The Days are getting shorter conspiracy?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise. (Revelation 8:12)

It seems like the days are getting shorter, I wake up in the morning Eat some breakfast and get ready for the day and it seems like It is almost lunchtime. I remember mornings being some of the most productive times of the day for accomplishing things, and lunch time a welcomed relief to the work accomplished. Now it seems like lunch is an afterthought to be skipped or delayed till mid afternoon.

I Noticed the other day, My Clock on my very old computer was not in sync with the clock on my Cable Box. It was slow by about 15 Minutes. Then I saw I had an update for My operating system that needed to be downloaded, and when I did the clocks were back in sync. Was this a conspiracy by the Government to cover up the shortening days?

I Was watching reruns of some History channel show, and I noticed they edited parts out of the episode that I had watched before. Were they making the episode shorter to fit the shortened Hour?

I remember when I was a Kid playing a tennis match would take a half an hour to 45 Minutes. Now when i go to My sons tennis matches they take closer to an hour and a half.

Every morning I wake Up I feel like i got less sleep than the night before.

Are these anomalies Showing that the days are getting shorter, Or am I just getting older and slower, and taking more time to get things done?

Please take this post seriously, Or have fun with it.....

Reactions: michaelvpardo

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise. (Revelation 8:12)

It seems like the days are getting shorter, I wake up in the morning Eat some breakfast and get ready for the day and it seems like It is almost lunchtime. I remember mornings being some of the most productive times of the day for accomplishing things, and lunch time a welcomed relief to the work accomplished. Now it seems like lunch is an afterthought to be skipped or delayed till mid afternoon.

I Noticed the other day, My Clock on my very old computer was not in sync with the clock on my Cable Box. It was slow by about 15 Minutes. Then I saw I had an update for My operating system that needed to be downloaded, and when I did the clocks were back in sync. Was this a conspiracy by the Government to cover up the shortening days?

I Was watching reruns of some History channel show, and I noticed they edited parts out of the episode that I had watched before. Were they making the episode shorter to fit the shortened Hour?

I remember when I was a Kid playing a tennis match would take a half an hour to 45 Minutes. Now when i go to My sons tennis matches they take closer to an hour and a half.

Every morning I wake Up I feel like i got less sleep than the night before.

Are these anomalies Showing that the days are getting shorter, Or am I just getting older and slower, and taking more time to get things done?

Please take this post seriously, Or have fun with it.....
Mathematically, time is a 4th spatial dimension and its "length" varies with velocity according to Albert Einstein's equations describing special relativity. That being said, the passage of time remains a matter of perception, a function of sensory receptors and the brain.
We have 2 passages in scripture that clearly describe changes to the passage of time, one about a battle between Israel and Midian, and the other about a sign given by God with a sundial actually going backward. The first could be explained by a change in perception, but the latter only by a local alteration of space itself (a physical reversal of the rotation of the earth would cause inertial havoc with the planet.)
My perception of the passage of time is similar to yours, but actual changes in the passage of time can't be measured except by comparison to spatial coordinates outside the current local spatial reference frame. Eg: the ISS clocks advance more slowly than clocks on the surface of the earth and need regular correction to stay synced to our time, but our perception of the passage of time is unique to our cognitive functions and varies from person to person.
We call people slow when their response to external stimuli is delayed to what we consider normal or the statistical mean, but that "slowness " is the direct result of physiological variation from the mean, slower relative perception.
The scriptures describing a shortening of the days sound like a description of physical change, but a broad perceptional change would be an equivalent. That said, our growing awareness of the potential threats crossing the Earth's orbit at regular intervals has lead to hypothetical considerations of altering time space to prevent collisions.
If it's possible to create artificial gravitational fields (and scripture suggests that this might be possible), creating a field intense enough to alter local space time might avoid a collision without interference in inertial phenomena, but tidal shearing is a gravitational effect, not an inertial one, so we could simply replace one natural disaster with a man made one.
I should mention that when I first shared the idea on line back in 2017, I thought that the Lord was telling me that our use of such a technology would determine our judgment, so I'm inclined to believe that we shouldn't even attempt to alter space-time. However, we've actually been doing that on a small scale with every experiment in particle acceleration.
Time is a continuum and there's no way to determine to what extent our experimentation has already altered local space-time.

Reactions: David H.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mathematically, time is a 4th spatial dimension and its "length" varies with velocity according to Albert Einstein's equations describing special relativity. That being said, the passage of time remains a matter of perception, a function of sensory receptors and the brain.
We have 2 passages in scripture that clearly describe changes to the passage of time, one about a battle between Israel and Midian, and the other about a sign given by God with a sundial actually going backward. The first could be explained by a change in perception, but the latter only by a local alteration of space itself (a physical reversal of the rotation of the earth would cause inertial havoc with the planet.)
My perception of the passage of time is similar to yours, but actual changes in the passage of time can't be measured except by comparison to spatial coordinates outside the current local spatial reference frame. Eg: the ISS clocks advance more slowly than clocks on the surface of the earth and need regular correction to stay synced to our time, but our perception of the passage of time is unique to our cognitive functions and varies from person to person.
We call people slow when their response to external stimuli is delayed to what we consider normal or the statistical mean, but that "slowness " is the direct result of physiological variation from the mean, slower relative perception.
The scriptures describing a shortening of the days sound like a description of physical change, but a broad perceptional change would be an equivalent. That said, our growing awareness of the potential threats crossing the Earth's orbit at regular intervals has lead to hypothetical considerations of altering time space to prevent collisions.
If it's possible to create artificial gravitational fields (and scripture suggests that this might be possible), creating a field intense enough to alter local space time might avoid a collision without interference in inertial phenomena, but tidal shearing is a gravitational effect, not an inertial one, so we could simply replace one natural disaster with a man made one.
I should mention that when I first shared the idea on line back in 2017, I thought that the Lord was telling me that our use of such a technology would determine our judgment, so I'm inclined to believe that we shouldn't even attempt to alter space-time. However, we've actually been doing that on a small scale with every experiment in particle acceleration.
Time is a continuum and there's no way to determine to what extent our experimentation has already altered local space-time.

There is a theory out there, That the shortening of the day and night by 1/3 is caused by the speeding up of the rotation of the earth. Prophecy speaks of this When Jesus says the days shall be shortened or else no flesh would survive (Matthew 24:22). A drastic and swift increase in the earths rotation would lead to inertial problems, Earthquakes, Mountains moving and valleys being raised as spoken of in Prophecy. Not only that this could also lead to a wobble in the tilt of the earth as spoken of in Isiah where the earth wobbles like a drunkard.

I believe all of this is part of the restoration of the earth to its original created order, which according to some theories never had a tilt of the axis for which we have seasons. (see link below)
Dodwell's surprising study of the obliquity of the ecliptic -- Science & Technology -- Sott.net

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a theory out there, That the shortening of the day and night by 1/3 is caused by the speeding up of the rotation of the earth. Prophecy speaks of this When Jesus says the days shall be shortened or else no flesh would survive (Matthew 24:22). A drastic and swift increase in the earths rotation would lead to inertial problems, Earthquakes, Mountains moving and valleys being raised as spoken of in Prophecy. Not only that this could also lead to a wobble in the tilt of the earth as spoken of in Isiah where the earth wobbles like a drunkard.

I believe all of this is part of the restoration of the earth to its original created order, which according to some theories never had a tilt of the axis for which we have seasons. (see link below)
Dodwell's surprising study of the obliquity of the ecliptic -- Science & Technology -- Sott.net
I believe scripture clearly teaches the heavens and earth are going to be dissolved by the Lords fire in Judgement at his return 2 Peter 3:10-13

I believe scripture teaches that after the event above, a completely "New Creation" will be presented in a New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem, Revelation 21:1-5

Last edited:
Reactions: David H.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe scripture clearly teaches the heavens and earth are going to be dissolved by the Lords fire in Judgement at his return 2 Peter 3:10-13

I believe scripture teaches that after the event above, a completely "New Creation" will be presented in a New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem, Revelation 21:1-5

I Have a disagreement here and it is probably what leads to your eschatology being different from mine. I believe God is going to restore this world and this creation for a millennial reign of Christ. My Scriptures for this are many But what i point most to are Paul's writings in Romans 8....

For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, Because the creature (Creation) itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. (Romans 8:19-23, Parenthesis mine)

So What Paul is saying here is that this creation which is fallen will be restored (delivered) as well when Jesus come again. And not burned up until after the millennium is over, and a new heaven and a new earth is made.

We will find out who is right soon enough though...

God Bless.

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil

Oh please, what you said and the LINK you refers have nothing to do with the prophecy of Mat.24:v.22, in other words, what you said has nothing to do with the Spirit of Christ, in fact your thinking is from a human perspective, not from God’s perspective.

The Spirit of Christ is the spirit of prophecy and what He prophesied is written, as follows:

Matthew 24:v.15
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

- let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

- let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
- neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

- then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

- and except those days(days to come yet) should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake these days shall be shortened.
- then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there;
believe not
- for there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

- Behold, I have told you before.

NOTE

Be sure that by the Devil's desire his world would continue forward without end, but this will not be allowed even from now on, and the Devil's world will be ended in 7 years as it is determined, that is in the last week, the week 70th, in which start the END of all things, exactly from the explicit event in Revelation 11:v.2 - 1st. half of last week or 42 months-1,260 days, no more either one day, no more, because the 2nd half starts with AOD for another 1260 days + a gap 30 days=1.290 days-Dan.12:v.11-and there will be more a gap of 45 days. END OF THE WORLD OF DEVIL IN WHICH WE ARE LIVING YET.

How blessed will be anyone who waits and arrives at the 1,335 days Daniel 12:v.12

Reactions: marks

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Have a disagreement here and it is probably what leads to your eschatology being different from mine. I believe God is going to restore this world and this creation for a millennial reign of Christ. My Scriptures for this are many But what i point most to are Paul's writings in Romans 8....

For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, Because the creature (Creation) itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. (Romans 8:19-23, Parenthesis mine)

So What Paul is saying here is that this creation which is fallen will be restored (delivered) as well when Jesus come again. And not burned up until after the millennium is over, and a new heaven and a new earth is made.

We will find out who is right soon enough though...

God Bless.
Yes we will respectfully disagree

Scripture clearly teaches this earth will be dissolved by the Lords fire in judgement at his return

2 Peter 3:10-13KJV
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Nahum 1:5KJV
5 The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh please, what you said and the LINK you refers have nothing to do with the prophecy of Mat.24:v.22, in other words, what you said has nothing to do with the Spirit of Christ, in fact your thinking is from a human perspective, not from God’s perspective.

This Post is about the fourth Trumpet and the shortening of the day and night by 1/3 and showing how this occurs durring the Great tribulation as an act of God's Mercy as shown in Matthew 24:22. How do you explain the shortening of the day by 1/3?

Please leave the endless bickering about whose eschatology is right to other posts, and stick to the topic of the post. Then we can learn from one another as opposed to condemning one another constantly. I do not agree with @Truth7t7 in his eschatology, But he is entitled to his opinion as are are you. When we discuss our opinions in a civil way and explain why we believe what we believe That is when dialogue happens as opposed to monologue.

Dodwell's theory is a from a secular scientist, who came to find that the ancient archeological sites that pointed to equinoxes and and solstices had a specific time when they began to be built. This date points directly to the Flood of Noah, According the dates for this deduced from scripture. This is no different than using Archeology found in Persia to determine the dates when event s happened to Israel such as Xerxes decrees to rebuild Jerusalem and the temple, which give historical credence to scripture. It is not about bringing "human perspective" into Spiritual prophecy.

So Yes, some events in revelation have a Spiritual meaning, and fulfillment but others are literal and Physical and ones we will experience in the natural world, and the fourth trumpet I believe is one of them. If you believe this has a Spiritual fulfillment of some sort please explain this. Do You feel the 1260 days of the great tribulation are shortened to less than that number of days? Or that the length of the days is shortened to somewhere around 16 hours which would be physically caused by the spin of the earth on its axis increasing accordingly?

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
What prevails is the Word of GOD. The Wod is GOD.
1John 5:v.19-20
19 And we know that we are of GOD, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.
20 And we know that the Son of GOD is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true GOD, and eternal life.

Isaiah 3:v.10 to 15
10 Now will I rise, saith the Lord; now will I be exalted; now will I lift up myself.
11 Ye shall conceive chaff, ye shall bring forth stubble: your breath, as fire, shall devour you.
12 And the people shall be as the burnings of lime: as thorns cut up shall they be burned in the fire.

13 Hear, ye that are far off(the Gentile peoples), what I have done; and, ye that are near(the people of Israel), acknowledge my might.
14 The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?

The Lord JESUS said: Matthew 13:v.30 and 49-50
30- In the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
49 So shall it be at the END OF THE WORLD(in the consummation of the centuries or 20 centuries): the messengers shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
50 And shall cast them into the furnace of FIRE: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Daniel 12:v.1-3
There shall be a time of trouble,such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time(end of the times) and at that time (time of END) thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

Be careful, or get ready

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This Post is about the fourth Trumpet and the shortening of the day and night by 1/3 and showing how this occurs durring the Great tribulation as an act of God's Mercy as shown in Matthew 24:22. How do you explain the shortening of the day by 1/3?

What prevails is the Word of GOD. The Wod is GOD.
1John 5:v.19-20
19 And we know that we are of GOD, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.
20 And we know that the Son of GOD is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true GOD, and eternal life.

Isaiah 3:v.10 to 15
10 Now will I rise, saith the Lord; now will I be exalted; now will I lift up myself.
11 Ye shall conceive chaff, ye shall bring forth stubble: your breath, as fire, shall devour you.
12 And the people shall be as the burnings of lime: as thorns cut up shall they be burned in the fire.

13 Hear, ye that are far off(the Gentile peoples), what I have done; and, ye that are near(the people of Israel), acknowledge my might.
14 The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?

The Lord JESUS said: Matthew 13:v.30 and 49-50
30- In the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
49 So shall it be at the END OF THE WORLD(in the consummation of the centuries or 20 centuries): the messengers shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
50 And shall cast them into the furnace of FIRE: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Daniel 12:v.1-3
There shall be a time of trouble,such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time(end of the times) and at that time (time of END) thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

Be careful, or get ready

Of topic, please answer the question.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes we will respectfully disagree

Scripture clearly teaches this earth will be dissolved by the Lords fire in judgement at his return

Just curious how you view the Romans 8 passage that says creation will be delivered from the bondage of corruption. When does this occur in your eschatology?

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
SHH! He's listening.
I think he's broadcasting me live! Lol
BTW...guess who grew up 15 miles from me? Jim Carey!
My friend, Steve Austin, had a friend who had a friend who went to school with him...hmmm! :)

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My friend, Steve Austin,

Stone cold?
stone_cold_steve_austin_pro.png

Or the six million dollar one?
91i18XNlVHL._SL1500_.jpg

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Possibly. There's evidence that the length of a year changed and possibly during "historic" times, and there is the Nemesis hypothesis, which isn't exactly unreasonable, but unprovable unless we find a massive dark body in a large eccentric orbit around the sun.

Reactions: marks

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
in fact your thinking is from a human perspective, not from God’s perspective.

The Spirit of Christ is the spirit of prophecy and what He prophesied is written, as follows:

Matthew 24:v.15
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

- let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

- let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
- neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

- then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

- and except those days(days to come yet) should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake these days shall be shortened.
- then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there;
believe not
- for there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

- Behold, I have told you before.

NOTE

Be sure that by the Devil's desire his world would continue forward without end, but this will not be allowed even from now on, and the Devil's world will be ended in 7 years as it is determined, that is in the last week, the week 70th, in which start the END of all things, exactly from the explicit event in Revelation 11:v.2 - 1st. half of last week or 42 months-1,260 days, no more either one day, no more, because the 2nd half starts with AOD for another 1260 days + a gap 30 days=1.290 days-Dan.12:v.11-and there will be more a gap of 45 days. END OF THE WORLD OF DEVIL IN WHICH WE ARE LIVING YET.

How blessed will be anyone who waits and arrives at the 1,335 days Daniel 12:v.12
Dave you build your whole premise on "Theories" of man in this thread, and you claim a poster is looking at a human perspective and not God's?

Pot, Kettle, Black?

In Love, Jesus Is The Lord