The Body of Christ vs. The Bride of Christ (pt. 3)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
That the Church which is the Body of Christ, ('the fullness of Him that filleth all in all'), is not 'The Bride of the Lamb', but is wondrously united with Christ their Head - Who, as you say, is 'The Bridegroom'.
Imo two diff analogies/parables are being put at odds with each other there, pointlessly being made to do battle or whatever, but I dunno

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Imo two diff analogies/parables are being put at odds with each other there, pointlessly being made to do battle or whatever, but I dunno

Hello @bbyrd009,
What 'parables' are you thinking of? o_O

The two companies I mentioned are not at odds with each other, they are just two separate companies that the Word Identifies as, 'The Bride of the Lamb' and 'The Church which is the Body of Christ'. Whereas, 'The Bridegroom' is 'The Lamb', which are both terms used of the Lord Jesus Christ.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Parable of Bride of Christ duelling with parable of Body of Christ, something like that?
Hello again, @bbyrd009,

'The Body of Christ' is a company of believers, being called out during this dispensation. 'The Bride of the Lamb' is another company which will have the honour of inhabiting the New Jerusalem. They are not in opposition to each other, for they both have their part to play in the purpose of God.

Praise His Holy Name!

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Hello again, @bbyrd009,

'The Body of Christ' is a company of believers, being called out during this dispensation. 'The Bride of the Lamb' is another company which will have the honour of inhabiting the New Jerusalem. They are not in opposition to each other, for they both have their part to play in the purpose of God.

Praise His Holy Name!

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris
ok ty

Reactions: charity

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Body of Christ vs. The Bride of Christ (pt. 3)

i'm pretty sure I know what "vs" means?
Hi there, @bbyrd009,

I see where you got the thought concerning conflict from now, for it is implied in the subject heading. - 'The Body of Christ vs. The Bride of Christ (pt. 3)' o_O

In Christ Jesus
Christ

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Hi there, @bbyrd009,

I see where you got the thought concerning conflict from now, for it is implied in the subject heading. - 'The Body of Christ vs. The Bride of Christ (pt. 3)' o_O

In Christ Jesus
Christ
well, plus I see elements of one being inferred in the other, or disputed in the other, iow as if they were "facts" to be disputed, etc

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
well, plus I see elements of one being inferred in the other, or disputed in the other, iow as if they were "facts" to be disputed, etc

Hello once again, @bbyrd009,

We are going to have to stop meeting like this? ;)
There is no 'dispute' where Scripture is concerned, only in man's interpretation of it.

Bye for now.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're going to have to show me an example but consider this: 1 Cor. 15:44-50 - "44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. (and there is a natural kingdom and a spiritual kingdom) 45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit." We inherit the natural kingdom through Adam and the spiritual kingdom from Jesus.

The SAVED "IN" Christ shall OCCUPY a "SPIRITUAL KINGDOM"...."ON" a "NATURAL EARTH" for 1,000 years.

AFTER the 1,000 years...ALL the SAVED...
(Which IS "ONLY" those with the SEED OF GOD, which quickenes (rebirths) a mans spirit...WHO ARE...
ISRAEL and Christ's CHURCH....

It IS ^ THEY who Become ONE the SAME, "sons of God"...Thee Lord God Almighty...
THEIR SAME ONE GOD...

THE EARTH, becomes NO LONGER SEPARATED "FROM" HEAVEN...[as it presently IS...with a firmament]...

The Heavens, The Earth, The Kingdom of God of Christ BECOME ONE SPIRITUAL KINGDOM.....and the OCCUPANTS ONE SPIRUTAL PEOPLE....Forever ALIVE with their ONE SPIRIRUAL Lord God Almighty.

46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. And so it is with the kingdom of God we are first part of it in the natural but we can access the spiritual kingdom through faith in Christ with the help of the Holy Spirit, but only part-time.

Stay in Context and Order.
Saved "souls" of physically DEAD MEN, experience the Heavenly Kingdom of God...
UNTIL Christ descends to the Clouds...

Men IN Christ, who are bodily ALIVE, are called up to the Clouds...THEY (souls) DO NOT EXPERIENCE Gods Kingdom "IN HEAVEN".

They SHALL experience Christs Spiritual Kingdom ON Earth....and Later SHALL experience GODS KINGDOM ON EARTH....
WHEN the firmament is OPENED, {currently dividing } Heaven and Earth....and thus Heaven and Earth Become ONE NEW Heaven & Earth without DIVISION or SEPARATION.

47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. Presently we are doing both if we a living a Christ-centered life. It's hard to say but many Christians do not bear the image of the heavenly. many times you can't tell the difference between them and the world and it's getting worse all the time.

Sure they do. But YOU ARE LOOKING AT THEM THROUGH "your Earthly EYES".
You SEE THEIR "DEAD" FLESH....remember...
Crucified with Christ?

IF YOU SAW THEM WITH YOUR "spirit"...WHAT YOU WOULD SEE...
"IS" a man "WITH CHRIST".

HOW would YOUR spirit KNOW, "IF" it "IS" LOOKING AT A MAN 'in Christ" ?

By WHAT YOU OBERVE/HEAR and DO NOT HEAR/OBSERVE.

A man IN Christ....WILL NEVER BE HEARD "DECLARING" ...
"He IS AGAINST belief in God"
"He IS AGAINST belief in Christ Jesus"
"He IS AGAINST the TRUTH in SCRIPTURE".

50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption." We can not fully access the kingdom of God until we die or are changed at the rapture so to believe we are living in the spiritual kingdom now with nothing to look forward to, just isn't correctly understanding the teaching of the new testament. Revelation doesn't change anything it brings out the literal reality of where we are, who we are and what the world will go through to truly experience the kingdom of God, here on earth as prophesied many times in the OT.

Currently those IN Christ have;
Restored souls
Quickened spirits
Crucified bodies
Live IN Jesus' Risen body
And HIS Spirit dwells IN our new hearts

Correct "they" are not Occupying the Lords Earthly Kingdom.

They are prepared to be risen up to the Clouds in a twinkling of an eye ABOVE the face of the Earth...before The Wrath of the Lamb commences.

God Bless,
Taken

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Holy Spirit does not mix His metaphors.
That is NOT mixing metaphors but multiplying metaphors. God has every right to apply a hundred metaphors if He so chooses. Paul says about the Bride/Wife of Christ that *this is a Great Mystery*. And so it is to some Christians (including yourself). Eve was a type of the Church -- the two shall be one flesh -- and that is the allusion to the Wife of Christ in Ephesians.

*The Body of Christ* indicates the fulness of Christ: And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all. (Eph 1:22,23)

*The Bride/Wife of Christ* indicates union with Christ: For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church (Eph 5:30-32)

*The Building of Christ* indicates maturity in Christ: Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit... Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:.. But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love. (Eph 2:19-22;4:13,15,16).

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is NOT mixing metaphors but multiplying metaphors. God has every right to apply a hundred metaphors if He so chooses. Paul says about the Bride/Wife of Christ that *this is a Great Mystery*. And so it is to some Christians (including yourself). Eve was a type of the Church -- the two shall be one flesh -- and that is the allusion to the Wife of Christ in Ephesians.

*The Body of Christ* indicates the fulness of Christ: And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all. (Eph 1:22,23) Agree

*The Bride/Wife of Christ* indicates union with Christ: For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church (Eph 5:30-32)

*The Building of Christ* indicates maturity in Christ: Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit... Till we all come in the unity of the faith, (this is the ultimate goal that the marriage metaphors speak of) and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:.. But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love. (This what one flesh means, no marriage necessary) (Eph 2:19-22;4:13,15,16).

I will highlight how I see things emphasized differently.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Taken, you offered too many thought to deal with. I would say we agree on half of them. The first difference would be that I do not believe the seals are any part of the wrath of the Lamb. Rev. 6:17 is saying the wrath is about to start with the trumpet judgments, not that it has been going on already. The martyrs in the 5th seal (vs. 10) realize that his judgment/wrath hasn't begun yet.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I will highlight how I see things emphasized differently.
Then that would be your own private interpretation, since I have quoted Scripture to put the matter to rest. You (and Charity and anyone else) would be further ahead to say that Scripture trumps your private interpretations and move on.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then that would be your own private interpretation, since I have quoted Scripture to put the matter to rest. You (and Charity and anyone else) would be further ahead to say that Scripture trumps your private interpretations and move on.

That's kind of odd seeing as the things you underlined and emphasized are your "private" interpretation of what these verses mean.

Reactions: bbyrd009

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

*The Body of Christ* indicates the fulness of Christ: And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all. (Eph 1:22,23)

*The Building of Christ* indicates maturity in Christ: Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit... Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:.. But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love. (Eph 2:19-22;4:13,15,16).
Hello @Enoch111,

This is your interpretation of these things.

It is not for you to judge what I know or do not know concerning the Church which is the Body of Christ. I rejoice in what God has revealed to me, whether little or much; I suggest you confine yourself to doing the same, instead of passing personal remarks about another for whom Christ died.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: Trekson