The 'blessed virgin Mary'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hence, heretical teachings from the mother of harlots = Revelation ch17

Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and talked with me, saying to me, “Come, I will show you the judgment of the great harlot who sits on many waters, with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication.”

So he carried me away in the Spirit into the wilderness. And I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast which was full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. 4The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the filthiness of her fornication. And on her forehead a name was written:

MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT,
THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS
AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS
OF THE EARTH.

I saw the woman, drunk with the blood of the saints and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus. And when I saw her, I marveled with great amazement.
Pagan Roman Empire not holy mother church!

Matt 18:17

17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

1 Tim 3:15

15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Heretics rebellions and protestations are spiritual pride

true Christians are are humble and obey and submit

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pagan Roman Empire not holy mother church!

Matt 18:17

17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

1 Tim 3:15

15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Heretics rebellions and protestations are spiritual pride

true Christians are are humble and obey and submit

True Christians follow the Lord Jesus Christ - not the antichrist = wolves in sheeps clothing.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ and his holy church are one and cannot be separated acts 9:4 eph 5:32

His Holy Church are those who have been called out by God and washed in His Blood and have the Holy Spirit within them.

Everyone else are imposters, masquerading as apostles and priests but are not.

There is no visible 'church' building on earth that belongs to Christ.

Apostle Peter says:
Therefore, laying aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking, as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby, if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious, you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His Holy Church are those who have been called out by God and washed in His Blood and have the Holy Spirit within them.

Everyone else are imposters, masquerading as apostles and priests but are not.

There is no visible 'church' building on earth that belongs to Christ.

Apostle Peter says:
Therefore, laying aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking, as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby, if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious, you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

not a building but the apostles

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not a building but the apostles

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.[/QUOTE

Popes are false apostles.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
now you not only deny the perpetual virginity of Mary but the virgin birth too?

no Mary gave birth to Christ while remaining a virgin! It was a miraculous conception and a miraculous birth!

Isa 7:14 a virgin shall conceive AND bear a son

virgin before and consecrated to God
Virgin conceived
Virgin gave birth
Virgin forever!!!!!!
A new twist. No birth pangs either.

Virgin forever!!!!!! Yippeeeee!!!!!

Reactions: David in NJ

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Disagree. Scripture is Knowledge. Understanding the Knowledge of Gods Word is given men from God.

Agree. And thereafter proper application to that which it does apply.

Disagree. What is not written is not a conclusion of therefore.
What is written, is the knowledge.

Disagree.

Disagree.

Agree.

Agree.

Agree.

Gal 4:
[4] But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law....

John 1:
[13] Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

In brief;
God sending forth His Son....reveals, His Son was IN Heaven, IN God, and came forth out from God IN Heaven, and was SENT to Mary’s virgin womb, ON Earth.

Something Alive coming forth out from something Alive...IS BORN.

To NOTE...an Angel approached Mary, told her of Gods desire....and?
Mary Agreed.

Jesus, (ie Gods Word), God called Gods Son, was (not Created), but God prepared a body for WHEN the fullness of Time (according to God), God SENT the prepared body, (in the LIKENESS AS a man) TO Mary’s Womb.

Mary’s flesh had NOTHING to DO WITH WHAT GOD SENT.
Made of a woman, “according to the Law”....What Law?

* Law of nature? No. Her seed was not fertilized.
* Law of nature? Yes. 9 months in the womb.
* Law of man? Jewish Man? Yes. A son born forth out of a Jewish woman’s womb, is a Jewish Child, specifically of the tribe of Judah.
* Law of man? Gentile Man? Yes. Common patriarch of Jews, Gentiles...is Abraham.
* Law of God? Yes. That flesh body God Prepared, must DIE, as all flesh body’s born ON Earth, must DIE.
* Law of man? Yes. Jewish law, of blasphemy “desired”.
* Law of man? Yes. Roman Gentiles, prisoner exchanged including sentence of original prisoner.

WHY was Mary’s womb Favorable?
* Fullness of Time according to God.
* Mary a Jew from Judaea.
* Mary faithful to God.
* Mary a virgin.
* Mary betrothed to Joseph.
* Joseph of the direct line of the House of David.
* Direct and Faithful Descendant of king David, the only one qualified to sit on king David’s ever lasting throne.
* king David’s ever lasting throne, established By God.
* Gods Law...Mary and Joseph Married...one flesh.
* Mans Law..a child born forth from Mary, wife of Joseph, made that child, a direct descendant of the House of David. Ie king David.
* Mary & Joseph foretold, of the supernatural pregnancy, by the act of God,
a birth of a son, he shall be named JESUS, he “shall be” called the Son of God, (Jesus’ age 30), “he shall” Save His People. (On going)
* Mary & Joseph become, noted for their obedience to God.
* Jesus known at age 12 to be with Mary & Joseph traveling to be recorded in
(According to Mans Law of Jews) in a counting census of people.
* Joseph did according to Gods Will, fades out of significance in Text.
* Mary presumed widow with children, mentioned a few times in Text...
Guest at a wedding. Outside, when Jesus is preaching Inside. Jesus’ crucifixion. Present with Jesus’ disciples after Jesus’ ascension, when they all received Baptism of the Holy Spirit.
* Mary’s significance fulfilled.
* Jesus Teaches, Preaches, on the streets, in the Temple, has men and women followers, they hear first hand his teaching. (not including Mary, wife of Joseph)
* The Disciples of Jesus sent forth to teach on behalf of Jesus.
* The Highlight is all about Jesus, His teaching, His offerings.
* Numerous characters are mentioned by Name in Scripture, their tasks to fulfill Gods Will, their willingness to accomplish fulfilling, (or not)...their significance in relation to Jesus...their significance faded out.

The Highlight is Exclusively ALL ABOUT He whom God Sent forth.
John 16:
[27] For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.
[28] I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

Glory to God.
Taken
What is not written is not a conclusion of therefore.

What is not written is therefore not to be taught as written.

What is written, is the knowledge.

Profound.

WHY was Mary’s womb Favorable?

This is basically the problem. Womb fixation. Elizabeth's 'womb' was just as important to God as Mary's, as is every womb of a faithful wife and mother.

Both John and Jesus came out of the womb, so you need to also. Quit returning to some womb to sacredize:

Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

Made of a woman, “according to the Law”....What Law?

Of Moses: And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law.

Like John, He was circumcised on the 8th day according to the law.

You can leave out the rest of your carnal pseudo scholarship, such as: Yes. That flesh body God Prepared, must DIE, as all flesh body’s born ON Earth, must DIE.

So Adam had to die before transgressing? Enoch and Elijah are still going strong.

Jesus' body made of the flesh of Mary, and not born of Her egg nor of the natural seed of David would not have died, except He left it hanging on the cross, when He went to preach to the spirits in prison by His quickening Spirit.

Perpetual virgin is Vesta paganism:

And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

Till. Until. Not until. Until after.

Gods Law...Mary and Joseph Married...one flesh.

By the marriage bed, which was not until after birth of Jesus.

End of dispute. But the paganism goes on...

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can leave out the rest of your carnal pseudo scholarship SUCH AS;

Yes. That flesh body God Prepared, must DIE, as all flesh body’s born ON Earth, must DIE.

Scripture Disagrees with YOU.

Gen 9
[5] And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

Another simple defining Scripture along with Joseph knew her not until after the birth of her firstborn son.

Mariologists are just as blind to Scripture of truth as the created christs.

And they are forever on the move to twist and turn from the truth to believe what they want.

So, his brethren were not really brethren, and so her firstborn son was not really the firstborn, but the onlyborn?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Another simple defining Scripture along with Joseph knew her not until after the birth of her firstborn son.

Mariologists are just as blind to Scripture of truth as the created christs.

And they are forever on the move to twist and turn from the truth to believe what they want.

So, his brethren were not really brethren, and so her firstborn son was not really the firstborn, but the onlyborn?

only born is still first born

it does not say the had sex and Luke says they could not Lk 1:34

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
only born is still first born

it does not say the had sex and Luke says they could not Lk 1:34

God's gave His word and promise to Joseph, which was for him to fulfill the marriage covenant with his wife, Mary.

Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit. Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not wanting to make her a public example, was minded to put her away secretly. But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit. And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”

So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying: “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.”

Then Joseph, being aroused from sleep, did as the angel of the Lord commanded him and took to him his wife, and did not know her until she had brought forth her firstborn Son. And he called His name Jesus.
Matthew 1:18-25

Joseph and Mary got to know each other = a lot......and have children, just as God promised to them.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's gave His word and promise to Joseph, which was for him to fulfill the marriage covenant with his wife, Mary.

Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit. Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not wanting to make her a public example, was minded to put her away secretly. But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit. And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”

So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying: “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.”

Then Joseph, being aroused from sleep, did as the angel of the Lord commanded him and took to him his wife, and did not know her until she had brought forth her firstborn Son. And he called His name Jesus.
Matthew 1:18-25

Joseph and Mary got to know each other = a lot......and have children, just as God promised to them.

the heresy of helvidius

Martin Luther

It is an article of faith that Mary is Mother of the Lord and still a virgin. … Christ, we believe, came forth from a womb left perfectly intact. (Weimer’s The Works of Luther, English translation by Pelikan, Concordia, St. Louis, v. 11, pp. 319-320; v. 6. p. 510.)

John Calvin

(On the Heretic Helvidius) Helvidius displayed excessive ignorance in concluding that Mary must have had many sons, because Christ’s “brothers” are sometimes mentioned. (Harmony of Matthew, Mark and Luke, sec. 39 [Geneva, 1562], vol. 2 / From Calvin’s Commentaries, translated by William Pringle, Grand Rapids, Michigan: Eerdmans, 1949, p.215; on Matthew 13:55)

[On Matt 1:25:] The inference he [Helvidius] drew from it was, that Mary remained a virgin no longer than till her first birth, and that afterwards she had other children by her husband . . . No just and well-grounded inference can be drawn from these words . . . as to what took place after the birth of Christ. He is called “first-born”; but it is for the sole purpose of informing us that he was born of a virgin . . . What took place afterwards the historian does not inform us . . . No man will obstinately keep up the argument, except from an extreme fondness for disputation. (Pringle, ibid., vol. I, p. 107)

Under the word “brethren” the Hebrews include all cousins and other relations, whatever may be the degree of affinity. (Pringle, ibid., vol. I, p. 283 / Commentary on John, [7:3])

John Wesley

‘I believe that He [Jesus] was made man, joining the human nature with the divine in one person; being conceived by the singular operation of the Holy Ghost, and born of the blessed Virgin Mary, who, as well after as before she brought Him forth, continued a pure and unspotted virgin’ (‘Letter to a Roman Catholic’, The Works of Rev. John Wesley, vol 10, p. 81).

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the heresy of helvidius

Martin Luther

It is an article of faith that Mary is Mother of the Lord and still a virgin. … Christ, we believe, came forth from a womb left perfectly intact. (Weimer’s The Works of Luther, English translation by Pelikan, Concordia, St. Louis, v. 11, pp. 319-320; v. 6. p. 510.)

John Calvin

(On the Heretic Helvidius) Helvidius displayed excessive ignorance in concluding that Mary must have had many sons, because Christ’s “brothers” are sometimes mentioned. (Harmony of Matthew, Mark and Luke, sec. 39 [Geneva, 1562], vol. 2 / From Calvin’s Commentaries, translated by William Pringle, Grand Rapids, Michigan: Eerdmans, 1949, p.215; on Matthew 13:55)

[On Matt 1:25:] The inference he [Helvidius] drew from it was, that Mary remained a virgin no longer than till her first birth, and that afterwards she had other children by her husband . . . No just and well-grounded inference can be drawn from these words . . . as to what took place after the birth of Christ. He is called “first-born”; but it is for the sole purpose of informing us that he was born of a virgin . . . What took place afterwards the historian does not inform us . . . No man will obstinately keep up the argument, except from an extreme fondness for disputation. (Pringle, ibid., vol. I, p. 107)

Under the word “brethren” the Hebrews include all cousins and other relations, whatever may be the degree of affinity. (Pringle, ibid., vol. I, p. 283 / Commentary on John, [7:3])

John Wesley

‘I believe that He [Jesus] was made man, joining the human nature with the divine in one person; being conceived by the singular operation of the Holy Ghost, and born of the blessed Virgin Mary, who, as well after as before she brought Him forth, continued a pure and unspotted virgin’ (‘Letter to a Roman Catholic’, The Works of Rev. John Wesley, vol 10, p. 81).

God the Father and God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are laughing at RCC, Luther Wesley and Calvin's ignorance.

God knew what Joseph and Mary were doing together, with their clothes off........and it pleased God that Joseph and Mary did as God had commanded and blessed for them to do = a lot of marital sexual union and thereby producing children.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God the Father and God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are laughing at RCC, Luther Wesley and Calvin's ignorance.

God knew what Joseph and Mary were doing together, with their clothes off........and it pleased God that Joseph and Mary did as God had commanded and blessed for them to do = a lot of marital sexual union and thereby producing children.

for a normal marriage yes
God created and blessed marriage

Mary is consecrated to God’s service
Therefore she MUST be pure and perpetual virgin

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
for a normal marriage yes
God created and blessed marriage

Mary is consecrated to God’s service
Therefore she MUST be pure and perpetual virgin

Joseph and Mary's marriage, a true marriage made and ordained in heaven before they were even born, is God's Normal Marriage.

Joseph and Mary did a lot of Normal, Blessed Conjugal joining of their naked bodies in God's ordained Marriage Bed for them.

It is written, "what God has joined together(and this means sexual union) let no man separate."

God hates divorce = “For the LORD God of Israel says That He hates divorce, For it covers one’s garment with violence,” Says the LORD of hosts. “Therefore take heed to your spirit, That you do not deal treacherously.” Malachi 2:16

But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
And in the house his disciples asked him again of the same matter. And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her. And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.

Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not wanting to make her a public example, was minded to put her away secretly. But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David,
do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.
Then Joseph, being aroused from sleep, did as the angel of the Lord commanded him and took to him his wife,
and did not know her(sexual union) until she had brought forth her firstborn Son.

Joseph and Mary had a bunch of banging times together in their marriage from heaven - AMEN

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joseph and Mary's marriage, a true marriage made and ordained in heaven before they were even born, is God's Normal Marriage.

Joseph and Mary did a lot of Normal, Blessed Conjugal joining of their naked bodies in God's ordained Marriage Bed for them.

It is written, "what God has joined together(and this means sexual union) let no man separate."

God hates divorce = “For the LORD God of Israel says That He hates divorce, For it covers one’s garment with violence,” Says the LORD of hosts. “Therefore take heed to your spirit, That you do not deal treacherously.” Malachi 2:16

But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
And in the house his disciples asked him again of the same matter. And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her. And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.

Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not wanting to make her a public example, was minded to put her away secretly. But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David,
do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.
Then Joseph, being aroused from sleep, did as the angel of the Lord commanded him and took to him his wife,
and did not know her(sexual union) until she had brought forth her firstborn Son.

Joseph and Mary had a bunch of banging times together in their marriage from heaven - AMEN

were Adam and Eve married in the garden?