• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your use of the word 'kiddo' shows you are not in Christ.

Love each other as brothers and sisters and honor others more than you do yourself.
Rom 12:10 CEV
Lol....Yup, that's in the bible! Proverbs 8:91 He that calleth another man kiddo makes clear they do not walk with the Lord.

One thing I have noticed about you Wrangler; You write a lot of words....but you never really say anything. You are vapid.

None the less....would you like to discuss something about Scripture and the topic of this thread; spotting heretics? What man in your life fulfils Hebrews 13:17? After all, if you are not fulfilling Scripture, you are probably a heretic!

Mary

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Lol....Yup, that's in the bible! Proverbs 8:91 He that calleth another man kiddo makes clear they do not walk with the Lord.

One thing I have noticed about you Wrangler; You write a lot of words....but you never really say anything. You are vapid.

None the less....would you like to discuss something about Scripture and the topic of this thread; spotting heretics? What man in your life fulfils Hebrews 13:17? After all, if you are not fulfilling Scripture, you are probably a heretic!

Mary
It may be of interest to you, or not, that the principle means by which the Catholic Church convinced people to Obey them that have the rule over you throughout it's history until recently, was through force of arms. There are two prime examples of this affirmed by historians from early ages... One was to convince churches outside of Rome to submit to the Roman bishop as head over all churches. This trick was established with the help of the Roman emperors. Starting with Constantine who enforced everyone to submit to the council of Nicea regarding the Trinity, and a couple of centuries later this authority was fully established when Justinian promoted the then bishop of Rome as head over all churches through legal enactments that were included in the code of Justinian which held sway over Europe for over 1000 years, , and then proceeded to destroy those nations and faiths that the Roman bishop disagreed with.
What may be of further interest is that in prophecy the dragon, Satan, is intimately linked with the pagan Roman system. Revelation 12 speaks of the dragon waiting before the woman to kill the child as soon as He was born. This Herod did, and was the representative puppet king of Rome at the time. So the dragon and pagan Rome were synonyms. Confirming this for those understanding prophecy is the stark similarity in the description of the 4th power of Daniel 7, pagan Rome, the first beast of Revelation 13, the Antichrist, and the description of the dragon himself in Revelation 12. But what is of even greater interest, is the statement in prophecy declaring...KJV Revelation 13:2
2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
In other words, it would be pagan Rome, Satan's proxy agent at the time, who would give the Antichrist his power, his seat, and great authority. Most would say it was merely a coincidence that Justinian, the pagan Roman emperor, did just that on behalf of the Catholic Church .

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no idea everything wrangler teaches nor ferris . Brakelite knows i disagree with the SDA . He already knows that .
If folks would just return to the simpicity of the scriptures . Too many men came and taught far too many contradictions along the way .
Some are flat out deadly and dangerous while other teachings are just off in areas .
You should see the divisions within catholicism , yep they exist within the protestant realm too .
IT sure would be a lot easier if folks just stuck to what was orginally taught in scripture . Then we could clear up some things .
BUT so long as men just blindly sit under calvin , the CC , or whatever , they are in dire danger on some things .
True christanity , true religion is so simple . IT so sad many men have made complicated what should have been a simple walk .
But men have always desired the pre eminence and many men have always desired to make desciples of them own selves .
ITS really very sad to watch it . My advice is folks need to return to the simplicity of CHRIST and truly learn
What HE taught and what the true apostels IN the bible had left us to read . WOULD have been so much simplier .
But as i said , MANY men have long desired to LORD over the flocks and to have the praise of men
and sit in long robes and have men kiss their rings . What started in the CC didnt end in the CC either .
MANY men who fled the CC THEN TURNED RIGHT AROUND AND bascially did the same thing . THUS sayeth THE ME , now kiss my ring
or etc . Too bad folks wont just return to the original truth left to us in the bible and learn THAT JESUS
and learn that doctrine . WOULD have been so much simplier . But no , even within the protestant realm
their schools of theology are to simply twist men to their own teachings . IT seems to never end . SO sad really .
Dear Dear Amigo,

I know you don't know everything that @Wrangler or @Ferris Bueller teach. But what we both know and of which you refuse to acknowledge is that YOU disagree with THEM on interpretation of Scripture and all 4 of you amigo's think that YOU know the truth (except Ferris who admitted he has some truth and is still growing in the truth) and that the other one is wrong.

You keep saying that all we have to do is get back to reading the bible and the simplicity of Scripture. Men are teaching contradicting things and Scripture is so simple and if people would just read it and not listen to other men everything would be great in Christianity blah blah blah

Sooooooooooooo ONCE AGAIN I have read the bible and you are clearly wrong in your interpretation of Scripture. Other men over the last 2,000 years have read the bible and your interpretation of Scripture is different than there's. So do tell me amigo! How is everyone else wrong and YOU are right in YOUR interpretation of Scripture? If you REALLY BELIEVE that all we have to do is read Scripture and it is sooooo simple that anyone can understand it then you should NEVER correct someone when they say they interpret Scripture passage XYZ a certain way and you interpret a different way. After all, if it is soooooooooo simple to understand who is to say that my simple way of understanding is not correct? YOU? Maybe I am a more simple person than you are!

Your continuous story that the CC went into error and then the men that broke away from the CC went into error and then men that broke away from those men went into error etc etc until presto magico amigo de christo came along in the year 2022 and all of a sudden there is a man on earth with no error is a story I am tired of. It is true there were some men in the CC that were not good men, who sinned and were corrupt. That does NOT mean the DOCTRINE of The Church is corrupt. If sinful man = corrupt doctrine then YOUR DOCTRINE is corrupt since YOU are a sinful man. Kapish?

In regard to the lie you keep repeating
that Scripture is simple, just get back to reading the bible and the bible is plain language etc etc. Here is the truth amigo: There are some things in Scripture that are hard to understand. The ignorant and unstable twist Scripture to their own destruction. Since there are some things in Scripture that are hard to understand we are to beware that we are not carried away with the error of the lawless and lose our own stability. Soooooooooooo CLEARLY you teach opposite of what Scripture teaches.

Since you teach opposite of what Scripture teaches, I think that it is best that I ignore you! :Amen:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Did you know there was a time in your church history when there were 3 different bishops each claiming the Pontifical throne and title? Each one called the other 2 Antichrist. I think they were all speaking the truth.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It may be of interest to you, or not, that the principle means by which the Catholic Church convinced people to Obey them that have the rule over you throughout it's history until recently, was through force of arms. There are two prime examples of this affirmed by historians from early ages... One was to convince churches outside of Rome to submit to the Roman bishop as head over all churches. This trick was established with the help of the Roman emperors. Starting with Constantine who enforced everyone to submit to the council of Nicea regarding the Trinity, and a couple of centuries later this authority was fully established when Justinian promoted the then bishop of Rome as head over all churches through legal enactments that were included in the code of Justinian which held sway over Europe for over 1000 years, , and then proceeded to destroy those nations and faiths that the Roman bishop disagreed with.
It may be of interest to you, or not, that Ellen G. White lied to you!

I am guessing "or not"!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I see. Insult first, then reference a Scripture, pretending that it includes submitting to unjust rule, as in the unjust rule RCC exercised.

I don't recognize the rule of tyrants, reject RCC claim of supremacy over Christ and God's word and have nothing but contempt the the ongoing arrogance of RCC (kiddo) as being superior to Protestants. From, this I am a proud Catholic heretic!

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom
2 Corinthians 3:17

Reactions: Brakelite

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know you don't know everything that @Wrangler or @Ferris Bueller teach. But what we both know and of which you refuse to acknowledge is that YOU disagree with THEM on interpretation of Scripture and all 4 of you amigo's think that YOU know the truth (except Ferris who admitted he has some truth and is still growing in the truth) and that the other one is wrong.
"13until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God" Ephesians 4:13

"until we all reach unity"

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What may be of further interest is that in prophecy the dragon, Satan, is intimately linked with the pagan Roman system. Revelation 12 speaks of the dragon waiting before the woman to kill the child as soon as He was born. This Herod did, and was the representative puppet king of Rome at the time. So the dragon and pagan Rome were synonyms. Confirming this for those understanding prophecy is the stark similarity in the description of the 4th power of Daniel 7, pagan Rome, the first beast of Revelation 13, the Antichrist, and the description of the dragon himself in Revelation 12. But what is of even greater interest, is the statement in prophecy declaring...KJV Revelation 13:2
2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
In other words, it would be pagan Rome, Satan's proxy agent at the time, who would give the Antichrist his power, his seat, and great authority. Most would say it was merely a coincidence that Justinian, the pagan Roman emperor, did just that on behalf of the Catholic Church .
All this according to who's interpretation of Scripture? The men fell for Ellen Whites twisting of Scripture? The Ellen White who is considered as a false prophet by most of Christianity? If your men lied to you about The Trinity (God, Jesus, Holy Spirit or simply put 1+1+1=3) then what else are they lying to you about Brakelite?

Keeping it real...Mary

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
All this according to who's interpretation of Scripture? The men fell for Ellen Whites twisting of Scripture? The Ellen White who is considered as a false prophet by most of Christianity? If your men lied to you about The Trinity (God, Jesus, Holy Spirit or simply put 1+1+1=3) then what else are they lying to you about Brakelite?

Keeping it real...Mary
The scripture is interpreting itself. It speaks for itself. How else can the following be understood....
KJV Revelation 12:3-4
3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
We know from history and the scriptures, that they one who was Satan's agent in attempting to kill the child, was Herod. Compare...
KJV Revelation 12:3
3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
KJV Daniel 7:7
7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.
KJV Revelation 13:1-2
1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

A child could recognize the connections. This has nothing to do with Ellen White. The entire reformation was based on this knowledge and understanding. There was barely any reformer who didn't teach this. Which is why the Jesuits made up the futurist and preterist method of interpreting scripture. Anything to remove the accusing fingers of the reformers away from Rome. The truth is plain to see for those who have eyes to see.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Were these people in Corinth, who were addressed by Paul, members of the Catholic Church you claim can be traced back to?

“Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.” (1 Corinthians 1:10)

And Paul didn’t direct them to “the true church” but to be united amongst themselves.
Michiah,

Yes, they were the first members of The Catholic Church.

If we were all "united" and had no divisions amongst us Michiah wouldn't we all be One? With One true doctrine? One true teaching under One Church? No false prophets twisting Scripture? No men tickling our ears?

Wouldn't a church that has One True teaching with no false prophets be "the true church" Michiah....think about! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO if that Church was here today YES Paul would direct them to the true Church.....which is opposite of what you just said!

PAUL was a leader in "the true Church" He would have directed them toward HIS Church.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love how Scripture supports denomination, though some may call it heresy.

John: Master, we found this fellow casting out demons. He said he was doing it in Your name, but he’s not one of our group. So we told him to stop.
Jesus: What? No! Don’t think like that! Whoever is not working against you is working with you.

Luke 9:49-50 The Voice

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scripture is interpreting itself. It speaks for itself.
You teach opposite of Paul: 2 Peter 3:16-17

It takes men, guided by the Holy Spirit, to PROPERLY interpret itself. Your men, and Ellen White, have lied to you

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A child could recognize the connections. This has nothing to do with Ellen White. The entire reformation was based on this knowledge and understanding. There was barely any reformer who didn't teach this. Which is why the Jesuits made up the futurist and preterist method of interpreting scripture. Anything to remove the accusing fingers of the reformers away from Rome. The truth is plain to see for those who have eyes to see.
Ellen White did not recognize the connections. Was she a child?

To reform a teaching means one has to reform the ORIGINAL teaching. The reformers changed the original teaching of Christianity and then other men came along and reformed that teaching and then other men came along and reformed that teaching etc etc. until today, 2,000 years later, we are no longer One Church with One teaching and Jesus prayer of unity (John 17:20-23) will never be fulfilled because of the men you follow.

Keeping it real...Mary

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Michiah,

Yes, they were the first members of The Catholic Church.

If we were all "united" and had no divisions amongst us Michiah wouldn't we all be One? With One true doctrine? One true teaching under One Church? No false prophets twisting Scripture? No men tickling our ears?

Wouldn't a church that has One True teaching with no false prophets be "the true church" Michiah....think about! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO if that Church was here today YES Paul would direct them to the true Church.....which is opposite of what you just said!

PAUL was a leader in "the true Church" He would have directed them toward HIS Church.
Don't you get it?
He's using your assertion that the early church is the Catholic church and showing you THAT THERE ARE DIVISIONS IN IT. The very division you insist does not exist in the Catholic church because it's the true church. Understand now?

He's showing you that your argument for there being no divisions in the church is not Biblical. That tears the ground away from under your argument that the Catholic church is the true church because it has no divisions in it.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ellen White did not recognize the connections. Was she a child?

To reform a teaching means one has to reform the ORIGINAL teaching. The reformers changed the original teaching of Christianity and then other men came along and reformed that teaching and then other men came along and reformed that teaching etc etc. until today, 2,000 years later, we are no longer One Church with One teaching and Jesus prayer of unity (John 17:20-23) will never be fulfilled because of the men you follow.

Keeping it real...Mary
As it's being shown to you, Paul shows us the early church had divisions in it. And as I've been showing you, Paul affirms this reality in Ephesians 4:13. So your claim that the Catholic church is valid because it has no divisions in it is fallacious.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sooooooooooooooo, @Marymog , you have a dilemma on your hands here. Since there were divisions in the Corinthian church of Paul's day you have to either 1) admit that the early church was not Catholic (for there are divisions in it), or 2) discard your argument that division is a sign of a false church.

What'll it be, Mary?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
He said we must eat Him to have life in us and that his body is true food and his blood is true drink.

Hello.

There are a few books that explain what "symbolic" means, in general, and specifically in the NT.
You might check them out.

Why ????? , because you have this idea that God, who is Christ, who told YOU in the Torah that you can't eat/drink blood or human flesh, ... Yet...you have this "Catholic" idea that Christ changed His mind during the Last Supper, and now they could.
Sorry, no.

So, then.... how do you eat and drink Jesus, that is not= SYMBOLIC?

A.) By FAITH.

When you believe, you have taken into yourself Jesus, as your Savior.... who then lives there, as you then have become "the temple of the Holy Spirit".

So, you EAT the God Man, by FAITH........and that is not symbolic. And when you do, Jesus said..>"all that believe in me, i give unto you eternal life and you shall never perish".

And how does Jesus "give" Eternal Life?
Its by HIM being Eternal life..........= who Is Jesus......and when you are joined to Him, Spiritually, by being born again, and that not of water...then you are become "ONE WITH GOD"<.= SPIRITUALLY....
And how long is God's existence going to last with YOU "In Christ' and "Christ in you"?
For "Eternity" as that is Eternal Life.