The eternal sign that God has set in the Jewish people

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
Bs"d

God has set an eternal sign in the Jewish people.

The text is too big to post here, it keeps on telling me that the text is too big to post, so I'll post a link: Sign

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“…they are not all Israel, which are of Israel…” (Romans 9:6)

“For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.” (Romans 2:28-29)

Reactions: ScottA

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
“…they are not all Israel, which are of Israel…” (Romans 9:6)

“For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.” (Romans 2:28-29)
Bs"d

So the uncircumcised, those are the circumcised, and the circumcised, those are the uncircumcised. ??????

And of course, 3 = 1, and 1 = 3.

And then you call people who really don't want to believe this "blinded"??

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bs"d

So the uncircumcised, those are the circumcised, and the circumcised, those are the uncircumcised. ??????

And of course, 3 = 1, and 1 = 3.

And then you call people who really don't want to believe this "blinded"??

“…the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.” (1 Corinthians 2:14)

Reactions: ScottA

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bs"d

God has set an eternal sign in the Jewish people.

The text is too big to post here, it keeps on telling me that the text is too big to post, so I'll post a link: Sign

The divine sign in the Jewish people​

Bs"d
The Hebrew Bible, for Christians the OT, for Jews the Tanach, is replete with prophecy which has been fulfilled.
(TaNaCH is an acronym for Torah, Nevi'iem, Chetuvim, which means Pentateuch, Prophets, and Writings, the three parts of the Jewish Bible. The Pentateuch consists of the first five books of the Bible, in which the law is given. The Prophets are all the prophetic books, and the writings are all the other books which are not prophetic, and they start with the Psalms, and contain books like Proverbs, Job, Song of songs, etc.)
All those fulfilled prophecies are great proof that the Bible is divinely inspired you would say, were it not that atheists simply claim: "All the prophecies have been written after the events took place."
Fortunately, there is a solution for that problem. God has given an everlasting sign, a sign upon which we can fall back until the end of time. It is the sign that He put in the Jewish people.
Some people say that the Jews are under a curse, and they point to the Jew hatred all through the ages, the holocaust, and many other disasters that have befallen the Jews.
Others say that the Jews are a blessed people, pointing to the fact that they always seem to be smart, successful in business, and rich.
So who is right? Are the Jews blessed or cursed? The answer is: Both. Or; it depends.
On what does it depend? On the Jews. On the Jews doing the law of God or not. When the Jews do the law of God, God will shower upon them great blessings.

First, what does "Bs"d" mean?

Indeed, there is too much to post, so I just copied a small part (above). But...perhaps I missed it, did you mention The New Testament?

The reason I ask is because those curses you acknowledge and mention resulted in much of Matthew 21 regarding Israel. The main point and result being:

Jesus said to them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures:
‘The stone which the builders rejected
Has become the chief cornerstone.
This was the Lord’s doing,
And it is marvelous in our eyes’?
43 “Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken from you and given to a nation bearing the fruits of it. Matthew 21:42-43​

Even so, Israel (and the Jewish people) are no longer cursed, but blessed. Which was made complete by the crucifixion of Christ, who "finished" God's promises given to Israel, after which, as He also said, "And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd." John 10:16

Thus, the light unto the gentiles was no longer lit by Israel, but by Jesus the Messiah who came first in the flesh and now in Spirit. And yet, the bloodline and Israeli heritage will forever be cherished by gentile Christians for the service of their forefathers unto God.