• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If I am going to be justified through obeying the law, I must obey every aspect of the law perfectly from conception into eternity; for it is written:

Gal 3:10, For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Jas 2:10, For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Mat 5:48, Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
You need to listen jbf. Nobody has said you will be justified by keeping the law. Keep your imagination in check!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to listen jbf. Nobody has said you will be justified by keeping the law. Keep your imagination in check!
Oh, okay...so you're saying that it isn't necessary to keep the law, then, am I gathering your doctrine correctly?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh, okay...so you're saying that it isn't necessary to keep the law, then, am I gathering your doctrine correctly?
If you want to understand 'Law' you need to familiarise yourself with the history of Israel....even further back to Adam...their story and how it relates to their economy. I'm not talking monetary terms, I'm talking health, ceremonial, civil, personal and moral. You need to discover what the objective was that God had brought them out of Egypt for.

Without understanding this you fire off rounds hitting targets at random but not knowing how the dots join or why.

Understanding this will give you the perspective of why Paul says what he says about 'law' and why he says it. Without it foolishness and confusion leads you by the nose.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, are you saying that it isn't necessary to keep the law?

yes or no?

___yes, it isn't necessary to keep the law;

or,

___no, it is necessary to keep the law.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you want to understand 'Law' you need to familiarise yourself with the history of Israel....even further back to Adam...their story and how it relates to their economy. I'm not talking monetary terms, I'm talking health, ceremonial, civil, personal and moral. You need to discover what the objective was that God had brought them out of Egypt for.

Without understanding this you fire off rounds hitting targets at random but not knowing how the dots join or why.

Understanding this will give you the perspective of why Paul says what he says about 'law' and why he says it. Without it foolishness and confusion leads you by the nose.
By all means, explain to me how you think these things apply to the question that I have asked you; and the answer that you will give.

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm saying, theoretically you try to cross the t's and dot the i's so that your view adds up in your understanding.....and that understanding dismisses God's Commandments.

A relational experience is one humbled by the gravity of the gift given and in gratitude bends all energies to obey.
When one has a relationship with Christ than one soon discovers that all mens doctrines account for little, for when one knows Christ one knows without doubt that one is not under the law, and since Christ is supposed to be the "good Shepherd" HE doe not go around "beating" His little lambs and sheep into submission nor does HE lay heavy burdens upon there shoulders as the religious men would have Him do.

You quoted in another post about the pharisees boasting, you should go read it again.

Reactions: justbyfaith

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
By all means, explain to me how you think these things apply to the question that I have asked you; and the answer that you will give.
you will never understand the answer I would give you if you don't understand what I previously laid out.

It's like expecting a second grader to understand essay on national history......they're not gonna get it...why? because they don't have the information.

In your case, you think you understand something you don't understand and you don't understand it because you haven't learn't to join the dots appropriately. I'm asking you to get in the students chair instead of the teachers chair and learn how the dots are joined.

Reactions: Episkopos

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Sin repent why, sins are paid for all of them, im amazed when i find anyone that hears from God..

Absolutely.

Reader....If ALL our sin were not dealt with on the Cross by God's own Blood, then none of us would be going to Heaven.
ALL SIN has been dealt with, and Salvation is the application of this resolution of all sin.

Can a person pay for their own sin? Can a person save themselves? Can a person, by repenting, wash away their sin?
NO!
Some believers are very very prideful.
They believe that Jesus saved them, but now they have to do the rest. = self saving.
How can that be possible? Can you save yourself without the Blood and the Cross?
So, does repenting and confessing resolve your sin? Can that PAY for your sin?
You can if you are an unbeliever, = HELL.
But if you are saved, then JESUS has paid for them ALL.

Listen Reader, repenting and confessing is NOT THE BLOOD OF JESUS.
So, do not believe that Jesus paid for your past sin only, but not future sin..
See, if you believe that, then you are actually trusting that repenting and confessing is equal TO= the Blood of Jesus.
If you have that belief, then You've lost faith in Jesus to keep you saved, and are now trusting in your WORK , your SELF EFFORT, of repenting and confessing to keep yourself saved. IF you are THERE in your faith, then your faith is in YOURSELF.
Paul defines this as being "fallen from Grace".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
What I read is condescension and self righteousness!

If possible, just read the Thread i wrote and study your New Testament.
God is the revealer, im just the writer.
I can present the understanding, but i can't learn it for you.
You are responsible for studying to show yourself approved to God.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
We are approved of because what of Christ has done, no amount of studying will ever make us "approved" of God

"Study to show yourself APPROVED TO GOD"..
Thats Paul, thats New Testament.

This approval is not related to being "justified by faith".......but rather this approval is God esteeming you to be a sincere disciple.... and will based on this verse, based on your STUDYING the Word of God, ... give you more Light of Revelation or not.

Study HERE FIRST.... Hebrews 13:9

Then go here. Romans 4:8

Then go here. Romans 3:21-28

Then go to Colossians, and Ephesians, and Galatians, and Philippians, and then Romans, and 1-2 Timothy and Titus.
Stay in those for 2 yrs. = LIVE THERE. and learn PAUL's doctrine and theology that Paul received personally from Jesus.
If you instead go to Matthew, and James, and Hebrews and The Revelation, you will stay in your Christian Diapers and have no understanding of the Blood Atonement, Justification by Faith, Sanctification, Spiritual Gifts, , and etc, and ect.

To become a student of the NEW TESTAMENT, Reader, you have to become a Student of the one who wrote most of it.
This is PAUL.
If you are not a student of Paul, you are not a student of the New Testament.
Bottom line.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm asking you to get in the students chair instead of the teachers chair and learn how the dots are joined.

I'm in the chair of the student most of the time...otherwise I wouldn't be a very good teacher.

you will never understand the answer I would give you if you don't understand what I previously laid out.

It's like expecting a second grader to understand essay on national history......they're not gonna get it...why? because they don't have the information.

In your case, you think you understand something you don't understand and you don't understand it because you haven't learn't to join the dots appropriately.

Why don't you try me...you might find that I have a working knowledge of the Old Testament and that all you have to do is point out what you believe in about the subject.

But I really think that you are evading the issue. The reality is that you do think you're justified by the law and you are trying to doge the bullet here...now isn't it?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely.

Reader....If ALL our sin were not dealt with on the Cross by God's own Blood, then none of us would be going to Heaven.
ALL SIN has been dealt with, and Salvation is the application of this resolution of all sin.

Can a person pay for their own sin? Can a person save themselves? Can a person, by repenting, wash away their sin?
NO!
Some believers are very very prideful.
They believe that Jesus saved them, but now they have to do the rest. = self saving.
How can that be possible? Can you save yourself without the Blood and the Cross?
So, does repenting and confessing resolve your sin? Can that PAY for your sin?
You can if you are an unbeliever, = HELL.
But if you are saved, then JESUS has paid for them ALL.

Listen Reader, repenting and confessing is NOT THE BLOOD OF JESUS.
So, do not believe that Jesus paid for your past sin only, but not future sin..
See, if you believe that, then you are actually trusting that repenting and confessing is equal TO= the Blood of Jesus.
If you have that belief, then You've lost faith in Jesus to keep you saved, and are now trusting in your WORK , your SELF EFFORT, of repenting and confessing to keep yourself saved. IF you are THERE in your faith, then your faith is in YOURSELF.
Paul defines this as being "fallen from Grace".

Our position in Christ is that we are forgiven before the Father.

However, the Holy Ghost's relationship to us is different. He deals with us as sinners; it is His job to convict us of sin and to sanctify us as we confess our sins. And our relationship with Christ is affected by these things. Our connectedness....our fellowship...our relationship...is severed when we sin against the Lord (see Isaiah 59:2) and fellowship is restored when we confess our sins.

We are approved of because what of Christ has done, no amount of studying will ever make us "approved" of God

Actually, 2 Timothy 2:15 would tell us differently.

If you instead go to Matthew, and James, and Hebrews and The Revelation, you will stay in your Christian Diapers

Now you've taken it down a notch. Before you said it would result in heresy. Maybe I'm getting through to you. Obviously the word of God (such as 2 Timothy 3:16) won't return void.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"Study to show yourself APPROVED TO GOD"..
Thats Paul, thats New Testament.

This approval is not related to being "justified by faith".......but rather this approval is God esteeming you to be a sincere disciple.... and will based on this verse, based on your STUDYING the Word of God, ... give you more Light of Revelation or not.

Study HERE FIRST.... Hebrews 13:9

Then go here. Romans 4:8

Then go here. Romans 3:21-28

Then go to Colossians, and Ephesians, and Galatians, and Philippians, and then Romans, and 1-2 Timothy and Titus.
Stay in those for 2 yrs. = LIVE THERE. and learn PAUL's doctrine and theology that Paul received personally from Jesus.
If you instead go to Matthew, and James, and Hebrews and The Revelation, you will stay in your Christian Diapers and have no understanding of the Blood Atonement, Justification by Faith, Sanctification, Spiritual Gifts, , and etc, and ect.

To become a student of the NEW TESTAMENT, Reader, you have to become a Student of the one who wrote most of it.
This is PAUL.
If you are not a student of Paul, you are not a student of the New Testament.
Bottom line.
To become a student of Christ one most go to Christ there is no other way.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Our position in Christ is that we are forgiven before the Father.

However, the Holy Ghost's relationship to us is different. He deals with us as sinners; it is His job to convict us of sin and to sanctify us as we confess our sins. And our relationship with Christ is affected by these things. Our connectedness....our fellowship...our relationship...is severed when we sin against the Lord (see Isaiah 59:2) and fellowship is restored when we confess our sins.

Actually, 2 Timothy 2:15 would tell us differently.

Now you've taken it down a notch. Before you said it would result in heresy. Maybe I'm getting through to you. Obviously the word of God (such as 2 Timothy 3:16) won't return void.
And that is what happens when Christ is not real and people spend there lives studying and never going to Christ thinking they know, but know nothing.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that is what happens when Christ is not real and people spend there lives studying and never going to Christ thinking they know, but know nothing.
Perhaps you might do us a favour and mention what portion of the quote you were responding to.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
-
Sin is only available as a fact and a title to someone who is "under the law".
Its the LAW that defines sin as sin, and a sinner as a sinner.
Take the Law away..
"Christ came to redeem us from the curse of the law"
Take the law away.
"you are not under the Law, you are under Grace".

So, now, "sin" is where the law is found, and Christians are not found defined by the law.
We are "under Grace".
Unbelievers are sinners, not you., if you are born again.

Saints do not sin, because Saints are not under the law.
Now calm down....:)
You are committing carnal deeds that you define as a "sin", but God does not..... And you think this way because you have been trained by a liar to believe that is how you are supposed to believe.
You BELIEVE you will sin and confess and repent. = "as a man thinketh in his heart"..."what you believe is what you are".
So first, stop believing that you are a "saved sinner", when you are not.
Next, realize that you are walking in your carnal mind when you are in a lifestyle that is "sinning, confessing, and repenting".
And how do you know, ?? Because if you are not in that carnal mind you wont be sinning and confessing and repenting.
"If you walk in the Spirit (The Mind of Christ) you wont SIN"... = "you wont fulfill works of the Flesh".

How do you stop?
Read my Threads.
They will talk to you about elevating your believing INTO God's perspective of you.
Thats the entrance into the holy lifestyle.

Im here to To teach you about this, to help you out of that lifelong bondage.
It takes time because its a matter of re-learning how to SEE yourself as God sees you.
You have to find your way into the Grace of God, in your mind.
You are already there through Jesus as "eternal life", but you have a mind that will want to perceive yourself as "sinner", "not good". "i just did it again"... "God im sorry, but its the same old sin"... ect.
Listen, you are not that. That is just sin consciousness playing out through your behavior.
God will give you Victory over all this, as you find your way into right believing.
You must become this... Hebrews 13:9
You must get your own heart established in the GRACE of God and keep it there.

Im here now a few weeks... and most of you have been confessing and repenting for years..
Let God work in you. Let yourself believe that you are always at peace with God, because of Jesus making this so...
God is never angry with you. God is on your side. You always have peace with God if you are born again, even on your worst day.
The blood of Jesus keeps you always in peace with God.
Listen, .. feelings are not facts...they are only feelings.. So, the fact is, the blood of Jesus always keeps you at peace and in the peace of God, no matter how you feel about this, day by day.
Some of you are starting to see some Light, and this is going to change your life, TOWARD God.

The law is just a light, showing a fatal flaw. It is not a solution or an evil, it is just switching on the light.
If one hates the light, one is lost eternally. If one loves the light to learn to apply Gods love and grace, you are beginning to walk in the Kingdom.

A lustful look is a problem that you value lust itself and ask another to respond. That lust has value, and that anything that springs from this will be anything else than destructive is foolish. The law merely tells you how far off respect, intimacy, care for another and oneself one is caught in. We are lost souls, being tweaked by these systems not knowing why, puppets on a string, pushed and pulled till we are worn out.

But the cross and love rises above and conquers, lays out the land, and asks real questions of what is a significant connection, what is really caring, what shows depth that cannot be measured? Jesus did on the cross and calls us to learn and follow. Amen

Reactions: justbyfaith

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Perhaps you might do us a favour and mention what portion of the quote you were responding to.
Sin against the Lord than confess, when we get stuck in self and do our own thing we turn our backs to Him, all it takes is us to call upon Him and we are back with Him again, Sins are forgiven,. done, finished closed for ever, He isnt the one bringing it up, it is us. If we are doing anything outside of faith we are not walking with Him

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin against the Lord than confess, when we get stuck in self and do our own thing we turn our backs to Him, all it takes is us to call upon Him and we are back with Him again, Sins are forgiven,. done, finished closed for ever, He isn't the one bringing it up, it is us. If we are doing anything outside of faith we are not walking with Him
It depends on whether the Holy Spirit is pinpointing a specific sin in our lives or not. If He is, then He has indeed brought it up. But He brings it up in order that we might confess it and be forgiven.

If it is a sin that we have previously confessed, then it may in fact be the accuser who is bringing it up; and our best bet is to agree with our adversary quickly and confess even those sins another time just to be certain that they are confessed and under the blood.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It depends on whether the Holy Spirit is pinpointing a specific sin in our lives or not. If He is, then He has indeed brought it up. But He brings it up in order that we might confess it and be forgiven.

If it is a sin that we have previously confessed, then it may in fact be the accuser who is bringing it up; and our best bet is to agree with our adversary quickly and confess even those sins another time just to be certain that they are confessed and under the blood.
It all came under the blood the moment we said. Christ I am yours". Israel only painted the blood on the door lintels once, it was enough for God. Christ died on the cross once, it was enough for God, He isnt doing it again, but if it makes ones feel clean there is no problem.