The founding fathers of modern-day Premillennialism were heretics.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where do Premils get their info? Heretics are "unbelievers."

Heretics are those who professed to be believers and went astray!

her·e·tic
[ˈherəˌtik]
NOUN
  1. a person believing in or practicing religious heresy.
    synonyms:
    dissident · dissenter · nonconformist · unorthodox thinker · heterodox thinker · apostate · freethinker · iconoclast · schismatic · renegade · disruptor ·
    [more]
    • a person holding an opinion at odds with what is generally accepted.
  2. Oorigen was a heretic for a period for he left the orthodox faith concerning Jesus for a time. He did not lose his salvation and get born agaqin-again.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cerinthus of Asia Minor

Cerinthus of Asia Minor. Yes He was a heretic but not because of any eschatological view. He tried to mesh gnosticism, christianity and Judaism into one coordinate theology. but I could not find any eschatology He was condemned for.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marcion of Sinope,

Marcion was a heretic. but of a gnostic bent which is the exact opposite of a premillenial view.

All four of your guys I could find no escatological works that were refused by the early churhc. So I await you to show me your sources or at least post links to them.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the earth's surface will be completely burned up, as Peter taught in 2 Peter 3:10-12, and it will be renewed by God, resulting in "the new earth".

The NT shines light on the OT. I wonder why it is that the NT says nothing about this "Jewish Restoration" that you believe in? I feel certain that there would be something in the NT about that if that was going to happen, but there's nothing.
Your belief is in opposition to scripture, this earth will pass away by fire as seen in 2 Peter 3:10-13, dissolved to its very elements

The scripture below clearly teaches of a completely "New Creation", clear, simple, easy to understand

"Behold, I Make All Things New"

Revelation 21:1-5KJV
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

"I Create New Heavens And A New Earth"

Isaiah 65:17KJV
17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marcion was a heretic. but of a gnostic bent which is the exact opposite of a premillenial view.

All four of your guys I could find no escatological works that were refused by the early churhc. So I await you to show me your sources or at least post links to them.

Open your eyes wide, take off your Premil glasses, and you will see it.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cerinthus of Asia Minor. Yes He was a heretic but not because of any eschatological view. He tried to mesh gnosticism, christianity and Judaism into one coordinate theology. but I could not find any eschatology He was condemned for.

Read the evidence.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your belief is in opposition to scripture,
In your opinion only. Don't pretend that you are the Ultimate Authority on the interpretation of scripture.

this earth will pass away by fire as seen in 2 Peter 3:10-13, dissolved to its very elements

The scripture below clearly teaches of a completely "New Creation", clear, simple, easy to understand

"Behold, I Make All Things New"

Revelation 21:1-5KJV
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

"I Create New Heavens And A New Earth"

Isaiah 65:17KJV
17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
It's not always as simple as you think it is. To make things new doesn't always require completely annihilating what was old and replacing it with something entirely new. Think about what will happen to our bodies. It doesn't say that our bodies will be annihilated and replaced with entirely new bodies. Instead, it says our bodies will be "changed". That is what it says about the heavens and the earth as well.

Hebrews 1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands: 11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment; 12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.

So, when Jesus said that the meek will inherit the earth, do you think that means the meek will only inherit the earth for a temporary amount of time? What is your understanding of the fulfillment of that?

The end result of the new heavens and new earth will be the same either way, so I don't see this as a major point of contention.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The end result of the new heavens and new earth will be the same either way, so I don't see this as a major point of contention.
The end result will be a completely "New Creation" not a refurbishment as you claim, they aren't the same as you suggest

Last edited:

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The end result will be a completely "New Creation" not a refurbishment as claimed, they aren't the same either way as you suggest
How is it not basically the same either way? Either way it's a new earth that God has made free of sin and death. You didn't answer my question about your understanding of what it means for the meek to inherit the earth. Can you answer that question?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His big calim to fame is his fierce opposition to Arianism which is being carried over by the JW's! They also are basic amils like you!
Ron you don't have a clue, the JW's are (Pre-Millennial) and believe in the fabricated fairy tale of a future Millennial Kingdom on this earth, just like you

JW.Org
After the New Covenant—The Millennial Kingdom

13 The “great crowd” of “other sheep,” who are not in the new covenant but are under it, look forward to coming out alive from “the great tribulation.” After this present doomed system of things is destroyed, they will enjoy, for a thousand years, the reign of Jesus Christ and his joint heirs over the cleansed earth. Then the purpose of the new covenant will have been achieved, that of producing “a people for special possession” to become heirs of God’s heavenly Kingdom. By means of God’s Kingdom, blessings will flow in full measure to the “great crowd” of surviving “other sheep.” Satan the Devil and his invisible demon organization will have been abyssed and will be unable to interfere.

Last edited:
Reactions: WPM and covenantee

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, are you saying the eschatology of heretics should be trusted?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is it not basically the same either way? Either way it's a new earth that God has made free of sin and death. You didn't answer my question about your understanding of what it means for the meek to inherit the earth. Can you answer that question?
The "Context" of the meek inheriting the earth in Matthew Chapter 5, has no relationship to the New Earth as suggested

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "Context" of the meek inheriting the earth in Matthew Chapter 5, has no relationship to the New Earth as suggested
So, what do you think it means for the meek to inherit the earth then? If you're going to tell me "Your belief is in opposition to scripture", then you need to be able to back that up.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, what do you think it means for the meek to inherit the earth then? If you're going to tell me "Your belief is in opposition to scripture", then you need to be able to back that up.
You were answered, the context of Matthew chapter 5 has no relationship to the New Earth

The wicked will be cut off from "This Earth" and the meek will inherit "This Earth"

Psalm 37:9-11KJV
9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth.
10 For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.
11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You were answered, the context of Matthew chapter 5 has no relationship to the New Earth

The wicked will be cut off from "This Earth" and the meek will inherit "This Earth"

At the Lords coming we inherit a pristine earth that was prepared from the foundation of the world. Curse free.

Matt 25
34 “Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

Rev 21
21 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. 2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among the people, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them, 4 and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.”

5 And He who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” And He *said, “Write, for these words are faithful and true.” 6 Then He said to me, “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give water to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life, without cost. 7 The one who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son.

Reactions: Spiritual Israelite

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Psalm 37:9-11KJV
9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth.
10 For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.
11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.
When do you believe the meek will inherit this earth and for how long do you think they will dwell there?

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At the Lords coming we inherit a pristine earth that was prepared from the foundation of the world. Curse free.

Matt 25
34 “Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

Rev 21
21 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. 2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among the people, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them, 4 and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.”

5 And He who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” And He *said, “Write, for these words are faithful and true.” 6 Then He said to me, “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give water to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life, without cost. 7 The one who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son.
Exactly. It's not called "the new earth" because it's a completely separate earth from this one. It's called the new earth because this earth will be made new.

I'm asking Truth7t7 about what he thinks it means for the meek to inherit the earth because I don't think he has thought this through fully. As an Amil it makes no sense to claim that this earth will be completely annihilated and replaced by an entirely separate "new" earth because that would make nonsense out of verses like the one that talks about the meek inheriting the earth. How can they inherit the earth if the entire earth, even to the core, is completely annihilated? They couldn't. But, they can if the earth is made new.

Reactions: jeffweeder

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Exactly. It's not called "the new earth" because it's a completely separate earth from this one. It's called the new earth because this earth will be made new.

I'm asking Truth7t7 about what he thinks it means for the meek to inherit the earth because I don't think he has thought this through fully. As an Amil it makes no sense to claim that this earth will be completely annihilated and replaced by an entirely separate "new" earth because that would make nonsense out of verses like the one that talks about the meek inheriting the earth. How can they inherit the earth if the entire earth, even to the core, is completely annihilated? They couldn't. But, they can if the earth is made new.
Why would God want to tabernacle with us on this cursed earth?
He clearly makes all thing new before he does so at his coming.

Act 3
17 “And now, brothers, I know that you acted in ignorance, just as your rulers also did. 18 But the things which God previously announced by the mouths of all the prophets, that His Christ would suffer, He has fulfilled in this way.

19 Therefore repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord; 20 and that He may send Jesus, the Christ appointed for you, 21 whom heaven must receive until the period of restoration of all things, about which God spoke by the mouths of His holy prophets from ancient times. 22 Moses said, ‘The Lord God will raise up for you a prophet like me from your countrymen; to Him you shall listen regarding everything He says to you. 23 And it shall be that every soul that does not listen to that prophet shall be utterly destroyed from among the people.’

Repent or perish before his coming right...?

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have been Cleary answered, if you don't agree feel free

Jesus Is The Lord
I don't see where I've been clearly answered. Can you tell me in which post you clearly explained what you think it means for the meek to inherit the earth in terms of when that will happen on how long they will dwell there? I know you've said what you think it doesn't mean, but I'm not sure what you think it does mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.