"That Wicked" has problems!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Age of Grace did begin on Pentecost--I agree. But Scripture definitely says that there will be a time between the Age of Grace and the End. And that is the Millennium.
OK, now do you believe that in God's mind, there is a date, or an event that ends the Age of God's Grace?
This is not a trick question.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, congratulations on having your Church of the "Earburner". :rolleyes:
On the contrary! You should consider the fact that now, you will eventually find holes in all the topics of your belief system, starting with the foolish and fictitious belief, in a one man band, miracle man, that THEY all love to call "THE" Anti-Christ.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
OK, now do you believe that in God's mind, there is a date, or an event that ends the Age of God's Grace?

Yes--I have always believed that would be on the day of the departure of the Bride, in the Rapture. I still do. In some ways, I think the "Church Age" would be a more appropriate title. Grace has ALWAYS been available--it certainly was with the OT saints. How many times did they sin--some egregiously so (King David) and yet, God forgave them?

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
On the contrary! You should consider the fact that now, you will eventually find holes in all the topics of your belief system, starting with the foolish and fictitious belief, in a one man band, miracle man, that THEY all love to call "THE" Anti-Christ.

I always figured that Satan has probably had a candidate for "Antichrist" in every generation since the beginning of the Church Age--since he is not omniscient and he has never known when the Lord would say, "Time's up!"

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes--I have always believed that would be on the day of the departure of the Bride, in the Rapture. I still do. In some ways, I think the "Church Age" would be a more appropriate title. Grace has ALWAYS been available--it certainly was with the OT saints. How many times did they sin--some egregiously so (King David) and yet, God forgave them?
I can certainly understand the use of the words "Church Age", but there are two factors that were missing under the OLD Covenant, that were fulfilled in the New!
1. Only by the Blood of Christ, shall sins be removed.
2. For first time since Pentecost, because of Christ's shed Blood being able to remove sin, the Holy Spirit of God can NOW take up permanent residence in the believer, whereas prior, all He could do was "visit upon them" for a short stay.
That is "The Promise" that the OC saints hoped for.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always figured that Satan has probably had a candidate for "Antichrist" in every generation since the beginning of the Church Age--since he is not omniscient and he has never known when the Lord would say, "Time's up!"
Satan (the strong man) was bound "in chains of darkness" by Jesus' sacrifice, and was cast down onto this earth, aka "the bottomless pit (grave)", the place of his unending death.
>> "chains of darkness", aka removed from light of God's knowledge.
Yes, satan knows nothing of what is going in Heaven, or the plans of God for Jesus' sudden return in flaming fire.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Earburner said:

LCT replied:
Yes--I have always believed that would be on the day of the departure of the Bride, in the Rapture.
EB's reply:
Have you considered the depth of these words, as being the event, that shall cause the end the "Church Age" of God's Grace:

2 Thes. 2[3] Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day [of Christ's return] shall not come, except there come a falling away [from faith] first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
Please recall what Jesus said about faith:
Luke 18[8] I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I can certainly understand the use of the words "Church Age", but there are two factors that were missing under the OLD Covenant, that were fulfilled in the New!
1. Only by the Blood of Christ, shall sins be removed.
2. For first time since Pentecost, because of Christ's shed Blood being able to remove sin, the Holy Spirit of God can NOW take up permanent residence in the believer, whereas prior, all He could do was "visit upon them" for a short stay.
That is "The Promise" that the OC saints hoped for.

1) I think many of the OT saints understood that "the blood of bulls and goats can not take away sin". The prophets understood that the "Lamb of God" would one day come and take away their sin. Jesus said, "Abraham looked forward to my day and was glad."
2) I agree that the permanent indwelling of the Holy Spirit is reserved for those in the Church. That in OT times, the Holy Spirit was on, around and worked through them, but was not in them.

I have spoken with a number of Jewish-Christians and done a lot of reading by Jewish-Christian authors and to a one, they all confirm that the ancient sages taught that there would be TWO Messiahs. Messiah Ben Joseph and Messiah Ben David. The first would bring the children of Israel back to God as the "Suffering Servant" of Isaiah 53. And the second would be the "Conquering King" who would bring the longed-for Kingdom to Israel. They didn't know that it would be one Messiah who would visit Israel twice. When many Jews were leaving the synagogues after the destruction of the Temple in 70 A.D. the rabbis changed the interpretation of Isaiah 53 to be that Israel was the suffering servant (which makes no sense at all) but Jews feared the loss of their community so they stayed with the rabbinical system.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Satan (the strong man) was bound "in chains of darkness" by Jesus' sacrifice, and was cast down onto this earth, aka "the bottomless pit (grave)", the place of his unending death.
>> "chains of darkness", aka removed from light of God's knowledge.

Then, why does Paul say that Satan is "the god of this world" (2 Corinthians 4:4)? I understand that he has no spiritual power over Christians, but how can anyone deny that he is still acting in this world and blinding the eyes of "the sons of disobedience"?

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
EB's reply:
Have you considered the depth of these words, as being the event, that shall cause the end the "Church Age" of God's Grace: 2 Thes. 2[3] Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day [of Christ's return] shall not come, except there come a falling away [from faith] first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;"
The Greek word, apostasia is used in that passage and it can also mean an actual physical departure. The departure of the Church could be what Paul was talking about in addition to a falling away from the faith. It could have a double meaning.
Please recall what Jesus said about faith:
Luke 18[8] I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

I think that the Lord may have been speaking of the Jews. The Church will be gone from the earth when Jesus returns to throw the Antichrist and the False Prophet into the Lake of Fire and bind Satan in the "bottomless pit".

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Age of Grace did begin on Pentecost--I agree. But Scripture definitely says that there will be a time between the Age of Grace and the End. And that is the Millennium.
OK, I will go that route, but with my understanding of what the 1000 years symbolizes.
In regards to the book of Rev., the logical and analytical way of "the natural man", "that man of sin", always tries to read that prophecy in chronological order, but never attempts to read it as "clear over lays". In studying Rev. that way, we will be able to see how the mind of God/Christ thinks, as opposed to our way of thinking. It's not an easy task, because in that way of reading, we must allow the Mind of His Holy Spirit to speak to us, and not that of ourselves.
Rev. 20[1] And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain (chains of darkness) in his hand.
[2] And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound (Mat. 12:29- Jesus to "bind " the strong man") him a thousand years (symbolizing the beginning of the Age of Grace, on the Day of Pentecost.)
[3] And cast him into the bottomless pit (this earth), and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years (Age of Grace) should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

[4] And I saw thrones (in heavenly places), and they (born again Christians now) sat upon them (we are made to sit together in heavenly places), and judgment (the judgment-John 3:18) was given unto them (ambassadors for Christ):
and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus,- (the early Church age)

and (beheaded) for the word of God,- (the middle church age)

and (those beheaded) which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands;- (the End church age)

and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years (during the Age of Grace; born again Saints do NOW live with God spirtually, and are Alive/quickened WITH God within us. Also, we reign with Christ in the Age of Grace, but not over others).

[5] But the rest of the dead (those who are dead/died in Christ) lived not again until the thousand years (Age of Grace) were finished. This is the first resurrection.

[6] Blessed and holy is he that hath part (present tense) in (Jesus, who IS) the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ (during the Age of Grace) and shall reign with him a thousand years (during the Age of Grace).

[7] And when the thousand years (the Age of Grace) are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison (ever since the 1800s, technology has consumed the world. In a mere 200+/- years, we have gone from literal horse power to rocket power, surveying the Solar System. IOWs, for at least 6000 years, Man has proved that he is not that brilliant on his own, unless there was another "brilliant" influence.)

[8] And [satan] shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
(Ever since WW1, war on a global scale is now possible by the push of a button.)

[9] And they went up on the breadth (all) of the earth, and compassed the *camp of the saints about (encircled), and the beloved city (we ARE the Heavenly Jerusalem): and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them (the sudden return of Jesus in flaming fire).

* Note: a camp is a temporary dwelling place, which is symbolic of we living in our fleshly bodies, until the Lord returns to change us (in a flash, in a millisecond) into the immortality of His likeness.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW, in reference to Jesus binding the strong man, Mat. 12:29, what/who are "his goods" (of Satan) that Jesus was going to spoil?
Can you guess?

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1) I think many of the OT saints understood that "the blood of bulls and goats can not take away sin". The prophets understood that the "Lamb of God" would one day come and take away their sin. Jesus said, "Abraham looked forward to my day and was glad."
2) I agree that the permanent indwelling of the Holy Spirit is reserved for those in the Church. That in OT times, the Holy Spirit was on, around and worked through them, but was not in them.

I have spoken with a number of Jewish-Christians and done a lot of reading by Jewish-Christian authors and to a one, they all confirm that the ancient sages taught that there would be TWO Messiahs. Messiah Ben Joseph and Messiah Ben David. The first would bring the children of Israel back to God as the "Suffering Servant" of Isaiah 53. And the second would be the "Conquering King" who would bring the longed-for Kingdom to Israel. They didn't know that it would be one Messiah who would visit Israel twice. When many Jews were leaving the synagogues after the destruction of the Temple in 70 A.D. the rabbis changed the interpretation of Isaiah 53 to be that Israel was the suffering servant (which makes no sense at all) but Jews feared the loss of their community so they stayed with the rabbinical system.
I have read and learned the same as you!
I agree! That is exactly how they think they understand Messiah. I knew of a Jew who believed that Israel was the suffering servant, the Messiah.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2) I agree that the permanent indwelling of the Holy Spirit is reserved for those in the Church. That in OT times, the Holy Spirit was on, around and worked through them, but was not in them
Amen!!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then, why does Paul say that Satan is "the god of this world" (2 Corinthians 4:4)? I understand that he has no spiritual power over Christians, but how can anyone deny that he is still acting in this world and blinding the eyes of "the sons of disobedience"?
I do believe, if we go back in history at least 300 years, in the1700s, we will find that living as a Pioneer in the wilderness, of traveling slowly, on no tarred roads, no planes, trains and automobiles, and no distant communications, life by and large was very simple, and focused around the local community and church functions.
Yes! I can see and know, that satan has already been loosed!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Greek word, apostasia is used in that passage and it can also mean an actual physical departure. The departure of the Church could be what Paul was talking about in addition to a falling away from the faith. It could have a double meaning.

I think that the Lord may have been speaking of the Jews. The Church will be gone from the earth when Jesus returns to throw the Antichrist and the False Prophet into the Lake of Fire and bind Satan in the "bottomless pit".
The origin of faith in God is this: Heb. 11[6] But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

When did Jesus "bind the strong man", and begin spoiling the strong man's "goods"?

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As for Heb. 11:16, there will be an event, orchestrated by satan through men, whereby faith in God for sustenance and guidance, will be replaced by having confidence and dependence on the MoB,
which will provide FREE digital money (cryptocurrency), deposited directly into your bank account, aka "Universal Basic Income" (UBI), of which has been endorsed by
the Sec. Gen. of the UN,
which is "the image of the beast" .

I REPEAT: the MoB will be global and non-religious, and shall cause there to be "a falling away" (from faith), of which is the precursor of the Lord's return in flaming fire! 2 Thes. 2:3

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know that most Christians live/follow after the "religiosity" of their religious denomination, and perceive the prophetic events, that are to come, to be "religious" in nature ONLY? It's true!

Therefore, whether they agree with me or not, the minute they hear of something being said, concerning the prophetic, if it is not "biblical sounding" , they close their minds to it. That's Sad
Here is an update on UBI, and the number of countries who are experimenting with it on the level of a pilot program:
What happened to all the hype about Universal Basic Income?

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The origin of faith in God is this: Heb. 11[6] But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

When did Jesus "bind the strong man", and begin spoiling the strong man's "goods"?
So, in addition to the evidence to what Jesus said in Mat. 12:29, what do his words say to you, of HOW you believe of WHEN satan will be bound?
Is Jesus lying, or could it be that it is your doctrine of understanding, that's lying?
Remember:
"There can always be more than one lie, but there can never be more than one truth"- Earburner.