The Cross

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Grace of God gets called different things. It is called unmerited favor by some, while the more stern call it greasy grace. Whatever it is you call it, grace is God's unfolding grace to a believing sinner. When you accepted Jesus Christ as your savior you received at that very moment 'all the father had to offer.' Have you ever chased the dream of 'there being more in God' that you didn't get at the cross the moment you believed. At that moment you believed - you received everything the father has to give a lost human being that has come to the saving grace of God - the cross - and accepted Jesus Christ as savior.

What we since about that is; we don't know about that grace, but it was poured out on you by the bucket load. Just because I don't know about something doesn't mean it does not exsist or it did not happen. How do I find out then? by the scriptures. Using the word of God to understand what happened to you at that moment you were taken out of Adam and put in Christ. Most powerful.

You see; when you go to the cross the very first time you came to the Lord - Adam is out right then. Dead gone out. Because Adam is dead in Christ.Taken out of Adam, by the cross, and put in Christ, by the cross. Instantaneously. That is the cross.

"at the cross at the cross where I first saw the light and the burden of my heart rolled away" "it was there by faith I received my sight.'' The old songs says!

Now you finding out more about that is a different story. Some my never understand - some go into grace - where some preferr to tackle the law and put forth their best foot. As dead as we are we still run around (not unlike a chicken with it's head cut off) making ago of some form of religion (self effort). Adam is a tuff ol' bird and does not die (in mind only) very easy. Adam is/was as dead as Jesus Christ when he gave up the ghost and died as Adam (you and I), he became sin. That was you and I on that tree - all in Adam (you and I) dead as Jesus Christ as he gave the final breathe - and all heaven and earth shook.

What had held humanity in captivity, was now crucified in Christ. Glory to God!

Dead - gone - out - finished - completed - the father's will - never to be remembered again. Death had destroyed that all consuming power that controlled humanity. And now the very creation that had been held at the will of another was now free to believe. No strings attached, other than love (which according to scripture - there is nothing against it) - the price had been paid and the human being had been bought back with the price of Jesus Christ blood on that cursed tree. Hallelujah Jesus!

'believe on the Lord Jesus Christ thou shalt be saved'

Reactions: marks

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Grace of God gets called different things. It is called unmerited favor by some, while the more stern call it greasy grace. Whatever it is you call it, grace is God's unfolding grace to a believing sinner. When you accepted Jesus Christ as your savior you received at that very moment 'all the father had to offer.' Have you ever chased the dream of 'there being more in God' that you didn't get at the cross the moment you believed. At that moment you believed - you received everything the father has to give a lost human being that has come to the saving grace of God - the cross - and accepted Jesus Christ as savior.

What we since about that is; we don't know about that grace, but it was poured out on you by the bucket load. Just because I don't know about something doesn't mean it does not exsist or it did not happen. How do I find out then? by the scriptures. Using the word of God to understand what happened to you at that moment you were taken out of Adam and put in Christ. Most powerful.

You see; when you go to the cross the very first time you came to the Lord - Adam is out right then. Dead gone out. Because Adam is dead in Christ.Taken out of Adam, by the cross, and put in Christ, by the cross. Instantaneously. That is the cross.

"at the cross at the cross where I first saw the light and the burden of my heart rolled away" "it was there by faith I received my sight.'' The old songs says!

Now you finding out more about that is a different story. Some my never understand - some go into grace - where some preferr to tackle the law and put forth their best foot. As dead as we are we still run around (not unlike a chicken with it's head cut off) making ago of some form of religion (self effort). Adam is a tuff ol' bird and does not die (in mind only) very easy. Adam is/was as dead as Jesus Christ when he gave up the ghost and died as Adam (you and I), he became sin. That was you and I on that tree - all in Adam (you and I) dead as Jesus Christ as he gave the final breathe - and all heaven and earth shook.

What had held humanity in captivity, was now crucified in Christ. Glory to God!

Dead - gone - out - finished - completed - the father's will - never to be remembered again. Death had destroyed that all consuming power that controlled humanity. And now the very creation that had been held at the will of another was now free to believe. No strings attached, other than love (which according to scripture - there is nothing against it) - the price had been paid and the human being had been bought back with the price of Jesus Christ blood on that cursed tree. Hallelujah Jesus!

'believe on the Lord Jesus Christ thou shalt be saved'

Hi Mike, may I ask sir if you know what Hallelujah translated into English is?

Reactions: marks and soul man

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Mike, may I ask sir if you know what Hallelujah translated into English is?

Not trying to be smart but my use of any term ; I love the lord with body soul and spirit :) simply put my expression for highest love and gratitude.

Every believer has that inner knowing that can only be known by the lord. Know one knows what the lord has done to and for another - it is that personal. Singing a song and making Melody in your heart is words that only you can express directly to him. No one had to write your song or harmonize or keep a rhythm, you make it. I like all kinds of music but none can compare to that one that is in you.

Reactions: marks

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not trying to be smart but my use of any term ; I love the lord with body soul and spirit :) simply put my expression for highest love and gratitude.

Every believer has that inner knowing that can only be known by the lord. Know one knows what the lord has done to and for another - it is that personal. Singing a song and making Melody in your heart is words that only you can express directly to him. No one had to write your song or harmonize or keep a rhythm, you make it. I like all kinds of music but none can compare to that one that is in you.

Would you like to know?

Reactions: soul man