Spotting the Heretic

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
That's the frustrating part online - there's more of that kind of thing - the false gospel bringers are welcome and can post ad infinitum their same thing over and over and over for years, on many forums, repeatedly, and no one stops them. (or almost no one)

Thats true.
The false Gospel of works is a redundant tired devil created lie that ruins Christian forums, and will continue to do so.
And you should know.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not know where it is written, the reference - perhaps you can find it ? If they are raised in the way they should go, they will not depart far from it when they are old.

I have it memorized in fact...it is Proverbs 22:6.

It does not mean that they will not depart from it while they are still young.

1. Licence to Sin

This is a biblical statement (Jude 1:3-4 NIV)

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True. I was not in their home or their lives outside of the Sunday's.
When I see children , teens, or adults,
when anyone is given insight by God as God says - or wisdom, by asking Him and doing what He says,
God shows , or it is seen normally, which posters, or children , or teens, or adults , are living right.

I saw a family a month ago, I had never seen before, and have not seen since, and they were each and together just as they should be (and quite unexpectedly, btw, since seeing a family that is 'right' with God is so rare ) ,
and passed the test of Scripture as well - when questioned, and by observation of their behavior for the short time I saw them.

Likewise, decades ago, witnessing two faithful believers speaking to one another, whom I did not yet know and had not been introduced, it was obvious (perhaps to tell later) , that they were (or appeared) 'peculiar'/'different' than the rest (of people in the area/ business) ... and further discussions quickly and over years proved this was so ....

On the other hand, often just one post , a few words, is all that is needed to appraise someones character... as God Says, as God Grants, in line with all God Says in His Word (about spiritual appraisal in Christ Jesus) ...

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's the frustrating part online - there's more of that kind of thing - the false gospel bringers are welcome and can post ad infinitum their same thing over and over and over for years, on many forums, repeatedly, and no one stops them. (or almost no one)

But it is an important exercise that certain people show what false teaching is. We need heretics to show the false teaching so that people will learn to resist lies. Also it shows the preciousness of the truth...so that when you hear the truth..you can rejoice. So then Behold is serving an important function of what NOT to do. :)

Whether he is actually wise and is teaching falsehoods to see who will catch it or not???....but then very few people are that clever or wise.

So he probably actually thinks he is far advanced with the form of doctrine he thinks is true. But God will NOT be mocked.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said Paul's verse is a '""false teaching".
"false teaching".

You lied.
Paul wrote it.
Now you'll try to walk it back, and spin your original lie.
How many times now have you done this on my Threads?
Its habitual, with you.

He wasn't talking about Paul. He was talking about a false teacher quoting Paul.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As you didn't say the Holy Spirit came to you.
You said that GOD left heaven, just for you, and prophesied over you.

God is not the Holy Spirit to you?

What I said was shorthand for, a prophet of the Lord prophesied that over me via the Holy Ghost.

I say to you verily that the Holy Spirit is God (Acts of rhe Apostles 5:3-4).

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I do not know where it is written, the reference - perhaps you can find it ? If they are raised in the way they should go, they will not depart far from it when they are old.
That is God's Word, in line with proper training of children (and adults), and not in line with the false gospels or false teachings of calvary and other places.
Prov. 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it.

Reactions: Joseph77

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
For one thing, the gifts of the Spirit have nothing to do with Paul's reprimand to the church for allowing this man to stay in fellowship with them. CONTEXT, CONTEXT, CONTEXT.

I didnt say the gifts had anything to do with a fornicating Corinthian.
You are saying this..
I never said it.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You told me to prove it, and I did.

As i explained.
I was not talking about quoting members..
We all do that, or should.
I was talking about posting a teaching, that is not YOURS.......as a THEAD or a POST< and you use it, as if its yours.

I never do this.. is what i said.

You misunderstood me to mean , i never quote anyone here.
I quote in every response post., generally.
But what i dont do is write a Thread or a Post, by using someone else's TEACHING., as if i wrote it.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You just denied the verse., denied Paul's teaching.
Now you are his best friend.
Next you'll be teaching it the way i showed you, and claim it was always what you said.

next...

See how you lie...with your own reasoning you are calling Paul a liar for saying that the Galatians had fallen from grace...while being born again.

So if you have any honesty or truth in you at all...the very real possibility of falling from grace means that there is no guarantee of being under grace after being born again.

but these forums are so rife with dishonesty that you will just ignore the simple logic that shows how little you understand the bible...because you just ignore what doesn't justify you. Your own justification is the purpose that you read the bible. You read it to glorify yourself IN the flesh.

And your false accusations are just you digging a bigger and bigger hole for yourself and your pride.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As i explained.
I was not talking about quoting members..
We all do that, or should.
I was talking about posting a teaching, that is not YOURS.......as a THEAD or a POST< and you use it, as if its yours.

I never do this.. is what i said.

Why did you direct this at me as if I do?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Behold,

What I think you are not realizing is that in teaching some things true, yet with a spirit of condemnation against all who would oppose your unbiblical teachings, you are making the things that you say that are true look very bad; and turning people away from believing in them.

Because a tree is known by its fruits. And if you are bearing bad fruit the doctrine that you preach is going to be counted as sap that is not nourishing to the branch (to put it lightly).

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Behold,

What I think you are not realizing is that in teaching some things true, yet with a spirit of condemnation against all who would oppose your unbiblical teachings, you are making the things that you say that are true look very bad; and turning people away from believing in them.

Because a tree is known by its fruits. And if you are bearing bad fruit the doctrine that you preach is going to be counted as sap that is not nourishing to the branch.

He doesn't teach any truth. He is justifying the flesh with sound bytes from the bible that are taken out of context. So he is majoring in deeper sins because, like the Pharisees, he seems to have stopped sinning like the common man...by the flesh. No his sins are far worse.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Get your Bible out and read what it says.
Wrong answer.
Someone else asked if I had access to a Bible .. no. I don't.... sometimes I do.
The right answer from you would be to post the text BEFORE being asked to, (if it is not too long).
i.e. in the original post.