The answer of hell and its origins

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hell will be FILLED with people who don't believe in Hell. Don't follow Kingdom Hall to Hell Barney! They won't be able to help you on Judgment Day.

No Scripture? Of course not!
I believe you're the one who's following the wide road to eternal destruction Jack.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say at any time that God tortures people, I don't believe God is such a person. I asked a question, "Is it those that believe God tortures a unrighteous person for eternity or those that believe God punishes the unrighteous person with eternal death the ones who believes in a loving and merciful God?" Its a question, That's what I texted.
What I understand about the world I'm living in is that I know that there are many people who believe that when the scriptures say that God will throw Satan and his demons and those persons who are his followers into the lake of fire people believe that those thrown into the lake fire will be in literal pain from the fire forever. I'm not saying I agree with that, I'm just saying that's what I know what a lot of people believe.
I don't think Barney has ever read the Bible. I think Kingdom Hall is his bible. Notice how Barney avoids talking about Kingdom Hall? How long did you say you "studied" at Kingdom Hall? 30 years?

Reactions: The Learner

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Once again your accusations against the God of the Bible show you have no faith in Him nor His word.

Show the Scripture that says God tortures anyone. That is a false accusation against the Lamb of God, that is not written nor said by God in Scripture.

Neither does the God of the Bible, much less Himself doing so. Your accusation is false against Jesus Christ.

As you do on the God of Israel, since that is what you say He does, not just at a certain time but forever.

That's what you say, since you say He tortures people. God doesn't even torture rats. He never created anything to torture:

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

The god you're talking of is the devil and god of this world. You need to start believing the true God of Scripture.

Of course it is, but you keep trying anyway, by accusing God as being less merciful and more tortuous than you.

Not the God of the Bible whom you falsely accuse of doing. He does not torture anyone nor anything.
seems like you are saying ezackly what he is saying, only in disagreement? i dont get it
still awful early tho lol

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say at any time that God tortures people, I don't believe God is such a person. I asked a question, "Is it those that believe God tortures a unrighteous person for eternity or those that believe God punishes the unrighteous person with eternal death the ones who believes in a loving and merciful God?" Its a question, That's what I texted.
And you're the only one talking about the Lord Jesus Christ and God torturing people. Show In Scripture where it says God tortures people, then I'll believe it. Until then your suggestion that He does, is a false accusation against Him and His written word.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
seems like you are saying ezackly what he is saying, only in disagreement? i dont get it
still awful early tho lol

I don't agree God tortures any creature He makes, because the Bible does not say He does. I disagree with those who accuse Him of it by way of suggestion. God is not a torturer of any angel or man, and to suggest it is a hateful lie against Him and His written word, that world has been doing for thousands of years. And because of that lie, many souls have been lost to God.

Jesus Christ dying on the cross proves it is not God that would torture wicked man, but wicked man that would torture God.

Reactions: Patrick1966

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again your accusations against the God of the Bible show you have no faith in Him nor His word.

Show the Scripture that says God tortures anyone. That is a false accusation against the Lamb of God, that is not written nor said by God in Scripture.

Neither does the God of the Bible, much less Himself doing so. Your accusation is false against Jesus Christ.

As you do on the God of Israel, since that is what you say He does, not just at a certain time but forever.

That's what you say, since you say He tortures people. God doesn't even torture rats. He never created anything to torture:

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

The god you're talking of is the devil and god of this world. You need to start believing the true God of Scripture.

Of course it is, but you keep trying anyway, by accusing God as being less merciful and more tortuous than you.

Not the God of the Bible whom you falsely accuse of doing. He does not torture anyone nor anything.
I already shown from the chapters of Revelation God "tortures". Also Matthew 25:46 shows that too.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 6–7 – The Great Flood

Deuteronomy 4:36
Verse Concepts
Out of the heavens He let you hear His voice to discipline you; and on earth He let you see His great fire, and you heard His words from the midst of the fire.

Source: 73 Bible verses about Punishment, By God

Psalm 32:3-4
When I kept silent about my sin, my body wasted away
Through my groaning all day long.
For day and night Your hand was heavy upon me;
My vitality was drained away as with the fever heat of summer. Selah.

Psalm 118:18
Verse Concepts
The Lord has disciplined me severely,
But He has not given me over to death

Psalm 119:75
Verse Concepts
I know, O Lord, that Your judgments are righteous,
And that in faithfulness You have afflicted me.

Leviticus 10:1-3
Now Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took their respective firepans, and after putting fire in them, placed incense on it and offered strange fire before the Lord, which He had not commanded them. And fire came out from the presence of the Lord and consumed them, and they died before the Lord. Then Moses said to Aaron, “It is what the Lord spoke, saying,
‘By those who come near Me I will be treated as holy,
And before all the people I will be honored.’”
So Aaron, therefore, kept silent.

Numbers 11:1-3
Now the people became like those who complain of adversity in the hearing of the Lord; and when the Lord heard it, His anger was kindled, and the fire of the Lord burned among them and consumed some of the outskirts of the camp. The people therefore cried out to Moses, and Moses prayed to the Lord and the fire died out. So the name of that place was called Taberah, because the fire of the Lord burned among them.

Remember what God did to many in the Wilderness.

2 Samuel 6:6-8
But when they came to the threshing floor of Nacon, Uzzah reached out toward the ark of God and took hold of it, for the oxen nearly upset it. And the anger of the Lord burned against Uzzah, and God struck him down there for his irreverence; and he died there by the ark of God. David became angry because of the Lord’s outburst against Uzzah, and that place is called Perez-uzzah to this day.

Reactions: Illuminator

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Chronicles 13:9-11
When they came to the threshing floor of Chidon, Uzza put out his hand to hold the ark, because the oxen nearly upset it. The anger of the Lord burned against Uzza, so He struck him down because he put out his hand to the ark; and he died there before God. Then David became angry because of the Lord’s outburst against Uzza; and he called that place Perez-uzza to this day.

Romans 1:18
Verse Concepts
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,

Isaiah 13:11
Verse Concepts
Thus I will punish the world for its evil
And the wicked for their iniquity;
I will also put an end to the arrogance of the proud
And abase the haughtiness of the ruthless.

Isaiah 26:21
Verse Concepts
For behold, the Lord is about to come out from His place
To punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity;
And the earth will reveal her bloodshed
And will no longer cover her slain.

Isaiah 66:16
Verse Concepts
For the Lord will execute judgment by fire
And by His sword on all flesh,
And those slain by the Lord will be many.

Malachi 4:1
Verse Concepts
“For behold, the day is coming, burning like a furnace; and all the arrogant and every evildoer will be chaff; and the day that is coming will set them ablaze,” says the Lord of hosts, “so that it will leave them neither root nor branch.”

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know any more. Is hell a place or a metaphor for eternal destruction. Is it just a garbage dump? Gehenna?

Reactions: bbyrd009

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the “crimes” for which God prescribes the death penalty,
God’s anger and wrath in punishing his people, and
God’s command to the Israelites to commit genocide.

Divine retribution is often portrayed in the Tanak or Old Testament.

Genesis 3:14–24 – Curse upon Adam and Eve and expulsion from the Garden of Eden; Disobedience
Genesis 4:9–15 – Curse upon Cain after his slaying of his brother, Abel
Genesis 6–7 – The Great Flood; Rampant evil and Nephilim
Genesis 11:1–9 – The confusion of languages at the Tower of Babel; To scatter them over the Earth
Genesis 19:23–29 – Destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah; people of no redeeming value
Genesis 38:6–10 – Destruction of Er and Onan; wickedness in the Lord's sight
Exodus 7–14 – Plagues of Egypt; to establish his power over that of the gods of Egypt
Exodus 19:10–25 – Divine threatenings at Mount Sinai; warn that the mountain is off limits and holy
Exodus 32 – Plagues at the incident of the golden calf; disowning the people for breaking his covenant with them
Leviticus 10:1–2 – Nadab and Abihu are burned; offering unauthorised fire in their censers
Leviticus 26:14–39 – Curses upon the disobedient; divine warning
Numbers 11 – A plague accompanies the giving of manna in the wilderness; rejecting his gracious gift of heavenly food and failing his test of obedience
Numbers 16 – The rebellion of Korah, Dathan, and Abiram – Their supernatural deaths and the plague that followed; insolence and attempting self-promotion to roles they were unworthy of holding
Numbers 20:9–13 – Reprimand of Moses at the water of Meribah; disobeying the Lord's instruction, showing distrust and indifference in God's presence
Numbers 21 – Murmuring of the people and the plague of fiery flying serpent; spurning God's grace
Numbers 25 – Whoredom with the Moabites and resulting plague; breaching God's covenant through sexual immorality and worshipping other gods
Deuteronomy 28 – Curses pronounced upon the disobedient; another divine warning
1 Samuel 6:19 – some/many men of Beth Shemesh killed; Looking into the Ark of the Covenant
2 Samuel 6:1–7 – Uzzah struck dead; Touching the Ark of the Covenant
1 Kings 11 – God promises to tear King Solomon's kingdom from his son except for a single tribe; Building altars to other gods for his wives
Job 14:13 – sending trials to the just man Job
New Testament
See also: Attributes of God in Christianity § Wrath
The New Testament associates the wrath of God particularly with imagery of the Last Day, described allegorically in Romans 2:5 as the "day of wrath", and the Book of Revelation. The wrath of God is mentioned in at least twenty verses of the New Testament. Examples are:

John 3:36 – John the Baptist declares that whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.[18]
Acts 5:1 – Ananias and his wife Sapphira struck dead, Holding back some of the proceeds after selling a piece of property
Romans 1:18 – For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth.
Romans 5:9 – Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God.
Romans 12:19 – Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord."
Ephesians 5:6 – Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.
Revelation 6:17 – For the great day of his wrath has come, and who is able to withstand?
Revelation 14:19 – So the angel swung his sickle across the earth and gathered the grape harvest of the earth and threw it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.
Revelation 15:1 – Then I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvelous: seven angels having the seven last plagues, for in them the wrath of God was finished.
Revelation 19:15 – From his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron. He will tread the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I don't agree God tortures any creature He makes, because the Bible does not say He does. I disagree with those who accuse Him of it by way of suggestion
ha well but the "suggestion" was actually that He did not, does not; unless i was reading it wrong?
God is not a torturer of any angel or man, and to suggest it is a hateful lie against Him and His written word, that world has been doing for thousands of years. And because of that lie, many souls have been lost to God.

Jesus Christ dying on the cross proves it is not God that would torture wicked man, but wicked man that would torture God.
well, i am not disagreeing, but you have not addressed the point; who was saying that?

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not the one trying to rewrite our Bible. You are.
You can accuse all you want. Seems that's the way it is with you.You accuse people when they disagree with you, so be it. Just let's me know that you don't think people have the right to disagree with you.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think Barney has ever read the Bible. I think Kingdom Hall is his bible. Notice how Barney avoids talking about Kingdom Hall? How long did you say you "studied" at Kingdom Hall? 30 years?
Accusing again. That's really all you got isn't Jack?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I don't know any more. Is hell a place or a metaphor for eternal destruction. Is it just a garbage dump? Gehenna?
it makes a poor metaphor imo, as Gehenna is on earth, and they had contemporary terms for our concept of "hel," Abaddon, etc
also when it is realized that our concept of "eternal" (meaning forever) is not the term that was written, but rather "aion" (whereas "forever" to them would have been "aidios"), then imo it all starts to come together
All go to the same place
No one has ever gone up to heaven

also, the Roman Centurion more or less described his religion, in more or less the exact same way most believers believe today; "i tell some guy to go somewhere, and he goes," etc