"That Wicked" has problems!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You need to rethink that. You are saying that a building structure is where God would rather dwell, than within His people!

God the Father and the Son will dwell at the center of the New Jerusalem and be the source of its light. Will the New Jerusalem not be a structure?

Reactions: Enoch111

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Judgment on Israel was imminent when Isaiah prophesied the judgment that would soon be occurring. But God also announced through His prophet (Isaiah 49:13-17) that a nursing mother could forget about her baby before He could forget Israel. He said, in fact, that He had engraved their names on the palms of His hands and that He would one day return them to their land.
For those Jews who died in faith, they received the Gift of that "Promise" on the day of Pentecost, being under the altar in the 5th seal. They are in Paradise with Jesus, resting and waiting to be resurrected in to His Likeness.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God the Father and the Son will dwell at the center of the New Jerusalem and be the source of its light. Will the New Jerusalem not be a structure?
No! We ARE the New Jerusalem! Are you/we not at this moment seated in Heavenly places.
Eph. 2[6] And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not just a structure but an AMAZING CITY the size of a continent! No one can even imagine the glory and beauty of the New Jerusalem, which is the eternal home of the saints, and the dwelling place of God and of the Lamb.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you your house? If not then the saints are not the New Jerusalem.

Things are getting really absurd around here.
Where does God the Father and God the Son desire to dwell?
Some clues:
John 14[23] Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
Luke 17[20] And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Luke 17[21] Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

John 14[17] Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are we not the Lord's House, the place of His Dwelling? Surely you don't think it's a literal building made with hands! Isa. 55:8-9
And if the Lord Dwells within each of us, who are born again of His Spirit, is not the Glory of the Lord Himself within us? And if then He Himself is within us, is there anything else that is more beautiful and lovely than God Himself?
Since we are the BODY of Christ,
I dare say, that because of Jesus, WE ARE the many mansions in His Father's House, the place of His dwelling.
Eph. 4[15] But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
[16] From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Peter 2
[5] Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
1 Peter 4[17] For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1 Peter 2
[5] Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
1 Peter 4[17] For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

One of the first rules of proper Bible interpretation is that the text should always be taken literally, unless to do so, produces an absurdity. The Book of Revelation is specific as to the measurements of the New Jerusalem which comes down out of heaven at the end of the Final Judgment. The text refers to it as "the holy city" (Revelation 21:2). So, we are supposed to believe that the saints will be stacked one on top of another in a stack 1,400 miles high and 1,400 miles square? (The actual measurement recorded in the text is in "stadia" but converted to miles, that is what it is).

Really, Earburner, you should read the description of the New Jerusalem in Revelation 21 and 22 and you will know that it is a real place wherein God's immortal children will live throughout eternity, with God the Father and the Lamb.

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1.One of the first rules of proper Bible interpretation is that the text should always be taken literally, unless to do so, produces an absurdity.

2. The Book of Revelation is specific as to the measurements of the New Jerusalem which comes down out of heaven at the end of the Final Judgment.

3. The text refers to it as "the holy city" (Revelation 21:2). So, we are supposed to believe that the saints will be stacked one on top of another in a stack 1,400 miles high and 1,400 miles square? (The actual measurement recorded in the text is in "stadia" but converted to miles, that is what it is).

4. Really, Earburner, you should read the description of the New Jerusalem in Revelation 21 and 22 and you will know that it is a real place wherein God's immortal children will live throughout eternity, with God the Father and the Lamb.
1. The first rule of proper Bible interpretation is
To learn how to:
Prov. 3[5] Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Allow Him to apply His OWN understanding of His OWN words:
Isa. 55:8[8] For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
And wait for His Guidance:
John 16[13] Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
2. Yes, that is what John saw in His vision.
Daniel had similar visions, of which the angel Gabriel had to interpret to him.
Today, we have the permanency of God's indwellin Holy Spirit, which is the Mind of Christ.
3. Yes, I agree we are quite "compacted" together in Christ!! I repeat what I previously referenced:
Eph. 4[16] From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
4. We, who are born again, have entered into the KoG, and are made to sit in "real" Heavenly places in Christ Jesus.
We are the Temple of God, individually and collectively, aka Heavenly Jerusalem, The City of God.
Ezk. 38[11] And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates,
Now, do you know why there are villages without walls, no bars or gates?
Ans. There are no literal buildings, mansions or rooms of any kind with God!
The focus is not about WHERE we will dwell with God, but rather to know that He who needs no buildings, walls or gates, NOW permanently dwells within us!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To learn how to:
Prov. 3[5] Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Isa. 55:8[8] For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
John 16[13] Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
2. Yes, that is what John saw in His vision.
Daniel had similar visions, of which the angel Gabriel had to interpret to him.
Today, we have the permanency of God's indwellin Holy Spirit, which is the Mind of Christ.
3. Yes, I agree we are quite "compacted" together in Christ!! I repeat what I previously referenced:
Eph. 4[16] From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
4. We, who are born again, have entered into the KoG, and are made to sit in "real" Heavenly places in Christ Jesus.
We are the Temple of God, individually and collectively, aka Heavenly Jerusalem, The City of God.
Ezk. 38[11] And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates,
Now, do you know why there are villages without walls, no bars or gates?
Ans. There are no literal buildings, mansions or rooms of any kind with God!
The focus is not about WHERE we will dwell with God, but rather to know that He who needs no buildings, walls or gates, NOW permanently dwells within us!

Greek: μυστήριον
Transliteration: mustērion
Pronunciation: moos-tay'-ree-on
Definition: From a derivative of μύω muō (to shut the mouth); a secret or mystery (through the idea of silence imposed by initiation into religious rites): - mystery.
KJV Usage: mystery (27x).

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
To learn how to:

What makes you think that I haven't? We are also to seek to accommodate ALL relevant Scripture in our interpretations. We really aren't supposed to cherry-pick our favorite Scriptures to "prove" our point. I guess, in your case, that would be that you are trying to prove that the Church has replaced Israel. And you will NEVER convince me of that because Scripture itself shows that replacement theology is false. All of the OT prophets spoke of a coming Kingdom age for Israel and they were NOT made null and void because they were not predicated on obedience. God said that He would cause them to obey Him through His giving them the Holy Spirit in the end. There is barely a mention of the Millennial Kingdom in the New Testament but what there is (Acts 1:6) supports the idea of the Millennial Kingdom for Israel and not your notion of the Church replacing Israel.

Which I have. I didn't just come to this conclusion yesterday, you know.

Now THAT is simply absurd. You want me (and anyone reading this) to believe that we will all be glued together--and somehow fastened to Our Lord in the same way, throughout all eternity? Ridiculous.
Spiritually, yes, I agree we are seated in Christ's Spiritual Kingdom.

THAT is the earthly Jerusalem which is being referenced. Do you really believe that God is going to allow His heavenly New Jerusalem to be invaded by Satanic marauders?? The New Jerusalem is where immortal children of God will live. How would it be possible for Gog to "destroy" them as they are living in peace in their "land"? Please read ALL of the Book of Ezekiel. If you can, read it without any preconceived theology.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Conspiracy fact. The Vatican has always been a hotbed of conspiracy. The Jesuits are dedicated to wiping out Protestant Christianity and they say that they will murder those who oppose them--right in their Jesuit oath! They use overt and covert means to do so. There are elements in the Roman hierarchy who worship God's enemy, Satan. Their Paul VI audience hall announces to the world that they worship the serpent. This information about Satanism at the Vatican has come from priests who have been assigned to the Vatican.
God turns a blind eye to sincere Catholics until they hear the message to "come out of her, my people" - but for those who deliberately despise the truth of God...they have much to fear in the coming Judgment!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then, the claim of the RCC being the true church, is false, because the SDA claim to be the true church!
The claim of the RCC being the true church is false because it does not fit the criteria of the last day "remnant" church which those verses in Revelation 12 and 14 establish. There's only two worldwide churches that exist and only one of them qualifies :)

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God turns a blind eye to sincere Catholics until they hear the message to "come out of her, my people" - but for those who deliberately despise the truth of God...they have much to fear in the coming Judgment!
You don't understand!
Every person who is Born Again, have obeyed "come out of her my people".
Whosoever does not have the Spirit of Christ, is none of His. Rom. 8:9

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you your house? If not then the saints are not the New Jerusalem.

Things are getting really absurd around here.

Assuming you are right and things really are getting absurd around here. 2 Corinthians 5:1-4 still tells the tabernacle —the building of God—the House of God made without hands ...is the people of God ...His body, His temple, His Habitation, His House... “For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. [2] For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven: [3] If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked. [4] For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.”

So any way you look at it the Habitation of God, the House of God is the people. Even if you choose to stay with some future building up of God’s House, the New Spiritual Temple of God...the House of God coming down from Heaven or above all will still rest on the people as the Land ...the city on a Hill. “...not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon...” from on High...mortality swallowed up of Life. The people are still the object of God’s eye and affection.1 Corinthians 13:4-8 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, [5] Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; [6] Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; [7] Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. [8] Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

1 Corinthians 13:13
[13] And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

2 Corinthians 9:10
[10] Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness;)

Philippians 1:11
[11] Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Reactions: Earburner

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So any way you look at it the Habitation of God, the House of God is the people.
That does not give anyone the liberty to call the people the New Jerusalem, which is a city to house the people of God. Especially when God is the builder and maker of that city.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. What makes you think that I haven't? We are also to seek to accommodate ALL relevant Scripture in our interpretations. We really aren't supposed to cherry-pick our favorite Scriptures to "prove" our point. I guess, in your case, that would be that you are trying to prove that the Church has replaced Israel. And you will NEVER convince me of that because Scripture itself shows that replacement theology is false. All of the OT prophets spoke of a coming Kingdom age for Israel and they were NOT made null and void because they were not predicated on obedience.

2. God said that He would cause them to obey Him through His giving them the Holy Spirit in the end. There is barely a mention of the Millennial Kingdom in the New Testament but what there is (Acts 1:6) supports the idea of the Millennial Kingdom for Israel and not your notion of the Church replacing Israel.

3. Now THAT is simply absurd. You want me (and anyone reading this) to believe that we will all be glued together--and somehow fastened to Our Lord in the same way, throughout all eternity? Ridiculous.
Spiritually, yes, I agree we are seated in Christ's Spiritual Kingdom.

4. THAT is the earthly Jerusalem which is being referenced. Do you really believe that God is going to allow His heavenly New Jerusalem to be invaded by Satanic marauders?? The New Jerusalem is where immortal children of God will live.

5. How would it be possible for Gog to "destroy" them as they are living in peace in their "land"? Please read ALL of the Book of Ezekiel. If you can, read it without any preconceived theology.
1. I can't convince you of the truth. Only the Holy Spirit can, but that would mean that you would have to abide by ONLY what the Holy Spirit shows you, of God's thoughts about His OWN words. That means not listening to the denominational teachings of men, and all their "religious" commentaries through the same.
2. Question: Is the KoG with Israel now?
Ans. Nope! And it never will be again!!

Acts 1:6 was a question. Jesus never said Yes or No!
But, He did point to them of HOW THEY CAN BE RESTORED (*graffed back into) the KoG, in Acts 1[7] And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
[8] But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
*Note- Romans 11[23] And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.
[32] For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he that he might have mercy upon all.
> That TIME for mercy upon all, IS NOW, and not in any fictitious, man made "Millennium", fabricated from OT prophecies, that are defunct!
God is no respecter of persons!!
3. The True symbolism is given, as to how all our appendages are attached in our physical bodies.
In likeness to His Spiritual Self, we are each, spiritually (by His indwelling of the Holy Spirit) the members of the body of Christ.
Once again, read- Isa. 55:8-9, and do not lean unto thine own understanding!
4. God/Jesus is not coming back to or for "Jerusalem which now is".
In His mind, Jerusalem was destroyed in 70AD by His judgment. What you and all see now, has been manipulated and created by the Rothchild's and the Illuminati. It was done for their concept, for their millennium. Yes! Satan is out there, creating his own view for a Millennium, and if you are not careful, you just might be believing it!!
5. Apart from a remnant, out of each generation, through Acts 1:8, when and how is the country of Israel turned back to God, through faith in Jesus?
They have not, and therefore they are "none of His".

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That does not give anyone the liberty to call the people the New Jerusalem, which is a city to house the people of God. Especially when God is the builder and maker of that city.

Hebrews 11:10
[10] For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

here is the foundation that “growth” up unto a holy temple and habitation of God. Whatever temple you wait for the building of...how can one remove what is already being built (grown)up on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself the chief corner stone? Ephesians 2:18-22
[18] For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. [19] Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; [20] And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone ; [21] In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: [22] In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 5:4
[4] For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

2 Corinthians 5:2-4
[2] For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven: [3] If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked. [4] For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

...Clothed upon with a House...the same Habitation being already built up in Christ which groweth to the full stature of “a New Man”. This House of God from above has to rest upon this already being built up House of God with its sure foundation which can’t be shaken. How does one remove the House of God from its foundation of the Apostles and the prophets with Christ as the chief corner and claim what man builds a new temple and this new temple we wait for will be God’s temple when He has already said He maketh One already in Christ... “whose builder and maker is God.” The temple —House of God—the Habitation of God ...made without hands?

What foundation did he look for if not the foundation of the Apostles and the prophets with Jesus Christ as the chief corner? They are either “clothed upon” with a House from above or wait for man to build up again what God has already brought down to the ground, and begun to rebuild(built ANEW) the waste places in Him that restored paths to dwell in and repaired the breach. Isaiah 58:12
[12] And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.