The False One Who Makes the 7 Year Covenant of Daniel 9

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've gotten off track from the AOD topic in the Book of Daniel, showing that you are 'reaching'.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A PRE-TRIB RAPTURE written anywhere in God's Word. So stop trying to use that as some lame excuse for your theories.
So, you do not understand what a "JUXTAPOSITION" is? I think you do, but you just wanted to dodge the point that has you defeated so you use these evasion tactics. But, in any debate when you dodge the facts, you automatically lose the debate. The POINT was you can't take just ONE WORD and limit God's ability to use that word on only one person or thing, and psstt, you already know that don't you? So, not only did you lose the debate, but you also proved "the facts" are not that important to you in full, as long as you can evade the defeat, but alas, you lose the debate when you try to evade.

As per the Rapture, as I have stated, anyone who can't understand the timing of the Rapture I trust nothing they have to say about Eschatology. Its too easy to understand.

Antiochus Epiphanese took Jerusalem with an ARMY. The Daniel 11 prophecy about the "vile person" instead comes to power using PEACE, not an army. Thus Antiochus and the final Antichrist that comes to power in Jerusalem for the end using PEACE are different times of a similar event. God is checking out those who catch or don't catch these different prophetic parameters in His Word, and those who believe the "vile person" prophecy in Dan.11 is past history have missed it.
P.S. (here) The Anti-Christ also takes Jerusalem with an Army, see Dan. 11:40-43, see Dan. 8:9, see Zechariah 14:1-2, see the 2nd Seal he TAKES AWAY PEACE means he brings War after peace, you can't just stop the peace and say move out of my way I'm taking over (SMILE) that is nonsensical.

This also is not hard to understand, the similarities are major, but there are enough differences between the two that they can be pointed out easily. So, we get a rundown of every king in Greece all the way from Alexander the Great to Antiochus his archetype and then the Anti-Christ and you think that God skipped Antiochus? The whole purpose was to show us who the Anti-Christ will be like unto. I can prove that verses 21-34 is not Antiochus. Let's start one verse before Antiochus Epiphanes comes to power to prove who verse 21 is about. Did you really study this as I did via hours of relentless studies, or did you just cling to someone else's ideas? We must try the spirits brother. We can't except men's theories. History doesn't lie, and neither does the spirit, its a lethal combo when studying prophecy. I do not think there is anyway that anyone can dig into history and not understand Dan. 11:21-34 is not about Antiochus Epiphanes.

Dan. 11:20 Then shall stand up in his estate a raiser of taxes in the glory of the kingdom: but within few days he shall be destroyed, neither in anger, nor in battle.

{my original Exegesis} Antiochus III's son Seleucus IV became king and had to raise taxes because Rome was forcing him to have to pay for all his fathers wars, he was soon poisoned to death it seems.

McClintock and Strong Biblical Cylopedia {Below}​

Seleucus IV​

Surnamed Philopator (or Soter, in Josephus, Ant. 12, 4, 10), styled "king of Asia" (2 Macc. 3, 3), that is, of the provinces included in the Syrian monarchy, according to the title claimed by the Seleucidae, even when they had lost their footing in Asia Minor (comp. 1 Macc. 8:6; 11:13, 12:39, 13:32), was the son and successor of Antiochus the Great (see Appian, Syria, 3, 45). He took part in the disastrous battle of Magnesia (B.C. 190), and three years afterwards, on the death of his father, ascended the throne.

He seems to have devoted himself to strengthening the Syrian power, which had been broken down at Magnesia, seeking to keep on good terms with Rome and Egypt till he could find a favorable opportunity for war. He was, however, (1)murdered, after a reign of twelve years (B.C. 175), by Heliodorus (q.v.), one of his own courtiers, "neither in [sudden] anger nor in battle" (Da 11:20; see Jerome, ad loc.), but by ambitious treachery, without having effected anything of importance. His son Demetrius I Soter, SEE Demetrius, whom he had sent, while still a boy, as hostage to Rome, after a series of romantic adventures gained the crown in B.C. 162 (1 Macc. 7:1; 2 Macc. 11:1).

The general policy of Seleucus towards the Jews, like that of his father (3, 2, 3, καὶ Σέλευκον), was conciliatory, as the possession of Palestine was of the highest importance in the prospect of an Egyptian war; and he undertook a large share of the expenses of the Temple service (ver. 3, 6). On one occasion, by the false representations of Simon (q.v.), a Jewish officer, he was induced to make an attempt to carry away the treasures deposited in the Temple by means of the same Heliodorus who murdered him. The attempt signally failed, but it does not appear that he afterwards showed any resentment against the Jews (4, 5, 6,); though his want of money to pay the enormous tribute due to the Romans may have compelled him to raise extraordinary revenues, for which cause he is described in Daniel as a "raiser of taxes" (11, 20; comp. Livy, 41, 19). See Manzini's monograph (in Italian) on this prince (Mailand, 1634).

Antiochus Epiphanes follows Selecus IV as shown above, and below in bold, not the Anti-Christ.

Seleukos IV Philopator 187–175 B.C. Antiochos IV Epiphanes 175–164 B.C.

Dan. 11:21
And in his estate(Selecus IV) shall stand up a vile person, to whom (1)they shall not give the honour of the kingdom: but he (2)shall come in peaceably, and obtain the kingdom by flatteries.

{my original Exegesis} Antiochus IV then became king, he is called a vile person, he killed 90,000 Jews. He became king via a series of maneuvers which included (2)flattering the king of Pergamum in order to gain his allegiance and by the death of the young heir to the throne. (I have since learned, in the last 7 years, he was a hostage in Rome when Antiochus ascended to the throne, but was latter killed).

Antiochus IV Epiphanes (/ænˈtaɪ.əkəs ɛˈpɪfəniːz, ˌæntiˈɒkəs/; Ancient Greek: Ἀντίοχος ὁ Ἐπιφανής, Antíochos ho Epiphanḗs, "God Manifest"; c. 215 BC – November/December 164 BC)[1] was a Greek Hellenistic king who ruled the Seleucid Empire from 175 BC until his death in 164 BC. He was a son of King Antiochus III the Great. Originally named Mithradates (alternative form Mithridates), he assumed the name Antiochus after he ascended the throne.[2] Notable events during Antiochus's reign include his near-conquest of Ptolemaic Egypt, his persecution of the Jews of Judea and Samaria, and the rebellion of the Jewish Maccabees.

Antiochus's accession to the throne was controversial, and he was seen as a usurper by some. After the death of his brother Seleucus IV Philopator in 175 BC, the "true" heir should have been Seleucus's son Demetrius I.

(1) The 10 (E.U.) freely give their power unto the Beast in Rev. 17:12.

The ships of Chittim relate to Numbers 24:24, but for the latter day time in Daniel 11:30 about an 'unknown' army to comes against the final Antichrist. It ain't about some Roman senator playing politics. Chittim means 'the bruisers'.
#3794 כִּתִּי Kittiy {kit-tee'}
or כִּתִּייִ Kittiyiy {kit-tee-ee'}

patrial from an unused name denoting Cyprus (only in the pl.); TWOT - n/a; adj
—Hebrew Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)

Patrial from an unused name denoting Cyprus (only in the plural); a Kittite or Cypriote; hence an islander in general, that is, the Greeks or Romans on the shores opposite Palestine:—Chittim, Kittim.
—Strong's (Hebrew & Chaldee Dictionary of the Old Testament)

Since Antiochus was the Greek king he could not be opposing him self, this is a well known event, it was the Roman's who put Antiochus in his place, drew a circle around him in the sand and dared him to leave without agreeing he would not invade Egypt again.

Gaius Popillius Laenas (Remember him? He is the Roman Senator who history tells us forbade Antiochus from invading Egypt "again".

He was sent as an envoy to prevent a war between Antiochus IV Epiphanes of the Seleucid Empire and Ptolemaic Egypt. On being confronted with the Roman demands that he abort his attack on Alexandria, Antiochus played for time; Popillius Laenas is supposed to have drawn a circle around the king in the sand with his cane, and ordered him not to move out of it until a firm answer had been given. The Syrians withdrew. According to Livy:

Now go read all of the commentaries, you know it means Rome, I left off the Bruiser part because since you pasted that you saw the other meaning. So, it was Roman Bruiser's right? (SMILE). It was a Roman senator, its well known in history, that is why it took you so long to reply, you realized I was correct. Now your pride will not let you admit it. Its OK to be wrong brother, it means we learn. Learning is good.

Last edited:

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CONTINUED................

No, that is NOT about the time of Alexander's Greece. Antiochus Epiphanes took Jerusalem with an army back in 170 B.C., about 200 years PRIOR to Jesus warning about the "abomination of desoaltion". So you cannot try and ISOLATE THIS DANIEL 11 PROPHECY TO YOUR OWN LIKING. You MUST stay with what is written, and that INCLUDES CHRIST'S OLIVET PROPHECY FOR THE END where He referred to this abomination to be setup by the "vile person" (Matthew 24:15 and Mark 13:14).
Sure it is..........I said Daniel 11 is about the whole Greek Kingdom, reread what I stated. Now lets see: I told you I did an Exegesis of the whole chapter, and Daniel 12 as well, its one dream.

DANIEL CHAPTER 11 & 12 AN EXEGESIS OF SORTS:

Daniel 11 King James Version (KJV)

Dan. 11:1
Also I in the first year of Darius the Mede, even I, stood to confirm and to strengthen him.

The first verse in chapter 11 is seemingly a direct continuation of chapter 10. Gabriel is still uttering unto Daniel things to come. Gabriel states that back in the first year of Darius (same year Daniel ch. 9 was given us) that he "stood to confirm and strengthen him". So what does this even mean? Who are the players here? Michael, Gabriel, Darius and Daniel, so who stood to confirm and strengthen? I proffer that its Darius who is being strengthened by Gabriel and I get that by looking at the next few verses in contextual sequence. It seems Gabriel comes against certain world powers and sometimes strengthens other world powers, according to Gods will. The powers of the spiritual world and their behind the scenes back and forth is indeed fascinating.

2 And now will I shew thee the truth. Behold, there shall stand up yet three kings in Persia; and the fourth shall be far richer than they all: and by his strength through his riches he shall stir up all against the realm of Grecia.

This seems to be the whole history of Persia in one verse, just a filler of history so to speak.

3 And a mighty king shall stand up, that shall rule with great dominion, and do according to his will.

This of course is about Alexander the great of Grecian lore.

4 And when he shall stand up, his kingdom shall be broken, and shall be divided toward the four winds of heaven; and not to his posterity, nor according to his dominion which he ruled: for his kingdom shall be plucked up, even for others beside those.

After Alexander the Great died there stood up four Kings in his stead, this is not the norm to say the least. Succession of Kingdoms are usually passed from father to son or some close kin and thus this prophetic uttering was spot on, the Kingdom was divided unto his four Generals.

5 And the king of the south shall be strong, and one of his princes; and he shall be strong above him, and have dominion; his dominion shall be a great dominion.

The King of the south as mentioned here is of course Ptolemy I (First) this is still speaking about the Greek Empire. The southern most kingdom became very strong and powerful as did the northern kingdom. Basically these two were the "super powers" of the region, while the other two diminished in power. This is the era of the First Syrian War being described.

6 And in the end of years they shall join themselves together; for the king's daughter of the south shall come to the king of the north to make an agreement: but she shall not retain the power of the arm; neither shall he stand, nor his arm: but she shall be given up, and they that brought her, and he that begat her, and he that strengthened her in these times.

We have moved ahead here to the last part of the Second Syrian War. Ptolemy II, the king of the south, sent his daughter Berenice unto Antiochus II, the king of the north hoping their marriage would bring peace. It however did not work as planned, Antiochus II, Berenice and their son were all murdered by Antiochus II's ex-wife.

7 But out of a branch of her roots (Berenice's brother) shall one stand up in his estate, which shall come with an army, and shall enter into the fortress of the king of the north, and shall deal against them, and shall prevail: 8 And shall also carry captives into Egypt their gods, with their princes, and with their precious vessels of silver and of gold; and he shall continue more years than the king of the north. 9 So the king of the south shall come into his kingdom, and shall return into his own land.

The above describes the Third Syrian War. Ptolemy III, the brother of Berenice invaded the north victoriously. He recovered a number of statues and many valuables and returned them to Egypt. He of course outlived the king of the north by a few years, hence the prophetic uttering in verse 8 comes to pass.

{{{ I placed a little more than Alexander the Great here to show you the grunt work I put in on all of this brother, I got tired of not being able to explain Daniel 11 to people, so I studied, looked at history, the bible, early Church leaders writings, Jewish historians, Wikipedia history and Youtube tutorials and put together all of these things into one Exegesis of Daniel 11 & 12. Its how I roll, I go all out brother. }}}

NOTICE: Only Antiochus and the Anti-Christ cover many verses in the chapter, he's the ARCHETYPE

So, Daniel 11 runs from Alexander the Great to Antiochus in Dan. 11:21-34 the archetype of the soon to come Anti-Christ, who is seem in verses 36-45. There are enough differences that we can see they are two different people, as I told you. Again, if you have an "ARCHETYPE" God shows us that for a reason, Antiochus Epiphanes defiled the temple by a sacrificing a pig unto Zeus. Once again you take a word like abomination of desolation and totally misconstrue it to the point that only ONE PERSON can commit an Abomination. We know that the AoD Jesus was speaking of is future, that goes without saying, but the Abomination in verses 31-32 is Antiochus, not the Anti-Christ, nor can it be. The Jews who live during the time of the Anti-Christ are protected by God in the Petra/Bozrah area, they do not "DO EXPLOITS" like happened during the Maccabean Revolt.

Dan. 11:31
And arms shall stand on his part, and (1)they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate. 32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.

That is not end time Jews, they do not do EXPLOITS !! The Maccabean's Revolted and ran the Greeks out of Judea !! The Jews in the end times are in the Petra/Bozrah area, so this is not them !!

You act like everyone in the whole world doesn't know Jesus was speaking about the End Time AoD !! That is a given, but Dan. 11:31-32 is Antiochus, Dan 11:36-45 is the coming Anti-Christ. See Dan11:40-43? Egypt gets conquered AGAIN, but in verse 29 it says he comes again against the south (Egypt)

29 At the time appointed he shall return, and come toward the south; but it shall not be as the former, or as the latter.

Egypt was conquered by this man in verses 24-27. The Anti-Christ only conquers ONCE in verses 40-43.

Dan. 11:25 And he shall stir up his power and his courage against the king of the south (Egypt) with a great army; and the king of the south shall be stirred up to battle with a very great and mighty army; but he shall not stand: for they shall forecast devices against him. 26 Yea, they that feed of the portion of his meat shall destroy him, and his army shall overflow: and many shall fall down slain.

Believe me, the Anti-Christ will not need any help from "Egyptian Insiders" to conquer them. And in the End Times Egypt will not have a Great Army !! Think man !! This is why verse 29 says HE SHALL RETURN, but it will not be as the FORMER (where he was allowed to invade Egypt while the Romans were preoccupied with another war). AND..........it will not be as "THE LATTER" meaning verses 40-43 who is the Anti-Christ !!

These verses tell us the Time of the End is at a later appointed time. (see verses 36-45 for that time)

33 And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days. 34 Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries. 35 And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.

The End Time Jews who repent (made white) will be protected. These Jewish Saints will be killed but also will fight (be helped) BUT.......many will cleave to flatteries simply means they chose to be Hellenistic Jews and were not harmed, that will not be the case with the Anti-Christ he will kill the 2/3 who do not repent and flee Judea !! But Antiochus let the Hellenistic Jews live !! And verse 35 tells us the end time is not now in verse 35 but it it is YET FOR A TIME APPOINTED..........see verses 36-45 !!

CONTINUED....................

Last edited:

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... Daniel 11 runs from Alexander the Great to Antiochus in Dan. 11:21-34 ...
Actually, it doesn't. Antiochus Epiphanes IV is not in Daniel 11, or all of Daniel, at all.

This may be demonstrated as you require. If you do not require, I will not comment, and simply move on.

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daniel 9 is about Jesus Christ.

Dan 9:26 KJB - And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Dan 9:26 HOT - ואחרי השׁבעים שׁשׁים ושׁנים יכרת משׁיח ואין לו והעיר והקדשׁ ישׁחית עם נגיד הבא וקצו בשׁטף ועד קץ מלחמה נחרצת שׁממות׃

Dan 9:26 HOT Str#/wRMAC - ואחריH310 השׁבעיםH7620 שׁשׁיםH8346 ושׁניםH8147 יכרתH3772 משׁיחH4899 ואיןH369 לו והעירH5892 והקדשׁH6944 ישׁחיתH7843 עםH5971 נגידH5057 הבאH935 וקצוH7093 בשׁטףH7858 ועדH5704 קץH7093 מלחמהH4421 נחרצתH2782

Dan 9:26 HOT translit. - w'achárëy haSHävuiym shiSHiym ûsh'nayim yiKärët mäshiyªch w'ëyn lô w'häiyr w'haQodesh yash'chiyt am nägiyd haBä w'qiTZô vaSHe†ef w'ad qëtz mil'chämäh nechéretzet shomëmôt

Even if one does not read Hebrew (which is unnecessary), but simply the English, carefully, and with the bible in mind in other places, which shed light upon these events, we can know for certain, that the "prince that shall come" was indeed Jesus Christ. How can we know from the English (KJB)?

[1] in Daniel 9:25, Jesus is called "Messiah the Prince" (משׁיח נגיד;
משׁיחH4899 נגידH5057; mäshiyªch nägiyd)

[2] in Daniel 9:26a, Jesus is again called "Messiah" (משׁיח; משׁיחH4899; mäshiyªch) and thus Daniel 9:26 is simply enlarging upon Daniel 9:25's "Messiah (a.) the Prince (b.)", when vs 26 says, "Messiah (a.) ... the prince (b.) that shall come ..."; in other words "the ruler" that was prophesied to be sent by God to rule all (Isaiah 9:6,7; Micah 5:2; Matthew 2:6).

[3] the word "prince" (נגיד ; נגידH5057; nägiyd) is only used for Jesus Christ the Messiah in all of Daniel, see Daniel 9:25,26, 11:22 ("prince of the covenant") as the anointed ruler thereof. Other examples in scripture of this are seen in the anointed kings of Israel (see 1 Samuel 25:30; 2 Samuel 6:21, 7:8; 1 Kings 1:35, 14:7, 16:2; 1 Chronicles 5:2, 11:2, 17:7, 28:4, 29:22; 2 Chronicles 6:5, 11:22), the anointed rulers of the priests (1 Chronicles 9:11,20, 12:27; 2 Chronicles 31:12,13, 35:8; Jeremiah 20:1; Nehemiah 11:11; or those associated, 1 Chronicles 26:24, 27:4), the leaders of the tribes of Israel (1 Chronicles 27:16), generals/captains over others (1 Chronicles 13:1; 2 Chronicles 11:11; Psalms 76:12), or as one like Job (Job 31:37). (There are a few rare instances in scripture where the word can be used in a general sense for any ruler or captain over others (Job 29:10), even an opposing ruler/s, captains (see 2 Chronicles 23:21; Ezekiel 28:2), but the context is always clear in these instances; and it can mean a few other things in rare instances (Proverbs 8:6)).

[4] Gabriel and Daniel (Daniel 10:20), under guidance of the Holy Ghost, when referring to a foreign power and its leadership thereof, as a 'prince' (such as in the case of Grecia), another word is used instead, which is (שׂר ;שׂר H8269; sar; which means 'ruler'), and thus the word, "prince" (נגיד ; נגידH5057; nägiyd)" in Daniel 9, in its own context and surrounding, is not a reference to the Roman ruler (Caesar) in Daniel 9, though the word "sar" can be applied.

[5] the entire context of Daniel 9 is the Messiah and His people,

[a.] Daniel 9:24a, "thy (Daniel's) people", the Israelites
[b.] Daniel 9:24b, "thy (Daniel's) holy city, earthly Jerusalem
[c.] Daniel 9:24c,d,e,f,g,h - dealing with the sins of the professed people of God and the ministration of the Great High Priest/Jesus and his work on earth and in Heaven.
[d.] Daniel 9:25a, "the commandment to restore and rebuild Jerusalem" (found in Ezra 6:14, 7:1-28)
[e.] Daniel 9:25b, "Messiah the Prince" - Jesus Christ
[f.] Daniel 9:26a, "Messiah" - Jesus Christ
[g.] Daniel 9:26b, "the people of the prince" - Israelites
[h.] Daniel 9:26b, "of the prince that shall come" - Jesus, being ruler over "the people" sent of God, that was to "come"
[i.] Daniel 9:26c, "the city and the sanctuary" - earthly Jerusalem
[j.] Daniel 9:27a, "And he ..." - Jesus (Pronoun pointing back to a Noun, context, Messiah the Prince, Messiah ... the prince that shall come)
[k.] Daniel 9:27b "confirm the covenant with many for one week" - Jesus confirms the New Covenant with the Apostles (Hebrews 2:3) for the first half of the week (3 1/2 years unto AD 31, His death) and then confirms with the rest of the people through His Apostles, for 3 1/2 more years, unto the stoning of Stephen (AD 34) and the rejection of it by the Sanhedrin, as they had done to Jesus.
[l.] Daniel 9:27c, "he shall cause the sacrifice and oblation to cease" - Jesus (Pronoun pointing back to the Noun, Messiah the Prince), did this by His death, and thus there are no more sacrifices for sins as Hebrews 10:26, etc, explains.
[m.] Daniel 9:27d, "he shall make it (earthly sanctuary) desolate" - Jesus (Pronoun pointing back to a Noun) leaves and does not return to earthly Jerusalem, neither to the earthly temple ever again, see Matthew 23:38; Luke 13:35.

[6] there are previous examples given to us in scripture, and Daniel himself experienced one of them.

[a.] In the first destruction of Jerusalm and its Temple by Babylon and King Nebuchadnezzar, this very King is used by God to punish rebellious Israel, because they (the people) had rejected God, and so God withdrew, and allowed the city/temple to be destroyed. What brought the destruction? Israel's sins. Nebuchadnezzar is even called by God, "my servant" (Jeremiah 25:9).

[b.] In the events of Moses and the Israelites attempting to cross over into the promised land. Balak and Balaam came along, and could do nothing to affect them, that is until the people sinned, and so God withdrew His protection, and allowed destruction to come.

There are numerous examples of this in scripture, see the book of Judges, etc.

Therefore, the same events repeated, as per Ecclesiastes 1:9, 3:15; in that when "the people" (of God) rejected the "Messiah the Prince", the "Messiah ... the prince that shall come" (as promised by God), they actually destroyed their own city and temple, because they rejected the protection God offered in Christ Jesus. When Jesus said, "Your house is left unto you desolate", it was in exact fulfillment of Daniel as was the statement of Jesus in reference to the destruction (Matthew 23:36) that would be brought about by such rejection and refusal to repent of sin and accept Him, their Messiah, their rightful Prince.

Did the Roman armies actually destroy Jerusalem? Only in after effect (as the Babylonians), for if the Jewish leadership had accepted the Messiah their prince, no such destruction could have come, for God would have dwelt in it, and its sanctuary.

The entire context of Daniel 9, is about God's people, sin, deliverance and the Messiah.

Who destroyed the city? God's own professed people by their neglect and refusal. Even as the human city/temple may so be destroyed:

1Co_3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Mat_5:14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Reactions: covenantee

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When an image that looks human comes to life, what do you call that? Pinocchio?
It's an image to the beast... The first beast of Revelation 13, which is an institution or political/church entity, not an individual. All beasts in prophecy are political entities, some with a religious face. The holy Spirit didn't change the metaphorical symbolism half way through scripture and suddenly switch the beast metaphor to people as opposed to governments or nations. Prophetic symbolism was designed to inform and warn, not to confuse.
While that particular beast had characterizations that bore deliberate similarities to Satan, as described and identified in Revelation 12:3,9 the early physical manifestation was of pagan Rome, it's representative being Herod who sought the death of Jesus, the child mentioned in that context.
All the beasts/nations of Daniel 7 were established by the dragon to oppose God's will and purposes on earth, particularly in attempting to stop the coming Promised one of Genesis 3:15, the Messiah. As time progressed, each beast of you notice bore more striking similarities to it's originator, Satan, the dragon, until by the time of the end, the first beast is almost an image. The second beast, through governmental structures including popular vote, does produce an image of a union of church and state but comprising a false counterfeit trinity of the dragon, the beast and the false prophet. Spiritualism, catholicism, and apostate protestantism.

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The verse does not say a Covenant was made. It says confirmed. God is confirming with the many who are still under the Covenant, but still alive on earth.
Go look up the word, you guys do not put in the study, you just trust every English translation. That's mind boggling to me tbh. The Hebrew word is GABOR which suggests a forced agreement made by a person who is insolent. And the agreements are already in place, he just forces concessions upon him becoming king or president of the E.U.

Man's theology is way off to think there is a week or 7 year treaty. Both are erroneous views. In the midst of the week of the 7th Trumpet is when this confirmation happens. This is the last of the redeemed on earth. Satan will only get 42 months, if God in foreknowledge knows some or even one soul is beheaded and rejects the mark of the beast. If no one is left to behead, then Satan will not even get 42 months. There will never be an AoD then.
Here is where you are right and you may not even know why, but at the same time, the E.U. curently have 7 year agreements with Israel a d every nation in the Mediterranean Sea Region via the European Neighborhood Policy did you know that? So, it might actually be 7 years. But I have always thought of it on these terms. It can be an Agreement with no term or number of years at all, I mean when the 12 Colonies joined they didn't specify a certain number of years right? BUT........God who knows all things understands Jesus is returning 7 years after the "Agreement" is made, thus He says 7 years because Israel punishment last for 490 years and in order ton lay down a time table for this man's betrayal, in the middle of that week.

The greatest ever troubles WILL LAST 3.5 years, Jesus in Matt. 24 is simply referring to when he returns, that event SHORTENS the Anti-Christs "Natural Lifespan" and thus Israel's troubles. The 7th Trump only blows in order to bring firth the 3rd Woe, which is all 7 vials. The AoD happens 30 days before the Anti-Christ becomes the Beast.

The Atonement Covenant is strengthened and still extended to those who will be beheaded. That is what Revelation 10 and time being up is about. This is the last roll call of the redeemed. The point is that the strength of the Atonement goes on even in the midst of this time of abomination and desolation. This 42 months splits a set of 7 days in half. Not a set of 7 years, as there is no 3.5 years of tribulation after Armageddon. What is the point? All of Adam's flesh is dead physically after Armageddon. No one is left to redeem. Those beheaded prior to Armageddon is all there is. They are still covered by the Atonement Covenant.

The Dan. 9:27 prophecy is n kt about Atonement. You guys just do not get ot do you?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you do not understand what a "JUXTAPOSITION" is? I think you do, but you just wanted to dodge the point that has you defeated so you use these evasion tactics. But, in any debate when you dodge the facts, you automatically lose the debate. The POINT was you can't take just ONE WORD and limit God's ability to use that word on only one person or thing, and psstt, you already know that don't you? So, not only did you lose the debate, but you also proved "the facts" are not that important to you in full, as long as you can evade the defeat, but alas, you lose the debate when you try to evade.
Of course I know what the word juxtaposition means. but that is irrelevant to the fact that Jesus FOREWARNED about the "abomination of desolation" event from the Book of Daniel within His Signs for the end of this world!

So all you're trying to do is figure out some... way to drive a wedge against that very prophecy by Christ, just so you can insert some idiotic doctrine from Judaizers.

As per the Rapture, as I have stated, anyone who can't understand the timing of the Rapture I trust nothing they have to say about Eschatology. Its too easy to understand.
Well if you think the timing of Christ's coming and gathering of His Church is at ANY OTHER TIME THAN AFTER the "great tribulation", then you don't know what the Bible actually teaches on it. Jesus made it plain when He comes and gathers His Church in Matthew 24:29-31 and Mark 13:24-27, where He showed it will be AFTER... the tribulation of those days. So anyone that goes against that Scripture as written, directly by Jesus Christ as quoted by His Apostles, then those against that work for the devil, either unknowingly (deceived by men) or knowingly. So which one are you?

This also is not hard to understand, the similarities are major, but there are enough differences between the two that they can be pointed out easily. So, we get a rundown of every king in Greece all the way from Alexander the Great to Antiochus his archetype and then the Anti-Christ and you think that God skipped Antiochus? The whole purpose was to show us who the Anti-Christ will be like unto. I can prove that verses 21-34 is not Antiochus. Let's start one verse before Antiochus Epiphanes comes to power to prove who verse 21 is about. Did you really study this as I did via hours of relentless studies, or did you just cling to someone else's ideas? We must try the spirits brother. We can't except men's theories. History doesn't lie, and neither does the spirit, its a lethal combo when studying prophecy. I do not think there is anyway that anyone can dig into history and not understand Dan. 11:21-34 is not about Antiochus Epiphanes.
The "vile person" of Daniel 11 is to COME TO POWER AS KING PEACEABLY FOR THE END OF THIS WORLD. Antiochus of history instead took Jerusalem by FORCE, with an army.

So if you don't see how that is A MAJOR DIFFERENCE between the two, then your mind has simply been BLINDED BY THE MEN YOU LISTEN TO. They have gotten you to LEAVE... the actual Bible Scriptures. Therefore, IF YOU REFUSE TO SEE THE DIFFERENCE... OF PROPHETIC PARAMETERS about the "vile person" for the END vs. what Antiochus Epiphanes did back in history, then you ARE NOT COMPARING ANTIOCHUS TO THE FINAL ANTICHRIST, but instead falsely claiming the "vile person" prophecy is already dead history, which it ain't!

Dan. 11:20 Then shall stand up in his estate a raiser of taxes in the glory of the kingdom: but within few days he shall be destroyed, neither in anger, nor in battle.

{my original Exegesis} Antiochus III's son Seleucus IV became king and had to raise taxes because Rome was forcing him to have to pay for all his fathers wars, he was soon poisoned to death it seems.
That raiser of taxes was NOT ANTIOCHUS. The "vile person" prophecy starts in Daniel 11:21. It's the "vile person" which Antiochus Epiphanes served as a 'type' for as the FINAL ANTICHRIST AT THE END OF THIS WORLD. Thus your Preterist/Historicist attemps to show that "vile person" prophecy was past history is all in vain! And Lord Jesus showed that very thing with your error about Antiochus and Rome.

And you can read all the speculative commentaries in the whole world, but they are not going to show you the REAL TIMING OF THE "vile person" PROPHECIES FOR THE END OF THIS WORLD, and PARTICULARLY THE 'ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION' EVENT FOR THE END OF THIS WORLD. So posting all those commentaries is just your CANNON FODDER OF IGNORANCE, BECAUSE GOD HAS NOT SHOWN YOU THE CORRECT UNDERSTANDING OF THAT PROPHECY, AND NO DOUBT BECAUSE OF YOU TURNING TO ANYONE AND EVERYTHING OTHER THAN HIM FOR IT!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CONTINUED................

Sure it is..........I said Daniel 11 is about the whole Greek Kingdom, reread what I stated. Now lets see: I told you I did an Exegesis the whole chapter, and Daniel 12 as well, its one dream.

Do you really think I don't know the DECEPTION YOU'RE TRYING TO PUSH ABOUT THE DANIEL 11 CHAPTER?

As I have already shown MANY TIMES FROM BIBLE SCRIPTURE, the "vile person" prophecy in Daniel 11 is about the FINAL ANTICHRIST FOR THE VERY END OF THIS WORLD.

That "vile person" (FINAL ANTICHRIST AT THE END) will come to power in Jerusalem using PEACE, not war, as written...

Dan 11:21
21 And in his estate shall stand up a vile person, to whom they shall not give the honour of the kingdom: but he shall come in peaceably, and obtain the kingdom by flatteries.
KJV

That "vile person" will then make a "league" with a small group of people in Jerusalem, i.e., FALSE JEWS. That "league" is the "covenant" mentioned back in the Daniel 9:27 Scripture about Daniel's final symbolic "one week", i.e., the last 70th week, which is for the VERY END OF THIS WORLD.

Dan 11:23
23 And after the league made with him he shall work deceitfully: for he shall come up, and shall become strong with a small people.
KJV

Then after certain dealings with the nations, the "vile person" will return with great riches to his land (Jerusalem). And his heart will be against the "holy covenant". There is NOTHING HOLY about the political "league" he will make with a small group of Jewish leaders in Jerusalem for the end. The DIFFERENCE is that "league" of Daniel 11:23 will simply be a political accord in order to RE-ESTABLISH OLD COVENANT WORSHIP, AND BUILDING OF A NEW JEWISH TEMPLE IN JERUSALEM IN ORDER TO CARRY OUT THAT RE-ESTABLISHED SACRIFICIAL WORSHIP BY THE ORTHODOX JEWS IN JERUSALEM AT THE END OF THIS WORLD.

Dan 11:28
28 Then shall he return into his land with great riches; and his heart shall be against the holy covenant; and he shall do exploits, and return to his own land.
KJV

Then when the "ships of Chittim" (bruisers) come against him, he will return to Jerusalem and then outwardly be against... that "holy covenant" (i.e., the reestablished old covenant worship in Jerusalem.)

NOTE: Antiochus Epiphanes NEVER DID RE-ESTABLISH OLD COVENANT WORSHIP IN 170 B.C., SIMPLY BECAUSE IT WAS ALREADY GOING ON BY THE JEWS IN JERUSALEM. What Antiochus did, was to CONQUER JERUSALEM WITH AN ARMY, BY WAR, then he ENDED the daily sacrifices of the Jews, and instead setup a pagan idol in false worship, inside a standing Jewish temple!

Dan 11:30-31
30 For the ships of Chittim shall come against him: therefore he shall be grieved, and return, and have indignation against the holy covenant: so shall he do; he shall even return, and have intelligence with them that forsake the holy covenant.

31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.
KJV

Then the next Daniel 11 verses about the "vile person" (FINAL ANTICHRIST) is about his exalting himself in Jerusalem AS GOD. NOTE: Antiochus Epiphanes DID NOT DO THIS. Instead, Antiochus setup an IDOL in the temple to the false Greek god ZEUS, and DEMANDED THAT ALL BOW TO IT! So once again, YOU ONLY DESIRE TO DECEIVE BY YOUR LEAVING THE ACTUAL WRITTEN BIBLE PROPHECY THERE IN DANIEL 11!

Dan 11:32-36
32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.

33 And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.

34 Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries.

35 And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.

36 And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.
KJV

That event of that "vile person" exalting HIMSELF IN PLACE OF GOD IN THE TEMPLE OF GOD IN JERUSALEM FOR THE END is what Apostle Paul was warning Christ's Church about in 2 Thessalonians 2! Paul showed that event and a great falling away (because of it) MUST happen BEFORE Jesus will come to gather His Church. And is another Message to show that there ain't no pre-trib rapture!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Satan creates a human man in Revelation 13?

"And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed."

So this man Satan creates is your AC, now you know. Don't call it a robot, or Pinocchio. Call this image a man if you want to. I was not talking about Genesis 1 and 2. I was talking about your future antichrist.
That simply defines the scope and the point of confusion regarding all that is written.

That passage of Revelation is not about a single future anti-Christ figure, but rather falls within the context of "the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after this." Which is to say, the things of all time, past, present, and future. In which case, the passage refers rather to Satan's being given power to give life to mankind (the created "image" of God) after God had said "you shall surely die." It is for this reason that Jesus referred to Abraham's descendants, saying to them, "your father the devil."

So, no, there is no single future anti-Christ figure as many believe and have taught. Nor does "the man of sin revealed" refer to one man, but rather to all who are born of the flesh since Adam whose children are also the children of Satan their father who was given power to give them life in the flesh, though they were cursed.

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The antichrist isn't just one person.

Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

The antichrist is the one who sits in the temple of God, showing himself he is God. What is the temple of God? It is you. You are the dwelling place of the Holy Spirit. What are you doing in God's temple, acting like you own the place?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, it doesn't. Antiochus Epiphanes IV is not in Daniel 11, or all of Daniel, at all.

This may be demonstrated as you require. If you do not require, I will not comment, and simply move on.
Do you understand what the phrase "whoso readeth, let him understand" means?

I doubt it means that those who heard that day, had no clue what Jesus was talking about. So what can the reader understand about something they (those in the audience) already knew happened? If nothing happened how can any one understand a prophecy that has never been fulfilled?

The AoD was mentioned in Daniel. Why would we reading about it today associate it as a future warning? Was Matthew written after or before this future event, that has not even happened to this day?

Go ahead, explain what the reader knows, or needs to understand about something that has never happened.

In normal situations when a person is talking to another about something similar happening as in Daniel, that person being spoken to has some understanding of a fulfilled prophecy that the reader may not have.

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course I know what the word juxtaposition means. but that is irrelevant to the fact that Jesus FOREWARNED about the "abomination of desolation" event from the Book of Daniel within His Signs for the end of this world!

So all you're trying to do is figure out some... way to drive a wedge against that very prophecy by Christ, just so you can insert some idiotic doctrine from Judaizers.
That's the WHOLE POINT, its two different Abominations. Ever hear of Hanukkah ?

The name "Hanukkah" derives from the Hebrew verb "חנך", meaning "to dedicate". On Hanukkah, the Maccabean Jews regained control of Jerusalem and rededicated the Temple.

Antiochus defiles the Temple of God

Antiochus's actions provoked a large-scale revolt. Mattathias (Mattityahu), a Jewish priest, and his five sons Jochanan, Simeon, Eleazar, Jonathan, and Judah led a rebellion against Antiochus. It started with Mattathias killing first a Jew who wanted to comply with Antiochus's order to sacrifice to Zeus, and then a Greek official who was to enforce the government's behest (1 Mac. 2, 24–25[45]). Judah became known as Yehuda HaMakabi ("Judah the Hammer"). By 166 BCE, Mattathias had died, and Judah took his place as leader. By 164 BCE, the Jewish revolt against the Seleucid monarchy was successful. The Temple was liberated and rededicated. The festival of Hanukkah was instituted to celebrate this event.[46] Judah ordered the Temple to be cleansed, a new altar to be built in place of the polluted one and new holy vessels to be made.[22] According to the Talmud,

"For when the Greeks entered the Sanctuary, they defiled all the oils therein, and when the Hasmonean dynasty prevailed against and defeated them, they made search and found only one cruse of oil which lay with the seal of the kohen gadol (high priest), but which contained sufficient [oil] for one day's lighting only; yet a miracle was wrought therein, and they lit [the lamp] therewith for eight days. The following year these [days] were appointed a Festival with [the recital of] Hallel and thanksgiving."

—Shabbat 21b

Hanukkah is simply a rededication of the defiled Temple unto God. Of course Antiochus defiled the temple, he was the forerunner to the Anti-Christ, his archetype. That's the whole point of Daniel 11. You miss the reason Gid gave us a rundown of all the Greek Kings. He gave us a preview of the soon to come Anti-Christ.

Well if you think the timing of Christ's coming and gathering of His Church is at ANY OTHER TIME THAN AFTER the "great tribulation", then you don't know what the Bible actually teaches on it. Jesus made it plain when He comes and gathers His Church in Matthew 24:29-31 and Mark 13:24-27, where He showed it will be AFTER... the tribulation of those days. So anyone that goes against that Scripture as written, directly by Jesus Christ as quoted by His Apostles, then those against that work for the devil, either unknowingly (deceived by men) or knowingly. So which one are you?
Which les me know why you can't get prophecy right overall. The verses you site as backing you up are mocking your points brother, they prove you in error themselves.

The "vile person" of Daniel 11 is to COME TO POWER AS KING PEACEABLY FOR THE END OF THIS WORLD. Antiochus of history instead took Jerusalem by FORCE, with an army.

So if you don't see how that is A MAJOR DIFFERENCE between the two, then your mind has simply been BLINDED BY THE MEN YOU LISTEN TO. They have gotten you to LEAVE... the actual Bible Scriptures. Therefore, IF YOU REFUSE TO SEE THE DIFFERENCE... OF PROPHETIC PARAMETERS about the "vile person" for the END vs. what Antiochus Epiphanes did back in history, then you ARE NOT COMPARING ANTIOCHUS TO THE FINAL ANTICHRIST, but instead falsely claiming the "vile person" prophecy is already dead history, which it ain't!
You get the VERSES WRONG !! You conflate different events. I have posted this in full mostly, and can you not read? Lets try it again, the PEACFUL portion is about his ascension to power in Greece,(vs 21) even though he was not the heir.

Then in vs. 22 is says he uses arms (Weapons) which mans he con quered Israel. Then in verse 23 it switches to Egypt. You can't understand a passage when you get the players wrong.

21 And in his estate(Selecus IV of verse 20 this PROVES it is Antiochus lol) shall stand up a vile person, to whom they shall not give the honour of the kingdom: but he shall come in peaceably(as the Greek King of the Selucids), and obtain the kingdom by flatteries(This is NOT ABOUT Israel).

Antiochus IV then became king, he is called a vile person. He became king via a series of maneuvers which included flattering the king of Pergamum to gain his allegiance and by the death of the young heir to the throne.

22 And with the arms of a flood shall they be overflown(this is about Jerusalem) from before him, and shall be broken; yea, also the prince of the covenant(High Priest is killed).

The High Priest, Onias III (prince of the covenant) was replaced via a conspiracy involving the high priests brother Jason and Antiochus Epiphanes but his brother was also double crossed when another priest bribed Antiochus Epiphanes with even more money, it seems he was for sale at all times for a price, Jason's real name was Yeshua, he favored the Hellenization of Jerusalem/Israel, where as his brother Onias III was a pious man of God who was put to death.

23 And after the league made with him he shall work deceitfully: for he shall come up, and shall become strong with a small people. (THIS is about Egypt)

Antiochus Epiphanes wanted to conquer Egypt in a bad way. He took a "small army" down to Egypt feigning to be the protector of Ptolemy VI who was his nephew. He was of course trying to deceive them whereas he could eventually conquer them via craftiness. This was seemingly his master-plan.

So, there is no way you can get Prophecy right brother until you put in the grunt work. He comes to power peacefully is speaking about becoming the king of the Selucids. You conflate verses 21 and 22.

That raiser of taxes was NOT ANTIOCHUS. The "vile person" prophecy starts in Daniel 11:21. It's the "vile person" which Antiochus Epiphanes served as a 'type' for as the FINAL ANTICHRIST AT THE END OF THIS WORLD. Thus your Preterist/Historicist attemps to show that "vile person" prophecy was past history is all in vain! And Lord Jesus showed that very thing with your error about Antiochus and Rome.

And you can read all the speculative commentaries in the whole world, but they are not going to show you the REAL TIMING OF THE "vile person" PROPHECIES FOR THE END OF THIS WORLD, and PARTICULARLY THE 'ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION' EVENT FOR THE END OF THIS WORLD. So posting all those commentaries is just your CANNON FODDER OF IGNORANCE, BECAUSE GOD HAS NOT SHOWN YOU THE CORRECT UNDERSTANDING OF THAT PROPHECY, AND NO DOUBT BECAUSE OF YOU TURNING TO ANYONE AND EVERYTHING OTHER THAN HIM FOR IT!
Of course it is, and verse 20 is about Seleucus IV and verse 21 starts out like this.........WATCH: Remember there were no verses. See how verses 20 and 21 go together !!

20 Then shall stand up in his estate a raiser of taxes(Seleucus IV) in the glory of the kingdom: but within few days he shall be destroyed, neither in anger, nor in battle.

21 And in his estate(Seleucus IV) shall stand up a vile person(Antiochus), to whom they shall not give the honour of the kingdom: but he shall come in peaceably, and obtain the kingdom by flatteries.

Its elementary.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's an image to the beast... The first beast of Revelation 13, which is an institution or political/church entity, not an individual. All beasts in prophecy are political entities, some with a religious face. The holy Spirit didn't change the metaphorical symbolism half way through scripture and suddenly switch the beast metaphor to people as opposed to governments or nations. Prophetic symbolism was designed to inform and warn, not to confuse.
While that particular beast had characterizations that bore deliberate similarities to Satan, as described and identified in Revelation 12:3,9 the early physical manifestation was of pagan Rome, it's representative being Herod who sought the death of Jesus, the child mentioned in that context.
All the beasts/nations of Daniel 7 were established by the dragon to oppose God's will and purposes on earth, particularly in attempting to stop the coming Promised one of Genesis 3:15, the Messiah. As time progressed, each beast of you notice bore more striking similarities to it's originator, Satan, the dragon, until by the time of the end, the first beast is almost an image. The second beast, through governmental structures including popular vote, does produce an image of a union of church and state but comprising a false counterfeit trinity of the dragon, the beast and the false prophet. Spiritualism, catholicism, and apostate protestantism.
The first beast of Revelation 13, coming out of the sea (of people) is the only human. Thus the FP. The beast is never said to be a human, not ever. So let's try this again:

"And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast. And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him? And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months."

Who is that him? Satan? The whole beast, your political structure? One of the heads who was healed?

Now who is the FP? The healed head?

At some point, John started talking about a him, the FP.

No mention of an AC yet. The second beast is not human, by your own metric, a beast can not be a human. The second beast is Satan.

So let me know who is the beast tossed into the LOF who was never a beast, your political structure? Are you saying the whole political structure, the first beast in Revelation was tossed into the LOF as a whole group? Then who is the FP? Where is your AC?

If the beast that is tossed into the LOF is a single being, then it can only be the image that came to life. The FP is the head (human) who was healed of a deadly wound. Or the FP was the image of the beast.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go look up the word, you guys do not put in the study, you just trust every English translation. That's mind boggling to me tbh. The Hebrew word is GABOR which suggests a forced agreement made by a person who is insolent. And the agreements are already in place, he just forces concessions upon him becoming king or president of the E.U.

Here is where you are right and you may not even know why, but at the same time, the E.U. curently have 7 year agreements with Israel a d every nation in the Mediterranean Sea Region via the European Neighborhood Policy did you know that? So, it might actually be 7 years. But I have always thought of it on these terms. It can be an Agreement with no term or number of years at all, I mean when the 12 Colonies joined they didn't specify a certain number of years right? BUT........God who knows all things understands Jesus is returning 7 years after the "Agreement" is made, thus He says 7 years because Israel punishment last for 490 years and in order ton lay down a time table for this man's betrayal, in the middle of that week.

The greatest ever troubles WILL LAST 3.5 years, Jesus in Matt. 24 is simply referring to when he returns, that event SHORTENS the Anti-Christs "Natural Lifespan" and thus Israel's troubles. The 7th Trump only blows in order to bring firth the 3rd Woe, which is all 7 vials. The AoD happens 30 days before the Anti-Christ becomes the Beast.

The Dan. 9:27 prophecy is n kt about Atonement. You guys just do not get ot do you?
Sorry but "insolent" is not in the definition of the word.

You will figure it out when the Second Coming happens.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That simply defines the scope and the point of confusion regarding all that is written.

That passage of Revelation is not about a single future anti-Christ figure, but rather falls within the context of "the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after this." Which is to say, the things of all time, past, present, and future. In which case, the passage refers rather to Satan's being given power to give life to mankind (the created "image" of God) after God had said "you shall surely die." It is for this reason that Jesus referred to Abraham's descendants, saying to them, "your father the devil."

So, no, there is no single future anti-Christ figure as many believe and have taught. Nor does "the man of sin revealed" refer to one man, but rather to all who are born of the flesh since Adam whose children are also the children of Satan their father who was given power to give them life in the flesh, though they were cursed.
If you insist.

I say Satan starts from scratch after the Second Coming. Obviously you have a different take on the Second Coming.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Go look up the word, you guys do not put in the study, you just trust every English translation. That's mind boggling to me tbh. The Hebrew word is GABOR which suggests a forced agreement made by a person who is insolent.

Ronald you are right. Another Hebrew word which is similar is H:4131 and this Herew Root word is found embedded in Daniel 8 in these verses: -

1674094568128-png.28559

H:1431 is used to describe how the Little Horn, a fallen heavenly host in power goes up against God in these two verses above from Daniel 8, in insolent gesture against God Himself. Daniel 9:27 is using a similar Hebrew word to describe the person who is making the solemn covenant with many people for one week of years.

From Scripture, we know that Christ does not exercise His power against God, but uses His power to do the things that God requires Him to do, whereas the Little Horn in Daniel, also called the False Prophet in the Book of Revelation, is insolent towards God and in Daniel 7 we are given the following information: -

Daniel 7:23-25: - 23 "Thus he said:

'The fourth beast shall be​
A fourth kingdom on earth,​
Which shall be different from all other kingdoms,​
And shall devour the whole earth,​
Trample it and break it in pieces.​
24 The ten horns are ten kings​
Who shall arise from this kingdom.​
And another shall rise after them;​
He shall be different from the first ones,​
And shall subdue three kings.​
25 He shall speak pompous words against the Most High,​
Shall persecute the saints of the Most High,​
And shall intend to change times and law.​
Then the saints shall be given into his hand​
For a time and times and half a time.​
Where Daniel 7:8 confirms that it is the Little Horn that wishes to change the times and the law after which time the Saints will be persecuted for a time, times and a half of time.

Daniel 7:8: - 8 I was considering the horns, and there was another horn, a little one, coming up among them, before whom three of the first horns were plucked out by the roots. And there, in this horn, were eyes like the eyes of a man, and a mouth speaking pompous words.

A better paraphrase of Daniel 9:27 would be: -

Daniel 9:27: -
27 Then he, the Little Horn who is insolent against God, shall make a solemn covenant to change the times​
and the Law with many for one week;​
But in the middle of the week​
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.​
And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,​
Even until the consummation, which is determined,​
Is poured out on the desolate."​

The biggest problem is that our so-called experts on this forum cookie cut the portion of scripture they wish to expound on with their wisdom without considering all of the links that exist between that particular portion of the scriptures and the other referenced parts of scripture that are associated with their cookie cut scripture(s).

Oh well, it is a good thing that many of the readers are able to see through their short comings with respect to understanding the scriptures.

Reactions: Ronald D Milam

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry but "insolent" is not in the definition of the word.

You will figure it out when the Second Coming happens.
English definition of confirm = establish the truth or correctness of something previously believed

Now lets look at the original Hebrew root word GABAR. (1396)

Daniyel 9:27 And he shall confirm 1396 z8689 the covenant 1285 with many 7227 for one 259 week: 7620 and in the midst 2677 of the week 7620 he shall cause the sacrifice 2077 and the oblation 4503 to cease, 7673 z8686 and for x5921 the overspreading 3671 of abominations 8251 he shall make [it] desolate, 8074 z8789 even until x5704 the consummation, 3617 and that determined 2782 z8737 shall be poured 5413 z8799 upon x5921 the desolate. y8074 z8802 x8076

#1396 גָּבַר gabar {gaw-bar'}

a primitive root; TWOT - 310; v
—Hebrew Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)

1) to prevail, have strength, be strong, be powerful, be mighty, be great
1a) (Qal)
1a1) to be strong, mighty
1a2) to prevail
1b) (Piel) to make strong, strengthen
1c) (Hiphil)
1c1) to confirm, give strength
1c2) to confirm (a covenant)
1d) (Hithpael)
1d1) to show oneself mighty
1d2) to act proudly (toward God)...........{which means being insolent imho}
—Brown-Driver-Briggs
(Old Testament Hebrew-English Lexicon)

A primitive root; to be strong; by implication to prevail, act insolently:—exceed, confirm, be great, be mighty, prevail, put to more [strength], strengthen, be stronger, be valiant.
—Strong's (Hebrew & Chaldee Dictionary of the Old Testament)

So, what were the Old English translators trying to say when they said Confirm? They were saying he is going to strong arm all participants into a deal he confirms or ORDERS FORTH, in an insolent manner. He will basically say its my way or the highway to Israel. In other words. if you want to be a part of the E.U. you have to give up your Nukes. He will threaten to cut off all trade between Israel and the E.U.

Last edited:

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A better paraphrase of Daniel 9:27 would be: -

Daniel 9:27: -
27 Then he, the Little Horn who is insolent against God, shall make a solemn covenant to change the timesand the Law with many for one week;
From the Hebrew:

1396 [e]
wə·hiḡ·bîr
And he shall confirm

No Little Horn, no insolent, no make, no change, no times, no Law.

Simply he, Messiah the Prince, who confirms, causing to prevail, the New Covenant in His Blood at Calvary (Matthew 26:28).

Reactions: Brakelite

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You can't even get the person correct, LOL.
Thanks for the guffaw.

The grammatical referent/antecedent of "he" is...?

Hint: Not antichrist. Not a little horn. Not a bighorn.

Messiah gets the last laugh.

Last edited: