• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you've been taught by your men that they do.

What did God say about us trying to communicate with dead people?

Much love!
THEY will try and say That all the saints are still alive . WHICH IS TRUE .
HOWEVER we dont pray to the living people or to those who are gone . WE PRAY TO GOD ALONE in JESUS NAME .
ALL else is blasphemous and the end will be the second death . I keep it very real my friend . cause blasphemy
is blasphemy .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, but it's still necromancy. Totally forbidden! And to really spice up the discussion, let's look at Why Necromancy is forbidden.

Much love!
Oh i fully agree . Yes indeed my friend . EVEN SAMUEL REBUKED Saul for having him raised from the dead .
Saul was doing what the catholics do .
Cost saul his life too . Read kings and also chronicles . IT says real clearly in one of them
that saul also died due to what he did concering samuel . YET catholics say , OH PRAY ON to angels to mary to saints .
THEY have been beguiled of their reward . ITS that serious . I will warn against their wicked doctrines
and all wicked doctrines . That place is deadly dangerous , and now it looks like we have a foot race
between the CC and the protestant realm to see who can do more evil . SO many are tanking fast my friend .
WE must stay in bibles and be in prayer . Always learning the things of our LORD and always
testing all things any one does teach against the ROCK SOLID TRUTH in SCRIPTURES .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Derision that the KJV used the word "unicorn" to translate the word that means "one horned"? As if there were no such thing as an animal with a single horn?

IDK . . .

Much love!

Right. I didn’t know ‘unicorns’ were a mysterious creature.
I think the “horse” having a horn, and then not was an early confusion of trying to describe a large hairy animal with a single horn in “comparing” its stature to the size of a horse, rather than it being a horse.

Reactions: marks

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the “horse” having a horn, and then not was an early confusion of trying to describe a large hairy animal with a single horn in “comparing” its stature to the size of a horse, rather than it being a horse.
Stay planted in the bible my friend . And allow me a real friendly reminder , NEVER RUN TO THE CC or any other
place that teaches deadly and false doctrines . Course i might be singing to the ol choir with that reminder .

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And you've been taught by your men that they do.

What did God say about us trying to communicate with dead people?

Much love!
You assert a straw man fallacy. Asking those in heaven to intercede on our behalf is not the same as communicating with dead people. Your men taught you that. It's no different from asking a brother to pray for you. Intercession is not necromancy. If you are going to challenge the doctrine of the communion of Saints, do it on scriptural grounds, and leave out 16th century politics.

Catechism of the Catholic Church
2116 All forms of divination are to be rejected: recourse to Satan or demons, conjuring up the dead or other practices falsely supposed to "unveil" the future.48 Consulting horoscopes, astrology, palm reading, interpretation of omens and lots, the phenomena of clairvoyance, and recourse to mediums all conceal a desire for power over time, history, and, in the last analysis, other human beings, as well as a wish to conciliate hidden powers. They contradict the honor, respect, and loving fear that we owe to God alone.

2117 All practices of magic or sorcery, by which one attempts to tame occult powers, so as to place them at one's service and have a supernatural power over others - even if this were for the sake of restoring their health - are gravely contrary to the virtue of religion. These practices are even more to be condemned when accompanied by the intention of harming someone, or when they have recourse to the intervention of demons. Wearing charms is also reprehensible. Spiritism often implies divination or magical practices; the Church for her part warns the faithful against it. Recourse to so-called traditional cures does not justify either the invocation of evil powers or the exploitation of another's credulity.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stay planted in the bible my friend . And allow me a real friendly reminder , NEVER RUN TO THE CC or any other
place that teaches deadly and false doctrines . Course i might be singing to the ol choir with that reminder .

Scripture says test. It was painful testing Catholic Catechism doctrine and it’s disturbing results. No need to repeat and waste more time that can be Spent in Scripture.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
“…whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.” (Romans 15:4)

There nothing more to talk about here.
Not as long as you keep repeating the same errors. The Scriptures in Romans 15:4 refers to the OLD TESTAMENT, unless you want to argue that Paul was reading from the New Testament (that did not exist for 3+ centuries.) Sorry, the OT and the LAW are not the sole rule of faith.

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s bizarre.

I read the Bible 3-4 times a year and still see no justification for most of what the Roman Catholic Church does and teaches.

It all looks like a circus to me…
That's because you are biased by generations of belief supported by protest and an approach to truth inherently biased by a need to avoid it.

Reactions: Illuminator

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THEY will try and say That all the saints are still alive . WHICH IS TRUE .
HOWEVER we dont pray to the living people or to those who are gone . WE PRAY TO GOD ALONE in JESUS NAME .
ALL else is blasphemous and the end will be the second death . I keep it very real my friend . cause blasphemy
is blasphemy .
Belief founded on ignorance. There are two spiritual communities. One is Holy the other is evil. They are distinct in behavior and character. Because you are ignorant of those distinctions you project your ignorance onto me.

Reactions: Illuminator

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You assert a straw man fallacy. Asking those in heaven to intercede on our behalf is not the same as communicating with dead people.
Of course it is. These are not people still here, with us, are they? They've died, passed, you know. And you want to speak to them. And because you doubt your own relationship with God. I suggest that in Christ we commune with God and you have no need of some other intercessor, Christ is our only Mediator, our only intercessor.

Much love!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Unicorns are fictitious animals. Of course, if you go by the antiquated Englyshe of the KJV, it means something different, which is my point. The KJV is written in a dead language that is very often misinterpreted, intentionally or not.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unicorns are fictitious animals. Of course, if you go by the antiquated Englyshe of the KJV, it means something different, which is my point. The KJV is written in a dead language that is very often misinterpreted, intentionally or not.

Yo dude catch ur drift. But like uh I’m sayin yu know, I’m cool whif da ole mans lingo.

A single horn on a horse is fictitious.

A single horn on a large four legged ox is Scriptural.

Ex. 21:
[28] If an ox gore a man or a woman, that they die: then the ox shall be surely stoned, and his flesh shall not be eaten; but the owner of the ox shall be quit.
[29] But if the ox were wont to push with his horn in time past, and it hath been testified to his owner, and he hath not kept him in, but that he hath killed a man or a woman; the ox shall be stoned, and his owner also shall be put to death.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yo dude catch ur drift. But like uh I’m sayin yu know, I’m cool whif da ole mans lingo.

A single horn on a horse is fictitious.

A single horn on a large four legged ox is Scriptural.

Ex. 21:
[28] If an ox gore a man or a woman, that they die: then the ox shall be surely stoned, and his flesh shall not be eaten; but the owner of the ox shall be quit.
[29] But if the ox were wont to push with his horn in time past, and it hath been testified to his owner, and he hath not kept him in, but that he hath killed a man or a woman; the ox shall be stoned, and his owner also shall be put to death.

This is also an example of problems with the KJV. This doesn't say that the ox had one horn, any more than if I say I push you with my hand it means that I have one hand!

Here is a much clearer translation from an excellent modern translation: “If an ox gores a man or a woman so that either dies, then the ox must surely be stoned and its flesh must not be eaten, but the owner of the ox will be acquitted. But if the ox had the habit of goring, and its owner was warned but he did not take the necessary precautions, and then it killed a man or a woman, the ox must be stoned and the man must be put to death."

The meaning is obvious. It doesn't imply that the ox had one horn. A single horn on a large four legged ox is not Scriptural. It's nonsense.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is also an example of problems with the KJV. This doesn't say that the ox had one horn, any more than if I say I push you with my hand it means that I have one hand!

Here is a much clearer translation from an excellent modern translation: “If an ox gores a man or a woman so that either dies, then the ox must surely be stoned and its flesh must not be eaten, but the owner of the ox will be acquitted. But if the ox had the habit of goring, and its owner was warned but he did not take the necessary precautions, and then it killed a man or a woman, the ox must be stoned and the man must be put to death."

The meaning is obvious. It doesn't imply that the ox had one horn. A single horn on a large four legged ox is not Scriptural. It's nonsense.

Yes, I see your translation completely omits reference to “his horn”, which reveals a SINGLE HORN. That information was the VERY part of that animal that would GORE a person.

I have animals with HORNS. I have Deer HORNS. I never describe duel horns as a horn.

Thanks for pointing out in this case why newer translations OMIT language that reveals what men in ancient times were talking about.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Belief founded on ignorance. There are two spiritual communities. One is Holy the other is evil. They are distinct in behavior and character. Because you are ignorant of those distinctions you project your ignorance onto me.
That is the CC indeed my friend . beliefs founded upon igonrance of not knowing the scriptures . Far better to be ignorant of the teachings of the CC
than that of the Bible and that JESUS .

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I see your translation completely omits reference to “his horn”, which reveals a SINGLE HORN. That information was the VERY part of that animal that would GORE a person.

I have animals with HORNS. I have Deer HORNS. I never describe duel horns as a horn.

Thanks for pointing out in this case why newer translations OMIT language that reveals what men in ancient times were talking about.

You'll do anything and rationalize any way you can to prop up the KJV. It's an old, flawed translation.

FYI, deer don't have horns, they have antlers.

Re-read my post about one hand. If I open a door with my hand, does that mean I don't have two hands? If an animal gores me with its horn, that doesn't mean it doesn't have two horns!!! I mean, really! Your eisegesis is tragic.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
One is not "above" the other. That's just fear mongering nonsense from prejudiced, ignorant anti-Catholics.
Of course one is above the other. In order to have ecclesiastical authority which you claim is the Hallmark of catholicism, a hierarchal order is imperative. Doctrines not found in scripture are the proof of this. Tradition became entrenched, the magisterium then made the tradition official. Without any reference to the Bible whatsoever.
Sure; this is why we reject any form of Protestantism, because all fail the test of allegiance to God’s Word in Holy Scripture, and the historical pedigree that the fathers always taught was necessary. Every heretic in the history of the world thumbed their nose at the institutional Church and went by Scripture alone. It is the heretical worldview to do so, precisely because they know they can’t prove that their views were passed down through history in an unbroken succession.
An unbroken succession of apostasy, which is why so many found it desirable to reform, but failing that, necessary to break away. As I said to MoG, the desire for a king, just as in ancient Israel, became a snare. It became as is accurately described in Revelation of Babylon the Great...
KJV Revelation 17:1-2
1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
"International diplomacy" is one thing. Forcing secular armies to fight your battles, murder and decimate Christian communities, sick as Justinian, Clovis, Charlemagne, and numerous princes and rulers over centuries against any and all who refuse to bow before the king in Rome, from small hamlets to entire nations, is spiritual adultery. The kings have become your church's husband in preference to Jesus. Just like ancient Israel. God never intended Israel to have a king like other nations, much less His church.
And don't tell me apostasy was impossible because Christ promised the gates of hell shall not prevail against His church. They didn't. They're always been a remnant. Just as Obadiah saved 100 prophets in Jezebel's day, so they're had always been a remnant since the time of the apostles till today. Your claim of apostolic succession as a sign of truth and faithfulness is bogus.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God warned and warned Israel that their apostasy would not go unpunished. Yet they murdered those sent to them.
Why cannot Catholics perceive that the same God will deal with Rome according to her deeds as He did with Israel? What makes Rome impervious to judgement, particularly when she is guilty of the very same crimes as Israel? Murdering those sent to her, and forming a union of church and state to govern those she claims are under her authority?
KJV Ezekiel 21:25-27
25 And thou, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end,
26 Thus saith the Lord GOD; Remove the diadem, and take off the crown: this shall not be the same: exalt him that is low, and abase him that is high.
27 I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until he come whose right it is; and I will give it him.
The true King of Israel is Jesus Christ. Yet this mob dare place their own in His place, even presuming to have him speak as a king for his subjects. And the protestant world is fallen also, the daughters now fawning over this Antichrist (in place of Christ) and seeking to serve and obey him, surrendering the sovereignty of America into the eagerly waiting hands Rome. FB_IMG_1601399042011.jpg

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You crack me up. Thanks for your interpretation of Scripture....Oh, wait. Did your interpretation of that passage come from man?
I'm amazsp of it l. Will still argue to deny it the womeo