• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
just a master at testifying of yourself, right?

see, the truth always leaks out, around the edges

offend me? ha nah, i already knew that you were insufferable

yikes i hope you dont actually believe that you are following Jesus or anything
I'm sure your last remark is against the rules here.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I got rear ended by a young man once and used the situation as an opportunity to preach Christ unto him.

I didn’t call the police or pursue any legal action. I hope it connected with him…

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I got rear ended by a young man once and used the situation as an opportunity to preach Christ unto him.

I didn’t call the police or pursue any legal action. I hope it connected with him…

A good deed performed, that is undeserved, is beautiful in God's eyes, indeed.

The Cross of Christ is exactly like that....Michiah-Imla.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I would suggest we not let the self-centered doctrinaires vex the church. Nor lead us overlong or at all out of our peace in Christ.

Here is what i do,

This verse.

I do it in every post and in every Thread.
i do it for the benefit of the student and for the revelation against the heretics.

Paul teaching...

"""""For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.""""

See that?
That is what God want's us all to DO as a ministry.
When we do that, unbelievers get saved, believers get blessed, and heretics get STUNG....Hebrews 4:12.... and they reveal themselves.
Preaching the CROSS< "Out's" a heretic, every single time this Light shines on them and their teaching.

• Love
Reactions: ButterflyJones

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke chapter 16, Jesus taught a analogy of Richman and Lazarus. Some churches use scare tactics to control their flocks. Jesus tells us, thiers two sides of the Gulf. In paradise are the saints. In sheol, called hell, are the wicked and spirtualty dead. Neither side can cross over. Hell is holding place for the spirtualty dead. They're waiting for judgement day. It's sad some churches teach tradition of men. Hell is sheol, its holding place for the spirtualty dead or wicked. Hebrews 5:12. For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principle of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk and not strong meat. 5:13. For everyone that uses milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness; for he is babe. Spirtual discernment goes with knowledge and wisdom of God's word. I'm not knocking churches. Some of these shepherds are compromised. They must teach from quarterly packet each month. They don't get to the meat of God's word. If you told the truth about what happened in garden of eden, they would ask you to leave. Traditions of men and fairytales. Sadly, the flocks are on milk bottles. 5:14. But strong meat belongs to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil. Discernment is important. Simple person falls prey to motivation speakers or fake shepherds who distort and manipulate people. Is it sound doctrine or false doctrine? Some people are too lazy to study the bible. Their in Bondage. Bottom line. Misguided preachers put stumbling block in path of people.

Reactions: ButterflyJones

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are four variations of saved.

Saved can mean saved from the coming wrath of God,
Saved from sin, from death, from Satan and his angels, hell.
Saved to the kingdom of heaven which is by faith in Christ.

I believe Gods wrath pertains to Israel. The preached word in that day included the wrath coming.

I believe all people now today are saved from hell, Satan, sin, and death on the account of the sacrifice of Christ and upon his return and victory over all these things. Because of the sacrifice of the Lord Jesus Christ.

That does not mean a person is saved to the kingdom; and that is by faith in the Gospel of Christ in the death, burial and resurrection which brings forth new spiritual life for a person who comes to faith today in which they take time to learn and grow by reading the word and praying and seeking God out in faith which pleases him, and he will reward you too, spiritually to grow from a child of God to a mature Son or daughter of God.

People who have been hurt by religious bondage, or have been mislead or lied to, as far misinformation about God or about Jesus, may find themselves in limbo, or even come to a loss of faith.

Therefore a good thing to remember is faith comes by hearing, and people are in need of hearing which will produce faith within them to look to the Father and the son and have relationship openly with them by fellowship.

May you be encouraged to seek out and look for information and research and may God help you be able to come to truth by the spirit.