The Mystery Revealed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Have you ever considered the revelation of the mystery is; have you ever been hungry enough to want to know. Has the desire ever struck you to want to go deeper with God to understand the mystery of godliness. There is so much of your understanding about life that comes from the mystery revealed. Have you ever considered your being established hinges on the mystery being revealed in you to you as a part of your life and walk. There is no real being established without the mystery revealed. A mystery is only a mystery until it has been revealed, the mystery has been revealed but now must be revealed to you.

There was no mystery in the Old Testament, what they saw was what they got. 10 commandments, obey them be blessed, disobey them and suffer the consequences. No mystery, no Christ in you the hope of glory. Look at our text;

"kept secret since the world began."

Paul would not preach the gospel separate from preaching the revelation of Christ, Eph. 3:3,

How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

The mystery is Christ in you, every born again believer needs a revelation of the indwelling Christ, it is imperative to understanding the things of God. How is the mystery revealed, read Paul as he said. You are not going to have the mystery revealed by reading anywhere in your bible. Your bible is very specific in where to read to have the mystery revealed.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Have you ever considered the revelation of the mystery is; have you ever been hungry enough to want to know. Has the desire ever struck you to want to go deeper with God to understand the mystery of godliness. There is so much of your understanding about life that comes from the mystery revealed. Have you ever considered your being established hinges on the mystery being revealed in you to you as a part of your life and walk. There is no real being established without the mystery revealed. A mystery is only a mystery until it has been revealed, the mystery has been revealed but now must be revealed to you.

There was no mystery in the Old Testament, what they saw was what they got. 10 commandments, obey them be blessed, disobey them and suffer the consequences. No mystery, no Christ in you the hope of glory. Look at our text;

Paul would not preach the gospel separate from preaching the revelation of Christ, Eph. 3:3,

How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

The mystery is Christ in you, every born again believer needs a revelation of the indwelling Christ, it is imperative to understanding the things of God. How is the mystery revealed, read Paul as he said. You are not going to have the mystery revealed by reading anywhere in your bible. Your bible is very specific in where to read to have the mystery revealed.

Are you Doug, or at least another one come here to preach Hyper-Dispensationalism???

If you don't know what that is, look it up. It's man's doctrine, loosely based on reasoning that Paul had a different gospel than the other Apostles. That idea of course is false, as Paul preached the same Gospel to both Jews and Gentiles, as Peter and the other Apostles did also.

I'll bet you didn't know that The Gospel is in just about every Book of the Old Testament. You really ought to study Paul if you're going to claim Paul's doctrine. Might start with Galatians 3 and Romans 4 about Abraham's Faith on The Gospel of Jesus Christ!

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The mystery is revealed in your text if you would have kept on reading..
Ephesians 3:4-6 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
Here’s the mystery revealed...
That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
The mystery that was his was that all along God had in his mind to bring Jew and gentile together in one body which is the church.
Now that wasn’t that hard was it?

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 3:4-6 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
The mystery that was his was that all along God had in his mind to bring Jew and gentile together in one body which is the church.
Now that wasn’t that hard was it?[/QUOTE

Colossians 1:27

27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Reactions: Helen and Not me

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now that wasn’t that hard was it?

I did quote Eph. 3:4 maybe you didn't read the whole article. Anyway if Israel is put on hold for now and the gospel has gone to gentiles, how is your sumation of what the gospel is; when there is neither jew nor gentile, bond nor free in Christ. If you start before anything was strarted (before the foundation of the world) you find neither jew nor gentile. The word "we" as in the whole world were chosen to be in Christ. In other words salvation would come to those that are in Christ (after the cross), has nothing to do with a race of people. A jew has to be saved like anyone else, the cross and their no longer a jew, just like a gentile is no longer a gentile, if they are in Christ.

Reactions: bbyrd009

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did quote Eph. 3:4 maybe you didn't read the whole article. Anyway if Israel is put on hold for now and the gospel has gone to gentiles, how is your sumation of what the gospel is; when there is neither jew nor gentile, bond nor free in Christ. If you start before anything was strarted (before the foundation of the world) you find neither jew nor gentile. The word "we" as in the whole world were chosen to be in Christ. In other words salvation would come to those that are in Christ (after the cross), has nothing to do with a race of people. A jew has to be saved like anyone else, the cross and their no longer a jew, just like a gentile is no longer a gentile, if they are in Christ.
You quoted 4 but you did not quote 5 and 6 which gave us the information we needed. Israel has not been put on hold. Just as you said they too like gentiles must be saved in the same way. The gospel is the good news of human redemption through Jesus Christ. That’s the gospel summed up.

Reactions: Nancy

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You quoted 4 but you did not quote 5 and 6 which gave us the information we needed. Israel has not been put on hold. Just as you said they too like gentiles must be saved in the same way. The gospel is the good news of human redemption through Jesus Christ. That’s the gospel summed up.

Ok but what are you calling "the mystery" are you saying we are adopted jews.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I can tell you haven't studied your Old Testament Books enough. They are also part of God's Word, and Apostles Paul and Peter admonished us to study them too.

Somewhere on this forum I started a thread about Israel being ordained in The Gospel of Jesus Christ. I began with Abraham (though he was a Hebrew, but not an Israelite, but early in the family of Christ). The name 'Israel' God gave Jacob was to represent God's Birthright promises in The Gospel. That is about the inheritance given by God to Abraham who believed God by Faith. The first Promise God gave him was by Faith, Abraham believed, and God counted Abraham's Faith as righteousness (Gal.3). That was 430 years before the law according to Apostle Paul. And thus those of Faith Paul said, have become the "children of Abraham", and we Gentiles inherit with father Abraham.

Thus the name 'Israel', which means 'to overcome with God's help', is actually the Salvation name through Christ Jesus. They cannot be separated. It's the orthodox unbelieving Jews that try to claim that name only applies to them. That is not true, even as Paul showed in Romans 9 with the concept of Gentiles becoming spiritual Israel (an idea from Paul which the Jews hate).

Also in Romans 9 during Paul's context there, he quoted from the Book of Hosea. God was speaking to the ten tribed house of Israel through His prophet Hosea, and it was of how the northern kingdom of Israel had fallen to idols against Him, so He was getting ready to end the northern kingdom of Israel and scatter them. That God did. But in a passage there where said to them that they were no longer 'Ami' (not My people), He would say to them, 'ye are the children of the living God'. Paul quoted that to believing Roman Gentiles in Rom.9. Even though it was written to the seed of Israel through Hosea the prophet, Paul said it to Gentile believers on Christ Jesus.

Why would Apostle Paul quote that from Hosea to believing Gentile Romans?

Rom 9:23-26
23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.
26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not My people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

KJV

Hos 1:9-11
9 Then said God, Call his name Lo-ammi: for ye are not My people, and I will not be your God.
10 Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, 'Ye are not My people', there it shall be said unto them, 'Ye are the sons of the living God.'

11 Then shall the children of Judah and the children of Israel be gathered together, and appoint themselves one head, and they shall come up out of the land: for great shall be the day of Jezreel.
KJV

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'll wait for your response to my question in post #8 instead of going deeper on The Gospel link to Israel.

But know this, the title of Jew, per the Jewish historian Josephus who lived in 100 A.D., comes from the tribe of Judah. Only those who sided with Judah after God split old Israel into two separate kingdoms after Solomon's day, became known as Jews. These were the tribe of Judah, the tribe of Benjamin, and many of the tribe of Levi, and also strangers that lived in the southern kingdom of Judah at Jerusalem/Judea. They also took the name Jew. Then a small remnant of the ten northern tribes moved south to side with Judah, and they became known as Jews.

But the majority... of the ten tribed northern kingdom made up the greater part of the children of Israel. They were not known as Jews. God scattered these ten tribes among the Gentiles and they lost their heritage as part of Israel. The southern kingdom of Judah remained in the land, they did not lose their heritage of the feast days, the new moons, sabbaths, etc. God promised in Hosea they wouldn't lose that. But the Jews lost... who and where the ten northern tribes were scattered, and who they would become, even to this day. So since only the Jews of the southern kingdom were left, only they have been known as Israel since then. But in God's Word, He has proclaimed He will gather the ten lost tribes in final, that He knows who and where they are.

Can you figure out from Paul's Messages in Romans 9 where the ten lost tribes of Israel would wind up? Paul indirectly revealed where.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Paul said the mystery was that Jews and gentiles would be a part of the same body. They would no longer be seen as a second class citizen. They would be equal.. that is the mystery

Reactions: Helen and soul man

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What WAS kept Secret in the Beginning of Mankind WAS a MYSTERY To Them.

WHEN Secrets began being FORETOLD, (but not YET SEEN), it is called, PROPHECY.

Prophecy FORETOLD, and Believed WITHOUT SEEING (with earthly EYES) is called FAITH.

FAITH is a Gift from God forward to men Who are NOT stiffnecked, who TRUST God WITHOUT Seeing God with their Earthly Eyes, but Rather SEE from the spirit in their Heart, historical Prophecy, HAS INDEED come to pass in fruition.

The Secret is Gods Word HAS ALWAYS been with Mankind.

The MYSTERY is Mankind SAW The Word of God, In The Flesh LIKENESS As A MAN.

Some men believed it Then 2000+ years ago,
Some men didn't believe it Then.

Some men believe it Now, Some do Not believe it Now.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: ScottA and soul man

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What WAS kept Secret in the Beginning of Mankind WAS a MYSTERY To Them.

WHEN Secrets began being FORETOLD, (but not YET SEEN), it is called, PROPHECY.

Prophecy FORETOLD, and Believed WITHOUT SEEING (with earthly EYES) is called FAITH.

FAITH is a Gift from God forward to men Who are NOT stiffnecked, who TRUST God WITHOUT Seeing God with their Earthly Eyes, but Rather SEE from the spirit in their Heart, historical Prophecy, HAS INDEED come to pass in fruition.

The Secret is Gods Word HAS ALWAYS been with Mankind.

The MYSTERY is Mankind SAW The Word of God, In The Flesh LIKENESS As A MAN.

Some men believed it Then 2000+ years ago,
Some men didn't believe it Then.

Some men believe it Now, Some do Not believe it Now.

Glory to God,
Taken

And he (soul man) doesn't understand anymore than you do, about how God would scatter the majority of the seed of Israel among the Gentiles where the majority of them would accept The Gospel of Jesus Christ along with believing Gentiles, and become Christ's Church. Instead, you and soul man are 'stuck' on thinking only Jews are the seed of Israel. By doing that you have scrapped the majority of the seed of Israel that are among us Gentiles today that make up probably the majority of the western Christian nations and Christ's Church in the west!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
....you and soul man are 'stuck' on thinking only Jews are the seed of Israel.

Surely you would want to present yourself as honest....and quote me saying that.
Otherwise it would be like you....stating a lie, Correct?

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: bbyrd009 and ScottA

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Surely you would want to present yourself as honest....and quote me saying that.
Otherwise it would be like you....stating a lie, Correct?

Glory to God,
Taken

If you stick to Darby's Pre-trib Rapture theory and his Dispensationalism, then that means you are going to deny how the 12 scattered tribes of Israel through western history had become a major part of Christ's Church, thus negating any ideas of separation between them and believing Gentiles in Christ's future Millennial reign. Instead, you are going to side with orthodox unbelieving Jew's falsehoods that they only represent true Israel, and that's pretty much how your posts read.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you stick to Darby's Pre-trib Rapture theory and his Dispensationalism,

Huh? I never mentioned someone named Darby or that I am sticking to something regarding him....

Don't you think you are being Presumptuous?

How about you stick to the Facts?

If someone named Darby is a driving force in what I believe... I'll be the one to state that for myself...Not You!

then that means you are going to deny how the 12 scattered tribes of Israel through western history had become a major part of Christ's Church,

First of all; I am not accountable for what Darby claims.
Secondly; I am not accountable for YOUR IF / THEN so called "western history" scenario, regarding the Tribes of Israel.

The History of Christ's Church Began IN the "EAST", NOT the WEST.

Christ's Church IS an EXCLUSIVE Membership, FOR MEN CONVERTED "IN" Christ.........BEFORE the "GREAT TRIBULATION" Begins.

If you are one WHO Believes, "the Scattered tribes of Israel" are a MAJOR "part" of Christ's Church....I would adamantly DISAGREE WITH YOU.

It is MY consenses, FROM Historical Knowledge, THAT THE MAJOR "part" of the 12 Tribes of Israel, regardless of Where they LIVE, IDENTIFY THEMSELVES WITH "ISRAEL";

And It is MY consenses, THAT the MAJOR "part" of "ISRAEL" Identifies themselves with BELIEF IN GOD, and NOT a Belief Jesus as their Lord and Christ.

So, NO, I do not Believe A "MAJOR" "part" of the TRIBES of ISRAEL...makeup a "MAJOR PART" of Christ's Church....Being utterly ridiculous, that one who DOES NOT BELIEVE IN Jesus the Christ, is a MEMBER of Christ Jesus' CHURCH!! Utter nonsense.

Thus NOTHING. I am not responsible for YOUR bringing up Darby, or YOU pretending I have some Following with him, or YOU presenting some off the wall IF/Then scenario, as if, I am in agreement with you...
I'm NOT in agreement with you.

negating any ideas of separation between them and believing Gentiles in Christ's future Millennial reign.

Nonsense. You skip a LOT of information...
And JUMP into an Unfounded nonsensical claim.

Instead, you are going to side with orthodox unbelieving Jew's falsehoods that they only represent true Israel, and that's pretty much how your posts read.

Actually, Instead of siding with YOU, I choose to SIDE with Scripture.

If you want to discuss YOUR perspective with MY perspective , Regarding the OP, the Jews, Israel, Gentiles... FINE.... However such a discussion WILL NOT GO WELL, By you name dropping and telling ME what and Why I believe what I do.
I am quite capable of Speaking for myself.

Instead, you are going to side with orthodox unbelieving Jew's falsehoods that they only represent true Israel,

These are YOUR WORDS, so it is YOU, I will ask...
what exactly is an "orthodox unbelieving Jew"?
Exactly what does an "Orthodox Jew Believe IN....and NOT believe IN ?

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy

Jon Mathews

May 7, 2019
indianapolis, in
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soul Man is correct in that the "Mystery" is Christ in us. CNKW3 is correct in that the "Mystery" is Christ's Spirit coming into both Jew and Gentile, making One Body in which there is now neither Jew NOR Gentile. I appreciate you both for bringing the Revelation of this Mystery to the forefront of my thinking.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The mystery is Christ in you, every born again believer needs a revelation of the indwelling Christ, it is imperative to understanding the things of God.
This is a part of the mystery of the Church (redeemed Jews and Gentiles in one Body), which was not revealed to the OT prophets, but only to Paul. So we need to bring together all the Scriptures which tell us about this mystery (which has already been revealed to Paul, and through Paul to the Church). Paul sums it up with "Christ is all, and in all".

1. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: (Eph 1:3)

2. According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love (Eph 1:4)

3. Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will (Eph 1:5)

Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth;even in him: (Eph 1:9,10)

5. And hath put all
things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all. (Eph 1:22,23)

6. Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: (Col 1:25-27)

7. That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. (Col 2:2,3)

For in him [Christ] dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: (Col 2:9-11)

For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory. Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry: (Col 3:3-5)

10. And have put on the new
man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him: Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all. (Col 3:10-11)

Reactions: Taken

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Huh? I never mentioned someone named Darby or that I am sticking to something regarding him....

Don't you think you are being Presumptuous?

How about you stick to the Facts?

If someone named Darby is a driving force in what I believe... I'll be the one to state that for myself...Not You!

First of all; I am not accountable for what Darby claims.
Secondly; I am not accountable for YOUR IF / THEN so called "western history" scenario, regarding the Tribes of Israel.

The History of Christ's Church Began IN the "EAST", NOT the WEST.

Christ's Church IS an EXCLUSIVE Membership, FOR MEN CONVERTED "IN" Christ.........BEFORE the "GREAT TRIBULATION" Begins.

If you are one WHO Believes, "the Scattered tribes of Israel" are a MAJOR "part" of Christ's Church....I would adamantly DISAGREE WITH YOU.

It is MY consenses, FROM Historical Knowledge, THAT THE MAJOR "part" of the 12 Tribes of Israel, regardless of Where they LIVE, IDENTIFY THEMSELVES WITH "ISRAEL";

And It is MY consenses, THAT the MAJOR "part" of "ISRAEL" Identifies themselves with BELIEF IN GOD, and NOT a Belief Jesus as their Lord and Christ.

So, NO, I do not Believe A "MAJOR" "part" of the TRIBES of ISRAEL...makeup a "MAJOR PART" of Christ's Church....Being utterly ridiculous, that one who DOES NOT BELIEVE IN Jesus the Christ, is a MEMBER of Christ Jesus' CHURCH!! Utter nonsense.

Thus NOTHING. I am not responsible for YOUR bringing up Darby, or YOU pretending I have some Following with him, or YOU presenting some off the wall IF/Then scenario, as if, I am in agreement with you...
I'm NOT in agreement with you.

Nonsense. You skip a LOT of information...
And JUMP into an Unfounded nonsensical claim.

Actually, Instead of siding with YOU, I choose to SIDE with Scripture.

If you want to discuss YOUR perspective with MY perspective , Regarding the OP, the Jews, Israel, Gentiles... FINE.... However such a discussion WILL NOT GO WELL, By you name dropping and telling ME what and Why I believe what I do.
I am quite capable of Speaking for myself.

These are YOUR WORDS, so it is YOU, I will ask...
what exactly is an "orthodox unbelieving Jew"?
Exactly what does an "Orthodox Jew Believe IN....and NOT believe IN ?

Glory to God,
Taken

We've had that argument before; you couldn't support with Scripture then, nor can you now. Your view of the Jews comes from the Darbyite camp. And that is about wrongly separating the believing Israelites from Christ's Church.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We've had that argument before; you couldn't support with Scripture then, nor can you now.

Not sure what you are calling THAT argument.

Your view of the Jews comes from the Darbyite camp.

Big of you to tell me, MY VIeW of JEWS comes from some Ideas of a Guy, that I have no idea of his View concerning the Jews.

You really put yourself at a disadvantage of consideration, when you don't present your own views, but rather try to stack your creditability on accusing others of unfounded gobblygook.

And that is about wrongly separating the believing Israelites from Christ's Church.

What's a believing Israelite according to you?
What's Christ's Church according to you?

Glory to God,
Taken

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure what you are calling THAT argument.

Big of you to tell me, MY VIeW of JEWS comes from some Ideas of a Guy, that I have no idea of his View concerning the Jews.

You really put yourself at a disadvantage of consideration, when you don't present your own views, but rather try to stack your creditability on accusing others of unfounded gobblygook.

What's a believing Israelite according to you?
What's Christ's Church according to you?

Glory to God,
Taken

Like I said, we've had this conversation before (with your beliefs on the false pre-trib rapture theory, i.e., a Darbyite teaching from 1830's Britain). Darby's Dispensationalist ideas go with that, which is also included.