The kingdom of God is in the MIDST of you

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Matthew 23:

26 Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.
inside
ἐντὸς (entos)
Adverb
Strong's 1787: Within, inside, the inside. From en; inside.

Surprisingly, this adverb appears only twice in the Bible. Outside of the Bible, ἐντός appears frequently (BDAG).

New King James Version, Luke 17:

20 Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God does not come with observation; 21 nor will they say, ‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’ For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you [plural].”
The kingdom of God is inside each one of us. The Paraclete dwells in each one of us.

ESV Luke 17:

21b the kingdom of God is in the midst of you.”
As a group, we represent the Kingdom of God unified by the Paraclete. In this passage, Jesus focused on the inside, invisible nature of the Kingdom of God. NKJ is the better translation here.

Last edited:

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Kingdom of God was in the midst of Israel in the same way the Tabernacle was originally placed in the midst of the 12 Tribes. God dwelled within His People Israel.

Today, when nations make covenant with God to be His People God comes to dwell in their midst. It does not mean that God's Kingdom does not reside within the various offices, government, and society of that people. God's Kingdom was viewed as virtually synonymous with Israel as long as they, as a people, remained in covenant with God.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 23:

inside
ἐντὸς (entos)
Adverb

Surprisingly this adverb appears only twice in the Bible. Outside of the Bible, ἐντός appears frequently (BDAG).

Greek Word Study Tool:

Wiki agrees exactly:

But then, ESV Luke 17:

Well, if the kingdom of God is in the midst of you people, then it is externally measurable.

New King James Version provides a better translation:

The kingdom of God is inside each one of us. The Paraclete dwells in each one of us.
I think the kingdom of God is inside each of us after we repent of our sin (Matthew 4:17).

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the kingdom of God is inside each of us after we repent of our sin (Matthew 4:17).
Yes, God's rule is within anybody who makes covenant with Him. When we make covenant with Him we agree to make Him ruler over our lives. That is the essence of obedience, and that is the essence of His Kingdom and rule.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Matthew 23:

inside
ἐντὸς (entos)
Adverb

Surprisingly this adverb appears only twice in the Bible. Outside of the Bible, ἐντός appears frequently (BDAG).

Greek Word Study Tool:

Wiki agrees exactly:

But then, ESV Luke 17:
Luke 1:20-21 NASB...
"Now He was questioned by the Pharisees as to when the kingdom of God was coming, and He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God is not coming with signs that can be observed; nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or, ‘There it is!’ For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst.”

So rather than being "inside a person" as some mystical experience, Jesus was addressing the Pharisees when he said this. Was he saying that the kingdom was "within" those wicked hearts? Not likely, but what he was saying was that the long awaited Messiah, King of the Kingdom of God that they imagined would glorify them, was actually speaking to them and walking among them. There he was the King designate in their midst.....and they failed to recognize him.

Well, if the kingdom of God is in the midst of you people, then it is externally measurable.

That is a really poor translation....we first have to understand what the "Kingdom of God" actually is and what purpose it serves. Why is Jesus its appointed King, and why did God choose some humans to go to heaven when the earth was created to be our permanent home?

How would you answer from the scriptures?

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, God's rule is within anybody who makes covenant with Him. When we make covenant with Him we agree to make Him ruler over our lives. That is the essence of obedience, and that is the essence of His Kingdom and rule.
Don't leave out the part about such a life is a paradise.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 23:

inside
ἐντὸς (entos)
Adverb

Greek Word Study Tool:

Wiki agrees exactly:

But then, ESV Luke 17:

Deuteronomy 17 the last verse tells of “in the midst” …to me it fits with Luke 17. One being setting a King over you that God chooses. That He will be a quick study in the Fear of God. That He will learn obedience by the things He suffered…and His heart will not be lifted up above his brothers. Instead “I am lowly and of a humble Spirit.”

They rejected who God had chosen to be King.

Yet it (Deuteronomy 17) also helps with when He asked the Pharisees what God will do to those country men …Matthew 21:38-44 But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance. [39] And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him. [40] When the lord therefore of the vineyard comes, what will he do unto those husbandmen? [41] They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons. [42] Jesus saith unto them, Did you never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes? [43] Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. [44] And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

And also Deuteronomy speaks of “you shall do according to the verdict which they declare to you from that place which the LORD chooses, you shall be careful to observe according to that they teach you.
^Matthew 23:1-3 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, [2] Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: [3] All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not you after their works: for they say, and do not.

Deuteronomy gets rough. But so does Luke 17…as lightening comes …
My favorite though is the 10 lepers. Jesus Christ does exactly what Deuteronomy 17 says to do in Luke 17…He sends the 10 healed Lepers to the priests ( in office )in those days, “and you shall inquire a verdict of them and they will declare the verdict in the case” -(Deuteronomy 17). In Luke 17 …Jesus heals the Lepers of their disease and tells them to go show themselves to the priest in office in those days…only one returns to praise God. I’ve always heard or was taught …it’s the lepers healed of God that is the problem. Using the lepers as a means to lift up hearts against brothers. But no. Nine received a verdict from the high priest in office in those days and did not return to praise God. That reminds me of thievery from God in the verdict being only one returns to praise God. Jesus Christ asked or makes a bold statement …’did I not heal 10?’ What happened to the other 9 that didn’t return to praise God? Is wasn’t the lepers but the verdict given of the priest in office in those days. nine received the verdict as being unclean by the priest and did not return to give praise to God. Oh High priest and judge in those days …where is the other nine lepers that Christ healed? Maybe the priest in office in those days thought it was only 10% belonged to God? And kept the other 9?

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 1:20-21 NASB...
"Now He was questioned by the Pharisees as to when the kingdom of God was coming, and He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God is not coming with signs that can be observed; nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or, ‘There it is!’ For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst.”

So rather than being "inside a person" as some mystical experience, Jesus was addressing the Pharisees when he said this. Was he saying that the kingdom was "within" those wicked hearts? Not likely, but what he was saying was that the long awaited Messiah, King of the Kingdom of God that they imagined would glorify them, was actually speaking to them and walking among them. There he was the King designate in their midst.....and they failed to recognize him.

That is a really poor translation....we first have to understand what the "Kingdom of God" actually is and what purpose it serves. Why is Jesus its appointed King, and why did God choose some humans to go to heaven when the earth was created to be our permanent home?

When Christians speak of our "going to heaven," what they are really saying is that fallen humans are being restored to God, who lives in heaven. Some may then think that we are going to heaven to live in the sky with God. But as you indicate, this is a bit naive.

Earth is our real home, created for us by God. We are either going to be restored to God in heaven and then return to live on earth with Him in our midst, or we are going to be burned off of it like trash is removed from acreage. Those who are thus removed are then going to live not on earth with us and with God, but somewhere called "Outer Darkness." There is a wide gulf between those who live in paradise on earth and those who are kept in some kind of "Outer Limits."

I agree that God living "in us" is less the idea than God living "among us." And I agree that Jesus referred to the presence of the Kingdom among those in Israel as being "God's Kingdom mysteriously present with them," something going on at the time unrecognized.

God Himself had dwelled in the midst of Israel within the Tabernacle of the Covenant. This was God's mysterious presence within Israel, dwelling in their midst because God was invisiblly present in a plain tent, hardly representative of the splendor of royalty as seen from outside.

But inside, the Tabernacle was lit up by golden candlesticks with angels woven into the walls with beautiful colors. And the aroma of bread and incense was noticeably present, with the presence of God Himself manifestly there with the strong sense of His Spirit.

This is what Jesus meant by the Kingdom coming in a mysterious way, with many unaware of how it was coming. Jesus came without fanfare and without the kind of royal pomp and ceremony usually attending the coming of a King to his position as King.

I agree, in other words, with a number of your points. But I also believe that God dwelling in our midst was also an indication that God wanted us to be tabernacles in which He resided as well, ie God in us, the "hope of glory."

Col 1.27 To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

2 Cor 4.7 But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And also Deuteronomy speaks of “you shall do according to the verdict which they declare to you from that place which the LORD chooses, you shall be careful to observe according to that they teach you.
^Matthew 23:1-3 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, [2] Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: [3] All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not you after their works: for they say, and do not.
What Deuteronomy 17 and Luke 17 helps with to me. One Deuteronomy speaks of abominations or despicable things are done in the midst of Israel.
Then Luke shows Jesus Christ sending the 10 healed Lepers to show themselves the priests in office during those days. As they went all the lepers were cleansed. The reason I think this is against the priest in office is since only one returned to praise God …something took place either the priests taking the glory of the cleansing of the nine for themselves or their verdict was the nine could not return to praise God.

Why to me the 10 Lepers being sent to receive a verdict from the priests in office during those days is significant:
immediately after only one of the 10 that Christ healed returned to give glory to God…the Pharisees demand of Him when the Kingdom of God should come.

His answer to the Pharisees: The Kingdom of God comes not by “observation
Matthew 23:1-3 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, [2] Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: [3] All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not you after their works: for they say, and do not.

Matthew: then if anyone says to you ‘Look, here is Christ’ or ‘there he is’ do not believe it. (Do not you go after their works: for they say, and do not.) For False Christ and false Prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead, even the elect astray. see, I have told you beforehand. So, if they say to you, look He is in the wilderness, do not go out. (Do not go after their works: for they say, and do not). If they say, He is in the inner rooms, do not believe it. (Do not go after their works: for they say -observation-, and do not.)

He turned to His disciples and said “the days will come when you will desire to see one of the days of the son of man, and you will not see it. And they will say to you…see here…or see there: ….do not go after them.(My sheep know My voice and another voice they will not follow). —The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: [3] All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not you go out after their works: for they say, and do not.
The Kingdom of God comes not by “observation” …the Pharisees asked …and Christ tells His disciples: All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not you go after their works: for they say, and do not.

What is the Kingdom of God comes not by observation? Consider the Pharisees demanded when the Kingdom of God should come. he told them not by observation: for they say and do not. Hypocrites? false Christs? False prophets saying “see here is Christ” “see there, that is Christ.”

The Pharisees should have clearly understood what His answer was to them “the Kingdom of God does not come by observation” when they demanded of Him when the Kingdom of God was to come. For they say and do not. Matthew 23:4-6 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. [5] But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments, [6] And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,

Last edited:

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What Deuteronomy 17 and Luke 17 helps with to me. One Deuteronomy speaks of abominations or despicable things are done in the midst of Israel.
Then Luke shows Jesus Christ sending the 10 healed Lepers to show themselves the priests in office during those days. As they went all the lepers were cleansed. The reason I think this is against the priest in office is since only one returned to praise God …something took place either the priests taking the glory of the cleansing of the nine for themselves or their verdict was the nine could not return to praise God.

Why to me the 10 Lepers being sent to receive a verdict from the priests in office during those days is significant:
immediately after only one of the 10 that Christ healed returned to give glory to God…the Pharisees demand of Him when the Kingdom of God should come.

His answer to the Pharisees: The Kingdom of God comes not by “observation
Matthew 23:1-3 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, [2] Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: [3] All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not you after their works: for they say, and do not.

Matthew: then if anyone says to you ‘Look, here is Christ’ or ‘there he is’ do not believe it. (Do not you go after their works: for they say, and do not.) For False Christ and false Prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead, even the elect astray. see, I have told you beforehand. So, if they say to you, look He is in the wilderness, do not go out. (Do not go after their works: for they say, and do not). If they say, He is in the inner rooms, do not believe it. (Do not go after their works: for they say -observation-, and do not.)

He turned to His disciples and said “the days will come when you will desire to see one of the days of the son of man, and you will not see it. And they will say to you…see here…or see there: ….do not go after them.(My sheep know My voice and another voice they will not follow). —The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: [3] All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not you go out after their works: for they say, and do not.
The Kingdom of God comes not by “observation” …the Pharisees asked …and Christ tells His disciples: All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not you go after their works: for they say, and do not.

What is the Kingdom of God comes not by observation? Consider the Pharisees demanded when the Kingdom of God should come. he told them not by observation: for they say and do not. Hypocrites? false Christs? False prophets saying “see here is Christ” “see there, that is Christ.”

The Pharisees should have clearly understood what His answer was to them “the Kingdom of God does not come by observation” when they demanded of Him when the Kingdom of God was to come. For they say and do not. Matthew 23:4-6 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. [5] But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments, [6] And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,
Yes, it appears that the Pharisees would not see evidence of the Kingdom coming through the works of Jesus? They were looking for something that gave them glory for being the People of God. They therefore did not understand the essential relationship they were to have with God through Messiah?

Jesus' works were therefore somewhat "invisible" to the Pharisees as evidence of the coming of the Kingdom of God. Jesus was the vehicle through which the Kingdom would come. Failing to recognize God's works in him they were utterly blind.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you have the Paraclete in you? See Who is the Paraclete?
I have a rather different understanding of the Paraclete and its role in the life of a Christian to the mainstream churches.

To my understanding of the scriptures, the holy spirit is not a person, but the means by which God accomplishes his will and purpose. He can give holy spirit to whomever he chooses, and he can send the holy spirit to do his bidding as he did in creation. The holy spirit is God's power, and it is given in a measured response to any situation. e.g. when Moses was finding the the role he had been given in guiding God's people to the Promised Land, very taxing because of their stiff-necked attitude and complaining spirit at times, his father-in-law, Terah suggest delegating some of the responsibility to others who could lighten the load for him. God agreed, but interestingly, he took "some of the spirit" that was given to Moses and shared it among the 70 who were chosen as assistants. This was no person, but a distribution of God's power in a measured response to that situation. (Numbers 11:10-17)

Fast forward to the first century, and we see that God's spirit was instrumental in all that Jesus and his apostles did. Jesus gave holy spirit to those who preached and healed and performed miracles in his name, revealing the important role that Jesus played as our only mediator.

John the Baptist baptized with water, but Jesus said he would baptize with holy spirit and fire. (Matt 3:11; Mark 1:8; Acts 1:5) You can baptize a person with water or fire by immersing them in those two things, but you cannot baptize a person with another person.

Also, the Bible speaks of people as being “filled with” holy spirit, and of the spirit’s being “poured out,” which obviously rules out its being a divine person. (Eph 5:18; Luke 1:6)

Acts 2:33 is also interesting....speaking of Jesus....
"Therefore, because he was exalted to the right hand of God and received the promised holy spirit from the Father, he has poured out what you see and hear."

The miracles performed by the disciples who received the holy spirit at Pentecost came from the Father who first granted it to his son and then on to those to whom it was promised by Jesus before he left....

"After he had suffered, he showed himself alive to them by many convincing proofs. He was seen by them throughout 40 days, and he was speaking about the Kingdom of God. 4 While he was meeting with them, he ordered them: “Do not leave Jerusalem, but keep waiting for what the Father has promised, about which you heard from me; 5 for John, indeed, baptized with water, but you will be baptized with holy spirit not many days after this. (Acts 1:3-5)

How is one "baptized" with holy spirit? Since it is baptized "with" and not "by" the holy spirit, it is obvious to me that God's spirit is not a person, but the power granted at God's will and discretion.

We know that the priesthood in Israel was pictorial, as was the Temple of something much grander in heaven. The Christians had no earthly Temple or priesthood because they would serve redeemed mankind once God's Kingdom was established over the earth as man's only ruling authority.....at last a true "Theocracy"....government by God in the hands of his most trusted servant, Jesus Christ. (Acts 4:27)

So in answer to your question, "do I have the Paraclete within me"....my answer would be NO. I am guided by holy spirit, but those granted a "heavenly calling" ("saints" Hebrews 3:1) are the ones who are anointed with holy spirit, to give them the 'calling" that they must receive. It will give them the power and the means to rule redeemed mankind in heaven. It requires a "new birth" as spirit beings upon their resurrection.....the "first" of two different ones. Those anointed with God's spirit in the flesh, have a heavenly hope, whereas those who will be ruled by this perfect government, are more than happy to have them as our guides and priests along with our King Christ Jesus for his thousand year reign as the "Prince of peace".

Revelation 21:2-4 will see its fulfillment.....
"I also saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

I hope to be among the blessed ruled rather than the rulers and priests whom God himself has chosen. (Revelation 20:6)
What a wonderful life we will finally have, when the devil and his cronies will have been dealt with forever....never again to cause harm or ruin. Isaiah foresaw it and wrote about that hope....

"For look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth;
And the former things will not be called to mind,
Nor will they come up into the heart. . . . .
No more will there be heard in her the sound of weeping or a cry of distress.”
“No more will there be an infant from that place who lives but a few days,
Nor an old man who fails to live out his days. . . . .
For the days of my people will be like the days of a tree,
And the work of their hands my chosen ones will enjoy to the full.
They will not toil for nothing,
Nor will they bear children for distress,
Because they are the offspring made up of those blessed by Jehovah".

That is how I picture my future.....I do not have "the heavenly calling" and that is fine by me.....I will serve my God wherever he wants me.

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Paraclete is different. He was not available in the OT. See The Paraclete was released if and only if Jesus died
He? The holy spirit is not a "he" (as in a person with gender) but spoken about in a language that assigned gender to almost everything (like French that I learned at school) therefore “pa·raʹkle·tos" is masculine gender only in grammar. The holy spirit is not a male person any more that God is. Greek grammar requires masculine pronouns when the activity of “the helper” is described, since the word for “helper” is in the masculine gender. On the other hand, when the neuter Greek word for “spirit” (pneuʹma) is used, neuter pronouns are used.

Do we know why God and his son refer to themselves as masculine Father and son, even though both are spirit beings? In a male dominated society, to refer to God as a woman would have reduced him in power because God designated the head position in the family to the husband, and teachers in the Jewish congregations, that met in the synagogues, and priests officiating at the Temple, could only be males.
Gender roles in Jewish society were clearly outlined in the scriptures. Headship applied even for Jesus himself. (1 Cor 11:3)

The word “pa·raʹkle·tos" means...."comforter; encourager; advocate.” It is rendered “helper” (pa·raʹkle·tos) and is used in the Bible to describe the roles of both the holy spirit (John 14:26) and Jesus (1 John 2:1) It could literally be rendered “one called to someone’s side” to give assistance or aid.

The holy spirit has been the means of God bringing about his will, all through human history.

You still didn't answer my questions......
"......we first have to understand what the "Kingdom of God" actually is and what purpose it serves. Why is Jesus its appointed King, and why did God choose some humans to go to heaven when the earth was created to be our permanent home?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You still didn't answer my questions......
"......we first have to understand what the "Kingdom of God" actually is and what purpose it serves. Why is Jesus its appointed King, and why did God choose some humans to go to heaven when the earth was created to be our permanent home?

Jehovah witnesses? Don’t mean that ugly but I recognize the teaching. I was raised up baptist/Lutheran and was taught the doctrine of hell fire and brimstone and how God throws people in it.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jehovah witnesses? Don’t mean that ugly but I recognize the teaching. I was raised up baptist/Lutheran and was taught the doctrine of hell fire and brimstone and how God throws people in it.
Do you still believe that? Or have you studied the scriptures and found out that such a place does not exist in reality only in symbol? It is contrary to God's personality and justice to torture people....he finds no delight even in the death of the wicked, so why would he torture them in a fire forever?

Reactions: Cassandra

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What pronouns do you use for the Holy Spirit and for the Paraclete?
Translating language is difficult when things that have no gender are assigned it. Like the French I learned at school.
It helps when we understand that in Greek and many other languages, different from English, nouns often are regarded as masculine or feminine from the standpoint of grammar although neuter as regards sex.

It is similar with Spanish....mesa, meaning “table,” takes a feminine article, la, and libro, meaning “book,” takes the masculine article el, although obviously neither has sex or personality. We hear about la nina and el nino with regard to the weather, when whether has no gender but are represented by a little girl or a little boy.

This is also done in English, for it is common to refer to a certain ship by the feminine pronoun “she.” English is a very convenient language in that its nouns do not have gender arbitrarily and all its articles, “a,” “an,” and “the,” are neuter, but there is much to be said in favor of the arbitrary use of gender as regards exactness, variety and beauty. Its just different, but can be confusing when it comes to interpreting scripture.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you still believe that? Or have you studied the scriptures and found out that such a place does not exist in reality only in symbol? It is contrary to God's personality and justice to torture people....he finds no delight even in the death of the wicked, so why would he torture them in a fire forever?
You didn’t answer so I have no way of knowing if I’m assuming wrong that it reminded me of Jehovah witnesses.

I don’t believe the same as I once did about hell and torment.