• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like does one have to be fully submerged to be baptized since at no point and nowhere does it say that anyone was fully submerged during baptism.
Okaaaay....

"16As soon as Jesus was baptized, He went up out of the water." Matthew 3:16
Did your men teach you that? If not, why are you not in doctrinal unity with them!?

Last edited:
Reactions: amigo de christo

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does that mean Ferris? Those that are approved, by God with the truth are recognized. Not the ones who deny the Truth. You, the truth that will set you free. The truth that the Apostles taught and if we reject them we reject the One who sent them.

Reject a divisive person after a first and second warning,

But if he refuses even to hear the church, let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector.

Soooooo what does all that mean Ferris? It means if a person disagrees with The Church, which is the pillar and foundation of truth, then they are to be rejected and treated as a heathen AFTER they have been warned. And those that are approved by God will be recognized!

ONCE AGAIN....notice how I used Scripture to destroy what your Protestant men have taught you? And YOU....well you keep giving your opinion.
Having polite, legitimate doctrinal differences among believers in our various stages of maturity is one thing. Destroying the church with false doctrines is quite another. That's why we non-Catholics had to separate ourselves from you Catholics. The Catholic church destroyed the Christian faith from top to bottom. It's unredeemable.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup, you are right Ferris. And the dictionary, which everyone uses to define Protesant, is wrong.
Calvin and Luther, who protested against the corruption of the Catholic church, were Reformists. I, too, protest the corruption of the Catholic church, but I do not want to be mislabeled a Reformist. Because I'm not one. That's why I call myself 'non-Catholic'.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, being Protestant is almost always equated with being a Reformist and their particular doctrines. I am not Reformist. I am anti-Catholic for sure, but I am not Reformist.
I hope you are meaning you are anti catholicism. Not Catholic. As for not being a protestant. The original protestants were so named for two reasons. The were pro truth, and protested error. They were called reformers because that was their original quest. To reform and bring righteousness and truth to the church they were all raised and taught in. Thing is this. The churches that sprang up as a result of the rejection of any reform, and the persecutions that followed even between various protestants, failed to continue the process. They didn't fully come out of the Catholic Church, retaining to a more or less extent, many of the teachings and practises of 'mother', even as previously noted, the penchant for persecuting those they disagreed with.
So what now? The work of reform and the need for genuine protestants isn't over. Only now it includes the entire church, Catholic and non-Catholic because they still retain the old errors and traditions, and added a few new ones as well. Why the need for reformation,? Because Jesus promised that He would return for a pure church, spotless and without blemish. Ferris, you need to be a protestant. The church needs protestants.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Calvin and Luther, who protested against the corruption of the Catholic church, were Reformists. I, too, protest the corruption of the Catholic church, but I do not want to be mislabeled a Reformist. Because I'm not one. That's why I call myself 'non-Catholic'.
Yup, you are right Ferris. And the dictionary, which everyone uses to define Protestant, is wrong.

AND there is no corruption in the Methodist OR Baptist OR Lutheran OR Pentecostal churches OR YOUR church.....every one in your church are saints! But you want to make it clear that you protest corruption in The Church. :goodj:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having polite, legitimate doctrinal differences among believers in our various stages of maturity is one thing. Destroying the church with false doctrines is quite another. That's why we non-Catholics had to separate ourselves from you Catholics. The Catholic church destroyed the Christian faith from top to bottom. It's unredeemable.
I don't understand your "various stages of maturity" theory Ferris. Wouldn't a 90-year-old Christian who has been studying the bible for 70 years be at the highest stage of maturity? Based on your theory: Why even listen to a 30-year-old who has been studying the bible for 10 years? Just listen to the 90-year-old Christian who is the most mature when it comes to Scripture.....

Yup, you Protestants separated from The Church (singular) to start your own churches (plural)! And NOW there are no false doctrines....are there Ferris? I mean after all, you Protestants agree with each other on the truth in Scripture and NOW, since the Protestant Revolution, there are no more "false doctrines":Happy: ......Can you REALLY not see how your theory makes ZERO sense?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AND there is no corruption in the Methodist OR Baptist OR Lutheran OR Pentecostal churches OR YOUR church.....every one in your church are saints!
Speaking generally of all the non-Catholic churches and their official doctrines, there is no corruption to the point of it not being Christian. The corruption of the Catholic church is so deep and pervasive that it is relegated to not even being a true Biblical Christian institution. Your corrupted theology of justification and salvation being the primary determinant of that.

Reactions: Brakelite

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okaaaay....

"16As soon as Jesus was baptized, He went up out of the water." Matthew 3:16
Did your men teach you that? If not, why are you not in doctrinal unity with them!?
Yes, The Church taught me that no-where in Scripture does it say that one has to be fully submerged to be validly baptized. Why do you ask? Did you find a passage that gives clear instructions on how to baptize? If so, please share it with me! Soooooo that destroys what your men taught you using Scripture.

Baptisms occurred in the Jordan river. Can a person go into the Jordan river and come up out of the Jordon River without being fully submerged Ferris? Can you get in your bathtub and come up out of your bathtub and not be fully submerged Ferris? The answer to both those questions is YES, one can go into AND come up out of a river or bathtub and not get fully submerged. Soooooooooo I just destroyed what your men taught you using logic.

Now lets destroy what your men taught you by reading your own Christian history (of which you don't even know): The Didache, which was written around A.D. 70 reads, “Concerning baptism, baptize in this manner: Having said all these things beforehand, baptize in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit in living water [that is, in running water, as in a river]. If there is no living water, baptize in other water; and, if you are not able to use cold water, use warm. If you have neither, pour water three times upon the head in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.” These instructions were composed while some of the apostles and disciples were still alive, and they represent an already-established custom.

Sooooo, IN SUMMARY, Scripture, logic nor your own Christian history backs up what your men have taught you. In other words your men have failed you AGAIN!! Run from them Ferris...run very far and very fast away from your Protestant men...:r.u.n:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I definitely do!
But I also want to make it clear I'm not Reformist. Thus the reason I call myself 'non-Catholic' rather than 'Protestant'.
Call yourself whatever you want.....You are by everyone else's definition a Protestant. Have you ever protested the corruption in your church?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pay attention my friend . I said the next time i go to the library i will find the book and write down the title and the author .
Ok....I will patiently await that title and author.

How about if you google it amigo? I found the decree you are talking about online!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't understand your "various stages of maturity" theory Ferris.
Here, maybe you'll understand it if you just read the words of the Apostle Paul about that for yourself:

"13until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God, as we mature to the full measure of the stature of Christ." Ephesians 4:13
Can you see it?
We're not all at the same place of unity in the knowledge of the Son of God.
You say that's the sign of a false religion/church. Paul says that's the way it is in the church and we're all working our way toward unity of knowledge and maturity in Christ, and all according to God's design. You say that's not God's design. You say that's the sign of a false church.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Call yourself whatever you want.....You are by everyone else's definition a Protestant. Have you ever protested the corruption in your church?
You may call me a Protestant if you want. Just know that I'm not of the Reformist beliefs that are closely associated with the protesters who split from the Catholic religion. I will continue to call myself a non-Catholic.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever protested the corruption in your church?
In our non-Catholic world I call myself non-denominational to further distinguish myself from various beliefs that I do not subscribe to amongst the non-Catholic/Protestant churches.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I mean after all, you Protestants agree with each other on the truth in Scripture and NOW, since the Protestant Revolution, there are no more "false doctrines":Happy: ......Can you REALLY not see how your theory makes ZERO sense?
What makes sense and is obvious to me is that you don't listen, lol.
Start giving me the courtesy of actually listening to what I say.

Your Catholic doctrines corrupted your church to the point of it not being Christian anymore. In general, that just isn't true of the non-Catholic churches. Yeah, we have false teachers and prophets among us just as Peter said we will have (you say the true church won't). But because we recognize the importance of borders and identifiers they are safely relegated to their sects and denominations. Just as we have done with the Catholic religion.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've told you several times the pastor and elders rule the affairs of a congregation.
I guess you just don't get this because I'm not using the word 'Catholic', or 'priest', or 'pope' somewhere in the description of congregational leadership, lol.
You have told me several times Ferris. But what you have told me is not very clear that is why I do not get what you are saying.

What exactly do your elders do when they "rule the affairs of a congregation"? Do they make sure the bills are paid, put a schedule is on display of who is going to clean the church that week, vote on who is worthy to be a deacon, perform baptisms etc etc? Is THAT what they do that you are to obey them over? If they tell you it is your turn to clean the church, you are to obey them?

How are your elders worthy of double honor? What do the elders in your church do Ferris?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What makes sense and is obvious to me is that you don't listen, lol.
Start giving me the courtesy of actually listening to what I say.

Your Catholic doctrines corrupted your church to the point of it not being Christian anymore. In general, that just isn't true of the non-Catholic churches. Yeah, we have false teachers and prophets among us just as Peter said we will have (you say the true church won't). But because we recognize the importance of borders and identifiers they are safely relegated to their sects and denominations. Just as we have done with the Catholic religion.
Oh goodness....Do you even realize what you are saying Ferris.

Here is a summary of what you have been and are saying: The Catholic Church is corrupt with corrupt men, and it teaches false doctrines. But in general, that is not true of Protestant denominations. Oh sure, we have false teachers and prophets among us, but Paul said we would. But WE recognize those sects and denominations and WE have put up borders to keep away from them. WE are not corrupt....every other church is. WE don't have false doctrines or false teachers...every other church does ESPECIALLY the Catholic Church. Some in MY church are still growing in maturity and it causes divisions amongst us. But Paul said to the Church in Corinth that there MUST be divisions among them so that means there must be divisions among us 2,000 years later. Those in MY church that are not very mature will eventually agree with the mature people in my church and then there will be no division...well, at least until new members join who are not very mature in Scripture....then we will have division...that is until they start agreeing with the more mature people in our church. o_O

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In our non-Catholic world I call myself non-denominational to further distinguish myself from various beliefs that I do not subscribe to amongst the non-Catholic/Protestant churches.
Oh goodness.....you crack me up. You protest the Catholic Church AND you protest against other Protestant denominations, but you don't want to be called a PROTESTant? o_O

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is a summary of what you have been and are saying: The Catholic Church is corrupt with corrupt men, and it teaches false doctrines. But in general, that is not true of Protestant denominations.
Don't leave out the important distinguishing factor between the corruption of your denomination and the corruption of Protestant/non-Catholic denominations! Start being fair and honest! If you have to, go back to what I posted to see what that is.