The myth of grace-only & easy-believism shattered forever

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep you know the bible great, now all you need to do is find Jesus and get to know Him, you dont want to be one where He says, " I never knew you". Bible cant save you no matter how much of it you can quote, even the devil is vastly superior at it, these forums are filled with his handywork.
Oh stop it!
I am just showing you the order of the Bible and how to teach it to sinners.

Do me a favor, don’t teach Epistles to sinners, they will go bonkers on you, just teach them to saints that can understand them.

By the way, the reason the groups like Church of Christ, Baptist, etc. denounce modern Spirit infilling with tongues is because they skipped Acts.

Think about it

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do me a favor, don’t teach Epistles to sinners, they will go bonkers on you, just teach them to saints that can understand them
No because they, like you, read the bible, drew there own conclusion and created a new religion just like everyone else, no one is interested in Christ nor the Holy Spirit or being Taught by them, everyone wants to prove to the world how smart they are, just end up looking like fools in the eyes of God

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No because they, like you, read the bible, drew there own conclusion and created a new religion just like everyone else, no one is interested in Christ nor the Holy Spirit or being Taught by them, everyone wants to prove to the world how smart they are, just end up looking like fools in the eyes of God
Take sinners through the gospels, the Acts, then when they qualify, the Epistles.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Take sinners through the gospels, the Acts, then when they qualify, the Epistles.
No you take them to Christ like little children so that He can fill them before they get filled with themselves from too much learning.

2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

should read it

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No you take them to Christ like little children so that He can fill them before they get filled with themselves from too much learning.

2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

should read it
They find Christ in the Gospels, then are baptized into Him in Acts, then learn to walk with Him in the Epistles.

Stick to the script.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong.
The Bible itself doesn't teach this. The Bible teaches that Christ's CHURCH is our final Authority on earth

STUDY your Bible . . .

Matt 16:16-19
He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?"
Simon Peter said in reply, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God."
Jesus said to him in reply, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah. For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father.
And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.
I will give YOU the keys to the kingdom of heaven. WHATEVER YOU bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and WHATEVER YOU loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

Matt. 18:15-18
"If your brother sins (against you), go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have won over your brother.
If he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, so that 'every fact may be established on the testimony of two or three witnesses.'
If he refuses to listen to them, tell the church. If he refuses to listen even to the church, then treat him as you would a Gentile or a tax collector.
Amen, I say to you, WHATEVER YOU bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and WHATEVER YOU loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Luke 10:16
Whoever listens to YOU listens to ME. Whoever rejects YOU rejects ME. And whoever rejects ME rejects the ONE who sent ME."

John 16:12-15
“I have much more to tell you, but you cannot bear it now.
But when he comes, the Spirit of truth, he will guide you to ALL truth. He will not speak on his own, but he will speak what he hears, and will declare to YOU the things that are coming.
He will glorify me, because he will TAKE from what is MINE and declare it to YOU.
Everything that the Father has is MINE; for this reason I told you that he will TAKE from what is MINE and declare it to YOU.

John 20:21-23
Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you.” And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the holy Spirit. Whose sins YOU FORGIVE are forgiven them, and whose sins YOU RETAIN are retained.

Wrong.

(Proverbs 26:4-5).

You have not considered that any unregenerated bloke can claim to be in the church and thus to have authority over you when it comes to interpreting the holy scriptures.

Let me put it this way (because I am regenerated). I am in the church; and therefore what I say has the final authority over you when it comes to your interpretation of the holy scriptures. I am in and of the church; and therefore I have the final authority. You are not to use your own mind and interpret the holy scriptures for yourself; you are to blindly take my word on what the scripture actually means; because, after all, I am of the church, and therefore I have the final authority.

The problem with this is that if you really and truly believe in Christ (and are born again of the Holy Spirit) you also are of the church; and therefore your interpretation of scripture would also be valid. Therefore adhering to my interpretation (over the fact that I am of the church and carry the final authority) is not necessarily your best bet.

Because you are held accountable for what God is speaking to you at any given moment. And this has to be filtered through your mind and heart, not mine.

It is unavoidable but that you should filter your own understanding of the holy scriptures through your own thought processes. I consider this to be a first truth; something that is undeniable based on our own experience.

Now if you add the thought processes of saints throughout the centuries, you are in danger of convoluting your understanding of the holy scriptures. They may indeed have valid points; and everything ought to be considered: however, where the thoughts of the saints contradict the holy scriptures themselves, I believe that the holy scriptures are to take precedence.

Therefore the Bible is indeed the final authority (and not the church).

Reactions: Truther

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, he said teachable persons.
They were not instructed to baptize and teach newborns.
I guess the RCC started the first nursery ministry?
WRONG.
You are a perfect example of who Jesus was rebuking when He said

Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God.” (Matt 19:14, Luke 18:16).

People like YOU who would keep Baptism from infants are doing precisely what Christ himself disapproved of.
As for your claim that the Apostles were NOT instructed to Baptize and teach newborns – THIS is what Jesus said:

Matt. 28:19-20
Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age.”

You Baptize an infant or small child – THEN you teach them what Christ commanded.
Haven’t you ever raised kids? If not – you’ll learn

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2:38 is a new religion?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG.
You are a perfect example of who Jesus was rebuking when He said

Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God.” (Matt 19:14, Luke 18:16).

People like YOU who would keep Baptism from infants are doing precisely what Christ himself disapproved of.
As for your claim that the Apostles were NOT instructed to Baptize and teach newborns – THIS is what Jesus said:

Matt. 28:19-20
Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age.”

You Baptize an infant or small child – THEN you teach them what Christ commanded.
Haven’t you ever raised kids? If not – you’ll learn
Did they plop all their newborns around Jesus or did the kids come running to him?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong.

(Proverbs 26:4-5).

You have not considered that any unregenerated bloke can claim to be in the church and thus to have authority over you when it comes to interpreting the holy scriptures.

Let me put it this way (because I am regenerated). I am in the church; and therefore what I say has the final authority over you when it comes to your interpretation of the holy scriptures. I am in and of the church; and therefore I have the final authority. You are not to use your own mind and interpret the holy scriptures for yourself; you are to blindly take my word on what the scripture actually means; because, after all, I am of the church, and therefore I have the final authority.

The problem with this is that if you really and truly believe in Christ (and are born again of the Holy Spirit) you also are of the church; and therefore your interpretation of scripture would also be valid. Therefore adhering to my interpretation (over the fact that I am of the church and carry the final authority) is not necessarily your best bet.

Because you are held accountable for what God is speaking to you at any given moment. And this has to be filtered through your mind and heart, not mine.

It is unavoidable but that you should filter your own understanding of the holy scriptures through your own thought processes. I consider this to be a first truth; something that is undeniable based on our own experience.

Now if you add the thought processes of saints throughout the centuries, you are in danger of convoluting your understanding of the holy scriptures. They may indeed have valid points; and everything ought to be considered: however, where the thoughts of the saints contradict the holy scriptures themselves, I believe that the holy scriptures are to take precedence.

Therefore the Bible is indeed the final authority (and not the church).
First of all – your spiritual arrogance is completely out of control.

YOU are not the Church – NO individual is the Church. The Church is the BODY of Christ (1 Cor. 12) – not an individual member.

Secondly – you don’t have authority over me. There ARE those within the Church, however, who DO have authority and are “over us” in Christ:
1 Thess. 5:12
We ask you, brothers, to respect those who are laboring among you and who are OVER YOU in the Lord and who admonish you.

1 Tim. 5:17
Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of DOUBLE HONOUR, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.

Thirdly – your claim that unless I agree with YOUR interpretation of Scripture, I am “wrong” is the most asinine thing a Protestant can say. Protestantism is made up of tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering sects that ALL teach different doctrine based on the personal interpretations of their human founders.

Finally – contrary to your moronic claims – I’m not giving you MY interpretations of anything. I am simply parroting the teachings of Christ’s 2000 year-old Church. And, as I showed you with SEVERAL verses of God's Word - His CHURCH is the final earthly Authority (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 16:12-15, John 20:21-23).

Until you can refute this with Scripture - you LOSE.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it was fake commentary from ancient apostates.
They are your Apostles.
They rule your minds
The ECFs were "apostate"??

Then, YOU are calling Jesus a “Liar.”
He guaranteed that His Church would not fail (Matt. 16:18). According to YOU – His Church failed EARLY ON, the ECFs were all “apostate” and it wasn’t until AFTER the Protestant Revolt that His Church came back from the ashes.

This isn’t just stupid and unsubstantiated – it’s blasphemous.
Doesn’t sound like you know Christ at ALL . . .

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ECFs were "apostate"??

Then, YOU are calling Jesus a “Liar.”
He guaranteed that His Church would not fail (Matt. 16:18). According to YOU – His Church failed EARLY ON, the ECFs were all “apostate” and it wasn’t until AFTER the Protestant Revolt that His Church came back from the ashes.

This isn’t just stupid and unsubstantiated – it’s blasphemous.
Doesn’t sound like you know Christ at ALL . . .
Yes, the EFC's were a mess.

They dumped the original meanings and started writing mass commentary about it, which eventually evolved into the RCC with all it's mass commentary.

Use only the Bible, dump all commentary.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

They dumped the original meanings and started writing mass commentary about it, which eventually evolved into the RCC with all it's mass commentary.

Another stupid proposition.

To use “only the Bible”, you MUST defer to the Church.
Jesus left His CHURCH in charge as the FINAL arbiter (Matt. 16:18, Matt. 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 16:12-15, John 20:21-23).

YOU
simply don’t understand the very Scriptures you purport to be the “Final” Authority or you wouldn’t have made such an asinine proposition . . .

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another stupid proposition.

To use “only the Bible”, you MUST defer to the Church.
Jesus left His CHURCH in charge as the FINAL arbiter (Matt. 16:18, Matt. 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 16:12-15, John 20:21-23).

YOU
simply don’t understand the very Scriptures you purport to be the “Final” Authority or you wouldn’t have made such an asinine proposition . . .
You are losing it...an emotional wreck this morning.
Dump the silly commentary before it melts your theological thought process.
You believe anyone with a degree from a seminary, or just RCC ists?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Answer me this:
Christ built His Church and guaranteed that it wouldn’t fail.

At what point did His Church fail?
Surely, you MUST know, if you're going to make such a damning statement against His Church.

YOU
claim that the ECFs were all “Apostate”. –even though some of them, like Ignatius of Antioch and Polycarp were students of the Apostles themselves.

Just curious . . .

Reactions: Marymog

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are losing it...an emotional wreck this morning.
Dump the silly commentary before it melts your theological thought process.
You believe anyone with a degree from a seminary, or just RCC ists?
That's a cheap cop-out because you can't deal with the fact that I exposed your anti-Church nonsense . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Answer me this:
Christ built His Church and guaranteed that it wouldn’t fail.

At what point did His Church fail?
Surely, you MUST know, if you're going to make such a damning statement against His Church.

YOU
claim that the ECFs were all “Apostate”. –even though some of them, like Ignatius of Antioch and Polycarp were students of the Apostles themselves.

Just curious . . .
CRICKETS . . .