Tares Reveal Themselves by what they DON’T Say...And They Are With us Here .How to Identify Them...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A man that is an Unbeliever his entire life....a man who has heard the gospel and rejected it over and over until his death is Lost —no question....

And I know it flies in the face of Common Sense and goes against all human reasoning ....it does not even make sense to “ ME” that a man could die in a state of Unbelief and be Saved.....BUT.....I just can’t get by 2 Tim 2:13.....” If we are faithless, He remains Faithful”.......

I think their exists the possibility that the Grace Of God is actually More “ AMAZING “ than we ever dreamed....I would not bet against it..
Mark 16 He that believeth not shall be damned. In spite of what OSASers make up!

Reactions: amigo de christo

fellow

Jan 17, 2020
ark
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 16 He that believeth not shall be damned. In spite of what OSASers make up!
Joh 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
Joh 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Scripture says repent, be baptized in Jesus name and ye shall receive the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost is the LIVING soul, not the human soul.
That doesn't mean titles, it means the name and that is 'Jesus'.

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

The gift of the Holy Ghost
is eternal life.

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Righteous anger makes you "God-Like"?

...man’s anger does not bring about the righteousness that God desires. James 1:24

There's so many things you've missed in your 40 years of Bible knowledge! How can this be? Obviously, you've been sitting under the wrong teachers. You strike me as someone who does not read the Bible.

......and you strike me the same way.....
Anybody can “ read” the Bible.....the important thing is to understand it....I think that there are many things that you don’t understand.....
There is an old Spanish Proverb.....” Anything That begins in Anger, ends in shame....” There is much wisdom contained in that statement......Plain Old Anger is a terrible....

Having said that..... the Bible says that there are 7 things that God hates—-Pride.....A Lying Tongue....Scheming.....People That stir up Conflict ......hands that shed innocent Blood, etc.....

Those that have God's Spirit in them should be angered by the same things that anger God.....

“ Anger”, in itself,serves no purpose ....it usually leads to mistakes and hurt feelings—- it makes nobody “ God-Like”........

I am talking about “ Righteous Anger”..... the type that Jesus displayed in the Temple toward those that had turned God’s “ House of Prayer” into a “ Den Of Thieves”

The “ namby-pamby” , Sweet, lovable Jesus that never got angry or never showed Anger is a Myth....

Anger that emits from a “ Hot Head” is bad. “ Righteous Anger” is Good.....Legalist,Religionists ,Spreaders Of Leaven and Tares Anger God.....If they Anger us, we have something in common with God.....

I suspect James knew all of this...Now you do.....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[Oh JBF is not going to hate anybody.[/QUOTE]

This would make him just like Blood Bought.....BB hates False Doctrine....not people that he Believes are poorly taught...

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

......in your opinion only ....some believe that if you are in God's grip, NOTHING can take you out of it.....not even YOURSELF ....that is Biblical—- NOTHING can take you from His Hand...” Nothing” means NOTHING”.......

“ If we are Unfaithful— HE remains Faithful”......

So now we have Two Opinions.....let the Reader decide which is correct.....

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
......and you strike me the same way.....
Anybody can “ read” the Bible.....the important thing is to understand it....I think that there are many things that you don’t understand.....
There is an old Spanish Proverb.....” Anything That begins in Anger, ends in shame....” There is much wisdom contained in that statement......Plain Old Anger is a terrible....

Having said that..... the Bible says that there are 7 things that God hates—-Pride.....A Lying Tongue....Scheming.....People That stir up Conflict ......hands that shed innocent Blood, etc.....

Those that have God's Spirit in them should be angered by the same things that anger God.....

“ Anger”, in itself,serves no purpose ....it usually leads to mistakes and hurt feelings—- it makes nobody “ God-Like”........

I am talking about “ Righteous Anger”..... the type that Jesus displayed in the Temple toward those that had turned God’s “ House of Prayer” into a “ Den Of Thieves”

The “ namby-pamby” , Sweet, lovable Jesus that never got angry or never showed Anger is a Myth....

Anger that emits from a “ Hot Head” is bad. “ Righteous Anger” is Good.....Legalist,Religionists ,Spreaders Of Leaven and Tares Anger God.....If they Anger us, we have something in common with God.....

I suspect James knew all of this...Now you do.....
For one, you seem to not know about the scriptures I posted in rebuttal to your statements. That's why I said you don't seem to be a Bible reader. You said things you would not say if you knew what the Bible says about those things. You think you know the Bible because you listen to people who tell you what the Bible says. That will get you in trouble. As it apparently has in your case. Read the Bible for yourself! Be a Berean!

Secondly.......

You really need to learn what a legalist is. You're unfairly labeling Spirit sealed, obedient, born again Christians as legalists. Do you know where to go in the Bible to learn FOR YOURSELF what constitutes a legalist?

Thirdly......

Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect... 1 Peter 3:15
Let Jesus, the Judge of all things who rules and passes judgment in complete righteousness do the flipping of the moneychangers tables.

Reactions: Grailhunter

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
......in your opinion only ....some believe that if you are in God's grip, NOTHING can take you out of it.....not even YOURSELF ....that is Biblical—- NOTHING can take you from His Hand...” Nothing” means NOTHING”.......

“ If we are Unfaithful— HE remains Faithful”......

So now we have Two Opinions.....let the Reader decide which is correct.....
If we disown him, he will also disown us 2 Timothy 2:12
Obviously, being unfaithful and disowning Him are two different things with two different outcomes for Christians. Why are you ignoring this? Don't you know the difference between the unfaithful believer singing in the choir who cheated on his taxes out of fear for himself, and the Christ rejecting (ex) believer who has gone back to his old life in unbelief?

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it even our job to Identify them.
The Lord of the harvest will sort them out. We are to leave them be
Ultimately, yes. But we do have the responsibility to turn them over to satan if necessary to protect the church.

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
of course, I could say the same things about myself in regard to my responses to you.....so there ya go.....now what......lol.....

No, that would be a lie. You called my gospel false and perverted when I had not ever leveled such an accusation against you to call you a false teacher in the same manner.

Maybe you do not level these charges against me because they could never “ Hold Water”

Riverwalker

Apr 20, 2021
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ultimately, yes. But we do have the responsibility to turn them over to satan if necessary to protect the church.

My understanding of the scriptures about handing someone over to Satan for the destruction of their flesh.....was refering to people who believed but were in grievous error, which would not fit my understanding of what a Tare is

1 Corinthians 5:5 hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My understanding of the scriptures about handing someone over to Satan for the destruction of their flesh.....was refering to people who believed but were in grievous error, which would not fit my understanding of what a Tare is

1 Corinthians 5:5 hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord.
Good answer, but truthfully, the passage doesn't tell us if he was really a brother or not.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
refering to people who believed but were in grievous error
I would change that to 'referring to people who fellowship with us in the church but were in grievous error'. I've always viewed the passage as turning out a disobedient believer, but I have to be honest and say it doesn't actually say either way if he is a believer or not. Just that he living in sin and polluting the body of Christ.

Reactions: Riverwalker

Riverwalker

Apr 20, 2021
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would change that to 'referring to people who fellowship with us in the church but were in grievous error'. I've always viewed the passage as turning out a disobedient believer, but I have to be honest and say it doesn't actually say either way if he is a believer or not. Just that he living in sin and polluting the body of Christ.

Well I am just keying off the second part of that scripture which implies that they are saved, but will fall from grace if allowed to continue

"so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord."

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we disown him, he will also disown us 2 Timothy 2:12
Obviously, being unfaithful and disowning Him are two different things with two different outcomes for Christians. Why are you ignoring this? Don't you know the difference between the unfaithful believer singing in the choir who cheated on his taxes out of fear for himself, and the Christ rejecting (ex) believer who has gone back to his old life in unbelief?

A guy that cheats on his taxes is not “ unfaithful”..... he is a Sinner committing a sin....God will Chastise him for it....somebody that is “ unfaithful “ has lost a Faith he once had, God will Remain Faithful to that man who has fallen into Error.....The man that “ Disowns “ God has been a constant, consistent denier of the Gospel.....
My best Friend has NEVER been a Believer.....As said in the Bible, The Gospel is “ foolishness” to him......he is Lost and will remain Lost if he never Changes his mind about the Gospel ( Salvational Repentance )
I have been a Believer since my youth, but in college I “ fell into Error” and lost my Faith...Gid brought me back to Faith.....I have been Saved all along.....

My friend was and is a Disowner.... I wasn’t .....I went through a Foolish , temporary period of a Loss Of Faith....Big Difference...

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I am just keying off the second part of that scripture which implies that they are saved, but will fall from grace if allowed to continue

"so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord."
...Or that he already has fallen from grace and needs to be brought to repentance in a crucifying of the flesh so that he can be saved when Jesus comes back. He won't be saved if that doesn't happen. That much seems to be clear. Whether or not he is a saved person who belongs to Christ at that moment of being turned over to satan is not clear, IMO.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A guy that cheats on his taxes is not “ unfaithful”..... he is a Sinner committing a sin....God will Chastise him for it....somebody that is “ unfaithful “ has lost a Faith he once had, God will Remain Faithful to that man who has fallen into Error.....The man that “ Disowns “ God has been a constant, consistent denier of the Gospel.....
My best Friend has NEVER been a Believer.....As said in the Bible, The Gospel is “ foolishness” to him......he is Lost and will remain Lost if he never Changes his mind about the Gospel ( Salvational Repentance )
I have been a Believer since my youth, but in college I “ fell into Error” and lost my Faith...Gid brought me back to Faith.....I have been Saved all along.....

My friend was and is a Disowner.... I wasn’t .....I went through a Foolish , temporary period of a Loss Of Faith....Big Difference...
Naw, you're describing a person who disowned Christ. By your own admission you lost your faith in Christ, not just sinned while continuing to believe in him. Thank God you didn't reject his attempts to bring you back from your decision to disown him. If you had the day would have come when God would not allow you to come back. But as it is, you heeded his call. Praise God.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is an argument that denies man's responsibility to repent of his sins and implies that a man will go to heaven as a worker / doer of iniquity, which is an unbiblical concept

It would be my contention that you are mistaken, “ going out the Gate”....

The only “ responsibility” a man has to God is to “ Believe” the Gospel ( not just anything that “ sounds” Holy—- it is Specific— 1Cor15:1-4 )

Of course, as in the case of Lydia, “the Seller Of Purple”, God has to “ open your heart” to the reception of that Gospel......

If you mean by that “ Repenting Of Sins”, a person must Stop Sinning” in order to be made “ for Heaven”......well, that ain’t gonna happen.....did you remember to “ pluck out your eye” the last time it caused you to sin? Have you sold all of your belongings to give to the poor? I though not— and the list goes on....

This side of Heaven, no man with a Body Of Flesh will obtain the life of “ Sinless Perfection” that he strives for because he sadly and mistakenly thinks that the “ Sermon on the Mount” was the System for ...... the Gospel Of Paul, given to him by Jesus personally is the “ System” this Side Of The Cross.....we Believe it “ unto Salvation”

Trying and failing to keep The 613 Commandments ( not just 10), or trying to obey the Impossible Standards set by the Sermon on the Mount ( which was the Ten Commandments on STEROIDS!) was not God's System to get anybody Saved.....it was HIS WAY to get you to give up on all attempts to become Fit For Heaven other than throwing yourself upon His Mercy and Grace and “ Turning to Him (the only type of “ Repentance” that plays a part in Salvation) as a Lost Sinner , and putting your Faith in Jesus Christ...... God says that if you will simply do “ that”......He will “ Save you to the UTTERMOST!”——- that’s good enough fo me!
Even if one “ could” eradicate all of the sin from their lives, where would that leave a person? They would become keepers of the Law...”and by the Keeping of the Law , NO FLESH shall be JUSTIFIED!”

I suggest we all get “ Justified” ( viewed by God as if we had never sinned) by doing ONE THING that we should KNOW will GET a guy Justified .......check out the evil Tax Collector ( Luke 18:9) what did he do ? With a Contrite Heart ( you got that Yet by listening to the Sermon on the Mount and getting your Heart Convicted by the Holy Spirit?) he cried out , “ Lord, have Mercy on me a Sinner!” Jesus said that man was” Justified”......it worked for the Publican.....it worked for me...... it will work for you.....

The important “ Take-Away” from all of this is that we don't have to “ clean ourselves up “ and invite Jesus in to get Saved.....We Invite Him “ IN” , and “ HE” does the cleaning.....Will you Trust Him to do that? THAT is Faith. Give God the Trust He Desires and in turn, He will give you EVERYTHiNG ! “ Turn to Me ( repentance That Saves) and I will Turn to You......it’s just that simple..... God bless....