1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Holy Spirit ?

Discussion in 'Unorthodox Doctrine Forum' started by twinc, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Richard_oti

Richard_oti Well-Known Member

<chuckle> I am not between two opinions, I know one 'Elohim, YHVH. And that is the one I follow.

So basically, if I don't believe as you do, according to that which you have written, I must therefore follow Ba`al.

<snip>

Considering there has been nearly two millennia of controversy with regard to such, do you really think that it can be settled here?

<small snip>

I gave them a cursory look. And no, I do not see the "Godhead" revealed as you are using the term. I do see what you are seeing, but I do not see it as you do.

2. mjrhealth

mjrhealth Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    I find teh longer the post teh less there is to read, Jesus just isnt that complicated. And no Jesus is not the Holy Spirit.

Mat_3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

Did you miss that bit.

"ByGrace" likes this.
  3. 101G

101G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    basically, yep........ (smile).
    basically, yep........ (smile).
    carnal eyes are useless to see with when it comes to the word of God in revelation. no harm intended, nor an argument. but to show you what I see, a simple question who "choose" Paul, then Saul as his minister/witness to the gentiles?. would you say "God" the one whom you calls the Father, or the "Lord Jesus" whom the one you calls the Son. mind you, Ananias, made this statement in Acts 22:14 "And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth". now Richard, how plain can one get in letting one KNOW who choose him. so Richard, who choose him, was it the one whom you calls "God" the Father, or was it the Lord Jesus, for Ananias gave the answer, it's just do we really know "who the God of our fathers is".

remember, this is not for an argument, but for truth. either God of Baal.

4. Richard_oti

Richard_oti Well-Known Member

So what's next if we are also unable to settle the matter? Are you going to seek a Papal Bull, get the gov't to make a law requiring one to renounce their beliefs and accept yours under penalty of death?

Let me save you the time. I'll be the first to step to the front of the line.

<snip>

pia likes this.
  5. 101G

101G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    #1. unable to settle the matter? not me U, because it have been settle before the foundation of the worlds was laid. it's just U who is the late comer not knowing this in ignorance..... (smile).

#2. Are you going to seek a Papal Bull, get the gov't to make a law requiring one to renounce their beliefs and accept yours under penalty of death? sometimes DEATH is a GOOD thing, ...... (smile) it gets one in the church of the Lord Jesus. Romans 6:4 "Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life". NOT a death penalty, that's carnal thinking. but LIFE, which is Spiritual thinking... (smile). and my Government is not of this world...:cool:

#3. to make a law requiring one to renounce their beliefs. the law is already on the books, Matthew 3:1-2 "In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea, And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand". Repent ye, ye is U, and it's a requirement.

#4. Let me save you the time. I'll be the first to step to the front of the line. oh how brave of U. but no need to. listen, Revelation 22:11 "He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still". WHY? next verse,12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be"........ :eek:.

so Good day 2 U.

6. pia

pia Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Perhaps we would all be better served if we stop trying to use our eyes all the time, and do as Jesus said and use our ears..... Even in the book of Revelation it quotes :" Hear, what the Spirit is saying to the Church".....Nowhere in fact do I see where it says for us to read anything ???

bbyrd009 and "ByGrace" like this.
  7. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    United States Minor Outlying Islands
    ha, Duelling Christians, lol.
    By God, we are going to logically decide right now whether it is "A" or "notA" for all time!

no offense meant, that's just how that reads to me now lol

pia likes this.
  8. 101G

101G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Duelling, don't be foolish, but can you disprove my doctrine?....... (smile).

9. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    United States Minor Outlying Islands
    court is adjourned, 101, i don't need to prove anything wadr.

i observe 'duelling' but you say 'foolish,' who would win in court? lol

10. 101G

101G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I is the problem, and it's in the beholder. good that adjourned court. so you're not foolish after all. :p

11. amadeus

amadeus Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    "And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." Ecc 12:12

Richard_oti and pia like this.
  12. pia

pia Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    I sure got a huge taste of that, when I first got a Bible and began to study.........When I was spending time in His presence I was uplifted, at peace and over joyed.........When I started to study and increasingly so, my 'mind' just went ga-ga, some confusion set in and before I knew it, some seeds came into my being, I wish had never had a chance to..........We live and learn as they say......without His faithfulness and love I would not be here, that is for certain....

13. amadeus

amadeus Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Of course I started with Jesus from a different place than you. After receiving the baptism of the Holy Ghost I, who had never read a Bible before, immersed myself in the scripture. It was probably after 15 years of reading and studying that I backslid. I backslid because I was eating too much of His flesh with drinking an inadequate amount of His blood. It became a weariness of my flesh and when assaulted by the lust of the eye, the lust of the flesh and the pride of life, I had no defenses and, of course, I lost a major battle.

When after many struggles for years God allowed me to come back to Him, again I began reading my Bible [eating His flesh], but I had learned a lesson about the Blood. My prayer life which previously had not been sufficient to match the eating of the dead flesh took on a new importance that it had never had before. This communication with God through the Spirit gave me Life.

But as Jesus put it:

"Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
    And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?" John 11:25-26

"Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
    Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
    For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
    He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
    As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
    This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever." John 6:53-58

People can eat the crackers and drink the grape juice and that is OK by me. Even God will likely not object, so long as they also eat Flesh of Jesus [raw dead word which can be the scriptures] and drink His Blood [quickening Holy Spirit] so that the "new" or "inner man" gets the proper and sufficient nourishment and Lives.

Many people, I believe, are good Bible students, but miss a close relationship with the Lord which is where the Blood comes into play. This was the first thing that touched me when I received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. This was Jesus giving me His Blood to drink. This was the gift which made it possible to receive more of Him as we move forward. If we receive it the one time and never or seldom partake again, what will happen to the scripture we consume? Without the Life giving Blood, it cannot live and eventually what we already have will be lost to us. God had mercy on me.

"He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
    For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath." Matt 13:11-12

Give God the glory!