The myth of grace-only & easy-believism shattered forever

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those that have the Holy Ghost bear the fruit of it per Gal 5.
Repentance is not a fruit of the Spirit, but an allowance by God
repentance comes from being attached to the vine Godly sorrow brings about repentance/ broken / contrite spirit through CONVICTION/chastisement/ spirit of truth

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
repentance comes from being attached to the vine Godly sorrow brings about repentance/ broken / contrite spirit through CONVICTION/chastisement/ spirit of truth
Getting attached requires more than repentance, correct?

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well yes, It is all about Acts. Acts is the foundation of a Christian. Without Acts 2:38, there is no foundation.
Acts skippers have an upside down building, which brings mass confusion.
I never point sinners to the Epistles, only saints.
Case in point...try reading 1Cor 14 to a sinner some time. Yikes.
Jesus said Matthew 16
13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, He questioned His disciples: “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”14They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”15“But what about you?” Jesus asked. “Who do you say I am?”16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”17Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah!b For this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by My Father in heaven. 18And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it. 19I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.” Jesus is the true foundation that was before acts ut takes all the book not just acts

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no matter what i post you question or counter with oneness doctrine . try moving past the book of acts
Why leave Acts if you haven’t been in it yet.
Acts is before Romans etc., both literally and Spiritually.
One must graduate Acts to get into Epistle school.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said Matthew 16
13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, He questioned His disciples: “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”14They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”15“But what about you?” Jesus asked. “Who do you say I am?”16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”17Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah!b For this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by My Father in heaven. 18And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it. 19I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.” Jesus is the true foundation that was before acts ut takes all the book not just acts
.will build my Church.

Future tense...Acts 2.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why leave Acts if you haven’t been in it yet.
Acts is before Romans etc., both literally and Spiritually.
One must graduate Acts to get into Epistle school.
i been through acts

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
see i knew what your answer would be ahead of time :eek: but your wrong :rolleyes:
How else does someone know they have a supernatural Being inside them without a supernatural experience?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i been through acts
Have you been through Acts 2:38?

Baptized in the name of Jesus Christ with the similar type of evidence per tongues as Peter in Acts 2 quoted Joel would happen?

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.will build my Church.

Future tense...Acts 2.
yes the Church was formed in acts upon this knowledge but the foundation was laid at calvary .the price was paid in acts the Holy spirit come in as a sound of a mighty rushing wind.. from there he empowered believers . the first cong was at antioch from there it spread PAST acts the apostle Paul was saved and begin his journey

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How else does someone know they have a supernatural Being inside them without a supernatural experience?
it sure aint speaking in tongues the spirit is in me given to me at the new Birth . i know you think your closer to God more holy righteous than me. du to speaking in tongues . i am not against tongues done in the proper manner

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you been through Acts 2:38?

Baptized in the name of Jesus Christ with the similar type of evidence per tongues as Peter in Acts 2 quoted Joel would happen?
i been to the cross i got saved i got baptized i have the Holy One living in me. sorry there is more to salvation than just being apostolic

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i been to the cross i got saved i got baptized i have the Holy One living in me. sorry there is more to salvation than just being apostolic
Skipping Acts 2:38 is Apostolic?
I trow not.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it sure aint speaking in tongues the spirit is in me given to me at the new Birth . i know you think your closer to God more holy righteous than me. du to speaking in tongues . i am not against tongues done in the proper manner
I don’t think I am holier than thou.

I am just saying why not us?

Why does the 1st century church get the real deal and we get an imitation.

I want everything they had, don’t you?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes the Church was formed in acts upon this knowledge but the foundation was laid at calvary .the price was paid in acts the Holy spirit come in as a sound of a mighty rushing wind.. from there he empowered believers . the first cong was at antioch from there it spread PAST acts the apostle Paul was saved and begin his journey
Okay, we agree the church started in Acts 2.

Now, are we duplicating the doctrine and experience of Acts 2(38)?

If not, why not?

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, are we duplicating the doctrine and experience of Acts 2(38)?
every thing you based off of is acts 2:38 the difference is interruption. what is the gift of the Holy ghost? power and i have that power i just believe in the father the son the Holy Ghost..take one part away you have nothing . you place strong emphasis on Tongues. i place strong emphasis on grace the divine favor of God the Gift of God the free gift . my Hope in glory . i am open to what God wants me to have. i been to the well and took a drink of living water

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
every thing you based off of is acts 2:38 the difference is interruption. what is the gift of the Holy ghost? power and i have that power i just believe in the father the son the Holy Ghost..take one part away you have nothing . you place strong emphasis on Tongues. i place strong emphasis on grace the divine favor of God the Gift of God the free gift . my Hope in glory . i am open to what God wants me to have. i been to the well and took a drink of living water
I am building you a foundation here that you need to have in your life.

Without such a foundation, you are not in the original Church, but some other church.

Acts 2:38 must be strictly obeyed when a sinner asks what to do to be saved.

There is only 1 church but countless hundreds of denominations, all thinking differently.

That 1 church demanded repentance, water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ with the promise of receiving the Holy Ghost.

“They heard them speak with tongues” when seeing the evidence of the first gentiles to receive the Holy Ghost.

Why not us today?

Are we too cool?