The Flood of Noah

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JoshuaXiong

Oct 11, 2012
690pxnoahsark.jpg

Before 3000 BC - Genesis 6 - God's Mercy on Noah in the midst of Man's Wickedness

5The LORD saw how evil humans had become on the earth. All day long their deepest thoughts were nothing but evil. 6The LORD was sorry that he had made humans on the earth, and he was heartbroken. 7So he said, "I will wipe off the face of the earth these humans that I created. I will wipe out not only humans, but also domestic animals, crawling animals, and birds. I'm sorry that I made them."

11The world was corrupt in God's sight and full of violence. 12God saw the world and how corrupt it was because all people on earth lived evil lives. 13God said to Noah, "I have decided to put an end to all people because the earth is full of their violence. Now I'm going to destroy them along with the earth.

17I'm about to send a flood on the earth to destroy all people under the sky-every living, breathing human. Everything on earth will die.

Before 3000 BC - Genesis 7 - The Great Flood

4In seven days I will send rain to the earth for 40 days and 40 nights. I will wipe off the face of the earth every living creature that I have made."

21Every creature that crawls on the earth died, including birds, domestic and wild animals, and everything that swarms over the earth, along with every human. 22Everything on dry land (every living, breathing creature) died. 23Every living creature on the face of the earth was wiped out. Humans, domestic animals, crawling creatures, and birds were wiped off the earth. Only Noah and those with him in the ship were left.

Before 3000 BC - Genesis 8 - The Flood Subsides - The Ark Rests on Mount Ararat

21The LORD smelled the soothing aroma. He said to himself, "I will never again curse the ground because of humans, even though from birth their hearts are set on nothing but evil. I will never again kill every living creature as I have just done.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Greetings brother Joshua,

Welcome to CyB :)

That was a beautiful post!

Do you know that Noah's Ark has been found in eastern Turkey, about 20 miles from Mt Ararat?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Todd C. Wood, a baraminologist (creationist who knows better than to reject evolution outright) at William Jennings Bryan College in Dayton, TN, rejected the finding, observing:

[background=transparent]1. They claim that radiocarbon dates the wood to 4800 years before present, but the Ark was constructed of pre-Flood wood, which would mean that the carbon dating should be much, much older.[/background]
[background=transparent]2. The modern “Mt. Ararat” (Agri Dagh) is a post-Flood volcano. The Ark could not have landed on Agri Dagh because it did not exist at the end of the Flood, and even if it did land on modern Agri Dagh, it would have been destroyed by the many, many eruptions of Ararat since the Flood. You can observe all the fresh lava flows on Agri Dagh at Google Maps.[/background]
[background=transparent]3. Given that the Flood survivors left the Ark to find a devastated world, the Ark would have been the best source of timber for the first decade or so. I think it highly likely that the Ark was dismantled to supply the growing population with building material for shelter.[/background]​

http://scienceblogs.com/tfk/2010/04/29/fake-noahs-ark-found-on-mt-ara/

sniper762

Sep 5, 2007
Greetings brother Joshua,

Welcome to CyB :)

That was a beautiful post!

Do you know that Noah's Ark has been found in eastern Turkey, about 20 miles from Mt Ararat?

that picture is deceiving......the bible says that there was only one opening in the top of the ark

and btw, that was not the ark..............it was proven to be merely a rocky outcrop

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
690pxnoahsark.jpg

Joshua I didn't realize you posted this. It was posted before we met.​
It looks like you have some sorting out to do, some choices to make, just like you did in the Halloween thread.​
Hope to hear from you soon.​
I like the picture BTW​
Matthew 19:14​
Luke 17:2​
:)

My mistake Joshua, you posted the same day I became a member Sorry I missed it​

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People who dismiss the idea of a great flood need to rethink their view.

There is plenty of scientific evidence that half (1/2) of the earth was covered in ice about 650 million years ago. Since then the ice has been melting to the point where we have only the Antarctic remaining.

Still, 50%+/- of the earth was covered in ice some 650 million years ago------

A study by NASA and university researchers, published in the June 14, 2013 issue of Science, found however that ocean waters melting the undersides of Antarctic ice shelves are responsible for most of the continent's ice shelf mass loss.[2]
Ice shelf - Wikipedia

The Snowball Earth hypothesis proposes that during one or more of Earth's icehouse climates, Earth's surface became entirely or nearly entirely frozen at least once, sometime earlier than 650 Mya(million years ago). Proponents of the hypothesis argue that it best explains sedimentary deposits generally regarded as of glacial origin at tropicalpalaeolatitudes and other enigmatic features in the geological record. Opponents of the hypothesis contest the implications of the geological evidence for global glaciation and the geophysical feasibility of an ice- or slush-covered ocean[3][4]
Snowball Earth - Wikipedia

"Snowball Earth" Confirmed: Ice Covered EquatorEarth's now steamy Equator was covered with ice 716 million years ago, according to a new study.

Strange fossil may be rare insect preserved in gemstone.

The finding appears to add solid evidence to the theory of an ancient "snowball Earth."

"Snowball Earth" Confirmed: Ice Covered Equator

In the beginning, planet Earth was a very inhospitable place with no oxygen and only single-celled bacteria as inhabitants. According to a new study, the oxygen content in the air began to increase about 2.4 billion years ago, at the same time as the global glaciation and when all continents were gathered in a single huge landmass, or supercontinent. How to explain the exact connection between these events, however, is a question that baffles the researchers.
Oxygen content increased when Earth was covered in ice

A Brief History of Ice Ages and Warming
Global warming started long before the "Industrial Revolution" and the invention of the internal combustion engine. Global warming began 18,000 years ago as the earth started warming its way out of the Pleistocene Ice Age-- a time when much of North America, Europe, and Asia lay buried beneath great sheets of glacial ice.
Global Warming:A Chilling Perspective

As the ice sheet melted the runoff looked like a flood, so they called it a “GREAT FLOOD”

There is ample proof of a great flood and now it is time to flip the argument. It is time for the doubters to prove there wasn’t a flood.

Deniers, it’s your turn; go for it !!!!