• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Show me the verse that says Jesus keeps us saved

Jesus said..>"All that believe in me, i give unto you Eternal life, and you shall NEVER PERISH"

"never perish"... = eternal Security.

Jesus said..>"i will never leave you or forsake you"..

"Never" = Eternal Security.

"Christ in you, the hope of Glory".. Glory is Heaven.

Spiritual UNION with Christ is to be IN Christ and to have Christ "IN YOU">
There is no ending this Spiritual UNION, and that is eternal security.

Then the heretic says...>"but i can leave him".
Well, if you are not born again, you can.
But if you are born again, you are "IN CHRIST" and "ONE WITH GOD", having become a
"new Creation, that is not a body,,,but a SPIRIT, and you can't "leave that"..

Here is one more for you.

"GOD, who began SALVATiON in all the born again, will HIMSELF be FAITHFUL to complete it".

"faithful" "God", -= eternal security.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said..>"All that believe in me, i give unto you Eternal life, and you shall NEVER PERISH"

But if you are born again, you are "IN CHRIST" and "ONE WITH GOD", having become a

"GOD, who began SALVATiON in all the born again, will HIMSELF be FAITHFUL to complete it".

You are quoting what you believe it says, but what? No text? How can I read it in context.

DanielConway

May 8, 2022
columbia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm... Judging by the level of vitriol in this thread I am sure there are some Satanists out there laughing their asses off. Dig on this boys and girlies in the faith.

13 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails.

But boy have the participants in this debate failed to manifest the Christ nature.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do know that the "old man of sin" is dead don't you? We are already free from sin.

Romans 6:6-7
6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 7 For he who has died has been freed from sin.

But we must also reckon ourselves free from sin verse 11, 22, telling ourselves the truth that sets us free John 8:32-36. Proverbs 23:6, for as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he. We must ward off the doctrines of demons that has filled the church - you will always have sin in you until we shed these bodies of sin. Sounds right, but demons wants you to sin until you die knowing he's gotcha.
Paul said he has to die daily. That tells me the old man of sin is constantly trying to climb out of the coffin, and we have to keep slamming it shut on him. He said he has to "keep my body under and bring it into submission".

"Keep" denotes the putting forth of constant effort to maintain a state or situation, right or wrong?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are born again....then the day you came to God, you were "ungodly", and He gave you "the Gift of Righteousness".

So, you were not "loving righteousness" all those years you were a dirty rotten sinner, and that DAY you came to God, through Christ, you were still ungodly.
Then you gave God your Faith, and God gave you the "gift of Righteousness"., and you were "made righteous", and can never become more righteous.
So, you instantly went from "ungodly" to "the righteousness of God". "In Christ"?

Get it?

Then you have the life you live, having that righteousness that does not change, not matter your behavior = as God gave it to you when you were "ungodly".

I don't get your reason for posting this, seeing as I agree and you know it. You usually post to me as an adversary, not in agreement, so we all know that we were born sinners right up until we come to Christ and He takes away our desire to sin, cleansing us of all unrighteousness. So why not talk about how we are AFTER we come to Christ, and not BEFORE. We all know that we were sinners beforehand and Jesus came to save sinners - that's a given and you don't need to keep repeating it like you have some valid point to be made, when in reality everyone knows that.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Take this post of yours and look up the references you founded these doctrines on.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul said he has to die daily. That tells me the old man of sin is constantly trying to climb out of the coffin, and we have to keep slamming it shut on him. He said he has to "keep my body under and bring it into submission".

No, his sin nature is already crucified with Christ freeing him from sin. Romans 6:6-7, 22. Go back and read the context of "I die daily." It has nothing to do with sin. To preach other than the Word confirms a false teaching from the Reformation Calvinism of "we will always sin until we die out of these bodies." The the context has to do with putting his life in peril for preaching the gospel.

1 Corinthians 15:
30 And why do we stand in jeopardy every hour? 31 I affirm, by the boasting in you which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

I would say Paul was in prison more than any other apostle.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You are quoting what you believe it says, but what? No text? How can I read it in context.

If you ask me to prove something, then i use scriptures.', normally
If you ask me a question, then i teach, and may or may not use verses.

Here is what we know.
We can't save ourselves, as we can't pay for our sin., and we can't cause ourselves to be born again.

Some believers, many, confuse discipleship with Salvation., and if they can understand that JESUS is Salvation, nothing else, then Discipleship has to be what we do, AFTER we have received Salvation.
Salvation is completed on the Cross... We dont add to that completed salvation our works.
We cant become more holy then to be "made righteous", =but this is our Born again SPIRIT.

Our Body and our mind, is not our Spirit, as the body is dead because of sin, and the mind has to be "renewed".

What a Christian does that is proof they dont understand their salvation, is that they try keep it, and not lose it.
And that turns into the confusion regarding them not understanding that Salvation is ALL of God, and none of us.
We didnt bleed, and we were not nailed, so, the only part we have in it, is to Give God our FAITH in Christ, to RECEIVE IT.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
13 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love,

You dont know what you are talking about.

Let me show you a few things..

The Apostle Paul once caused a person who was a Witch, to go blind.

God, on 2 occasions killed Homosexuals.
Once in Sodom He burned them, and Once in the great Flood God drowned them
That is "God is Love". and "Jesus the same yesterday, today, and forever".
See it?
No you dont, Daniel, as you are just a religious person, with a lot of opinions that are unrelated to the New Testament.

See. If you had a clue, and you dont have one, you would refer to Jesus making a whip out of cords and going into the Temple in Jerusalem, and "driving them out". ... With that whip.

So, because you dont know what you are talking about, its best that you just remain quiet.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
"Keep" denotes the putting forth of constant effort to maintain a state or situation, right or wrong?

Paul said that the old man is crucified with Christ., and we are to "reckon him dead".

How do you resurrect him?
By trying to stay saved, instead of believing that God keeps you saved.

See that?
That is a broken faith issue, that brings self righteousness into dominion, and that IS the "Old man" problem.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I don't get your reason for posting this, seeing as I agree and you know it. You usually post to me as an adversary, not in agreement, so we all know that we were born sinners right up until we come to Christ and He takes away our desire to sin, cleansing us of all unrighteousness. So why not talk about how we are AFTER we come to Christ, and not BEFORE. We all know that we were sinners beforehand and Jesus came to save sinners - that's a given and you don't need to keep repeating it like you have some valid point to be made, when in reality everyone knows that.

I am happy to talk to you about whatever you like, once you come to the knowledge that you can't lose your salvaiton.
As until you get to that first baby step revelation, then nothing else can be revealed to you.
See, until you arrive here... Hebrews 13:9, you'll keep reading those commentaries and trying to hook people on them, instead of the bible.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Take this post of yours and look up the references you founded these doctrines on.

No need.

Jesus said you will never perish if you BELIEVE.
And what happens when you believe?
God gives you Salvation, and Jesus comes to live in you.
So, there is no "losing salvation" there is just you not understanding it, and fighting against it.
When you understand it, then you will understand that Philippians 1:6 is not lying.
Its says that God is faithful to complete your salvation, and we know this is True as God lives in us, in Spiritual union.
Where He lives, is where we are now as "ONE WITH GOD">
This is why the NT tells you that the born again are "seated in Heavenly Places"..."In Christ" who is seated at the right hand of the Father.
THe born again are THERE, already, Spiritually.
All that is left, is to get the new body that is designed to contain the born again spirit, as the old body is the wrong body, and this..."conformed into the image of Christ".
As THAT is what is "pre-destined".....= this conforming.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I would say Paul was in prison more than any other apostle.

Paul said that he did more for God then all the other apostles combined.
He is a "chosen vessel", Jesus said, and He had an anointing that was greater.

He is the only apostle who told us to Follow HIM.
Paul said..>"follow ME...as i follow Christ".

The Gospel of the Grace of God, is Paul's Gospel. He called it "MY Gospel", 3x.

DanielConway

May 8, 2022
columbia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You dont know what you are talking about.

Let me show you a few things..

The Apostle Paul once caused a person who was a Witch, to go blind.

God, on 2 occasions killed Homosexuals.
Once in Sodom He burned them, and Once in the great Flood God drowned them
That is "God is Love". and "Jesus the same yesterday, today, and forever".
See it?
No you dont, Daniel, as you are just a religious person, with a lot of opinions that are unrelated to the New Testament.

See. If you had a clue, and you dont have one, you would refer to Jesus making a whip out of cords and going into the Temple in Jerusalem, and "driving them out". ... With that whip.

So, because you dont know what you are talking about, its best that you just remain quiet.

For I know whom I have believed (and it ain't you) and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

' 13 Their throats are open graves; their tongues practice deceit.' 'The poison of vipers is on their lips.' 14 Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.'

18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.'

“Whatever I tell you in the dark, speak in the light; and what you hear in the ear, preach on the housetops.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, silly. The book about Christ's High Priesthood is Hebrews. The Old Covenant had Levi priests. Jesus was made a High Priest after the order of Melchizedek, not Levi. Why do you think? Do you know? Those kinds of priests you are thinking of were only in the Levitical priesthood, however we are in a New Covenant. Now in this covenant, Jesus is the High Priest but YOU AND I are the lower priests as you put it. All who have Christ inside of them make up a royal priesthood. Doesn't that just blow your mind? I'm glad you are on these forums because there is so much more you need to learn.

1 Peter 2:

Therefore, laying aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking, 2 as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby, 3 if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

4 Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious, 5 you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 6 Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture,

“Behold, I lay in Zion
A chief cornerstone, elect, precious,
And he who believes on Him will by no means be put to shame.”

9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 10 who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.

Yes Christ are priest prophet and king but that’s a spiritual order not a ministerial order

and no the old law Levite priesthood has passed away

Christ is the high priest according to the order of melchisedec and so must there be low priests of the SAME order offering the SAME Sacrifice

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
For I know whom I have believed (and it ain't you) and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
' 13 Their throats are open graves; their tongues practice deceit.' 'The poison of vipers is on their lips.' 14 Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.'
18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.'
“Whatever I tell you in the dark, speak in the light; and what you hear in the ear, preach on the housetops.

You are the person who was implying that God's Love is something sinister and greedy, and unwholesome, on another Thread.
That is where i first read you.
So, based on you doing that, i'd say, you are the one who has "no fear of God before their eyes".

DanielConway

May 8, 2022
columbia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are the person who was implying that God's Love is something sinister and greedy, and unwholesome, on another Thread.
That is where i first read you.
So, based on you doing that, i'd say, you are the one who has "no fear of God before their eyes".

What I argued, and you would see if you took the cum fear filters off you eyepiece-s, is that God's love is not etherial and coolly distant, the kind of buzz you get when you "break through the wall" on a distant run, but warm and familial, cuddly and even sensual when in the act of home devotion and worship, hot and fiercely holy when God feels you are ready to see that side of him, Jealous and angry when we fall into idolatry, and I mean Paul's broad definition of idolatry of putting anything before him or his interests, and terrifying and violent when he perceives a threat to his chosen. When it comes to his Church God is a devoted, self sacrificing, sensual and jealous Italian husband and IF you knew him you would know this.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
cum fear filters off you eyepiece-s,

What is a "cum fear filter"?

Never heard that one. Can you be specific.

So, about God.
God is Love, but God is also a righteous judge.
God is merciful, but He is Holy.
God is Truth and Light and Life, but He is also this...>"its a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God".

God is so loving, so, indescribably merciful, that He allowed Jesus His Son, to become the sin bearer for the world.
Yet, He will also allow everyone who has not been born again, and dies......to end up in a place that was designed for the Devil and His Angels.

God gave us everything we have. Even life. So, its not a greedy request that we love God back with all our heart, mind, soul, and strength.
We should.