WONT ACCEPT THE DOCTRINE OF THE CC . I WONT
enter into her covenant , into her chambers . IF it makes anyone feel better , i wont enter most protestant places either
cause they SOLD OUT TOO . PEROID . as in END of discussion . I Dont mean to sound harsh , but i love the peoples
and thus i say OPEN BIBLES and read for yourselves and learn that DOCTRINE .

I deeply appreciate your point about the Bible. It reminded me of an incident which occurred in my life when I was still in my formative years as a Christian.

One Sunday morning our pastor said, as was his custom when he began to deliver his sermon, “If you have your Bible with you this morning, turn with me to …”

I had my Bible with me and turned to the passage of scripture which he was going to be commenting on. As I turned the pages in my Bible I sensed that I was the only person who was. The pastor noticed and paused briefly to allow me time to locate the passage. My wife told me later that the Church was so quiet that just about everyone could hear me turning the pages, and that people were staring at me.

After the service concluded I was approached on the way to the parking lot by a man who was clearly agitated. He angrily asked me, “What’s the matter? Don’t you trust the man?”

I’ve listened to - and delivered - many sermons over the decades which have since passed, and I’ve never forgotten that incident.

“Don’t you trust the man?” continues to echo in the halls of my mind.

Acts 17:10-12 keeps the question in it’s good and proper perspective.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
If you are a Christian it should make perfect sense. Christians pray to God the Father through the Son and by the Holy Spirit.

There is only one God - the one whom the Messiah identifies as “my Father and your Father, my God and your God.”

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I deeply appreciate your point about the Bible. It reminded me of an incident which occurred in my life when I was still in my formative years as a Christian.

One Sunday morning our pastor said, as was his custom when he began to deliver his sermon, “If you have your Bible with you this morning, turn with me to …”

I had my Bible with me and turned to the passage of scripture which he was going to be commenting on. As I turned the pages in my Bible I sensed that I was the only person who was. The pastor noticed and paused briefly to allow me time to locate the passage. My wife told me later that the Church was so quiet that just about everyone could hear me turning the pages, and that people were staring at me.

After the service concluded I was approached on the way to the parking lot by a man who was clearly agitated. He angrily asked me, “What’s the matter? Don’t you trust the man?”

I’ve listened to - and delivered - many sermons over the decades which have since passed, and I’ve never forgotten that incident.

“Don’t you trust the man?” continues to echo in the halls of my mind.

Acts 17:10-12 keeps the question in it’s good and proper perspective.
Its called LET GOD be true and every man a liar . WE TEST ALL THINGS . YES INDEED . AS i would tell anyone
to also test all THINGS I myself would say and teach . YES INDEED , LEARN THOSE BIBLES . LEARN THEM WELL .
LEARN THEM WELL . WE POINT TO JESUS CHRIST and we need to know ITS THE JESUS OF THE BIBLE WE are following .
FOR If its another jesus preached of men , IT AINT and it cant save us .

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
our pastor said, as was his custom when he began to deliver his sermon, “If you have your Bible with you this morning, turn with me to …”
I had my Bible with me and turned to the passage of scripture which he was going to be commenting on. As I turned the pages in my Bible I sensed that I was the only person who was....the Church was so quiet that just about everyone could hear me turning the pages, and that people were staring at me.
After the service concluded I was approached on the way to the parking lot by a man who was clearly agitated. He angrily asked me, “What’s the matter? Don’t you trust the man?”..

The pastor INVITED people to consult their Bibles, so you did nothing wrong..:)
As for the congregation, they were judgemental and I personally would never have gone back there because they were yet another example of a bad church.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
There is only one God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. That is what Christians believe and have believed from the very beginning.

”1. The one God. (a) theos is the most frequent designation of God in the NT. Belief in the one, only and unique God (Matt. 23:9; Rom. 3:30; 1 Cor. 8:4,6; Gal. 3:20; 1 Tim. 2:5; Jas. 2:19) is an established part of Christian tradition. Jesus himself made the fundamental confession of Jud. his own and expressly quoted the Shema (Deut. 6:4-5; see Mk. 12:29-30; cf. Matt. 22:37; Lk. 10:27). This guaranteed continuity between the old and the new covenants. The God whom Christians worship is the God of the fathers (Acts 3:13; 5:30; 22:14), the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (Acts 3:13; 7:32; cf. Matt. 22:32; Mk. 12:26; Lk. 20:37), the God of Israel (Matt. 15:31; Lk. 1:68; Acts 13:17), and the God of Jesus Christ (2 Cor. 1:3; Eph. 1:3; 1Pet. 1:3).”

(New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology, Abridged Edition, p. 244)

There is no God besides the Messiah’s God.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
There is only one God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. That is what Christians believe and have believed from the very beginning.

”Was the transition from the personal monotheism of Israel to the tri-personal theism of Nicaea a legitimate development of Old Testament revelation? Christians affirm that it is, holding that Nicaea represents a fuller unfolding, not a distortion, of the self-disclosure of the God of Israel. Indeed, the trinitarianism of Nicaea and the Christological definitions of Chalcedon are seen as the valid and necessary interpretation of the claims of Jesus Christ in the context of the Old Testament witness to the God who is One. Without Nicaea and Chalcedon, it would not have been possible to maintain that Christianity is a biblical religion, the legitimate daughter of Old Testament Judaism.“

(Harold O. J. Brown, Heresies: Heresy And Orthodoxy In The Church, p. 431)

Dr. Brown - “hard core” trinitarian.

1. He acknowledges a shift from the personal (i.e. unitarian) monotheism of Israel to the trinitarian monotheism of Christianity (Council of Chalcedon). Nothing shocking about that.

2. He calls it “a legitimate development of Old Testament revelation.“ Much can be said about that (and obviously unitarians - and binitarians! - wouldn’t agree with it) but my purpose here is only to present the case which he makes that there was development in the doctrine over several centuries in post-biblical times.

3. He insists on Nicaea and the definitions of Chalcedon as not only valid but necessary interpretations. They weren’t valid and necessary interpretations prior to Nicaea (325 AD) and Chalcedon (451 AD) - what about Christians who lived before the 4th century (Council of Nicaea) and the 5th century (Council of Chalcedon) and knew nothing of them? But again, my purpose here is only to present the case that a lengthy period of development of the doctrine occurred.

4. He says without Nicaea and Chalcedon it would not have been possible to maintain that Christianity is a biblical religion. That’s unconvincing. Christianity began as a sect of Judaism in the 1st century. No Christian living in the centuries prior to Nicaea and Chalcedon had any problem claiming Christianity is a biblical religion. Even so, and even here, he tacitly acknowledges that the doctrine of the Trinity developed over time in the claim that trinitarianism is the legitimate daughter of Old Testament Judaism - which wasn’t trinitarian.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
”Was the transition from the personal monotheism of Israel to the tri-personal theism of Nicaea a legitimate development of Old Testament revelation? Christians affirm that it is, holding that Nicaea represents a fuller unfolding, not a distortion, of the self-disclosure of the God of Israel. Indeed, the trinitarianism of Nicaea and the Christological definitions of Chalcedon are seen as the valid and necessary interpretation of the claims of Jesus Christ in the context of the Old Testament witness to the God who is One. Without Nicaea and Chalcedon, it would not have been possible to maintain that Christianity is a biblical religion, the legitimate daughter of Old Testament Judaism.“

(Harold O. J. Brown, Heresies: Heresy And Orthodoxy In The Church, p. 431)

Dr. Brown - “hard core” trinitarian.

1. He acknowledges a shift from the personal (i.e. unitarian) monotheism of Israel to the trinitarian monotheism of Christianity (Council of Chalcedon). Nothing shocking about that.

2. He calls it “a legitimate development of Old Testament revelation.“ Much can be said about that (and obviously unitarians - and binitarians! - wouldn’t agree with it) but my purpose here is only to present the case which he makes that there was development in the doctrine over several centuries in post-biblical times.

3. He insists on Nicaea and the definitions of Chalcedon as not only valid but necessary interpretations. They weren’t valid and necessary interpretations prior to Nicaea (325 AD) and Chalcedon (451 AD) - what about Christians who lived before the 4th century (Council of Nicaea) and the 5th century (Council of Chalcedon) and knew nothing of them? But again, my purpose here is only to present the case that a lengthy period of development of the doctrine occurred.

4. He says without Nicaea and Chalcedon it would not have been possible to maintain that Christianity is a biblical religion. That’s unconvincing. Christianity began as a sect of Judaism in the 1st century. No Christian living in the centuries prior to Nicaea and Chalcedon had any problem claiming Christianity is a biblical religion. Even so, and even here, he tacitly acknowledges that the doctrine of the Trinity developed over time in the claim that trinitarianism is the legitimate daughter of Old Testament Judaism - which wasn’t trinitarian.
Sadly, your necessary development of the trinity formula also included the slaughter of millions of Christians in the Gothic, Heruli, Vandal, and Visigoth nations who were, at least according to their enemies, Arian. It is doubtful that those conciliar declarations would have survived had it not been with the help of imperial armies, particularly those of Justinian.

Reactions: Matthias

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Sadly, your necessary development of the trinity formula also included the slaughter of millions of Christians in the Gothic, Heruli, Vandal, and Visigoth nations who were, at least according to their enemies, Arian. It is doubtful that those conciliar declarations would have survived had it not been with the help of imperial armies, particularly those of Justinian.

I like your point but, just to be clear, it’s not my necessary development. It’s “their” necessary development. I’m not a trinitarian.

The trinitarian author asserts that it is a legitimate development. I assert that it is not a legitimate development. That makes me, in the eyes of the trinitarian author, as well as in the eyes of the historical orthodox trinitarianism he represents and zealously defends, a heretic.

Reactions: amadeus