• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wouldn't a church that has One True teaching with no false prophets be "the true church"
You're defending a fallacious argument that says the true church is the one that will have no false teachers and their teachings in it. But as we can see the Bible plainly says the one true church WILL have false teachers in it:

"1Now there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you." 2 Peter 2:1

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, to your way of thinking, Jesus came only for the perfect people here on Earth! Gotcha.
There being only One true Church has NOTHING to do with Jesus coming only for the perfect. The two don't equate

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello.

There are a few books that explain what "symbolic" means, in general, and specifically in the NT.
You might check them out.

Why ????? , because you have this idea that God, who is Christ, who told YOU in the Torah that you can't eat/drink blood or human flesh, ... Yet...you have this "Catholic" idea that Christ changed His mind during the Last Supper, and now they could.
Sorry, no.

So, then.... how do you eat and drink Jesus, that is not= SYMBOLIC?

A.) By FAITH.

When you believe, you have taken into yourself Jesus, as your Savior.... who then lives there, as you then have become "the temple of the Holy Spirit".

So, you EAT the God Man, by FAITH........and that is not symbolic. And when you do, Jesus said..>"all that believe in me, i give unto you eternal life and you shall never perish".

And how does Jesus "give" Eternal Life?
Its by HIM being Eternal life..........= who Is Jesus......and when you are joined to Him, Spiritually, by being born again, and that not of water...then you are become "ONE WITH GOD"<.= SPIRITUALLY....
And how long is God's existence going to last with YOU "In Christ' and "Christ in you"?
For "Eternity" as that is Eternal Life.
Hey Behold,

How do you fulfill what He told you that you MUST do in John 6:53?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Dear Amigo,

I know you don't know everything that @Wrangler or @Ferris Bueller teach. But what we both know and of which you refuse to acknowledge is that YOU disagree with THEM on interpretation of Scripture and all 4 of you amigo's think that YOU know the truth (except Ferris who admitted he has some truth and is still growing in the truth) and that the other one is wrong.

You keep saying that all we have to do is get back to reading the bible and the simplicity of Scripture. Men are teaching contradicting things and Scripture is so simple and if people would just read it and not listen to other men everything would be great in Christianity blah blah blah

Sooooooooooooo ONCE AGAIN I have read the bible and you are clearly wrong in your interpretation of Scripture. Other men over the last 2,000 years have read the bible and your interpretation of Scripture is different than there's. So do tell me amigo! How is everyone else wrong and YOU are right in YOUR interpretation of Scripture? If you REALLY BELIEVE that all we have to do is read Scripture and it is sooooo simple that anyone can understand it then you should NEVER correct someone when they say they interpret Scripture passage XYZ a certain way and you interpret a different way. After all, if it is soooooooooo simple to understand who is to say that my simple way of understanding is not correct? YOU? Maybe I am a more simple person than you are!

Your continuous story that the CC went into error and then the men that broke away from the CC went into error and then men that broke away from those men went into error etc etc until presto magico amigo de christo came along in the year 2022 and all of a sudden there is a man on earth with no error is a story I am tired of. It is true there were some men in the CC that were not good men, who sinned and were corrupt. That does NOT mean the DOCTRINE of The Church is corrupt. If sinful man = corrupt doctrine then YOUR DOCTRINE is corrupt since YOU are a sinful man. Kapish?

In regard to the lie you keep repeating
that Scripture is simple, just get back to reading the bible and the bible is plain language etc etc. Here is the truth amigo: There are some things in Scripture that are hard to understand. The ignorant and unstable twist Scripture to their own destruction. Since there are some things in Scripture that are hard to understand we are to beware that we are not carried away with the error of the lawless and lose our own stability. Soooooooooooo CLEARLY you teach opposite of what Scripture teaches.

Since you teach opposite of what Scripture teaches, I think that it is best that I ignore you! :Amen:
IF i dont know what they teach , how on earth can i either agree or disagree .
All i know is from what i have seen of their defense of the gospel and their warnings against the CC and other places
THEY ARE RIGHT on that .
Now if ferris teaches we have to bow before an idol and burn incense to it , THEN I WOULD rebuke him
OR if i see him teach something contrary to the scrips i will try and correct him .
BUT i dont know everything he believes any more than he knows everything i believe .
You still need to explain where the four of us disagree . You cant just make a blanket statment .
Cause I KNOW not all catholics AGREE ONE HUNDRED PERCENT WITH EVERYTHING they all say EITHER .
SO you cant then turn around and make a blanket statement about the very thing you yourself would be guilty of .
YOU cant tell me YOU agree with all catholics . YOU know as well as i do the CC has splits and divisions
JUST as i KNOW the PROTESTANT realm does .
THE KEY IS , FOLKS NEED TO RETURN TO JUST the BIBLE and start learning that .
IF folks would quit trying to teach Calvin or etc or THE CC , but would rather just teach what is already *IN the bible
THINGS might start getting cleared up a bit . BUT until folks learn to stop trusting in THEIR leaders as though
they KNEW ALL and rather would and will go back into the bible TO MAKE SURE of the TRUTH , THEN THEY GONNA get decieved .
BUT you all are taught from the cradle that you cant actually learn the bible for yourselves , ONLY YA CHURCH can intrepet it for you .
GOOD LUCK with that one . cause the JW does the same thing and so do others .
And my best guess is , YOU KNOW the JW is not correct , YET you cannot see the errors in your own church .
You are like many . THEY holler and can see the errors of others , BUT CANNOT SEE THEIR OWN ERRORS
EVEN The JW can see the errors in others , BUT THEY SURE CANNOT SEE IT in their own doctrine . SO TO with the CC .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you need to work out what actually did happen in 1844. Because as I said, the date is solid. "Unto 2300 days, then shall the sanctuary be cleansed". Daniel 8:14. If the Adventists have got it wrong as you believe, then what is the explanation of that verse?
Just cause i dont understand all things does not mean i agree with something I KNOW is not true .
Why cant we all just start back over in the bible . Just teach the bible and then see how fast things could clear up .
So long as the baptist preaches his doctrine or the methodist his doctrine or the JW his docrtrine or the CC their doctrine
there will be nothing but strifes . BUT , and this is one big ol butt too , BUT IF WE WOULD JUST teach what is IN the bible
and start in that and teach that , YOU would be amazed at how fast things start getting cleared up .
I am trying to bring us all back to just the simpicity in that bible . IF we get that down good , then we can iron out the differences
I cant explain or fully explain the things that occur in the thousand years and etc . BUT that dont mean
i cant know when someone is teaching something false on it . The same with investigative judgment .
I Know its wrong , but i cannot fully explain what you just asked me to explain either . BUT i can still tell you
that investigative judgemnt is in correct BY what i actually learned by reading the scrips .
LOOK the lady trusted in miller way too much . SHE was down trodden and in no way wanted to believe he was wrong .
BUT you know what the problem is , IF HE WAS SETTING dates , SHE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN that was wrong .
BUT SHE DIDNT . SHE Went along with it , cause her heart was too trusting in men .
SEE the problem yet . AND THEN instead of coming to her senses and realizing oh dear he was wrong
SHE just cant let it go and has to find some way to make it all make sense . THAT should tell you something .
IF she fell so easily for date setting , WHAT ON EARTH makes you think her heart WAS SET ON GOD IN THE FIRST PLACE .
I Mean even babes know that JESUS said NO MAN KNOWS the day nor hour . SO HOW come when miller was spouting out the date
SHE so easily fell for that . IF I TOLD YOU JESUS was COMING in NOVEMBER , WOULD YOU BELIEVE ME .
NO , I BET YOU would CORRECT ME and SAY , HEY AMIGO , YOU CANNOT KNOW THE DAY OR HOUR .
SO HOW COME ELLEN FELL FOR IT and could not let it go . THAT SHOULD WORRY YOU BIG TIME . PLEASE let this go my friend .
I have no problems with folks doing church on fri to sat or holding the sabbath day . LET each do as his consiscious bids him
in meats drinks and days . WELL cept for blood . But paul said that too . BUT this investigative judgment is not right . it aint .

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet, you did relate them as you denied the false teachers in your denomination.

Your basic problem is falsely equating the One True Church of Christ with your denomination.
You make no sense Wrangler.....You write a lot of words but rarely makes sense.

If The Catholic Church is not the One True Church that Christ started then which one is Wrangler?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You make no sense Wrangler.....You write a lot of words but rarely makes sense.

If The Catholic Church is not the One True Church that Christ started then which one is Wrangler?
The church of JESUS CHRIST and HIS apostels . But beware , for as even you know
Men can come in and pervert the truth . My advice , FOLLOW the JESUS of the bible , learn IT WELL
learn what all the apostels taught , learn the doctrine well , THEN test all men against what was left us in that bible .
BUT never test men against what YOU THINK is RIGHT just cause your denomination said it was .
IF we would but simply return to the bible and read it for ONESELF , IT would not take long
to see that men who loved the pre eminence crept in and turned the pure and holy truth of the original church
INTO a utter mess . I am not for sure when the Corruption came in , the best i can tell was around the time or shortly
before the time of constantine . THEY Turned that place into a death trap .
When , o when did peter who once rebuked even cornelious for trying to KNEEL before him , and SAID GET UP
i am BUT A MAN same as you , TURN INTO ONE WHO SITTETH ON A THRONE , men DO KNEEL BEFORE HIM
and kiss his ring and even call him MOST HOLY . LOOK you got to get out of that place .
I dont say this to be mean , I Just say it out of great love for your soul . Leave it and learn CHRIST for YOURSELF .

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve answered this several times. You keep confusing the one true church with your denomination.
I don't recall your answer.

I am not confused. I have found The Church. You are confused since you can't find it OR describe it.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo if not The Catholic Church.....which church?

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
So, to your way of thinking, Jesus came only for the perfect people here on Earth! Gotcha.
The church IS THE BODY OF CHRIST.
It's not an organization.
True.
What Is the Church? It's Role and Purpose According to the Bible
“Church” is the translation of the Greek term ekklesia, and is used in the New Testament to identify the community of believers in Jesus Christ. It literally means “assembly,” “congregation,” or “meeting.”

The RCC isn't the perfect doctrine true church. The present day pope , who is allegedly infallible per church doctrine, proved he is fallible when he claimed atheists will go to heaven by doing good works.

God's word says God is not found in structures built by mortal hands. Paraphrasing Acts 7.

Therefore @Marymog [Marymotherofgod] asked what church is God's true church? It is the Ekklesia! Not the RCC whose man made doctrine contradicts scripture.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True.
What Is the Church? It's Role and Purpose According to the Bible
“Church” is the translation of the Greek term ekklesia, and is used in the New Testament to identify the community of believers in Jesus Christ. It literally means “assembly,” “congregation,” or “meeting.”

The RCC isn't the perfect doctrine true church. The present day pope , who is allegedly infallible per church doctrine, proved he is fallible when he claimed atheists will go to heaven by doing good works.

God's word says God is not found in structures built by mortal hands. Paraphrasing Acts 7.

Therefore @Marymog [Marymotherofgod] asked what church is God's true church? It is the Ekklesia! Not the RCC whose man made doctrine contradicts scripture.
Hey Dragonfly,

You have been more articulate than @amigo de christo @Ferris Bueller @Wrangler on this subject and I appreciate it. The article you linked by Pastor Luis Ángel Díaz-Pabón is a common Protestant way to look at what a church is. He pointed out what ekklesia means. Where he failed is he didn't put all of Scripture into context on what a church is or what The Church is.

The very first passage from Scripture he mentions Matthew 16:18 to support his theory on what a church is. However, as you noticed (if you read the article), he didn't address the passage in context. IN CONTEXT Jesus said he was building his church upon Peter and he gave Peter the keys to heaven and the authority to bind and loosen. Jesus later gave the authority to bind/loosen to the other Apostles. My question to you is if Peter and the Apostles, who are members of the church and have the authority to bind and loosen along with the keys to heaven, does that mean ALL members of the church have that same authority?

Also in that passage Jesus says that the gates of hell will not prevail against His church. Putting Pastor Diaz-Pabon's theory into practice, does that mean that the gates of hell will not prevail against each individual “assembly,” “congregation,” or “meeting”? Do you Blue Dragonfly believe that the gates of hell have prevailed against some churches? If you believe that Satan has prevailed against some churches then Jesus lied. If you believe Satan has not prevailed against some churches, then what are we to do with the churches that teach that gay marriage and abortion are condoned by God?

Later in the article he writes:
"Today, the church is exactly what God stated: the house of God, the pillar and foundation of the truth,..."! But that doesn't make sense. If, as he stated earlier, the church is just an “assembly,” “congregation,” or “meeting” then which “assembly,” “congregation,” or “meeting” is the pillar and foundation of truth. The meeting in his basement that @amigo de christo attends? The assembly of all true believers that @Ferris Bueller goes to occasionaly? Or the denomination that @Wrangler visits but disagrees with on some things? All three can't be the pillar of truth so Pastor Diaz-Pabon did not think that one out very well.....but you seem to agree with his article/theory??????

The pastor briefly touches on elders, deacons etc but he does not put into context what their role is in the church. Scripture makes it clear that we are to obey are elders and they are worthy of double honor and they were selected by the Holy Spirit etc etc! So I wonder what elder Pastor Pabon obeys? I am willing to bet HE is the elder that everyone else to obey in his church and he is worthy of double honor.....but I could be wrong.

Pastor Luis Ángel Díaz-Pabón's is a hypocrite. Did you find it in his article Dragonfly? So you quote an article from a man who is hypocrite on what he preaches but you put down the Pope on what he preaches?

Since you KNOW that "The RCC isn't the perfect doctrine true church." then which church fits the perfect doctrine?

Curious Mary

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What man in your Body of Christ fulfills Hebrews 13:17 and 1 Timothy 5:17 Ferris?
Those with that calling and gifting:

11And it was He who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers" Ephesians 4:11
I don't know why this is still so hard for you to grasp even after so much Biblical explanation.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If, as he stated earlier, the church is just an “assembly,” “congregation,” or “meeting” then which “assembly,” “congregation,” or “meeting” is the pillar and foundation of truth.
The church are all the saved, born again people in that congregation with their various gifts and callings. The organization in which they are meeting is just that, an organization, not the church, the body, of Jesus Christ.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The meeting in his basement that @amigo de christo attends? The assembly of all true believers that @Ferris Bueller goes to occasionaly? Or the denomination that @Wrangler visits but disagrees with on some things?
The born again people in all of our meetings constitute the church. For the church is clearly defined in scripture as the BODY OF CHRIST. You're trying to pigeon-hole the church into one set organization of creeds and worship methodologies. The Bible doesn't define the church that way.