Tares Reveal Themselves by what they DON’T Say...And They Are With us Here .How to Identify Them...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I really am truly having a most difficult dilemma with the... do I stay... or do I go... I think the fact that the only alternative for me is...
If I go... I am BACK to being all alone... which is fine... but for some reason.... my heart seems to be nagging at me that I am missing something...
I have gotten caught up in the ARGUING threads.... and I have experienced that even when I speak CLEARLY... there is someone to come in and twist my words... These people seem to be dominating the forums... the bullies... and the arrogant ones... They spoil the soup...

Anyways... I still have not decided what I am going to do.... or how I could be of service to this place... in a way that would actually mean something... I am in communication with a few people and I have been encouraging them. I like your idea.

@Addy I have felt much the same as you recently and hate the long, drawn out 'discussions' that get nobody anywhere - round and round in circles. There are too many bullies on here, trying to 'put us all right' because they are 'clever' and 'knowledgeable'. They don't want to get into real conversations but just to preach at the rest of us who are wrong in everything we post.

My own solution has been mainly to steer clear of the bully brigade and only join a thread that is more positive than negative and also start my own posts - but you know from experience how that can turn out. I need the fellowship of people like you @Addy so please don't go.

Reactions: Addy

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
..many people have fruits that are very difficult to see.....that INTERNAL stuff like “ patience, Joy, self control, etc”
No, that's just not true. The anomaly in this world is the person who is patient, and joyful, and kind, and generous, and forgiving. They stick out like a sore thumb in this world. But even if they aren't so apparent they can't be for long......

good deeds are obvious, and even the ones that are inconspicuous cannot remain hidden. 1 Timothy 5:25

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
while many times the “ self-Righteous” Fruit inspector is preoccupied with whether or not the poor , struggling Newbie is snuffing out His cigarette....
For one, if fruit inspectors are self righteous, then I guess Jesus was telling us to be self righteous fruit inspectors.....

By their fruit you will recognize them. Matthew 7:16

Secondly, you're getting a little closer with the cigarette thing to understand what legalism is really all about. Remember, legalists are all about the externals trappings of Christianity, not the fruit of the Spirit.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Taking what “ should “ happen and turning it into something that “ must “ happen.....THAT is what is at the heart of Legalism.....allow me to show an example....
No, that is not the definition of legalism. If it is, Paul is telling us to be legalistic....

“Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord must turn away from iniquity.” 2 Timothy 2:19

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I say that because “ I” have it, you MUST have it too in order to be Saved like I am —— THAT is where one crosses the line....THAT is where one becomes a Legalist.....
Only if they mean that what they have that you must have actually makes a person righteous. That point is a defining characteristic of the legalist. You really need to reevaluate your thinking about what constitutes a legalist. Bearing fruit and inspecting fruit, and saying you must not have dead faith is not the definition of a self righteous legalist.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just so you know, I have not leveled against you anything that you didn't level against me first. Not saying that what I did was right; just that I did not do it in hatred but only in self-defense (for they say that a good defense is a good offense)

And of course, I could say the same things about myself in regard to my responses to you.....so there ya go.....now what......lol.....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unbelievers go to Heaven? OSAS is a very strange unBiblical doctrine and quite flexible to suit OSASers.

A man that is an Unbeliever his entire life....a man who has heard the gospel and rejected it over and over until his death is Lost —no question....

And I know it flies in the face of Common Sense and goes against all human reasoning ....it does not even make sense to “ ME” that a man could die in a state of Unbelief and be Saved.....BUT.....I just can’t get by 2 Tim 2:13.....” If we are faithless, He remains Faithful”.......

I think their exists the possibility that the Grace Of God is actually More “ AMAZING “ than we ever dreamed....I would not bet against it..

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So many people read the Bible attempting to prove what they already believe or want to believe. That is the rule with this new denomination...most everything is based on socially acceptable beliefs...politically correct. And right now it is worse than it has ever been because there is little respect for civil laws or law enforcement and they are even wanting to shutdown prisons. So it would follow suit that a religion that caters to the social masses would have little regard to morality or the consequences to sin.

When you go to the Bible, you might consider that is there to teach us things.

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
..I just wonder If “ Righteous Anger” is a type of “Fruit” —- because I got that also....” Spreaders Of Leaven” seem to bring it out of me”..... and for “ That” I don’t apologize......It makes me “God-Like” because I GUARANTEE that God Hates Leaven too.....
Righteous anger makes you "God-Like"?

...man’s anger does not bring about the righteousness that God desires. James 1:24

There's so many things you've missed in your 40 years of Bible knowledge! How can this be? Obviously, you've been sitting under the wrong teachers. You strike me as someone who does not read the Bible.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Righteous anger makes you "God-Like"?

...man’s anger does not bring about the righteousness that God desires. James 1:24

There's so many things you've missed in your 40 years of Bible knowledge! How can this be? Obviously, you've been sitting under the wrong teachers. You strike me as someone who does not read the Bible.
I believe i have seen some even say , READING the bible is dangerous . This generation is tanked .
They have bought the lie that we need to listen to these world wise men with agendas to be able to understand the bible .
NOPE .
IF one has the SPIRIT , rest assured the SPIRIT who INSPIRED and IS TRUTH , yeah we can learn for ourselves .
This gen , aka generation is tanked my friend . We must not only double down on all reminders , warnings and encouragments ,
but we must triple down . Do not let this generation come to a savoir who feeds the flesh . Dont let it come to an acroynm
INSTEAD let it come to the BIBLCAL JESUS . Examples for evangelism , LOOK at peter , look at paul , look at stephen even .
DO todays men sound anything like that . NO THEY DONT . NO THEY DONT and I WILL NOT HEED THEM .
SOULS are at stake , thus let us teach the original biblical gospel and all the original biblical pattern which indeed keeps one edified .

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just so you know, I have not leveled against you anything that you didn't level against me first. Not saying that what I did was right; just that I did not do it in hatred but only in self-defense (for they say that a good defense is a good offense)

And of course, I could say the same things about myself in regard to my responses to you.....so there ya go.....now what......lol.....

No, that would be a lie. You called my gospel false and perverted when I had not ever leveled such an accusation against you to call you a false teacher in the same manner.

...it does not even make sense to “ ME” that a man could die in a state of Unbelief and be Saved.....BUT.....I just can’t get by 2 Tim 2:13.....” If we are faithless, He remains Faithful”...

Forgetting the fact that if we DENY HIM HE WILL DENY US .

Which is what it says in the context of the verse in question (2 Timothy 2:12).

I believe i have seen some even say , READING the bible is dangerous .

And, Micah 2:7 is the verse that I would bring up over and about that little tidbit of heresy.

Last edited:
Reactions: amigo de christo

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
quench not the Spirit . aka , DO NOT PUT OUT the SPIRIT . Sin is deadly and it sure will harden a heart big time .
"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." Matt 5:14-16

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hey Dude! How the ______are ya!
Don't think it is a matter of forgiveness...

When theyre biting at one another, and/or holding grievances, i think that forgiveness is the only way to start...

As for their underlying dispute, how indeed do they settle it and move on together? Can no one adjudicate?
Who's authority do they recognize to arbitrate?

Peace!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When theyre biting at one another, and/or holding grievances, i think that forgiveness is the only way to start...

As for their underlying dispute, how indeed do they settle it and move on together? Can no one adjudicate?
Who's authority do they recognize to arbitrate?

Peace!

Oh JBF is not going to hate anybody.

Reactions: Philip James

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." Matt 5:14-16

Let the LORD be PRAISED . Thats right , all praise to the Lord . Sing to the Lord my friend . Sing to the King .
OH let it shine , praise the LORD , let it shine . Let all that has breath praise the LORD .