The Great Day of the Lord is Near

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Zephaniah 1:14-18 The great Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath 1 is near, very near and coming quickly. Listen for the sound of that Day 2. When it comes, even the warriors will panic and be terrified.

That Day will be a day of great fury, a day of distress and torment, a day of destruction and devastation, a day of darkness and gloom, a day of clouds and thick blackness, a day of the shofar battle call against fortifications and upon all military strength 3.

Because the people have sinned against the Lord, He will bring a shocking disaster to all those who live in the holy Land. Their blood will be poured out like dust and their entrails like dung. Their strength and riches will not save them on the Day of the Lord’s fiery wrath, the whole Land will be burnt and devastated. For He will make an end, a horrible end of all who live in the holy Land 4.

Isaiah 13:9-13 Here comes the Day of the Lord’s wrath; a Day full of fury and the outpoured wrath of the Lord. The whole earth will be devastated 5 and the ungodly people will be destroyed.

On that Day, you will not have any light from the sun, the moon or the stars 6. The sky will tremble and shudder and the earth will be shaken from is place 7.

On that Day, humans will become scarce, they will be as rare as fine gold, after the Day of the Lord’s blazing anger 8.

Isaiah 24:1-13 Be warned, the Lord is about to strip the earth, ruin and devastate it. All the world’s inhabitants, without exception, will be severely affected 9. For the Lord has spoked this Word: The whole world is defiled by its peoples, they have changed the Laws, ignored the Statutes and broken the everlasting Covenant.

Therefore My curse will consume the earth and its inhabitants will suffer punishment. They are burned up and very few are left 10. There will no longer be revelry and partying, the sounds of music and song will cease.

The cities and towns will be in chaos 11, every house locked and the people gone. They will be deserted, with all the roads and bridges destroyed. It will be like that throughout the world, in all the nations, just like an olive tree, beaten and stripped after the harvest.
Ref: NIV, KJV, CJB, REB. Some verses condensed.

1/ This Great Day is the Lord’s Judgement/Punishment of the nations. Habakkuk 3:12 Nothing like what is prophesied above has happen to the world since Noah’s Flood.

Now, as 2 Peter 3:7 says: The earth is reserved for burning…. We are told that God will bring out of His storehouse… Deuteronomy 32:22 & 34-35, the sun: Isaiah 30:26, by a massive explosion, that will cause all the vividly described effects. It will affect every nation on earth, as it revolves; just for the daylight hours.

This worldwide disaster will be triggered by an attack onto Israel by her enemies. Haggai 2:6, Isaiah 63:1-6, Psalms 83:1-18, Romans 1:18, Revelation 6:12-17

2/ The great sound will be heard around the world. Jeremiah 25:30-31, Jeremiah 51:54-55, Isaiah 29:6, Joel 2:1

3/ All the kinds of military powers will be destroyed, especially the nuclear weapons neutralized. Jeremiah 49:35, Jeremiah 50:22-27, Hosea 2:18, Amos 5:9, Micah 5:10-11, Isaiah 32:14, Hosea 8:14

4/ All of the holy Land will be devastated and depopulated: Jeremiah 12:14, Jeremiah 10:18, Ezekiel 30:1-5, Ezekiel 21:1-7, Micah 1:6, Hosea 4:3, Isaiah 6:11-12

5/ The whole world will be severely affected: Zephaniah 3:8, Isaiah 66:15-16, Malachi 4:3, Nahum 1:5, Jeremiah 25:32

6/ There will be no natural light, caused by the electrically induced atmospheric changes and smoke from the fires and volcanoes. Isaiah 47:3, Amos 5:20, Joel 2:2, Jeremiah 4:23, Isaiah 34:4, Revelation 6:13…the sky rolled up like a scroll…..

7/ The earth will be pushed along its orbital track, bringing us back to a 360 day year. Isaiah 13:13, Haggai 2:21-22, Joel 2:10, Psalms 18:7

8/ Possibly up to 2/3 of the world’s population will die. Evil peoples will be destroyed. This Judgement by fire will be God’s second reset of human civilization and similar in magnitude to the Flood. Isaiah 26:21, Isaiah 51:6, Isaiah 30:30, Jeremiah 9:21-22, Ezekiel 21:21, Revelation 14:17-20

9/ Everybody now alive will experience this terrible time, it will fall upon all and test the worth of each person. 1 Corinthians 3:13, Luke 21:35, John 17:15, Revelation 3:19, Psalms 118:17-18

10/ The Middle East region will be the most affected by the direct hit of this CME, but many will die around the world from the resultant earthquakes, storms and tsunamis. Isaiah 33:10-13, Isaiah 63:1-6, Psalms 37:20, Amos 5:8, Nahum 1:8

11/ After this worldwide disaster that will destroy our modern infrastructure, to restore law and order, the survivors will establish a One World Government. There will be ten regions, each ruled by a President. Daniel 11:21-24, Revelation 17:12. But the new nation, in all of the holy Land, called Beulah, will not be a part of the OWG. Isaiah 62:1-5, Ezekiel 39:25-29, Ezekiel chapters 40-48, Zechariah 8:1-13

Isaiah 24:14-16 & 23 The Lord’s people lift their voices, they shout for joy. His righteous people in the West, in the East and on the islands of the sea: all giving honour to the God of Israel. From the ends of the earth, we hear them singing: Glory to God, our Saviour and Redeemer.

Zechariah 8:4-6 The Lord says: I am about to rescue My people and bring them back to live in the holy Land. Once again old men and women will sit in the streets of Jerusalem and the place will be full if children at play. Even if this seems impossible to those who remain in those days, will it be impossible for Me?

Revelation 7:9-10 I saw a vast throng, [in Jerusalem] too many to count; people from all races, every tribe, nation and language, standing before the throne of the Lamb. They were robed in white and had palm branches in their hands. They shouted: Victory to our God and to the Lamb who sits on the throne!

Note that Jesus will be revealed to His own before His Return. 2 Thess. 1:10, Rev 14:1

All those people who are faithful to God and accept the atoning sacrifice of Jesus, are ‘accounted worthy’. Colossians 1:10-12, 2 Peter 3:14 They are all deemed to be Israelites, whether by descent or by grafting in. Galatians 3:26-29

They will be protected during the forthcoming Day of the Lord’s wrath, Joel 3:32, Isaiah 43:2, and the Lord will provide ways of transportation for them. Psalms 68:17, Psalms 107:1-32, Isaiah 66:20 They will gather and settle into all of the holy Land. Isaiah 49:8-23, Zechariah 10:8-10, Jeremiah 31:8-9 The Lord will give them new names: Isaiah 62:1-5 and a new language: Zephaniah 3:9

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But do you really know how near the Great day of the Lord is?

My experience of reading your pronouncements is that you have no understanding of how the end time will be worked out.

If we learn the lesson from the fig tree, then we will know to within a year or so as to when the Nations of the earth will be judged and when Israel will be redeemed and gather to the Lord so as to worship the Lord, but you have no understanding of that prophecy, nor of the prophecies concerning the redemption of Israel and when they will be saved nor of the end times as recorded in scripture.

Nor have you qualified which "Great Day of the Lord" you are referring too. Are you referring to the near future Great Day of the Lord, or to the distant future Great day of the Lord? In both of these Days of the Lord, the skies will be come dark and the moon will become red.

How about presenting the scriptures without your interpretations and paraphrasing's so that the reader can determine that you are indeed presenting the true facts.

Shalom

Last edited:

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Nor have you qualified which "Great Day of the Lord" you are referring too. Are you referring to the near future Great Day of the Lord, or to the distant future Great day of the Lord? In both of these Days of the Lord, the skies will be come dark and the moon will become red.
Your opinions are noted. They conflict with what scripture actually does say.

The DoL I refer to is the Sixth Seal event. The sun will turn black and the moon blood red. Revelation 6:12, Joel 2:30-31
At the Dol of the Return, the Great Day of Almighty God, the sun and moon will be darkened. Matthew 24:29, Revelation 16:10-14

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Your opinions are noted. They conflict with what scripture actually does say.

But that, as I have pointed out, is your opinion, based on your flawed understanding. Just because the traditions of the Bible translations converges the contextual message towards what the scholars believed would be the case, does not make what you read in the translations correct. Most of your theory has been found within these fallible portions of the scripture translations.

Shalom

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
But that, as I have pointed out, is your opinion, based on your flawed understanding. Just because the traditions of the Bible translations converges the contextual message towards what the scholars believed would be the case, does not make what you read in the translations correct. Most of your theory has been found within these fallible portions of the scripture translations.

Shalom
I use about 10 Bible translations, they all generally agree.
You seem to want to read a different Bible and you make mistakes like thinking that on both Days of the Lord; His Day of fiery wrath and His Return in glory; the same cosmic things will happen.
Because my understanding differs from yours, it is not 'flawed'. I contradict your false beliefs and your response is abuse, not rebuttal.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I use about 10 Bible translations, they all generally agree.

Just because 10 English translations generally agree with each other, does not make that portion of the Bible infallible, all that it confirms is that that portion has not been translated from the reference source texts correctly and that the errors in the contextual message generated in the translations in those particular portions of the bible reflect the errors in understanding even from the Book of Genesis.

The first error is that Abraham was promised "land" before he went down to the Land of Canaan. The second error is that the "Promised Land" given as a possession to only Abraham's descendants was not for all time, i.e. "forever," but was for a finite period of time which was beyond the descendants ability to comprehend and this is also true today, because many people still "believe" that the descendants of Abraham have title to the "Promised Land," which God scattered them from, because of their continual idolatrous worship of Idols, in 70 AD.

You seem to want to read a different Bible and you make mistakes like thinking that on both Days of the Lord; His Day of fiery wrath and His Return in glory; the same cosmic things will happen.

When the Lord prompts me in the spirit, to check if a particular passage conveys the same contextual message as the source documents contains, I go back to the source text and check if the source texts from which the translations have been made from, convey the same message to the reader as is contained in the source texts used. Expression of, "I will plant you in the 'soil; of Israel," is a metaphor concerning where Israel when they repent and are redeemed will get their nourishment from. Likewise, the expression of, "I will teach you on the Mountains of Israel," is a metaphor for the religion that God wants Israel to embrace and become a part of. This expression should not be read as God causing all of Israel to return to the Land of Canaan, as you are doing and therefore missing God's intent for the end times altogether.

It is not that I am reading a different "bible" as you are accusing me of, but from my observation of great battles from our past, they have created so much dust and smoke that the sky becomes dark and the observed light from the moon appears to us as being of a reddish colour. I do not hold as strongly to your "cosmic things" happening "theories," in an attempt to be able to explain away how God's prophesised End time events will be played out.

Because my understanding differs from yours, it is not 'flawed'. I contradict your false beliefs and your response is abuse, not rebuttal.

Your statement, "Because my understanding differs from yours, it is not 'flawed'." is just as true for what I understand, as being contained in the scriptures as is yours. In other words, this statement does not justify either of our understanding of the contextual understanding that we hold.

As to your invalidation of what "truth," that I hold to, by claiming that you can contradict my "flawed," from your perspective, beliefs is arrogance on your part and your "invalidation” of what I believe is also "abuse" on your part and a false argument which does not prove that your understanding of the scriptures is correct.

Now since I have previously presented my scripturally based rebuttals to you which you simply rejected with your claim that if ten translations are generally in agreement with each other, then, your understanding must be right argument, there is no point in me presenting them over and over to you, so now I simply state that your end time theories are flawed for the reasons like I have stated above.

Shalom

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Jeremiah 25:30-38 The Lord roars from on high. He thunders from His holy place. He roars loudly against His holy Land and like a grape treader, He shouts against all the inhabitants of the earth. The great noise is heard around the world. For the Lord brings His judgement against the nations, He arraigns all mankind and has handed over the wicked and godless to the sword.

The Lord says, ‘Disaster spreads from nation to nation, a mighty tempest is unleashed, that will blast to every corner of the world’. Those whom the Lord has killed on that Day will be strewn from one end of the earth to the other, they will not be mourned or buried, but left as dung upon the ground.

Cry out you bad shepherds and useless leaders of My people, the Day comes for your demise, you will fall like prize rams to the slaughter. There will be no escape from the Lord’s fierce anger, like a lion leaping to the kill.

Disaster will suddenly strike and their land will become desolate because of the fiery wrath of the Lord.
Ref: REB, CJB.

It is now time to realize that this terrible, worldwide disaster is soon to happen.

In no way has this prophecy been fulfilled yet and this cannot be at the Return, as it must be before that, as: He thunders from His holy place…. He sends down fire… Amos 1, Psalms 18:13, Psalms 11:4-6, Revelation 6:12-17 and Revelation 14:17-20

Many other prophesies vividly describe this sudden and shocking, Day of the Lord’s wrath, a one day event: as fire from the sky, a Coronal Mass Ejection sun explosion, that will literally fulfill all of them. Psalms 83 tells how fire and tempest will destroy those attackers of Israel and details like ‘the sky rolled up like a scroll’, and the ‘moon blood red’, are also literal effects of a massive earth directed C M E.
Isaiah 30:26-30, Isaiah 66:14-16, 2 Peter 3:7

The millions killed on that Day won’t be buried because there won’t be enough survivors to do that and the extreme heat of a CME and the fires caused by it, will reduce them to ash. Malachi 4:3, Jeremiah 9:22

Those who have led the people astray with their false teachings, fictional books and poor leadership will be judged and punished on that Day. Micah 3:1-4, Isaiah 56:10-12

The world as we know it now, will not continue for much longer, prophecy is given to us as a warning of what will happen and to be Spiritually and physically prepared, so we can stay strong and keep trusting in the Lord to keep us safe, because He plans for the good of His own faithful Christian people. Jeremiah 29:11

As all the faithful Christians gather and settle into all of the holy Land. Romans 9:24-26.....in the very place, [that ancient Israel was rejected] you Christians will be called the children of the Living God.

Colossians 1:11-12 In His glorious might may He give you ample strength to meet with fortitude and patience whatever comes and to give joyful thanks to the Father who has made you fit to share in the heritage of God’s people, in His Kingdom of Light. To come later; in the Millennium.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Enemies Occupy the Holy Land:
Isaiah 66:5-6 Hear the Word of the Lord, you who revere His Name and keep His commandments. Those scoffers who say: Where is the Lord? When will your so-called God do anything? They will be shocked, for with a great noise His retribution will fall upon them. 2 Peter 3:3-7

Isaiah 63:18 Why have ungodly people trespassed on Your holy place? Why do enemies trample the holy Land? Psalms 37:10-11, Jeremiah 6:12

Jeremiah 12:8-17 Is this Land of Mine a hyena’s lair? The birds of prey and the wild beasts have taken My holy Land over, they ravage it and trample it down, making it a desolation, to My sorrow. The Lord says: I shall uproot all those evil neighbours who have encroached onto the Land that I allotted to My people. Judah too, I shall uproot, but if any of them learn the right ways of My people, then they can join and live again in the holy Land. My sword of punishment will devour the Land from end to end, no living thing will remain there. Hosea 4:3, Ezekiel 21:1-7, Isaiah 6:11-13

Psalms 7:12-16 The enemy prepares his weapons again, but it is against himself that he has made ready his deadly shafts, tipped with fire. They are all in collusion with iniquity and sinfulness, their plans for violence and terror will fall upon their own heads. Joel 3:4

Psalms 68:1-3 May God arise and His enemies be scattered. He will disperse them like smoke. His fire will melt them like wax and they will perish in the heat of His wrath, but the righteous will be joyful, as they exult in the triumph of their God.

Isaiah 29:5-6 Suddenly, all in an instant, punishment will come from God Almighty with thunder, earthquakes and a great noise, with storm tempest and flames of devouring fire. The horde of your enemies will crumble into dust, that multitude of ruthless foes will scatter like chaff. Malachi 4:1-3, Zephaniah 3:8, Isaiah 66:15-16, Revelation 6:12-17

Birds of prey and wild beasts have taken over My Land… and the evil neighbours… These are metaphors for the ungodly peoples who are now living in the holy Land. ALL the apostate, atheistic and false religion peoples.

The enemies deadly shafts, tipped with fire – an ancient description for a modern weapon: a nuke tipped missile. It is against themselves they have prepared their weapons and they will fall onto their own heads. All the weapons ready to fire at Israel will explode on the launch pad or in their bunkers. Suddenly, in an instant, punishment will come in the heat of the Lord’s wrath, causing earthquakes with flames of fire that will burn His enemies to ashes. As described here and throughout the Bible, this will be a huge coronal mass ejection sun explosion that will literally fulfill all the graphic prophecies about the Lord’s judgement by fire. Isaiah 30:25-28, Malachi 4:1 & 3

But the punishment by exile of the Lord's people, Jew and Gentile will be completed and the Lord will save and bless them. They will go to their inheritance, all that area promised to Abraham, cleansed from end to end by this terrible devastation by fire. Many prophecies tell about the great second Exodus of the Christian Israelites to the holy Land, where they will work the Land in safety, being a light to the nations, all as originally meant for them. They will send out 144,000 missionaries to tell the world the Gospel of the coming Kingdom of Jesus.