The Book of Revelation, Understood?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He that reads, and they that hear and keep the words, as the letter is read to the church.

I do hope those who join the discussion are blessed, but if we really hold to what John wrote here, then the blessing mentioned is not about hearing you or me, it's about someone reading and hearing God's Words to the church.

Much love!
thanks for the blessing, by reading right on this forum is it not a blessing?. and if one read out aloud then they can also hear. try it sometimes, it makes a difference. but as for discussing the word, we all need to put aside our own doctoral beliefs and learn the word for yourself. and if what you receive something from God, who am I to Judge another man servant.

again thanks for the reply. hoped this helped.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Waiting on him

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice, that even Isaiah states the Three Persons/Beings:

Isa_48:16 Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.
I forgot to answer this one which is a great verse. so we'll answer it now. Isaiah 48:16 "Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me". ok, notice the term "the Lord God" the one with his Spirit sent him right. well we know that that it was the Son who was sent correct, the Lord Jesus ... the Christ. lets actually see who was sent, and who did the sending. Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John". ok ReChoired, listen and follow closely. who sent his angel? the answer is given by the angel, listen. Revelation 22:6 "And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done".
so it was the "Lord God" who sent his angel, the same "Lord God" in Isaiah 48:16. now lets see who, BY NAME is the Lord God. remember the angel said "the Lord God" sent him right. ok while you're in Revelation chapter 22:6 where the angel said this, come on down to versse 16 and one will see who the Lord God who sent him, by name. READ IT FOR YOURSELF.

Thanks for the reply, hoped it helped.

PICJAG.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Book’s first chapter is solely dedicate to identifying the one true God, the Lord Jesus.
Your problem is that you wish to exclude the Father and the Holy Spirit from the one true God. So as long as you continue to do that, you cannot rightly divide the Word of Truth.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know some will say I’m on a trail to disprove the trinity, NO, I’m NOT, let the scriptures fall where they may. John is giving us clear vetting process as to who the one person that sent this letter to the seven churches, via John. Remember this is a revelation of …. Jesus the Christ.
Why would I not say that?

Here it is in clearness.

Let's follow the Scripture . . .

Revelation 1:4-6 "John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne; And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood”.

upload_2020-1-22_8-23-23.png

We read what it says, and it says, there are three that send this, the One who is, and who was, and is coming; the Seven Spirits which are before His throne (am I in front of me?); and from Jesus Christ,

I post the Greek above so you can see the conjunctions,

upload_2020-1-22_8-27-53.png

You State . . .

This letter is from one person, the Lord Jesus, who is the Almighty. Who holds the Title God. Here is where the other Persons who suppose to be in the Godhead is vetted by scripture or not. Lets follow the bible, not our beliefs.

In Revelation 1:1 it states who sent the Letter. only one person sent his angel to John, but John is saying that the letter is from…. “him”, one person. And he identifies who this one person is,

But the Bible says, God gave this Revelation to Jesus, for Him to show to His servants. So let's follow the Bible.

In trying make these the same person, you negate the meaning of the verse. Where it says, ". . . which God gave Him . . .", you make that into, ". . . which God gave Himself . . ."

And later when it says

"from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne; And from Jesus Christ,", well, consider a moment,

"and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne"

Your assertion is this should be understood as, "and from me, who is before me". Do you see how this runs contrary to the way it's written?

What exactly does it mean to add to the Words of this Book?

You wrote:

Evidence #1. Revelation 3:1 "And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead”. We know that this is the Lord Jesus who is addressing the church in Sardis, and he, the “Lord” Jesus said that he has the “Seven Spirits”.

The words given are not, "he that IS the seven Spirits of God", it actually reads, "He that HAS the seven Spirits of God"

Yes, let's follow what the Bible says.

Much love!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
10 disciples? Could you provide a Quote, ty, im lost here!
Matthew 20:20,23-24 KJV
[20] Then came to him the mother of Zebedee's children with her sons, worshipping him, and desiring a certain thing of him. [23] And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father. [24] And when the ten heard it, they were moved with indignation against the two brethren.

Here is the state of man prior to the gifting of the Holy Spirit.
Tecarta Bible

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
No greater blessing I know of than for God to overpower our inability to love.
tails with my morning reading,
"
The Roman legacy

Even after two millennia, our world is still largely Roman, not only in the way our governments are organized but also in the way most people think about themselves and the rest of the world. Very few people could imagine their companies and clubs without commanders and leaders, and very few people realize that nations and national borders are figments of totalitarianism that benefit the ruling elite but not the guy in the street.

Most people believe it's us versus them, while in fact there is no them, only us. There is only one universe, one life soul, one earth and one humanity. Grass has no borders, clouds have no borders and humanity's borders are artificial, ludicrous and ultimately, since they are unnatural, blasphemous. There are no barbarians, no foreigners, no aliens, no others; the entire biosphere is an interdependent symbiotic whole. There is only one Creator, and he is not worshipped in any religion but on the bridges between religions. Religions otherize but love finds God.

Most people believe that humans are vile and aggressive beasts who will take to rape and looting when left unfettered, but research shows that the opposite is true. The large majority of people are kind and helpful when no rules tell them what to do, and turn into monstrous hell raisers in front of a traffic light (whether red or green).

Paul saw it all coming and waged a bitter war against the Roman machine the best way he could: by kindly obeying Roman rule and friendly explaining the way things work to ordinary peoples. The success of the gospel was not so much based on difficult theological concepts, but rather on its appealing quality of giving the common man a way to defeat the Roman beast. But Paul's way was obviously not the only one, and many people lacked the restraint it required..."

but im not seeing the connection to the purported point of what is it? yet, if there is one? sorry

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
At the introduction of John in the Gospels
The 10 are moved with indignation against him due to what Jesus says.
Matthew 20:20,23-24 KJV
[20] Then came to him the mother of Zebedee's children with her sons, worshipping him, and desiring a certain thing of him. [23] And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father. [24] And when the ten heard it, they were moved with indignation against the two brethren.

Here is the state of man prior to the gifting of the Holy Spirit.
Tecarta Bible
the sons of zebedee ("worshipping him," let us note) caused the indignation, not John? i mean according to the passage? So wadr im not getting you i guess

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your problem is that you wish to exclude the Father and the Holy Spirit from the one true God. So as long as you continue to do that, you cannot rightly divide the Word of Truth.
well first thanks for the reply, second, I didn't know I had a problem... :eek: I'll see about getting it checked out. but all that aside, you said, "you wish to exclude the Father and the Holy Spirit from the one true God". get outta here, who told you that lie? let me be clear as I can. I believe that the only person in the Godhead who is the HOLY Spirit, who hold both titles of "Father" and "Son" in his diversified state of sharing himself in flesh. so how is that excluding the Father? or the Son? who is the Holy Ghost/Spirit? well.... no I just, as the bible correctly states, and identify him correctly in his "diversified" state. you incorrectly put the true God last as a third person. we place him correctly as the first and only person in the Godhead, and in his glorified state in flesh is the last adam.

so no I don't exclude, I just correctly include.

thanks for the reply and hoped that helped.

PICJAG.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
where is the POWER given? ................ now you're on point here, Mat_28:18 "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth". now we're talking. see the Son was "GIVEN" Power, not the Father... see the difference now?
in Revelation chapter 5, it is the "ROOT" who stands, having the seven Spirit ..... :) not the offspring. and the ROOT, the Spirit is Jesus who is God almighty.

so again, thanks for the reply.

PICJAG.
Interestingly,

First thanks for the reply. second, using the scripture that you gave, notice verse 11 there, Rev 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

to receive something one must be given it. so if this is the one whom you calls the Father who sits on the throne, I would like to know who have "POWER" to give it to him, if he's the "ALMIGHTY?" so please furnish book chapter and vers as to who gave the "Father" POWER. for the Father has all power, which is what I thought, that's why he called the "ALMIGHTY". so when you can show me that scripture, as to who it was that gave the Father POWER, then I'll repent.

PICJAG.

If Jesus is the Father, then how was it that Jesus said, "All power is given Me"? Who gave Jesus power? And if Jesus is not the Father, then Who is the Father, and Who is Jesus?

Much love!

Reactions: bbyrd009

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thanks for the blessing, by reading right on this forum is it not a blessing?. and if one read out aloud then they can also hear. try it sometimes, it makes a difference. but as for discussing the word, we all need to put aside our own doctoral beliefs and learn the word for yourself. and if what you receive something from God, who am I to Judge another man servant.

again thanks for the reply. hoped this helped.

PICJAG.
That's cool to mention, I too find that reading aloud to oneself is very beneficial, as it involves not just seeing, but hearing and speaking, which cause the brain to use more and different neural pathways to process the information.

And I fully agree with you, it's much more important to know the Word for what it says, it's own statements quite apart from our views. We can hold what views we hold, but it's so important to be able to simply know what the Bible does, and does not say.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
when did I say I was anti-trinity? just because I follow the bible. well this is why the book is called REVELATION, an unveiling of the truth. I told you this was not my intent. now if you have a problem with the scriptures, take it up with the Lord, he wrote it not I.

and thanks for you reply.

if i may suggest something to you. why not wait until we get into chapter 2 befor you respond, for chapter 1 is the introduction as to the identity of the Lord Jesus as God. so why not wait until chapter 2, just a suggestion.

PICJAG.
If I have a problem with the Scriptures? What does that mean?

And you'd like to suggest I drop out of the discussion for a while? Gee, I hadn't really considered that. I love the Revelation! I've been studying it for years, read it countless times, it's a regular part of my meditations, and contains such amazing things!

Chapter 1 is a lot more than that my friend, and even that we need to get right. Or at the very least, understand what the words are saying, in their own way.

And, I like to contribute what I can, which is why I like public forums.

Much love!