The Apostate Church - Christian theology of the next fifty years

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
On the morning of June 5, 1967 the Israel Defense Forces launched bombing raids against Egyptian air fields. The action began what came to be known as the six day war. When the fighting ended Israel had won a decisive land war, including but not limited to control of the city of Jerusalem.

"Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.”
- Luke 21:24b

The conquest of Jerusalem marked the first time in thousands of years that the city would be under the sovereign control of a Jewish state. It was a unique date in modern history, one that was predicted by Jesus over two thousand years before.

Our Lord also predicted something else....something of dire consequences to the church. He predicted that it would deny God and His precepts.

"Let no man deceive you by any means; for that day shall come, except there be a falling away first, and that man of sin revealed, the son of perdition."
- 2 Thess 2:3

In the first quarter of the twenty first century, the church is in a state of moral, spiritual and theological collapse. Beset on all sides by disrespect, corruption in its own ranks, rejection of the Bible as the word of God and an acceptance of a corrupt gospel the church no longer stands as the moral bulwark of western civilization. In fact, it doesn't stand for much of anything. Christendom is in retreat on all fronts.

On the other hand Islam is on the ascendency. If current trends continue, Islam will be the largest religion on the planet within a few years. Many new Muslim converts are former Christians. In the United States alone between 500,000 and 700,000 new converts have made the shahada in major cities.

Oddly, after experiencing almost miraculous beginnings Islam entered a period of dormancy. Muslim theologians had to grapple with failure of growth - a failure they did not understand or welcome. Today they enjoy the heady brew of explosive growth. Islam is the future.

What of the church? Despite inflated and unsubstantiated claims of global growth, Christianity is in decline. Europe, once the bedrock of Christendom, is now completely secularized. Many believe that England will soon be a Muslim state. Church growth figures from China are bogus. A secret church does not publish its attendance or donation figures for review of its government or anyone else. I personally know that in Central and South America, the people are returning to their pagan ways as are many in Africa and the Asian sub-continent. While the predominant religion in America is still Christian, the nation has embraced secular hedonism as a moral choice - and rejected God in almost violent fashion.

The role of the church for the next fifty years will be that which once afflicted Islam. How can one justify a religion in decline? Today it isn't justified or explained or identified in any significant way. Its denied. Christian soldiers are no longer marching onward. Many of the social trends can be traced back to 1967 when the IDF entered Jerusalem. The times of the gentiles ended in that first week of June 1967.

The question for the remnant church is what sort of theological basis will we adopt? Denial? A retreat into religious fantasy such as rapturism and popular books of religious fiction such as the Late Great Planet Earth series? Or will we become introverted - conditioned by ourselves and our leaders into preserving our religious clubhouse as long as possible?

The trends are clearly obvious for anyone to see. My question is, how will we deal with our shrinking influence in the world?

but that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
"Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.”- Luke 21:24b
The conquest of Jerusalem marked the first time in thousands of years that the city would be under the sovereign control of a Jewish state. It was a unique date in modern history, one that was predicted by Jesus over two thousand years before.

The times of the gentiles ended in that first week of June 1967.
This idea contradicts a future interpretation of Revelation 11:2:

But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty [and] two months. Revelation 11:2

If Jesus said that gentile control over Jerusalem would end at some point in the future, how can it be that at some time after that point gentiles are in control of Jerusalem? A past interpretation of Revelation 11:2 removes this contradiction, but that creates other problems.

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Dear R,

Very well written and very true. I think the Church is in decline because they have not moved with God as He has moved. We are still stuck in centuries old doctrine that, while cutting edge in their time, is not particularly what God is doing in our time. This is why I, and I hope others, are pushing forward to catch up with God. I think that the coming Tabernacles movement will revitalize a remnant of His church and perhaps that will breathe some life into His people again.

Blessings,

Justin

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Isa_43:19 Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.

But man is still stuck in the past not knowing what God is doing or what His plans are, even most of teh biggest denomintaion reflect the same structure as teh Jewish church of the old testament. Revival, what is God going to revive. where in the end times He is doing a new thing the old is finished.

In all His Love

Reactions: HeRoseFromTheDead

iamlamad

Jun 9, 2013
On the morning of June 5, 1967 the Israel Defense Forces launched bombing raids against Egyptian air fields. The action began what came to be known as the six day war. When the fighting ended Israel had won a decisive land war, including but not limited to control of the city of Jerusalem.

"Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.”
- Luke 21:24b

Our Lord also predicted something else....something of dire consequences to the church. He predicted that it would deny God and His precepts.

"Let no man deceive you by any means; for that day shall come, except there be a falling away first, and that man of sin revealed, the son of perdition."
- 2 Thess 2:3

In the first quarter of the twenty first century, the church is in a state of moral, spiritual and theological collapse. Beset on all sides by disrespect, corruption in its own ranks, rejection of the Bible as the word of God and an acceptance of a corrupt gospel the church no longer stands as the moral bulwark of western civilization. In fact, it doesn't stand for much of anything. Christendom is in retreat on all fronts.

On the other hand Islam is on the ascendency. If current trends continue, Islam will be the largest religion on the planet within a few years. Many new Muslim converts are former Christians. In the United States alone between 500,000 and 700,000 new converts have made the shahada in major cities.

Oddly, after experiencing almost miraculous beginnings Islam entered a period of dormancy. Muslim theologians had to grapple with failure of growth - a failure they did not understand or welcome. Today they enjoy the heady brew of explosive growth. Islam is the future.

What of the church? Despite inflated and unsubstantiated claims of global growth, Christianity is in decline. Europe, once the bedrock of Christendom, is now completely secularized. Many believe that England will soon be a Muslim state. Church growth figures from China are bogus. A secret church does not publish its attendance or donation figures for review of its government or anyone else. I personally know that in Central and South America, the people are returning to their pagan ways as are many in Africa and the Asian sub-continent. While the predominant religion in America is still Christian, the nation has embraced secular hedonism as a moral choice - and rejected God in almost violent fashion.

The role of the church for the next fifty years will be that which once afflicted Islam. How can one justify a religion in decline? Today it isn't justified or explained or identified in any significant way. Its denied. Christian soldiers are no longer marching onward. Many of the social trends can be traced back to 1967 when the IDF entered Jerusalem. The times of the gentiles ended in that first week of June 1967.

The question for the remnant church is what sort of theological basis will we adopt? Denial? A retreat into religious fantasy such as rapturism and popular books of religious fiction such as the Late Great Planet Earth series? Or will we become introverted - conditioned by ourselves and our leaders into preserving our religious clubhouse as long as possible?

The trends are clearly obvious for anyone to see. My question is, how will we deal with our shrinking influence in the world?

but that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...
have no fear, God will come to the rescue! The bride will remain, and will be caught up. And it will not be long now! Lamad

day

Aug 2, 2012
Idaho, USA
The Church has managed to compromise its way out of an identity and a message.

I saw a topic on one of the forums about 1) What is the Kingdom of God, 2) What is the church, 3) What is the Good News, (or something close to those). I think the Church needs to go back and answer these basic questions, then it will have something to offer.