Supreme Court rules in favor of religious freedom

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
And that's the proper decision per the 1st Amendment of the U.S. Constituion regarding freedom of religion.

But what of all the cases where Church schools on Church property were closed down by the IRS because employees of the Church failed to file their taxes?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that's the proper decision per the 1st Amendment of the U.S. Constituion regarding freedom of religion.

But what of all the cases where Church schools on Church property were closed down by the IRS because employees of the Church failed to file their taxes?

Employees of the church are required to pay personal taxes. The Church organization is exempt. I was an employee of a church and had to pay taxes.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Employees of the church are required to pay personal taxes. The Church organization is exempt. I was an employee of a church and had to pay taxes.

Right, so how could the IRS shutdown a Church school like what happened up in Indiania a few years back simply because employees there hadn't filed?

I can understand a penalty applied if the Church admin was supposed to make sure the employees filed their taxes, but even that I don't agree with per the 1st Amendment as applied to the Church.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right, so how could the IRS shutdown a Church school like what happened up in Indiania a few years back simply because employees there hadn't filed?

I can understand a penalty applied if the Church admin was supposed to make sure the employees filed their taxes, but even that I don't agree with per the 1st Amendment as applied to the Church.

Depends on the situation. I wasn't there and you have provided no reference. Who knows? Perhaps the school was shutdown for a completely unrelated reason or the school was shutdown because it was operating in violation of Rico laws.