The myth of grace-only & easy-believism shattered forever

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Such as??

Do you expect an answer, lol ?
The idea of understanding anothers position on scripture, the strengths and weaknesses of different approaches requires an open mind, and the ability to empathise. Putting money into a slot machine just produces a repetition of the same responses.

To some peoples minds you and I are the same, which clearly is not true, but then if you want to make everyone else the enemy it does make it simple, lol.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
When we come to Christ and are Baptized - our sin is washed away (Acts 2:38). This is NOT a guarantee that you will never sin again - NOT does it forgive all of your FUTURE sins. We STILL need to repent and ask for forgiveness when we stumble.

Matt. 6:12, James 5:16, Rom. 7:21-25, and 1 John 1:8 ALL point to the fact that we will continue to struggle with sin. The entire message of the Gospel is that, as followers of Christ - we now have a way OUT because of what He did on Calvary.

The idea that Christians cannot sin is an arrogant position that has NO place in Scripture or in the teachings of the historic Christian faith.
We are in constant need of God's grace and mercy until the day we die.

I agree with you in principle, not in the way it is practised. It is true formalism has emotional power, but when formalism and ceremony become the definition of reality Christ has left the building.

It is always difficult when symbols are easier to hang on to than the realities of the heart and spiritual truths of scripture.

When the disciples asked Jesus how should we pray, they did not expect the Lords prayer. The flow of the heart is the Kingdom of heaven, the Holy Spirit at work in a saints life, yet few seem to realise this or aspire to what it means or how it works. In my drab moments it makes one wonder about the pursuits of man. God bless you

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you expect an answer, lol ?
The idea of understanding anothers position on scripture, the strengths and weaknesses of different approaches requires an open mind, and the ability to empathise. Putting money into a slot machine just produces a repetition of the same responses.

To some peoples minds you and I are the same, which clearly is not true, but then if you want to make everyone else the enemy it does make it simple, lol.
I'm NOT the one who made the claim that I have a "distorted view of Biblical truth" - @Eternally Grateful made this claim.
I merely inquired as to which views . . .

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with you in principle, not in the way it is practised. It is true formalism has emotional power, but when formalism and ceremony become the definition of reality Christ has left the building.

It is always difficult when symbols are easier to hang on to than the realities of the heart and spiritual truths of scripture.

When the disciples asked Jesus how should we pray, they did not expect the Lords prayer. The flow of the heart is the Kingdom of heaven, the Holy Spirit at work in a saints life, yet few seem to realise this or aspire to what it means or how it works. In my drab moments it makes one wonder about the pursuits of man. God bless you
Not in the way what is practiced, exactly??

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm NOT the one who made the claim that I have a "distorted view of Biblical truth" - @Eternally Grateful made this claim.
Many, oh many, have asked similar questions. The art is they make an accusation which to their folk means something, but in fact different things for each. The art is to never specify the details, so you leave the impression of victory without doing anything. Muhammed did this very well, and it works if the opposition do not highlight it, and show it's a losers approach of defeat :) The mindset is you are legalists so you would say that, not this is just emotional relativism.

I have seen a bunch of 8 people do this for each other, like a gang assault without care or sense. They try the same approach here but it is not tolerated, so it cannot go too far. God bless you

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not in the way what is practiced, exactly??
Having a priest, the sacredness of a church, statues, exalting Mary, the rosery, christenning, apostolic succession, last rights, confession etc . I am a Baptist with charismatic views, so our outlook is well known. Theologically I am a holiness movement follower. It is a large amount of stuff, not for here, this is just a pointer to my convictions. God bless you

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Question is, are these ceremonies required for one to be saved? If it is, then God is quite frankly a weakling and is no more powerful or different than the witchcraft performed on behalf of false gods. It essentially becomes a sort of works based faith actually.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I did was say You asked him why YOUR truth bothered him. (claiming it to be biblical truth) and I said maybe its not the truth after all. maybe its distorted

Well which ones?

Lets see, you preach a works based sacramental system to be saved, thus rejecting grace (it resembles the pharisee system of salvation by laws, than it does the grace salvation taught in the NT)
Your teach a Eucharistic interpretation of John 6, yet deny those who partake of it will get what Jesus promised

I guess you and ole petey thought i would be afraid?

There is a reason I do not answer Petey (Followhim) We have known each other for years.. And it is the same ole stuff.. Just not worth it anymore

Reactions: Dcopymope

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many, oh many, have asked similar questions. The art is they make an accusation which to their folk means something, but in fact different things for each. The art is to never specify the details, so you leave the impression of victory without doing anything. Muhammed did this very well, and it works if the opposition do not highlight it, and show it's a losers approach of defeat :) The mindset is you are legalists so you would say that, not this is just emotional relativism.

I have seen a bunch of 8 people do this for each other, like a gang assault without care or sense. They try the same approach here but it is not tolerated, so it cannot go too far. God bless you
You need to back away my friend.

And I would suggest you practice what you preach. Because you as you always are. are guilty and have been guilty of what you judge others of doing.

Just like I told you before. Look in the mirror and remove the plank before you try to take the spec of other people eyes.

Now. Back on "ignore"

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question is, are these ceremonies required for one to be saved? If it is, then God is quite frankly a weakling and is no more powerful or different than the witchcraft performed on behalf of false gods. It essentially becomes a sort of works based faith actually.
Amen

If only they could see this

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen

If only they could see this

Rituals are the ties that bind you to a specific group. Without it, there is nothing there, because it says nothing about the actual contents of ones heart that only God knows in the end. You're just going through the motions, and nothing about it saves or brings you any closer to God.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
BreadOfLife I appreciate your desire to be straight.
You need to back away my friend.

And I would suggest you practice what you preach. Because you as you always are. are guilty and have been guilty of what you judge others of doing.

Just like I told you before. Look in the mirror and remove the plank before you try to take the spec of other people eyes.

Now. Back on "ignore"
I am not judging you I am commenting on the approach. I actually admire it's elegance, though when exposed its flaws. But if shinning a light on this means it is seen as wrong, that is up to the reader to decide.

I think you do not know the difference between description and condemnation. I for instance do not answer all questions, or is it wrong to do so. Do you know how this goes? God bless you :)

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having a priest, the sacredness of a church, statues, exalting Mary, the rosery, christenning, apostolic succession, last rights, confession etc . I am a Baptist with charismatic views, so our outlook is well known. Theologically I am a holiness movement follower. It is a large amount of stuff, not for here, this is just a pointer to my convictions. God bless you
ALL Biblical:

- Last Rights & the Ministerial Priesthood (James 5:13-15)
- Christening/Baptism (John 3:5, Acts 2:38, 1 Pet. 3:21)
- Confession (John 20:21-23, 2 Cor. 2:10, 2 Cor. 5:18-20)
- "Exalting" Mary (Luke 1:48)
- Statues (Exod. 25:18)
- Apostolic Succession (Acts 1:20)

- "Sacredness" of a church (2 Chron. 5)

Can I help you with anything else??

Reactions: RogerDC

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have to laugh
"You have to back away"
Just in this one phrase it's like someone is packing and they might do something. Is there such a thing on a forum? It's as if there is an incident that has taken place, except nothing there, other than someone posturing.
But at what and for what?

They do not know because the words do not appear. Bit pointless then, but I suppose it's what some know how to do, except at work it means something....

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
ALL Biblical:

- Last Rights & the Ministerial Priesthood (James 5:13-15)
- Christening/Baptism (John 3:5, Acts 2:38, 1 Pet. 3:21)
- Confession (John 20:21-23, 2 Cor. 2:10, 2 Cor. 5:18-20)
- "Exalting" Mary (Luke 1:48)
- Statues (Exod. 25:18)
- Apostolic Succession (Acts 1:20)

- "Sacredness" of a church (2 Chron. 5)

Can I help you with anything else??
My friend, these issues are not resolved this way. At best we share our common love of Jesus, to which I say amen. God bless you

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I did was say You asked him why YOUR truth bothered him. (claiming it to be biblical truth) and I said maybe its not the truth after all. maybe its distorted

Well which ones?

Lets see, you preach a works based sacramental system to be saved, thus rejecting grace (it resembles the pharisee system of salvation by laws, than it does the grace salvation taught in the NT)
Your teach a Eucharistic interpretation of John 6, yet deny those who partake of it will get what Jesus promised

There is a reason I do not answer Petey (Followhim) We have known each other for years.. And it is the same ole stuff.. Just not worth it anymore
The 2 points you made above in RED are LIES.

- I never preached a "works based sacramental system".
- I never "denied" that those who parttake of the Eucharist will get what Jesus promised. On the contrary - I believe with ALL of my heart in those promises.

Maybe you should pay attention when you read my posts instead of going off the deep-end . . .

Reactions: RogerDC

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My friend, these issues are not resolved this way. At best we share our common love of Jesus, to which I say amen. God bless you
Well, "resolved" with you or not - they are Scripturally-sound.and have been the constant living practice pf Christ's Church for 2000 years.
Your objections only began to rear their head a mere 500 years ago . . .

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Well which ones?

I hear your appreciation, but again without content. The great thing about interactions is we learn from each other, even enemies.
I know this brick wall, has been the same from all these folk. They are God's chosen and we the legalists, people who believe in morality and responsibility of action.
They represent total moral and emotional relativism, ie I am guilty but should not feel guilt or sorrow. There is no deeper statement of self condemnation that calls for God's judgement than this. To know God and do a v sign is insane. It is like putting a noose around ones neck and jumping off a drop.
Even the apostles faced folk like this, and the same call was made, repent, live a holy life. But then it takes time to learn these folk exist. God bless you

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well, "resolved" with you or not - they are Scripturally-sound.and have been the constant living practice pf Christ's Church for 2000 years.
Your objections only began to rear their head a mere 500 years ago . . .
I like this argument, but also faith and the Lord is always difficult to pin down. All I can testify to is faith in God. Jesus said the Kingdom would grow, and today we have more believers than ever. If we walk in His love, amen. God bless you