The Holy Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, we're all swimming in sin, even the most pious of us.

throwing away a piece of plastic is likely a sin even.

Sin is stepping out of the spirit within you, and thus outside the will of God. I don’t know if breaking secular law really counts as sin if there is no personal conviction. A conviction of sin is the realization that either an infraction was committed or close to that point regarding God's will for us. If you are not convicted or seared with a conviction I would not consider that sin. Many believers get caught up into thinking that every time they move wrong it might be a sin. Yes, we are more sensitive to sin and that is our lifestyle.

Does a mentally unstable person that kills someone commit sin. I do not think so.

Anyway, in Christ we do not sin anymore. The bridge of perfection to God is sealed.

Bless you,

APAK

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Anyway, in Christ we do not sin anymore. The bridge of perfection to God is sealed.
um, who is this "we" you speak of, though? All of "us" who claim to be in Christ, right

so a chimera is made, out of our desire to associate with the description of those "in Christ" in Scripture and our desire to justify ourselves, rather than our need to spiritually "die" so that Christ may live through us. imo.
We read a description and then say "oh, that must be me, bc i have accepted Jesus with my mouth."
Hitler claimed the promises too, see
so does Lloyd Blankfein, Imelda Marcos, and all of the others whose fruit is now obvious. The Bakkers, etc

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, do you consider yourself free from Matt 22:37-

"THE LAW", should have been understood, being "the OT LAW".

Hebrews were initially MADE "SUBJECT TO" the LAW, "by" their Choice, agreeing to BE "SUBJECT TO" the LAW.

EX 19:8
And all of the people answered together, and said, Will that the LORD hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the LORD.

1 John 3:4
Sin is transgression of the law.

THE AGREEMENT of men to BE "SUBJECT TO" the LAW, means they AGREED to OBEY THE LAW.

Failure to OBEY the LAW, WAS A SIN UNTO THEM.

History reveals, MEN COULD NOT "OF THEIR OWN EFFORTS"; KEEP perfect OBEDIENCE "TO THE LAW".

Not a BIG surprise to God.
As a matter of FACT God provided a WAY, acceptable TO HIM, "FOR" men to Repent and Be repeatedly "FORGIVEN" for VIOLATING the LAW.

Men repeatedly raised a pure animal, and brought that animal TO the Temple, that IT'S blood sacrifice would be shed, and put upon the alter for a SIN offering, and It's meat consumed.

Later JESUS became a mans SACRIFICE. His blood, His body.

All men have the SAME OPTION, as did the Hebrews....TO SUBJECT themselves "TO CHRIST" THE Lord Jesus....or not.

Their SUBJECTION, requires a man WILLINGNESS to OBEY His Commands.....BEFORE they BECOME Forgiven.

OBEY His Commands....BEFORE Conversion...
Examples: (are found throughout Scripture)
A few...examples.
Believe
Repent
Follow me
Become Reconciled
Choose the narrow way
Be born again
Elect God
Become Converted

And there ARE other Commands that Follow AFTER a man BECOMES CONVERTED.

Love the Lord
Love your neighbors
Ask, see, knock
Beware of false prophets
Hear Gods voice
Pray in faith
Await my return
Receive Gods Power
Etc.

Point being;
The LAW could NOT BE KEPT "by" a mans "natural power".

Point being;
The Commands of Jesus ARE KEPT "by" the Holy Spirits Indwelling POWER, a man Receives VIA the man willingly Subjecting Himself TO CHIRST, and His Power of Conversion.

OT men subjected themselves TO LAWS.

Some NT men, and thereafter subject themselves TO CHRIST.

"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

Correct.
This IS what "SHALL" follow AFTER a mans Conversion.
Effected BY the INDWELLING POWER OF the Holy Spirit.

It is revealed in Scriptures that a CONVERTED MAN, can NEVER "AGAIN" reject God....WHICH "Rejection of God"....IS A SIN AGAINST GOD.

This is the first and great commandment.
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

Correct.
We have testimony of OT men WHO, "believed" IN GOD, and God WAS "WITH" them.
Even when they "VIOLATED" the Laws....THEIR BELIEF IN GOD, "did not" faulter.

Did they "suffer" Consequences for Violating the Law? Yes.
Did their "suffering" of the Consequences CAUSE THEM TO REJECT BELIEF IN God? Some, yes. Some, No.

The Ones who Continued IN BELIEF, became the OT ...
Faithful, saints, beloved, favored, etc.
And the Lord God, remained "WITH" them.

The root of sin has been dealt with.

Yes, it has.
The ROOT of SIN, IS REJECTION of God...

Jesus TOOK UPON HIS BODY, THIS Worlds REJECTION of God, ie the SIN of this Whole World.....AND THEN
KILLED the SIN of this WHOLE World, BY Giving His Body unto death, ONCE and for all.

THE "KEY", for ANY MAN, to RECEIVE "Jesus' gift", of being FORGIVEN and RELEIVED of 'his own sin debt", IS to BELIEVE in his own "natural" Heart....
Jesus IS the Son of God, thee Christ, AND DID Accomplish "taking upon his body the sins of the World"....and such a man IS FORGIVEN and KEPT BY the Power of God; WHO IS Christ.

The ONLY sin that remains..is to sin against Love.

Here I disagree.

It DEPENDS on the Individual man.

Not ALL men BELIEVE in thee LORD GOD ALMIGHTY.
....Their SIN is DIsbelief.
Not ALL men BELIEVE in the Christ Messiah of God.
....Their SIN is Disbelief.
Not ALL men BELIEVE in Jesus "being" the Christ.
Not ALL men "WHO" have "believed", STAY in Belief.

Believing, Not Believing, Believing, Doubting, Believing, Denying, Believing, Not Believing
...IS WHAT ANY "NATURAL" MAN IS CAPABLE OF accomplishing.

"ONCE" a natural man, IS IN BELIEF IN HIS HEART...
"AND" chooses "TO" .... decides "TO"....elects "TO"..

CALL ON THE Lord, and GIVE HIS LIFE "TO" the Lord....

EVERYTHING within such man CHANGES...
"THAT" man, can NEVER AGAIN, "NOT BELIEVE"!!!
"THAT" man, can NEVER AGAIN, "SIN" Against God, and why SUCH a man IS CALLED....FREED FROM SIN.

THAT is effected, BY the POWER of God BEING WITH THE MAN FOREVER. THAT is a ONE TIME DONE DEAL between ONE MAN and His ONE Lord God Almighty.

So, WHAT about A mans Dealings with ANOTHER man?

Can a man LIE, CHEAT, STEAL, UNDERMINE, etc., OTHER MEN?
UNINTENTIONALLY? Sure.
INTENTIONALLY? Sure.

AND? What about it?
WHAT is the Lord's REMEDY?
To Correct the Wrong between man and man.
And To Suffer the consequences of the wrong.
And hopefully learn a lesson the hard way, through experience and then choose to avoid the wrong, unless of course one LIKED the consequences and choose to keep repeating the Wrong doing. Ugh!

Point being, Does a wrong doing BETWEEN MEN, AFFECT the Lords Conversion of a MAN? No.

What it WILL affect, IS the lack of gifts and rewards a man SHALL receive FROM THE Lord.

IOW - IF a man is doing "WRONGS" to another....the man can not be "SERVING" the Lord with "RIGHTS" at the same time....Thus the man Loses out on Blessing he could have "stored up in heaven".

Point being; A man subjecting himself TO CHIRST, is NOT UNDER the LAW, and "is redeemed" from the CONSEQUENCES of violations of the LAW.
Gal 3:13

Point being; A man subjecting himself TO CHIRST, is NOT UNDER the LAW, and "is redeemed" AS His People.
Luke 1:68

Point being; A man subjecting himself TO CHRIST, is NOT UNDER the Law, and "is redeemed" "with" His incorruptable "SEED".
1 Pet 1:18

Point being; A man subjecting himself TO CHRIST, is NOT UNDER the Law, and "is redeemed" "unto" God.
Rev 5:9

Point being; A man subjecting himself TO CHRIST, is NOT UNDER the Law, and "is forever" incapable of ever again Sinning AGAINST God.
1 John 3:9

Point being: A man subjecting himself TO CHRIST, is NOT UNDER the Law, and "is forever", IN the Lord, and the Lord God Almighty IN the man.
John 14:17

Jesus did not Destroy the Law.
And those WHO remain UNDER the Law, Remain blinded, by the Vail.
Those IN Christ, ARE NOT BLINDED by the VAIL,
BECAUSE...
The Vail was done away with.....IN CHRIST.
2 Cor 3:14

Many Christians CLAIM to be "IN CHRIST"....WHILE ALSO teaching, "THEY" (and OTHERS) are SUBJECT TO the Curse (SIN) Laws of the Jews, AS IF, they somehow, believe Jesus FULFILLED the LAW...BUT, not really.

God Bless,
Taken

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Sin is stepping out of the spirit within you, and thus outside the will of God. I don’t know if breaking secular law really counts as sin if there is no personal conviction. A conviction of sin is the realization that either an infraction was committed or close to that point regarding God's will for us. If you are not convicted or seared with a conviction I would not consider that sin. Many believers get caught up into thinking that every time they move wrong it might be a sin. Yes, we are more sensitive to sin and that is our lifestyle.

Does a mentally unstable person that kills someone commit sin. I do not think so.

Bless you,

APAK

could it just be that we are mentally unstable in Gog's eyes - twinc

Reactions: bbyrd009

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well gee, you're the first person who has ever felt that way i guess, so my apologies

I don't believe I am the first, nor did I say so.

However I do believe, many challenge their own Trust In the Lord.

And I believe that hinges on "lack of understanding".

For example, being discussed presently is LOVE.

I would say the majority of men believe LOVE means some gushy "feeling" toward another.

And because they do not "FEEL" some "gushy" feeling toward their "enemies", they believe they FAIL, in "loving their enemies".

Is that not challenging ones TRUST in the Lord?

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, we're all swimming in sin, even the most pious of us.

Disagree.

In regard to a NATURAL MAN....yes ... absolutely.

In regard to a CONVERTED MAN...no...
A Converted man "IS" "COVERED" with the "LIGHT" of God, which OVERCOMES "darkness", which darkness IS the result of SIN.....and LIGHT IS the result of OVERCOMING Darkness.

God Bless,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Disagree.

In regard to a NATURAL MAN....yes ... absolutely.

In regard to a CONVERTED MAN...no...
A Converted man "IS" "COVERED" with the "LIGHT" of God, which OVERCOMES "darkness", which darkness IS the result of SIN.....and LIGHT IS the result of OVERCOMING Darkness.

God Bless,
Taken
upload_2018-5-2_10-51-4.jpeg
do you own a car? use promissory notes from a central bank as if they were money?
at least don't kid yourself, ok? me you can lie to, no prob

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you, me, Hitler, we all feel the same way here, i guess

Hitler is often used as an example....

Hitler claimed to be a Catholic.
Just as some claim to be Protestants, or simply Christians.

Claiming a Religious Denomination IS NOT the Requirement for one to "BECOME" subject TO CHRIST.

"THAT" is a personal declaration of the man TO Christ.
"I HAVE NO information whatsoever of what Hitler did or did not do, regarding him making a declaration to the Lord of Belief IN the Lord".

I know HOW some "believe", by their own testimony of Giving their Life TO Christ....and many who say nothing in that respect, but simply reveal by what "name" they call themselves.....as Hitler did, calling himself a Catholic.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 2279
do you own a car? use promissory notes from a central bank as if they were money?

Is owning possessions a sin?
Is using Government issued notes a sin?

IF so, HOW SO? According to WHAT?

at least don't kid yourself, ok?

And EXACTLLY how do you TESTIFY "I am kidding myself" ?

READ Post # 166.....or here I will REPEAT for YOU MY STATEMENT...

"CAN a man LIE, cheat, steal, undermine, etc. other men?
Unintentionally....SURE!
Intentionally....... SURE!

So, please EXPLAIN how YOU determined I am "kidding myself"..

at least don't kid yourself, ok? me you can lie to...

???

God Bless,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Is owning possessions a sin?
if i have to breathe the exhaust from them, probably, yes
Is using Government issued notes a sin?
Gov issued notes? lol. Kennedy tried that; after Lincoln did.
Where did you get this idea? The Gov does not issue notes, and anyone who tries, dies

"Federal Reserve"
not Federal, zero "reserves" wadr.
The note you use is a "Federal Reserve Note," a promissory note, a loan made at interest

so you tell me

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
um, who is this "we" you speak of, though? All of "us" who claim to be in Christ, right

so a chimera is made, out of our desire to associate with the description of those "in Christ" in Scripture and our desire to justify ourselves, rather than our need to spiritually "die" so that Christ may live through us. imo.
We read a description and then say "oh, that must be me, bc i have accepted Jesus with my mouth."
Hitler claimed the promises too, see
so does Lloyd Blankfein, Imelda Marcos, and all of the others whose fruit is now obvious. The Bakkers, etc

Well I think you have already answered you own queries directed toward me in your response. Their fruits were false, they did not follow Christ now did they? I don't think they claimed to be in Christ. I don't think they knew waht is meant. They were secular natural Christians that are worldly.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
could it just be that we are mentally unstable in Gog's eyes - twinc
Well, God only knows that answer completely. Kind of like the Johari window of knowing self.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Well I think you have already answered you own queries directed toward me in your response.
well, that is strictly a guess, and may only describe a small part of a bell-curve too. or maybe a big part.
but hopefully a point here is to see that we (as in "humans") become known by our fruit, not our declarations