The Disputation of 1263

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here is a shortened version of a movie based on the dispute between Rambam...the Jewish scholar and a converted Jew named Christiani.
Now there is a definite Jewish slant to the film....but there are some very good points being made...that hold up to this day.

Jews look at the dogmatic form of Christianity as a religion and reject it...wisely. But the problem lies in there not being a true witness of Christ.

Both Judaism AND dogmatic Christianity leads to arrogance..as ALL religious pursuits do.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is a shortened version of a movie based on the dispute between Rambam...the Jewish scholar and a converted Jew named Christiani.
Now there is a definite Jewish slant to the film....but there are some very good points being made...that hold up to this day.

Jews look at the dogmatic form of Christianity as a religion and reject it...wisely. But the problem lies in there not being a true witness of Christ.

Both Judaism AND dogmatic Christianity leads to arrogance..as ALL religious pursuits do.

The Jews are so hung up on the "suffering servant" scriptures as being themselves. What is confusing to me is that Israel is considered both male and female (like the suffering servant being referred to as a "He") And another time spoken of as sisters (having to do with Jacob) in Isaiah or Ezekiel maybe? Have not finished watching yet. It's quite interesting. The only thing I remember hearing/reading of King James is that he was not a very humble guy?
I'll continue to watch :)

"Long in the tooth" :D

Reactions: Episkopos